2012 Home Project Organizational Challenge - Page 6
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know you meant Madhen's puppies. Here are my puppies, in travel mode on the way to Yellowstone:

Today I plan to finish the window quilt and one more strip on the lapghan. Then I really should do some tidying in the sewing room. It's probably not as bad as it looks right now, with so many of the big UFOs out of it now. It would sure be nice to get things cleaned up in there. So that's a goal: Spend one hour purging and organizing sewing room.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

brain f*rt moment! Yes, I meant madhen's puppies. But yours are absolutely beautiful SD!

I'm off to actually do something today. Check in with you all later.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    My new camera is set to be delivered today, I'll be a picture taking fool!
    Yay!!

Thanks for posting the pics McD - I can honestly say I've never seen built in dressers before. I *think* I may have seen something similar but its like a built in shelving unit built out from the wall so it looks like its built in (does that make sense?) Kinda of like a floor to ceiling-wall to wall shelving unit and some options are drawers. (flr to ceiling closet organizer?)

Looks like you did a great job with the room swap

Quote Originally Posted by Shelli_wnj View Post
    Well, I got the tree and other Christmas decorations taken down today. That's a BIG one for me, usually it doesn't get taken down till I get so upset at myself that it is still up and I am embarassed to have people over, sometime in late Jan early Feb! LOL
    While I did that, I organized where the Christmas stuff goes downstairs, so it is all together, and labeled even.
    I can't wait to put away the Christmas/winter decor stuff. I promised DH that I'd wait until after the Little Christmas before I did ... its killing me I'm one that needs to strike while the iron's hot and right now I'm in a purging, cleaning, organizing mode. Sunday will be the decor day!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I like to leave my Christmas up till Jan. 6th, but this year I just don't want to take it down at all. I'm going to have to though. I need the room to work on my rugs!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Love those built ins McD!!!! Wish I had something like that.

SD - your puppies are gorgeous!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Looks like all but one of the puppies (Percy) and mom got adopted today!! I am thrilled for the ones that got adopted, but feel terrible that Percy has to spend the night alone at the shelter tonight. Fingers crossed that he is adopted tomorrow!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That's wonderful madhen but now I feel sorry for poor little Percy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Aw, poor little Percy! I bet someone will snap him right up though, and he'll be happy in his forever home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I striped the adhesive off the stairs in my back entry. They'll need to be sanded before I can refinish them, so I ordered a huge pack of sanding disks on Ebay (used a ton of them to sand the siding on my garage, and I have 2 more sides to go on that project). I removed the tile flooring in the back entry (can I count the tile I'm discarding in the decluttering challenge?). Next step is to remove the thin subfloor (the reason the tile floor was a disaster), then remove the wood floor boards unless they are salvageable.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My new queen size mattress was delivered last night. Now I am on the hunt for new sheets, bedspread, bed skirt, etc.

I am also planning out the craft activities I want to do for decorations for the kids' new rooms.

For instance if Moo's room, I have found some neat ideas making artwork out of buttons. I want to take a wooden craft letter (M of course!) and wrap in yarn and hang from a ribbon in her room.
    I need a light switch in there. I have found an awesome idea for a DIY mobile: hey jen renee: scooter mobile DIY I want to make little vintage style birdies to match her bed set.

So far in Dubya's room, I want to make him a Harry Potter Style light switch cover. LUMOS for on, NOX for off. I also want to buy a big wooden W for his room. I am then going to wrap it and modge podge it in the pages of old Wolvering comic books.

(Please note: all of these ideas are seen on Pinterest and can be found on my various boards).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

today I finished Januarys project - cleaning out the office closet! It was a mess but now I can actually see whats in it. Plus I can get to it without stuff falling on my head!
    Now I need to decide what February project will be.......

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    I want to take a wooden craft letter (M of course!) and wrap in yarn and hang from a ribbon in her room. I ended up finding some super pretty scrapbook paper that I am going to wrap the lettre in and mod podge.

I have found an awesome idea for a DIY mobile: hey jen renee: scooter mobile DIY I want to make little vintage style birdies to match her bed set.

I need to still purchase the handing thing, but I started on the birdies . My MIL is helping. We are doing felt birdies, foam birdies, scrapbook paper birdies, etc. We are doing a ribbon mobile off an embroidery hoop. We are also putting fabric in embroidery hoops and then will hang the hoops.

So far in Dubya's room, I want to make him a Harry Potter Style light switch cover. LUMOS for on, NOX for off. I also want to buy a big wooden W for his room. I am then going to wrap it and modge podge it in the pages of old Wolvering comic books.

Bought the letter, just need to get started!

(Please note: all of these ideas are seen on Pinterest and can be found on my various boards).
    Please see updates above.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I organized the cabinet under the sink and partially finished the far cabinet on the left hand side. I still have some orphan/straggler items from the section of cabinets I started with on the bottom that are giving me fits re: relocation. The bottom cabs on the right side will be a snap -- should get them done this week -- but tops will be a pain. Lots of stuff up there!

Baby 3 due 7/10/2019

Just trying to keep on keeping on!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

I must join - sad to admit, there are too many large projects that I need to do - I get overwhelmed and don't do any.

January (and most of February, I gather) my focus will be on my office/craft/wrapping/miscellaneous room that once clean, only stays that way for a couple days, maximum.

I need a better organizational system for each of the activities I do in there, need to update household info and binders, need to trash tons of paper (my nemesis), need to maintain a cleaning schedule (if one is in the binder, and I could find the binder, my house would be kinda clean. . .). Oh, and I need to put away the Christmas wrapping stuff: ribbons, bows, tags, doo-dads, paper, bags, tissue.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I took down Christmas, so it's time to get started on some things around here.

Went through the household binders last evening trying to throw things away. I couldn't throw away much at all. I'm disappointed.

I have a bunch of printouts off the computer that I am contemplating tossing. I mean, they're available online, so why keep them? But then there's the email lists I was on that I can't get the information from again without signing up again, and I don't want to do that. Hmm...what to do.

In all honesty I should probably toss them, as I haven't looked at them in years. BUT that's also partly a storage problem...I had them stashed someplace I rarely go and unlabelled so I didn't know what was what.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast