Spring Cleaning and Organizing challenge - Page 3
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD- you certainly have your hands full with 2 houses to go through. I wish I could help. I am sure it is hard for your mom but it sounds she is doing very well downsizing, especially if she has been a collector of stuff in the past.

Pinetree you certainly stayed busy today- good job on the drawers and sink. Remember to focus on what you did accomplish and not on what you have left to do. Remember the timer is to stay on task with one project, if it is one drawer so be it. You accomplished so much today, I bet you will sleep well tonight.

FN Sorry your DD didn't go through her stuff. I warned you that everyone has their own definition of Tomorrow. I think dropping it off at her house is your best bet, or it will stay in your basement like my DD and DS stuff. I will leave their stuff for last, but warn them
    ahead of time that if they don't go through the stuff and organize it I will assume they are giving it to me to do with it as I please.

As for me I organized the medicine cabinet, made an inventory list. Threw out expired medications.
    Also bathroom drawers organized. Threw alot of stuff in trash, some to GW bag, like items in ziplock bags.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Way to go OM, you got a lot accomplished! And good to hear your dh helped with the outside work and patio.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was able to get the 2 small area's I wanted to last week. Now to move into the kitchen and pantry this week. Luckily our church is doing a great giveaway so we are collecting many things right now. So it's clean out house time right now. Lol! Good luck this week everyone!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in! I planned to start SC on 1 Apr but got sidelined by the cold from Hades. I can't figure out why I can't drop my paragraphs like usual, anyone know why or how to "fix it?? Anyway, I am starting work on this now. First project is sort thru the 3 boxes of paper work in the office, cull and organize. I have gone thru all three boxes, semi-organized 2 (need to file now that it is sorted or do deeper cull). My other project is the guest bathroom. I plan to remove everything, deep clean, paint an accent wall, and possibly add an additional color (perhaps lilac/lavender, it is a beautiful pink right now). I am so thrilled to see this so we can work together and motivate each other!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

EmilyD, sorry, I don't know why you can't create new paragraphs. Maybe someone else can help. You might try pressing shift + return. Sometimes that helps on other sites I blog on.

I spent last evening decluttering a corner of the bedroom that included some exercise equipment and a gift box I have kept for years and not used. I decided I would only keep gifts I KNEW were to go to someone this year. The rest I pulled out for other people or charity. Really cut down on what was in the box and corner. Found an organizational binder I had created for my mom years ago! Like about 10 years ago. I am going to use it for myself this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Checked MySimplerLife.com's declutter calendar and this week is organizing passwords and manuals. Well I've already done that. So I've taken on another job.

I have over 200 CDs in this house. I am going to load the music onto my computer and get rid of the CDs. I did 30 Christian CDs this morning and will donate them to the church.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went through a bunch of my mom's old paperwork, and I do mean old. I found some old newspapers from the fifties and it was a hoot looking at grocery ads. The good steaks for .79/pound would be a huge dream come true these days! I have two large boxes ready to go to recycle now and half of a big feed sack full of shredded docs. I think I killed Mom's shredder but I'm hoping when it cools down it will come back to life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I cleaned out a trunk upstairs. I couldn't remember what was in it. Not much that I wanted.....junk I thought I wanted to save? No. I pitched everything except one shoe box of photos, and a few books that belong to dh. /cleaned out the book shelf in my sewing room. Most of them are going to the thrift. I will have a car full to drop off by tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Welcome EmilyD to the challenge.
    Sounds like everyone is doing great.
    I have to go set my timer and organize something to get my mind off this Boston tragedy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I kept restarting the timer,, I got 8 drawers all cleaned, dejunked, repapered, organized, I even have one drawer complelely empty! yea!! Tomorrow I want to wash the wall and that corner of the kitchen is done.. Feels good to have them cleaned out, I'm trying not to look ahead too much. ( too overwhelming)

I have let alot of things slide here, seems like we are always at the kids house remodeliing something there..Feeling for you spirit deer, thats alot to get through in such a short time.

Its snowing again so maybe I can get alot done this week.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That's awful what happened in Boston.

I finished uploading my Christian and Christmas CDs - about 50. Now I'm onto my Maritime music - another 30. I might have under-estimated the number of CDs in the house. This is just one shelf full and I have at least 2 more shelves to go and a CD stand full of CDs. Not going to do the opera ones though. I want to keep the books that come with the CDs. So i'm not getting rid of those. Still, that's only two or three shelves of the CD stand.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

nothing done today..but tomorrow will get back at it..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Decided to try and sell the Christian CDs online before donating them to the church library. Just posted them. Hope someone takes them. Close to 40 CDs, about half new artists, for $50. Hope that isn't too much to ask. Some good Gregorian chant music there too. Oh well, we'll see.

Now...to finish the Maritime music...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My intentions were to go to the basement and pull my daughters things to the front of the basement. for 15 minutes. I didn't get to it. I was glued to the TV. then school.
    Tomorrow is a new day.

I will spend 15 minutes on the task.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I scrubbed my kitchen walls in my 1st 15 minutes. 2nd 15 minutes washed and organized another kitchen cupboard.
    Spent time tidying the kitchen after making potato and ham soup for supper. Easier to clean immediately.
    It was so nice this a.m. opening the bathroom drawers. All clean and organized with only the essentials. I decided to not order anymore samples. I got 3 free samples in the mail today. I now have to store these things and the packaging was a waste of paper.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast