2012 Home Project Organizational Challenge - Page 18
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

fHg: I suggest a floral and a plaid pillow. Something about that combo is very warm and cozy to me. A coffee table made by your DH would be a great idea, too! I'd also suggest hanging a piece of art that ties in your colors on the green wall over the loveseat/sofa -- like a tapestry, a wall quilt, a plate wall (http://pinterest.com/search/?q=plate+wall)or a photo grouping of family pictures with the mats covered in a scrapbook paper that would coordinate with your colors. I love the fleur de lis stencil over your window and I bet you could pull some color ideas from the fabric on your window seat. A floral arrangement would tie in a color scheme, too - a wreath or wall pocket would be a pretty alternative to flowers in a vase, and I think variegated dried eucalyptus would pull in your greens and burgundies very nicely. Have you ever considered adding in a rich old gold?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks, MyMelody! I had thought that I needed more on the wall, too. The couch is next to the piano , and there is a very large oil painting over the piano. Do you think it would clash to put another large piece of art that close? We usually only hang originals, not prints, so that is an idea....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Maybe that spot would be a good one for a piece of metal art or a wall pocket with flowers, so as to add interest to the space without competing with the other painting?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by forHISglory View Post
    Thanks, MyMelody! I had thought that I needed more on the wall, too. The couch is next to the piano , and there is a very large oil painting over the piano. Do you think it would clash to put another large piece of art that close? We usually only hang originals, not prints, so that is an idea....

Clash? Clash? We have to worry about artwork clashing? Oh dear! My house must be a real noisy place then! I've got artwork on every wall!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

My husband is the "wall art" fiend - we've got so much on the walls, it's a bit scary. . . original paintings, custom matted and framed prints, carved thingies, wrought iron candle sconces, a massive clock, a wooden flute, a reed Handpainted Japanese thingy: it's a little noisy in my living room, too!

No progress on the basement - except I had to go get a can of mushrooms for dinner, and a chocolate bar for DH after dinner (in my "mislabelled" bucket, of course) and I didn't have to crawl over, around, or through stuff to put hands on what I wanted! yay. And the "work space" table I swear was smiling at me!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Here are pics of the office closet in question, to hold me accountable. I stacked a few things more neatly since this pic when the house showed, but it's still far from neat and organized.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    Clash? Clash? We have to worry about artwork clashing? Oh dear! My house must be a real noisy place then! I've got artwork on every wall!
    So funny! I won't say you are "off the wall", but I love your humor. I tend to be rather minimalistic in decor, and honestly, I get scared silly thinking of putting things on the walls. I just freeze..... and put nothing.

Big problem with the couch area (you can see that in my pics), is that there is a thermostat and humidity control panel on that wall. So it really throws me off when it comes to placing and balancing things. Or at least, that's my excuse.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

fHg: I wouldn't worry about it. Forget the thermostat etc. exist, and just position artwork over the couch. You might want to consider a grouping of smaller artwork to balance the large one over the piano...or switch the large one over the piano to over the couch (with some smaller ones to the side) and put a smaller one/grouping over the piano.

Positioning artwork on the wall is a whole exercise in itself. I suggest you google "artwork grouping" on the Net. Try this, and this. Check out Google Images for ideas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bombed out of this for a while, but my bedroom redecorating plans are progressing slowly but surely. Today I got a lovely painting reduced to £8 and new bedclothes reduced to half price today

I still need a more appropriate jewellery box, necklace stand and one more wall hanging. I also have to figure out what colour the new curtains and lamps (the old ones are damaged) should be so that it all ties in.

Photos will be provided when it is all complete

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Squidge, could the lamps be spray painted?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not doing much of anything that really shows, but I did go through and purge a half box of cookbooks today while watching a Northern Exposure marathon. It takes so long to look through them and copy the recipes I want to keep. I buy so many cookbooks and have to keep on top of them or they'll take over.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I spent about an hour in the basement today. Emptied and filled a few tubs, started putting things neatly on some shelves. Pitched two big bags of garbage, it was a very productive time sent down there today!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Finished my last hooking from last week's lessons. Onto cleaning up the sunroom in preparation for this week's lesson...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I listed 5 items from the office closet for sale on local online classifieds and any money I earn will go to savings.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've decided that my project for the rest of the month is going to be purging and reorganizing my clothing. I have been blessed over the last couple of years with hand-me-downs from some friends. But, I have not kept up with it all and I have WAY too much clothing now. It is falling off shelves and just overwhelming.

Thanks to another thread discussing what would be a reasonable wardrobe for a SAHM I decided I need to do this. Plus I have a $0 budget for household projects for the rest of the month and I can purge without spending any money.

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast