Spring Cleaning and Organizing challenge - Page 4
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm. In sat dh & I painted our bedroom & half bath. Then. He cleaned all the carpeting and we rearranged our furniture. Need to iron the curtains as I washed them. I put back all the stuff on my dresser. Need to put stuff back in the closet tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went through one of the boxes in the loft and threw out what couldn't be donated. Most of the items that have ended up in the loft were things two older DD's didn't want when they moved out. It seems to be taking way longer then it should. Oh well, at least its finally getting done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I cleaned off my dresser today. I'll slowly get that master bedroom whipped into shape!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

way to go ladies...

Kim I hate cleaning the kitchen....ugh necessary evil....

Trishgirl Painting and cleaning the carpet is major...yippeeeeeeeeee and my bedroom curtains are still laying downstairs not hung yet...

3tomboys going through boxes is major....

Peanut I understand the dresser....my dresser and computer desk always look so bad....putting things away on my desk right now while I read...hugs

today deep cleaned the downstairs bathroom...

and finally figured out what I am going to do with the ugly huge bedroom when Paige moves out....It is going to be the storage room..it is huge....Hubs tools, Christmas decorations, out of season clothes the mountains of quilts....Halloween decorations..everything...

The down stairs LR room will be My brothers room if he ever moves in....The upstairs bedroom will be Paige's (it was her's in the first place)...The storage room will be our walk in closet....

at least this is the plan...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ripping more CDs today. Finished Easy Listening, and Avalon. Onto about 20 Solitudes CDs. I inherited most of this from my mom. It's more a sentimental thing that I have it all. Time to get rid of it. Don't know if I even want to rip the Solitudes ones. Hmm...after them comes classical music. There's a LOT of that!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OM and Peanut- I see you are both very busy at cleaning and organizing today. I am home from work , supper complete, kitchen tidy and now I will set my timer for 15 minutes... Ready, set , GO!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got 4 more drawers done, washed the 2 walls in that corner, wiped down the cabinets, dishwasher and side of stove,

Then moved to other side, got 5 shelfs wiped down, gone through and put back in.

Window curtain and hot pads all washed and put back. Window was also cleaned.

DH set timer for 15 and cleaned up all his washers, screws flashlights etc.

Its starting to look like a clean oraganized kitchen,, But I still have a long was to go..

Will start the timer for 15 again tomorrow.

Keep up the good work ladies!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still working on Mom's paperwork. Husby filled up the back of the truck with totes and boxes of papers to recycle, and two huge bags of shredded paper. I'm working on a third bag and probably will fill another one before I'm done, but the first batch is almost done now. It would go quicker if the shredder wouldn't overheat and then shut down, but I guess that's better than overheating and burning out.

Once I'm done with that, then I'm going to clear out the space where the bookcase secretary Mom gave us is going to go so that can be moved out of the middle of the living room archway and put in place out of the way. Then I can start moving our craft stuff into it. After that, I can repair the door frame on the secretary that came apart during its move.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks KimB. I decided not to rip the Solitudes CDs. Hubby and I don't want them, so I'll post them for sale too. Still no bites on the Christian CDs. Phoned the local store I thought would take them. Found out they are a not-for-profit organization that works on a donation basis only.

I think the local bookstore might take the Solitudes CDs though. I'll phone them tomorrow and ask them what they would give for them.

Cleared off the top of an old floor radio sharing our bedroom. It belonged to hubby's parents. What with getting rid of all these CDs I am able to get rid of a smaller CD stand.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My 15 minutes turned into 2 hours of cleaning and organizing the wall of bookshelves that hold books, cds, dvds, vhs, pictures and knick knacks. The first 15 minutes my ds and host son worked as fast they could to help me get as much done as possible. They left after the first 15 minutes. The shelves are empty now and the floor has organized piles. Tomorrow will work on putting wanted stuff back on shelving and the rest to GW or resale shop.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow!! Unbelievable progress!! I'm lame. I did not do my 15 min!! Grrr

I think bc mine is such a yucky task. I have to to the basement.
    instead, I wanted to read Dave Ramsey book.

I will attempt 15 minutes again today. I think instead of the basement, I will organize two end table drawers and a drawer in the buffet. I will save the basement for the weekend

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Don't think of the task as "the basement." Think of it as "one tote." Then go sort one tote. It'll seem far less daunting.

The only way I could get through our back bedroom was to have Husby bring out two boxes at a time so I could sort them in the living room. Every time I tried working in the bedroom, I'd just get overwhelmed, shut the door, and pretend the mess didn't exist. But I could go through my two boxes in the living room in about twenty minutes, no problem.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the post SD. I agree with you. My master bedroom was a mess. I just took one corner or one surface a day and worked on it. Next up is my vanity. Then hubby's beside 'table' (a stack of plywood cubes he made and refuses to get rid of!). Then serious under the bed stuff. Need to get everything off the floor for that and hubby to vacuum, as I cannot do that anymore. Requires coordinating with him on a weekend.

Phoned the used bookstore today and they'll only pay 10-50 cents per CD! The bookstore told me though, they would sell them "for a few dollars". Quite the markup! I decided to list them online for $1 each.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

15 minutes at a time..well it about 45 minutes to do the deep freeze ..really dreading the laundry room lots of clean clothes to bring upstairs..it is hard on my knees..1 at a time though

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I can finally see the bottom of the box of papers that need shredding. I should be able to finish that off in a few minutes as soon as the shredder cools off again. Finally! I wonder how much more we'll have to do. I found only a few papers from after my mom moved up here fifteen years ago, so there's fifteen years worth of paperwork lurking somewhere in her house. She claims all her paperwork is in one place in a desk drawer. We know better, because Husby has been finding it in unexpected places literally in every room in her house.

I found years of tax returns and hundreds of cancelled checks from my step-dad and his ex-wife in Mom's paperwork. I couldn't believe it. I decided I didn't have to care about shredding that stuff, so that saved me a pile of time. Step-dad died in 1984. Mom informed me the ex is dead, too, so who's going to care if someone gets their SS#? I don't understand why step-dad saved all that crap. Some of it went back to 1962. He had saved all kinds of useless stuff like farm leases and contracts from DeKalb for growing seed corn from back in the sixties. From a four-drawer file cabinet crammed as full as possible, we now have a small box of personal letters to keep, plus an inch high stack of checkbook ledgers that will probably be gone when we figure out what years they're for and if they're recent, a half inch stack of recent paperwork, and that's it. BIG improvement!

It really made me realize just how much paperwork a person accumulates that has sensitive info on it though. Account numbers, names of contacts at investment firms, SS#, medical records, etc, etc.

I didn't get to the space for the secretary yet, but I did clear off the embroidery machine I've had in the living room and move that back into the sewing room, so that's something. It seems so much bigger in here now, with all the recycle stuff of Mom's out of here and the sewing machine and desk it was on gone too.

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast