2012 Home Project Organizational Challenge - Page 9
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Everyone is doing great!

SD - love the shelf!
    McD - love that comforter set! Pretty color too.

Tackled the front closet (we store the pet food in there along with the jackets) today. I filled two 5 gallon plastic tubs with the pet food...one for the dog and one for the cats. Much neater now and less mess!
    Then I tackled the lower pantry shelf...tossed a few things in there.

I only have the middle pantry shelf left to do...plus I think I am going to add pulling out the fridge and cleaning the floor and the back of it to my list. I still have plenty of time this month. Then the whole kitchen will be spic and span and organized.

Two more totes will be picked up tomorrow so I can then tackle more boxes and storage!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I haven't made great strides in the kitchen cabinet project in the past week, but I am very excited for those of you who are making such great progress on your own tasks!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

I finished going through one entire floor to ceiling shelf rack (wow I keep random things), and started on the top shelf of the other. I knew the top was gonna be scary - took me a looong time.

Three boxes of semi-organized photos, yet to be scrapbooked - went through and tossed some, I was ruthless! I consolidated some floral supplies, got rid of one entire "under the bed" box that was up there (umm, full of junk, mostly!).

Have cleared the front of the next shelf - I need to tackle floral magazines and books. This'll be a hard one - I love entertaining and use some of those books annually. . .

Putting that off for the rest of the day, I cleared my desk/counter/workspace. Made me so happy I worked on Valentines this afternoon. Yeah, now it's kinda messy - but I'll finish and put everything away in the morning, I promise!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Spent the last four days reorganizing the kitchen. I have a few smaller projects in there to get it "just right" and to finish this month's goal of getting the kitchen in order, including driling a hole to hang a basket, finishing the dog bed area, etc, but the bulk of it is done!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Looks great madhen! Love those vittlevaults!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks, DC. The door they are blocking is a wasted space area. It is one shelf at floor level that slides out. I think it was meant for a hidden garbage can, but I don't keep my garbage there, so it didn't bother me to block it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It all looks great, MH!

I have that same Crock-Pot! But yours is probably in better shape.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Doubtful. I got it via Freecycle a couple of years ago. Works great, though!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nice job madhen! Sorry I'm weighing in a bit late here folks. I haven't done a thing on the home organization front. Will be doing some today though...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

To finish up my January kitchen project, I need to do the following:
    1. Hang the wire basket I bought (for additional storage of produce and/or washcloths)
    2. Finish the dog blanket (for the dog's area)
    3. Figure out what I want to put in the last cupboard I cleared out (maybe mixing bowls, maybe more pantry space)
    4. Clean top of fridge
    5. Clean/purge inside fridge
    6. Clean inside of oven
    Optional (i.e, "would cost money"), but nice:
    1. Comfy pad for floor in front of sink
    2. Replace current old (but still reliable) Mr. Coffee with one that suspends under the cupboard, giving me more counter space
    3. Fix/replace dishwasher (doesn't work, but I found that out after not using it for about two years, so not a huge loss) or find an appliance that I like better that will fit in same footprint. (Wine fridge, bookshelf for cookbooks, small freezer, d/w....)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My scrapbooking project is ending up costing more than I thought. So I may put off finishing it till February. I do have two large 3" binders full of stuff though.

I did the purge of the household binders. Not much condensing happened!

I'm waiting on DH to help me move the filing cabinet in the basement to make room for him to work there. He seems not interested yet.

I haven't got fabric I like for the new curtain for the window and I don't want to buy anything right now. This might wait as well.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I forgot to mention, I purchased curtains at Target on clearance and finally have curtains in m y kitchen again.

They aren't really what I want, but until we have the funds to redo the entire kitchen, it'll do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

I've gone through the books/magazines on the shelf - tossed about ten. I must admit, I did not tackle that task as wholeheartedly as I probably should have. But it's done, for now.

I switched my 2 "household binders" into 1, and have separate Holiday and Contacts notebooks. More paperwork, ack!

I did end up tossing three paper grocery sacks full of paper, cardstock, paperboard, reciepts (some so old, had completely faded!). Also tossed a lot of photos I'm not gonna scrapbook. Note to self: Toss ALL paper that you don't need, and convert all paper onto computer!

I did clear off my work table/desk after finishing (I think. . .) all my Valentines.

Need to store a handful of items that jumped onto the guest bed in there, but not too bad.

Christmas wrap is bagged up and in the basement. (Huge, rubber band type hairbands are awesome as giant rubberbands - I recently hacked all my hair off - well, most of it. . .)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by madhen View Post
    [/LIST]Optional (i.e, "would cost money"), but nice:
    1. Comfy pad for floor in front of sink
    2. Replace current old (but still reliable) Mr. Coffee with one that suspends under the cupboard, giving me more counter space
    3. Fix/replace dishwasher (doesn't work, but I found that out after not using it for about two years, so not a huge loss) or find an appliance that I like better that will fit in same footprint. (Wine fridge, bookshelf for cookbooks, small freezer, d/w....)
    I hope you don't mind madhen...some suggestions...

1. Comfy pad...you could knit one and add the non slip backing...that way you get exactly the color and style you want.
    2. The space where the dishwasher is.... do you have an old bookshelf or some wood laying around that you could make something yourself, that wouldn't cost much?

Peanut - love you 'see' you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks, DC,

Yes, if I replace the dw with a bookshelf, I'll probably start by looking around upstairs. I have a couple of smaller bookcases up there that I have acquired over the years.

I was looking at some crocheted rugs, but I was thinking something more like a stall mat, those thick rubber mats you put in stalls to keep your horses' hooves comfy.

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast