2012 Home Project Organizational Challenge - Page 20
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cleaned out the dresser. Working on the desk, then the nightstand, then the shelves. Once those are done, I'll install the curtain rod, add the thermal curtain, and the bedroom will be done!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

With my mom in town have not gotten back to the bedroom. She brought me some frames, so I got pictures printed and hung in the Family room to try to finish that project. Also printed some prints of the victory garden era posters that I am going to hang in the kitchen.

Does working in the yard count? Today was the only pretty day for the next five. I cleaned out the garden bed around the front of the house, divided and moved irises around to add more color for this Spring & Summer. Also started working on my new herb container garden on the back deck.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Completed my February goal this evening. Kitchen cabinets are cleaned out, clutter given away (yes I can actually find what I need and can actually use what I have!) and insides all washed out. Outsides are also scrubbed and polished with Old English...they look so much nicer than before. Now to decide on a goal for March!
    This is a WONDERFUL challenge for me. I often have long lists and many plans but little follow through..tracking 1 task which is over due per month is helping me to actually get it done.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I got my Jan/Feb goal of getting my laundry/pantry room organized. It looks great. I can see everything and it is easy to maintain. Wish I would have done this a long time ago.

Now for the reast of this month and March I know what I want to tackle, it is just can I do it. Have to think about it

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Worked on the desk and the shelves yesterday. My back is not cooperating with me this weekend, so I am having to take a lot of breaks, but I still anticipate getting most of the project finished today. The only thing I just can't picture myself doing right now is climbing up on a step ladder to install the curtains. Other than that, I think I can finish today!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We've done a little more in the living room for my February project. We acquired a small table to put between the club chairs, and arranged some of our smaller pottery pieces on a table at the end of the hall (just past the living room). The table is a family heirloom, made by a family member long ago. The beehive bowls with candles on top are from my grandmother. The smaller items on the bottom shelf are from our time in the Orient. The large crock on the floor is from my side of the family. The large green pottery piece on the little table came from a second hand store. No family history, but we thought it was beautiful for $3!!!! I still have not tackled the problem art on the wall above the couch, but it's brewing in my head. As you can tell, we have a pottery theme in our home. Even the lamp base is pottery! We enjoy browsing thru second hand shops, thrift shops, etc. on the hunt for various pieces. And we cherish the pieces handed down in the family. So that's what we have done so far!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

fHg, looks great! I like how well the vase goes with those chairs!

I am done with my February project, except for hanging the thermal curtain. I may try that today, but I am fighting a back issue, so I will have to play that one by ear. Not sure I want to be on a step ladder when my nerves decide it is time to spasm.

March's project will be the livingroom, and I'll probably need every single one of those 31 days to get it done! That has been the resting place of all the clutter I've moved out of the kitchen and bedroom, as well as the everyday, ordinary, clutter. Still not sure what my "vision" for this room is, so I'll just have to be a bit organic about it, and see what I end up with!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here's my update:

We had to go out of town yesterday to buy a freezer, but luckily the nearest Sears (fifty miles) had the exact one we wanted so we didn't have to go to the next nearest Sears (110 miles). So that saved a lot of time and energy and enabled us to get the freezer home and unloaded before dark.

Our doggy is doing much better but she hurt herself while we were gone. She's doing better today though. No real diagnosis so we're just keeping an eye on her.

It was an ordeal but we did get the big honkin' freezer moved into the living room. We were going to get a chest freezer and put it in the sewing room, but now that it's an upright it'll most likely go into our back porch. Changes will need to be made, just minor modifications but that will have to wait for spring. So the beast will have to live in the living room till then.

My back is wrecked. We still have to take the old freezer out but that will probably have to wait a week or two until I've recovered enough to wreck it again. Not looking forward to it.

Out of the blue, my mom called and offered to buy us the freezer for our upcoming birthdays. Thanks so much, Mom! That helps us out A LOT!

A lot of organization will need to be done before the freezer can be installed in the porch, so that's why this fits under home organization.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mad Hen and Spirit Deer: take care of those backs! You're only issued one!! If I were closer, I'd come help with those projects.

Thanks for the compliments!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Going to get busy in that sewing room yet! Now where to start...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, fHg. I'm taking it easy today.

We moved the freezer into its new temporary place and plugged it in. It works! I hope we get at least twenty years out of it. We purposely did not buy an Energy Star rated freezer, so I'm hoping that'll help.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks, fHg. I am working on the livingroom today. I find my back seizes up less when I keep moving, so I am trying to make slow and steady progress.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spent the day cleaning out the files in my desk, all the way back to 2007! So since I got those cleared out, I did my 3 stacks of filing that needed to be done. Whew, sure feels good to get that done. Still have a few things to do on my desk, but getting the filing cleaned out and done was a huge accomplishment!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Welllll I meant to get back to cleaning out my clothing project. But, this storm system moving through has given me a bad headache. I did get into my sewing room this morning and throw together curtains for my kitchen (the ongoing project). I used fabric from my stash so this basically cost me nothing. The red in the curtains is the color I'm going to paint the bottom cabinets in the kitchen eventually.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-K...k/s144/174.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-A...Q/s144/168.JPG

Tomorrow I am going to have another shot at sorting my clothes The piles will still be there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

fHg - love the little table between the chairs and those beehive bowls are adorable!

SD and MH - be careful with those backs! Spasms are the worst...you just never know when they are going to hit!

warramra - those curtains are so cute! Great job!

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast