2012 Home Project Organizational Challenge - Page 24
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WTG, MyMel!

Ace Hardware was giving away free quarts of paint yesterday, so I got some to paint the cabinet I've been meaning to get installed by the back door. Maybe I'll get to that some year soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Finally coming out from under jet lag. Don't know why I have it so bad this time. I think it's because I didn't get enough sleep while I was away.

I'm busy making a plan for this week and working my plan. Laundry was yesterday. Plus a pantry inventory and grocery list. Also had to buy a bookcase for the boarder. And pull out linens for the futon for her.

Today will be grocery shopping and getting down into the basement to organize the utility room better while DH is home. And sleeping.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I made some progress in the livingroom yesterday. During my January kitchen project and my February bedroom project, I piled everything that I didn't want in the kitchen and bedroom into the livingroom. So it has taken some time to sort through the stuff in the livingroom, getting rid of miscellaneous things, before I can even think about actually cleaning the room. This weekend, I got rid of an old printer, two bags of yarn, a old space heater, an old serving platter, and a pair of dungarees, thanks to Freecycle.

I also have two large lawn/leaf bags full of garbage; one grocery bag full of books to donate; and one grocery bag full of thrift items to donate.

I also tackled all the laundry yesterday, and have it all folded and MOST of it put away.

All this stuff was in the livingroom and is now sorted, so I feel like I can get started on getting the actual LIVINGROOM sorted now, as well. Probably won't get to much of it until this weekend, though, because I've got a crazy work week ahead of me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This week will be devoted to organizing my thoughts and getting them on "paper" so I can get done with my articles for this issue.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Grocery shopping done. Now for lunch and then to the basement to attack the mess!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Basement is finally cleaned up for the boarder! Much easier to get in and out. A few final touch ups, but that's it. Told her tonight to feel free to watch the TV in the family room, or use it to watch DVDs and/or videos. She seemed very happy with the set up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

Bedroom's off to a grand start: I minimized piles in front of closet (helpful, yes), bought bed risers, which now opens up about 11.5 inches of Vertical space under the new to us queen bed, stuffed two totes under there (empty at the moment), DH's side will probably house the laundry basket for dirty clothes.

I have discovered three of my favorite tops have holes - pooh. Am making lists of what to look for at the thrift store. Can't wait to get into my spring things - packed away in the closet at the moment.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great going, NicJean!

My husband thought I was nuts when I insisted on buying a double-bed waterbed once at a garage sale for $75. What I really wanted was the drawer base, which had four large drawers. I had nowhere to store bed linens and putting that base under our bed took care of that problem. Not to mention the base of our waterbed at the time had six tiny drawers that were all falling apart. That's been one of my best furniture purchases! I love underbed storage. I made bookshelves out of the sides and used the plywood decking for something else. I got my money's worth.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

Up until a couple weeks ago, DH and I have been sharing a double, with a futon base (ie 4 inches off the ground), a mattress, boxspring and a memory foam mattress - eventually got too darn squishy for DH. The change has been really nice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can see why it would be nice.

I'm starting to eyeball my three various freezer spaces. The new little chest freezer is pretty well organized since I made two new baskets for it, so I'm not really thinking about changing that one. But with the new upright, I'm learning how to organize that. A lot of the things I've stored in the side by side freezer would be better stored in the upright. Mostly I'm trying to figure out what type of storage to use on the doors of both, whether I need to buy a couple more door trays for the new one, and that sort of thing. Good thing I like messing around with ideas for stuff like that. Eventually I'll figure it out.

I need to re-arrange the shelves in the fridge, too. I changed them a while back and still hate the new arrangement, so I'm going to switch back and add a drawer to one of the shelves so stuff doesn't get lost at the back. Next time I clean it...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am definitely making progress in my office, etc. room. I have sent out several refunds and pulled a few things out of the bags they have been sitting in and dispersed them. I may be, however, the only person in this house who notices a difference.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Made proper curtains for the living room, so company can sleep on the hide-a-bed when they come. One more thing crossed off my list.

Will see what else needs to be done around here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My March project of sorting boxes in the basement for a garage sale is... uh.... still sitting there. I may get some done by the end of March, but parental care is using up most of my time right now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good going, everyone.

fHg, sorry to hear about your parents.

My project to sort out the boxes from the guest room that are now cluttering up the pool table isn't going anywhere either.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ordered my new garden window today. Is it kind of weird that I can't decide if I'm more excited about getting the new window installed or using the old ones to make a HM cold frame?

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627 ... LastLast