2012 Home Project Organizational Challenge - Page 8
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like jars too. I have to be very careful not to buy them when I see them cheap. I'm trying to decide if I should switch everything over to pint and quart canning jars and get rid of almost all the others, in the interest of uniformity and de-cluttering. We'll see.

I need to sort through herbs and spices and put a bunch of them in containers. The containers for a bunch of them are sitting in the pantry empty, so that's using twice as much space at it would need to. I really need to get into the pantry and get that better organized real soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    I like jars too. I have to be very careful not to buy them when I see them cheap. I'm trying to decide if I should switch everything over to pint and quart canning jars and get rid of almost all the others, in the interest of uniformity and de-cluttering. We'll see.
    I'm curious. Would you tell us from left to right, what is in your jars on the counter ?
    The big jar looks gallon size, and is flour ?
    I am guessing the next one is sugar. The 3rd jar has me stumped.

I like jars. Lately I been using 2 quart size canning jars to store things.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The big jar on the left holds ten pounds of AP flour, so it's bigger than a gallon, maybe three gallons, then sugar, wheat flour, and rye flour behind the bananas. The tall square jar is barley, I think. Behind that there's a cluster of jars with brownie mix and and some other mixes. The round gallon jars (can't really see them) have snack cake mix and tortilla mix. The dark colored jars have Bisquick mix, vanilla sugar, and some graham flour I shouldn't have bought. The two gallon jar on the right is bread flour. There are some empty jars in the mix, stuff I need to do something about. The plastic container next to the dark canisters toward the right is just a jar of molasses turned upside down because it's almost empty. We're working our way through excess molasses by making our own brown sugar. That whole area needs to be re-organized and tidied up, and we need to quit buying flour and sugar so far ahead, too. It's all stored behind the jars it'll all go into and I hate that. It's all kind of a mess right now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spirit, I love all the hanging cast iron ware. I've learned not to buy too many baking supplies since my baking powder seems to expire before I can use it anymore.

This AM I went down and made the 2 bathroom boxes into one. The one left has duplicates of somethings upstairs. When I use the upstairs items,I will get and finish the ones in the box. The empty box has been packed and readied for the next pick up. That makes two boxes ready to go!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Still plugging away at the kitchen. I have a three-day weekend ahead of me, and I am determined to get it done by Monday!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

I'm a magazine recipe ripper-outer and keeper. . . paper is my nemesis, for some bizarre reason. I've got three hanging file plastic tub things, and one was filled to the brim with my magazine pages. I have gone though today and sorted into categories, placed in folders, tossed a bunch (not quite half). But, today was trash day so the recipes I tossed are taunting me from the bottom of the recycle tote.

I went through all other paperwork in the hanging files, tossing a paperbag full also - old bank statements, old credit card statements (paid off since 09, just wanted to make sure the credit cards were dead, I guess), old health insurance papers, etc - junk!
    I organized this and last years bank statements (2 accounts) into thin three ring notebooks that fit in the plastic containers - I even used the label-maker on them so I know which is which.

I guess tossing old paperwork and organizing the rest counts for half of one shelf in my office that I REALLY need to purge. I feel really good, but there's so much more I need to do . . .
    Last edited by NicJean; 01-14-2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: clarifying thought

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Don't think about what's left to do, just be happy about the progress you've made.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Paper clutter is one of my problems. I have tons of recipes to try someday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We got the new shelf installed over the sink. Finally! So now our little cobalt glass collection has its home back and there's a place to hang up the pots and strainers again. Yea!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think I'm going to relax tonight and work on some stuff tomorrow. I'm need to work more on the scrapbooking stuff. There was a lot more there than I thought!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

I've been up and at 'em early today (it's well below freezing outside - nothing helps a procrastinator more than cold weather when its farm chore time). I've cleared off the bed in the office. WHEW! *sigh* It wasn't too too bad, just a lot of random stuff: a children's Bible and clarinet that need to be sent to my big sister, Christmas lights, cards, tags, stockings (I actually tossed two random stockings!!), a box of Thanksgiving stuff (linens, raffia, candles and holders), tossed a pair of very cute but unusable salt/pepper acorn shakers, more magazine recipe pages - I tossed more than half (good for me!).

I need to make several trips down to the basement to put away my seasonal items.

Coming back from the chickens, I noticed a 'big stink' in the mudroom: we have been declaring war on the mice - I think we got one. . . now to find it (eeewwww!).

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rather than focusing on large project at a time and getting burnt out and overwhelmed (which is what has happened in the past), I am focusing on things little bit by little bit as they pop up.

Yesterday at Target, I found sheets for the bed. They were sold separately, I thought that was odd, but they were on clearance and only ended up paying $12. They are a super pale yellow. I also found the bedspread set that I want. But I held off on that, i am going to ask for it for my birthday or cash out my MyPoints to get a giftcard to help ease the cost. I have about 11K points. This is it: Product: Target Home Puckering Comforter Set - Elephant Gray

I also reorganized and cleaned out two deep kitchen cupboards. Now my baking suppiles, my mini-pantry, and my tupperware stuff is also organized.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I semi-sorted our pantry yesterday, so now I have a better idea what's in there and made room for the mega-haul of cheap canned veggies I picked up Friday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

NicJean I have 2 huge drawers of clipped recipes from magazines. One drawer is organized with file folders in catagories. I love going through them, but I need to get them all sorted and sift out what I know I won't make.

Today I tackled my bathroom. I cleaned out the medicine cabinet and the makeup and hair drawer. Man, it felt good to pitch all of the stuff I know I'm not going to make. I took more stuff down the basement, one of these days I'm going to have to go down there and start organizing stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've been a small force of nature in my kitchen. It is starting to come together, but looks terrible right now, because the floor is piled with pantry items that I pulled out, so I could clean off the shelves. I'll take pics of the finished product.

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast