Spring Cleaning and Organizing challenge - Page 11
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think today I am going to try to declutter the garage and shoe racks. If the energy is there I am going to organize the daycare pantry too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

u ladies are doing wonderful..mine looks like it needs to burnt down..lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

De-cluttering main floor for company tonight.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I DID get one end of the kitchen counter pretty much cleaned off and another part semi cleared. I think tonight I'm going to throw away a bunch of plastic storage containers that I can't find lids for . I threw away a ton of them a while back. More needs to go.

I also have a bunch of Christmas decorations sitting in a couple boxes that I haven't put up for a couple years. I like them and they're really nice and/or cute but it's time to get realistic ( or at least partially realistic ). There's no where to store them in the mobile and I can't seem to get him motivated to clean out the storage building ( in all fairness he's dead beat tired when he gets home ) so some if not most of it needs to go. I'll deal with the "leftovers"/keepers after I've went thru them.

On a good note...I've Facebook sold a Bow Flex ... a Blackberry phone... and an evening type dress. I did well at it but man....what a pain in the a$$ trying to get together or people saying I want it and never hearing from them again. Luckily all of it went for decent money and really close to home. People selling on places like that for small amounts of money are losing their butts in gas meeting people.

So will work on the plastics and a little more of the kitchen counter and Christmas stuff. Not all tonight. Within the next few days.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I gathered up and broke down a big tote full of cardboard to recycle Saturday. We keep forgetting to do that. Also sorted a big stack of boxes to take to Mom's for moving.

The movers come in eight days. It will be such a relief to get those big pieces moved into her place, so we can really focus on sorting and moving and purging the smaller stuff. I suggested she move herself on 5/12 and she was reluctant at first. It's up to her of course, so she has to decide what she wants to do. But yesterday, at her new place, she decided she wants to move as scheduled. Then we can start setting up for the sales.

Which means I have to start sorting things here so we can get all the things we want on her sale moved over there. What a pain, but it's our best chance to sell some of it. So far, I've sorted and priced a brand new camp stove we won as a door prize, and dug out the #15 Dutch oven and priced that. I'm looking up prices for some of the camping gear we want to sell, so I can figure out what to sell our stuff for. I hope we can get back most of the money for our Eureka tent and cots and the Camp Chef two burner stove with oven, all of them new. Stuff we should have never bought.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay, finished the main floor as much as I'm going to do. Focusing on a declutter of the front entry. So far I've been able to pull out a moving box and stuff it full of things for charity. Now to work on the shelf...and getting my blazers, etc. back upstairs in the bedroom closet, if I can.

ETA: Shelf in entry closet done! I had no idea I had a portable CD player in there! Will talk to hubby and see if we can get rid of it or if he wants to use it for the car when we travel.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had a very mentally draining day at work. Listening to negativity all day really drains me (luckily only one staff member has this personality trait). After supper I will get 15 minutes of organizing done. I have some cabinents to go through in living room that are low so I can sit on floor, watch t.v and organize them all at the same time. After that I will have a big bowl of comfort food for dessert Ice cream!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

today, I opened three windows to get some fresh air inside. I cleaned those window sills out with the vacuum too. Then I did a thorough cleaning of the kitchen- microwave, counters, behind appliances, cleaned my hubby's junk table off in the corner of the kitchen- moved that table wiped all the baseboards/walls in the kitchen, swept and mopped the floor.
    Now I am beat! But the kitchen looks good.
    Sitting here enjoying a glass of wine...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I took the day off. Had company most of the day and did not sleep well last night and was up VERY early. The house is clean top to bottom.....no dinner mess because she took me out for a late lunch. This is pretty much the first down time I've had all week.
    Dh is out of town till tomorrow night so it's just a quiet evening with the critters.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wrote. Maybe that counts as organizing and de-cluttering my to-do list. I'm so lucky my publisher is a patient man!

Mom somehow found someone who comes into people's houses and buys up everything in it, then cleans the house to prep it for sale. She's going to have him come over and see what he has to say. I sure hope that works out, because it would sure save us a ton of work.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was able to squeeze in 15 minutes of rushed organization yesterday. I cleaned out the under cabinet of the hall bathroom sink. Not much was tossed - just put it in it's rightful place and neatened up the TP rolls in there.

Today I will bring up DD24's old apartment stuff from the basement which she left at the house and bring it to 'her' house tomorrow. Oh, she'll be mad at me because she doesn't feel like going through it - but oh well.

Then I will take the baby tomorrow- so no task will be accomplished with the baby around.

I will have her all day Sunday as well, but while she's napping, I will load the car up with the stuff DD24 left in her room lol! oh! she'll be so mad at me! hahahaha!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just shoveled what I hope will be the last of the snow from the new deck and moved the grill so the sun can dry the deck out.

Today I'm thinking about camper modifications. Don't know when I'll have any time to do any, but it's fun to think about. I think some of the camper mods were on my TW list.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husby surprised me by taking the afternoon off so he can help me with some things in my sewing room! I hope we get lots done. He's baking cookies first though.

First he can help me move the table out of there that I won't be using anymore, and then help me move the rods that hold the rolls of fabric in the rack. That would go such a long way in getting that room organized.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I wiped down the baseboards in the dining room, living room and family room. I moved all furniture and vacuumed the hidden spots, cleaned the dining room chandelier, threw out a bunch of old magazines, and cleaned the rangetop. I am completely exhausted!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I did indeed pack my car up with DD24's old apartment stuff she left in the basement. Cleared out a big spot down there. nice! I like!

Tomorrow I am declaring myself free from my 15 min organizational task as I will have the baby.

Be back on Sunday

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast