Spring Cleaning and Organizing challenge - Page 2
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've not experienced that it all comes up again. But then I haven't done another post right after I did mult quotes.

Does anyone else have experience with that ?

Oh pleeeeze don't let it be another week before she gets a round tuit. !

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dh told me to set the timer so he could get his "time in" He vacuumed for 3, 15 minute periods. Got 2 of 3 levels of house done.
    While he was busy with that I : Sanitized recycle bin. Organized paper and plastic bags, drawer for rags and dish cloths, drawer for tin foil,plastic wrap etc. Kitchen cupboards uncluttered. Emptied dishwasher. Put away items from the dryer. Organized my purse and tote I take my water bottle and snacks in.
    Time for a movie at home with DH. (I may work on the home organizer binder during the movie)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in the process of spring cleaning and I hate it....

I have a lot of things in my way...

1..my patio is so junky with my husbands and daughters crap.
    2. the entry to the house is the kitchen it is always plied up...and the kitchen is just ugly and the space does not work.
    3. Paige's living area is a mess...
    4...my laundry room and pantry are the same room and is always cluttered
    5. 3 dogs and 3 cats...always a potty issue...
    6..the master suite the storage room is suppose to be pretty walk in closet still a junk room.
    7. the guest room is cluttered with Christmas decorations and Paige's yard sale stuff
    8..hubs does not pick up after him self at all
    9...the children don't either...

ughhhhhhhhhhh

15 minutes ah heck I can do anything for 15 mins...

the next project is the down stairs bathroom (which is Paige's)
    the laundry room and hallway...

will report back

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

FN, that link looks like a combination of Flylady and MySimplerLife. I am currently using My Simpler Life's de-clutter calendar. My house is a disaster right now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I didn't get anything done today, helped DS put up his fence. Will try to work some 15 min. sessions in on sun.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OM- Try not to focus on the whole project. You have your list of what needs to be done and now focus on one project, or portion of a project that can be done in 15 minutes. Start with a portion of the room your choosing to work on. For example I knew the Kitchen was too big of a project for me , so I started with just the inside of the top freezer of fridge. It got me started, then I chose the fridge portion, etc. It gives you a sense of accomplishment to focus on instead of the stress when we look at the bigger picture. Hugs from me to you. (Ask Paige if she will join this challenge with you- maybe she will give mom 15 minutes of her time for all you do for her)

I chose the kitchen because it is the first room I see when I come home. When I walked into the kitchen the clutter reminded me of the work that still needed to be done. It is also the room I spend the most time in after work, and food is prepared here so it should be sanitized and the more organized it is the less time it will take me to cook and bake.

Pinetree, you accomplished alot yesterday. I helped put up fences growing up on the farm. It is alot of hard work, you were outside enjoying the beauty of nature (I'm looking foward to that when this snow melts!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Peanut... thanks for the link.. I got to peruse the website a bit. I just love organization.

OM: one day at a time

Pinetree! hellooooo! putting up a fence is a humungus project!

KimB.. always good to start with the kitchen for all the reasons you stated. You are doing your cupboards right? Declutter in there and donate what you don't use. That's what I did and boy! I never missed those items. Actually, what I did was store them in the basement first. Just in case. I recently went through the stuff and donated all the household items I didn't need. I never missed them while being stored.

My pantry has an inventory as well. If you click on the link I gave you aboive you can print out some printables. Here's the pantry inventory one http://www.home-storage-solutions-10...antry-list.pdf. If you've run out of space (like I did), perhaps some shelving in the basement can be put together (boards and cinderblocks works very well and cheap too ). It's definitely easier to keep the inventory now that DD2 is gone - but prior to her leaving, I would scan the shelves and tick off what was taken. It prompts me to purchase if I'm low. Now, I can tick off as I take off.

My pantry is marked according to what is on the shelves. 'baking' ;snacks' 'pasta' 'baby' 'cooking' (such as oils), breakfast, ... well you get the idea. This way, there's a place for everything and everything in place. Easy to find what you're looking for. Fall and spring, I go through and pull out old, expired, stale stuff that might be in there.

I love a clean and organized kitchen. It makes preparing meals much more efficient.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

15 minutes times 2 gave me enough time to organize my pantry, and add inventory to my binder. (I have a very small stockpile at this point, but am slowly building it now that I know alot of best prices to look for).
    Now working on my desk top that is built in, in kitchen area.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Everybody is off to a great start. I didn't get any extra time to get on yesterday. I started in the loft. Took several bags of items to goodwill and have started a list of containers needed to organize scrapbooking stuff. Since we only have one DD left at home the loft doesn't get used. It has become the catch all area. It seems like wasted space. Maybe something will come to me while I go through the stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well... poopy do.. DD2 refused to go through her stuff she left in her bedroom. I really hate to be the one to go through it because I can be a little harsh.. 'toss' 'toss' 'toss' 'toss' 'donate' 'toss' 'toss' 'keep' 'toss'. 'toss' 'toss'. Ya know what I mean?

