Frugal Village Forums banner

Fling 2012 Things in 2012 Challenge!

14K views 261 replies 32 participants last post by  telephus 
#1 ·
~I love this challenge!
It's amazing how much stuff comes into our homes over the course of a year. I kept track last year and I was shocked at how much came in(and I know I forgot to track some stuff!) Remembering to fling regularly will keep us from getting buried and owned by our stuff.
So, can you part with 2012 items this year?
That's 167-168 items a month.
38 items a week.
5-6 items a day.
3 in the morning and 3 at night.
Break it down the way it works for you. I like to do big power sessions of 50-100 items at a time, once or twice a week. I will also be counting the items that come into our home this year.
We can do this!~

#2 ·
You know I'm in! I'm not sure just how much I still have to go, but I'm sure I can find some! I'll need to get through the office, at some point and that will be good for a bunch. :)

2012 in 2012? We can do it! :)

#3 ·
I am definately in on this one, I have to reclaim my house from all the clutter and crud that has creeped into it!

Reactions: nuisance26
#5 ·
I am in on this one also, I think it will have to go hand in hand with the organizational challenge.
I soooo need to clean out and reclaim our little house. So yep, I am in.
I also need to go back through my posts and put the challenges that I am choosing to participate in, and put them in my siggy to keep them in my face :)

#7 ·
Thanks Constance! I am READY I have in my mind even where I am starting out! I will be taking DD's old kid stuff like her kitchen etc and donating it to a local daycare on Monday... I can't wait for this challenge to start... I'm getting so excited about my 2012 outlook on life YEAH!

#11 ·
OK Peeps are we READY!:hurray:

#12 ·
Starting out on the right foot, this morning by pulling out 6 items of clothing from DS5's closet to give to a friend. :)

#14 ·
I am cheating a bit. I cleaned up/out Friday and Saturday and am choosing to count those totals here.

2 old baby food cereals
1 painting sponge
1 combining half empty bottles
(5) sample size items
1 pills
3 coloring books
1 broken hanger
4 boxes
(5) old receipts
4 pair socks
6 old tees
19 shirts
2 slacks
6 Christmas returns-out of the house, so counting it
5 pans
2 crafts
6 baby items
(6) trash
(2) old coupons
3 creams
2 shoe polishes
1 table cloth
13 cups

Items in parenthesis are guesses because it was too many/small to count.

I believe my total is 101

#15 ·
~I'm getting a jump on the year!
21 gift bags and wrapping paper
4 books
ribbon
2 packs of buttons
2 cans
bag wax
cardboard tubes
pan
wax dyes and fragrances
3 blocks of wax
3 candle stands
spoon
39 candle molds
2 bags tea lights
3 pillar candles
2 pot holders
4 bags of wicks
melt pitcher
tray
pan
jar candle
=96 to start!~

#17 ·
100 things flung! I sold a box of 100 baby clothes on eBay and the sale closed today. I boxed them up and am ready to mail them out on Tuesday when the PO opens up again. :)

#18 ·
i gave away 20 holiday items that i dont use anymore .

#20 ·
Are you ready for my 1st fling.... geeze I can't BELIEVE how many things I have donated!
1 ~ Childrens Play Kitchen - donated to DD's old daycare
10 ~ pairs of brand new underwear still in the package ( could have saved serious cash here
1 ~ package of Disney Pin Trading backs - brand new
1 ~ Decorative Container - Kids from Claire's
1 ~ Childs Bra
5 ~ Child Tee's - SHort Sleeve
3 ~ Child Tanks
1 ~ Childs Long Sleeve Tee
1 ~ Jean Skirt
10~ Pairs of Soffe Shorts
2 ~ Pairs of NEW SOCK DD HATES
1 ~ Too Small adult sports bra - with tags
1 ~ Kids Sports Bra
1 ~ Childs Spaghetti Strap Dress
1 ~ Childrens Jeans
1~ Pair of Childrens PJ's
1 ~ 3 piece kids outfit - skirt/shirt/jacket

for a WHOPPING 75 things YEAH YEAH YEAH! I Can't wait until I do this again next weekend... I made a HUGE DENT in my clutter

#21 ·
~Excellent start to the year ladies!
I decided to get to last year's financial records sooner rather than later(and I usually put it off until April).
I tossed a bag's worth of unneeded receipts, bills and correspondence. I'm ready for tax time earlier than I've ever been!
Counting as 25!~

#22 ·
okay update to yesterday ...another 4 items this morning.

#23 ·
scrubbed my shower and organized/cleaned under Ktichen sink.... tossed out 8 empty bottles/boxes and have an almost empty bottle of dish soap draining into a full bottle so I can toss the empty one

#26 ·
Wow...I had a great flinging weekend! Added another 100 items (think it was around 103, but am rounding off) to my total. DD and I just spontaneously started going through her closet and dresser and found 100 items of clothing she has outgrown. Put them in a large trash bag and dropped them at my sister-in-laws for my nieces after dinner! Whoo-hoo!!!

Good thing I had such a productive weekend, because weekdays are tricky with work. So, I'll have to make up for it on the weekends! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.