Daily fix it, sort it, or clean it challenge - Page 11
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cleaned the shower curtains & hung them back up. Then cleaned & dusted upstairs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome, Trishgirl! It's nice of you to join us.

Sibrie, I'm sorry to hear the car deal fell apart. I hope you can find a new buyer soon.

I replaced the broken latch on the patio door, so that's finally fixed. It was an ordeal finding a new one. I, and most of the professional people I talked to about this problem, thought the 'innards' of the latches came with the door handles. But no, they're sold separately. Nobody stocks those parts in town here, and our hardware store people weren't familiar with them so couldn't help us order from their catalog. We went out of town yesterday for business, and luckily I remembered to take the old parts along to the home improvement store there. We couldn't find anything there either, but the clerk was able to help us find them in a different section. For some stupid reason, the inner parts for patio door locks are not displayed with the door handles. That would be too logical, I guess. Anyway, the part fits, it works, and after years of being broken, the door locks again!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I painted my oldest dd's bedroom: pink circles and pink stripes. We added an 'Hello Kitty' strip, but that fell off again (Aldi, old merchandise); will hunt for new strip because it looked really cute.

Found a new buyer for the car. Definite sale tonight.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good news on the car!

Can't you use wallpaper adhesive for the Hello Kitty strip? That sounds so cute and girly. How old is your daughter?

We dug around for some stuff yesterday in our spare bedroom, which is a disaster. Stuff just gets shoved in there when we don't have anywhere else to go with it. So today I have a couple boxes to go through. Just a couple, so it doesn't get overwhelming. There's a lot of stuff back there to donate though, so I think once we start to focus on it, it might not be such a bad job to sort through it all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dd is four ('-and-a-half' - she would add) and has tried putting it back herself. Strip is now damaged beyond repair.

The pink paint for the circles and stripes was mixed from white leftover wall paint and red leftover glossy paint (at least 15 years old). I just threw a bit of each together and started mixing, it turned out to be spot-on pink and exactly the same colour as the knobs on her bed!

While hunting for new strip, will also hunt for spraypaint to rejuvenate (designer) metal shelving unit I had in my room as a kid.

At the moment everything has more or less ground to a halt; I've had a cold, throat infections, and general laziness for about a fortnight now. Hope to get over it soon, because I don't like being in bed at 8 and leaving all the housework to dh.
    Last edited by Sibrie; 12-11-2012 at 08:39 AM. Reason: forgot to mention proud frugal moment

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope you feel better very soon.

That was lucky about the paint! I love when things work out like that. Good luck finding the new wallpaper border. I wonder if eBay would have something.

I sorted two boxes yesterday and I hate, hate, hate that. But I need to do two more today. If I can keep it up, I'd have over forty boxes sorted by the end of the year, plus the larger things I'll be pulling out of that room. That would probably be the end of the sorting in there, or close to it. So I need to keep that goal in mind. I'm only sorting keep, donate, and trash, so that's a little easier. Once that's all done, I'll have to re-sort the 'keep' boxes and put things where they actually go, but I've tried sorting into boxes to sort the keep stuff into specific destinations, but it gets to be too much. Since I've failed at that method so many times, it's time to give something else a try. So far, so good. We'll have a lot to donate from that room, so that'll drastically reduce the clutter just by itself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We went through my dh's wardrobes (yes, that's plural) and removed about half of his clothes. He grew 2 sizes, and he likes to wear nice clothes; he still has more than double the number of clothes left compared to what I have .....

The buyer of the car was the garage that maintained it these 4 years. They offered $925 and we accepted. Good thing we did, because they took it to the Technical Inspection and it failed! It will cost about $1,200 to fix, and that's for them, at cost, in their spare time. It would have been about double that amount for us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My husband has more clothes than I do, too. He works in an office, I work at home.

Good news about your car! Too bad for the buyers, but I'm sure they must have checked it out before buying it, and it sounds like it might still be a bargain for them.

I sorted six more boxes today. I hate sorting boxes! But I keep pecking away at them. Eventually, I'll get to the end, some year.

Tomorrow I have to do a major cleaning in the kitchen. I don't know how two people can dirty so many dishes in such a short time!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011