She also has all her old apartment stuff in the basement to go through.
    I'm a little irked.

So - there's stuff for me to organize without her.
    Starting with, going through the basement and pulling everything that is hers - putting it aside. Then organize what is left of mine.

It's a big task, so I will break it down into 15 minute increments of pulling stuff out and bringing it to the front of the basement. Then re-organizing my own bins in order.
    After I've done all that, I will go through each of my bins and donate what I do not want.
    Would require approximeately 4 hours of steady work. So this task will take me a while.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would give DD a deadline when the stuff has to be out of your house, and after that, anything you want to get rid of is fair game. You are not running a storage locker.

Yesterday we didn't get much done at Mom's. It was a tough day for her, we were grumpy, and it just didn't go well. She wanted to look through every cookbook in detail. Not happening!

Today I told her before we got there we could not afford another day like that if we were going to stay on schedule. We weren't going to go over there at all because of the winter storm which was forecast to hit like a freight train at one PM, but this morning the weather service had backed off a little and now it's supposed to hit this evening. So we went and I'm glad we did. She let Husby recycle hundreds of magazines she had in her basement and only kept a few. She and I powered through sorting hundreds and hundreds of cookbooks and other books. I thought we'd never get to the end of those. She got rid of at least 80% of her books and only shed a few tears. She did great and I'm so proud of her. I'm glad we went in spite of the forecast. Her bookshelves and all the books that are ready are moved into the apartment now. She has one more book case to go into her new living room and it's nearly empty now, and a few more books to sort, but the bulk of that is done now. ~whew~

Next up, the kitchen or her bedroom and way too many dishes and clothes. The fun just never stops.

I did some calculating and if we can stay on schedule, she may be able to move the second week of May. Then we can start setting up her house for the rummage sales. That will help.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh man, Thats about all I can say,,,

I have a huge mess to say the least.. I started just trying to get to the cleaning, by empting the dishwasher and putting dishes back in it from the sink, then I had to clean off the counters.. then hang out a load of laundry, the back to the silverware drawer,,, hang out a load of laundry... cleaned, new shelf paper, washed what was needed, sorted and put back in..hang out laundry.... I ony got 3 drawers done!! This is going to take me forever!!!

I got the kitchen sink all clean and shiney, shelf above the sink all cleaned off, plant watered and junk thrown away.. and they part that really bugs me is I ForGot To Start the Timer.....I'm done, I would rather put up fence!! At least I'm out in the sunshine and fresh air!!! lol

Back at it tomorrow!! You guys are doing great!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We don't even want to think about our own house. We had been busy purging and de-cluttering here at home and then Mom told us she wanted to move, and our own stuff just stopped. Now we've moved in a bunch of her furniture she can't keep, and due to the weather we have not been able to get rid of our old stuff yet, so it's like a furniture warehouse here right now. But it'll get better in time.

It's getting darker here by the minute and the wind is coming up, so I'd say we're about to get pounded. I'm glad we went but glad we're home and didn't have any snow to deal with when we moved Mom's stuff in to her new place.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow SD!! seriously.. that has got to be a difficult, time consuming, sometimes frustrating and sometimes rewarding task to complete! wow! and your mom has got umpteen years of life accumulated in that house. It's hard to part with things, memories, etc. She places value on all the things. It's got to be tough for her. In the long run - she will feel better, but still. It's a lot.

Pinetree - your funny! great job getting those drawers and the sink done. But I had to chuckle that you'd rather put up a fence! lol. and no timer! hilarious!

I was thinking to give DD2 a deadline to go through the stuff. I just hadn't decided on how long. one month? (she doesn't come around that often now). I will be picking up and/or dropping off next time (in 2 weeks) and I will pack up her stuff as it is and bring it to her. That'll work for me. lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

today hubs worked in the yard and cleaned off the patio....

I cam upstairs and reorganized the bathroom, gave our bedroom a deep clean. and swept and mopped the whole upstairs and put clean everything on the bed and bathed the Pooh doggie (the 18 year old blind dog)

so tomorrow I start on the down and try to keep the upstairs clean....Tomorrow the downstairs Pink pepto bismal bathroom get scrubbed from floor to ceiling...

Paige is OK. for National Guard drill tell next Sunday...then she starts work at Toyota on the 26 th..so no help from her I will be packing her up a little at a time..

Oh the church down the street is having a yard sale the first 4 days of May..I taking a bunch of my clothes that are to small and to big..so de cluttering too...

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast