Fling 2012 Things in 2012 Challenge! - Page 16
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Latest update: I discovered I have certain areas of the house that I always glance over when I am cleaning/decluttering. I am trying to look at it as if I haven't used it since my 5 year old has been alive I don't need it!

14 envelopes left over from Christmas cards
    2 mis-matched arm floats
    15 samples
    1 cologne
    1 baby blanket
    4 magazines
    3 hats
    1 birthday decal
    5 lids
    3 cleaners
    1 knick knack
    10 notepads
    55 trash or so
    1 sticky finger product (like to count money)
    2 letter openers (I just rip them open)
    1 staple remover
    8 plastic paper clips
    2 pens
    1 organizer
    9 cook books
    8 boxes
    1 fake snow
    1 craft bag
    2 bags of craft supplies
    1 sand art
    1 coffee filter
    2 camera
    4 games
    1 CD holder
    6ish candy/gum
    4 wrapping paper
    1 water thermos
    1 pill box
    8 can coozies
    23 kid toys
    6 ribbons
    4 baby shower items
    4 gift bags
    1 gift box
    20 recipe cards
    3 bags
    1 purse
    2 pair shoes
    10 coupons
    1 bottle bag
    2 clothing items
    29 VHS tapes
    1 DVD
    1 bank

Subtotal this list: 288
    GRAND TOTAL 1772

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Last week of so of flinging...

21 items in an abbreviated 27 fling boogie
    1 item permanantly to DH's workplace
    6 clothes donated
    10 items sold and delivered
    2 toys
    3 items to another SN mom
    15 hangers recycled
    10 (mystery items, but I wrote down 10...hehe)
    1 baby item
    2 baby bottles

71 out recently!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by qsaver704 View Post
    I am sure that didn't make you happy. Doesn't it also make you upset when you get to the new place, know you have been decluttering for MONTHS before the move, and discover so much useless junk when you get to the new place???
    ~Oh my yes! I keep scratching my head and saying how did I not see this stuff was on the brink last month when I could have tossed it before the packers came? And I thought I was doing so well.
    I am so eager to get to work on reducing paper clutter but I'm hesitating to spend the $400 on the quick scanner. I know it will be worth it but the amount right now sounds so prohibitive.
    Had a family birthday today so some presents came in. Also need to count some clothes and insulated lunch bags I picked up at the thrift store as well as a much needed book light. 20 IN~

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Donating 7-8 boxes of cookbooks to the library for the friends of the library sale (approx. 200?)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We flung what I'm just going to call 50 items this weekend - it's a lot more than that, but I didn't keep good track. The nice thing is that a ton of the items are bulky, so volume-wise, we did really well. I'm going to declutter the cabinet tops this evening and am hoping to add another 20 items.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did the 27 Item Boogie from Flylady this morning. I found 27 items to toss in about 5 minutes and 27 items to donate in 30 min. We've got a ton of stuff to purge, but most of it I can't see being of use to others. We've just got a lot of old and worn-out stuff! I'm going to try to complete the trash portion of the boogie 4 more times this week and the donate portion one more time this week. Hopefully this will help to balance out our trash to donate ratio.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I've been watching the price of the scanner I've been wanting for a month now. List is $495, Amazon's price has been steady at $415 until today. The price dropped to $389 today so I pounced. I hate to spend that much money but the thought of the paper clutter being gone makes me almost deliriously happy. So this weekend I will be scanning and shredding like a madwoman. ~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know I haven't been posting much, but 2 weeks ago I probably had a 500 plus item week! Got rid of an overflowing garbage can and 2 recycling containers full of trash! Same week was Stamp Out Hunger and had a bag full of about 30 food items from the pantry. I also found about 10 items in the pantry that just needed to be throw out. Cleaned out the medicine cabinet and tossed expired items. Put 15-20 things in the donate pile. Have 2 trash bags of DS's clothes he has outgrown. Threw away a bag of mostly used up sticker sheets and half crayons cheap from restaurants. Listed 12 things on eBay and sold 9 of them. Threw out 2 McDonalds cheap toys. Pitched a large frame that had broken.

My next goal is to take all of the items I have set aside for donating and actually drive them down OR see if I can get them picked up. I missed the last pickup in our neighborhood, and I can't drive for 2 weeks, so this may not get done right away, but I need to actually do it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good deal on the scanner!

Today I focused on the "trash" portion of the fling and got rid of 45 items from my bathroom shelves. Some of the items were just packaging (we had several partially full bottles of advil that I combined into one) but I also did a makeup purge and got rid of a lot of stuff I was never going to use.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tossed 27 items exactly today - I didn't feel like messing with an entire decluttering project today, so I just wandered around the apartment, opening random drawers and looking at several hotspots for clutter. Most of what I tossed was obvious trash (old receipts, junk mail, etc) and the whole process only took 9 minutes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I tossed another 27 items on Friday and around 40 today. Missed Saturday, but I had to work all day so I should have anticipated having trouble getting it done. Still, the house is looking a lot better. Not as much clutter lying around!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i've got to get back on this wagon!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yay, Dinah, do it! I'm starting to feel a little lonely here - I think my place must just collect a ton of trash, haha!

Yesterday I threw away another 27 items. Had a little breakthrough/down yesterday. I just got a new job and decided that transitioning into it was the perfect opportunity to make some positive changes in my life. It is, but perhaps I should not have tried to make them all on the same day! I rejoined myfitnesspal, counted calories, exercised, did ALL of my flylady challenges, did ALL of the laundry, and basically wore myself to the bone. DH came home and made a crack about the bathroom being dirty (which he genuinely thought would make me laugh) and I burst into tears! So today I'm only allowing myself to organize one drawer. No flylady extras beyond the June water challenge and exercise. I'll shine my sink and that will be it for today.

I have 8 items ready to donate to Goodwill and am shipping out 14 ebay items and 2 misc items. I trashed another dozen or so items in the process of getting the ebay items ready to go. I'm giving myself credit for 30 today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I donated the dining room set (table, 6 chairs, and 4 leaves) plus the TV stand. I almost wish I had a scale and it was SuperFlingBoogie time, it was probably close to 500 pounds!

I also got out a HUGE box of cardboard for the garbage truck today (they also pick up our recycling). I still have a lot more to go, but am hoping to be able to drive them to the recycling center this weekend, as the garbage truck has a limit on how much cardboard they'll pick up.

Yesterday I cleaned out the bottom of the fridge and threw away 9 food items. I also threw away 2 old organizer inserts that I had used in 2009 and 2010. Sure don't need those anymore!

I'm planning on a Salvation Army trip tomorrow. I have one box of housewares, two bags of clothes, and 1 bag of books. Probably 100 things total. These are all things that I already "flung" but never got around to actually dropping off.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Out this week:
    pair sandals
    6 holey socks
    candle
    plate
    couple instruction manuals
    couple catalogs
    dried out playdough
    =14 OUT
    In:
    popsicle molds