Spring Cleaning and Organizing challenge - Page 6
Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KimB View Post
    I'd like to make each of my kids a photo album.
    I scanned every single photo from my children's childhood and created a bound photo book like you see here http://www.shutterfly.com/?rtype=L&r...LSHomepageLogo. It took a while, but it was so worth it. I put all the pics on CD and included that in the book as well. I gave it to then for christmas one year.

Well.. - I did reply yesterday, but I don't know where it went.
    I finally I got the two end table drawers and cleaned it out. I took pictures of it. but I'm too embarassed to display the before pics. lol
    I also cleared out the one buffet drawer that has developed into a junk drawer.
    So.. there - that's my 15 minutes of the day.

Today's 15 minutes.. Hmmmm..... I will clear out my bedroom end table drawer. I peeked into the drawer last night - and it was quite messy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What spring? The storm still rages.

I dusted the oak secretary from my mom and moved it into the back bedroom, where it fits as if it was made for that spot. I just love when that happens! It looks really nice there, and it's great having it out of the living room archway. I repaired the small shelf that had come loose, replaced a drawer pull that had come off during the move, and still have to repair the door frame that came apart during the move. I noticed the drawer pulls don't match and they're not very nice either, so I will be searching eBay for antique Victorian drawer pulls to replace the old ones. A small price to pay for such a pretty piece. I'm going to put a lace curtain in the glass door of the bookcase section, and use the whole thing for craft stuff. Mom's giving me an antique glass kerosene lamp, and I'm going to put that on the top.

Aside from that, not much done except shoveling a small part of the side deck so I could the side door open, and shoveling a small part of the front deck so I could feed the birds and cleaning snow off the feeders so the birds can find the food. Oh, yeah, and trying to get some snow off the camper roof.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Nurse View Post
    I scanned every single photo from my children's childhood and created a bound photo book like you see here Photo Books, Holiday Cards, Photo Cards, Birth Announcements, Photo Printing | Shutterfly. It took a while, but it was so worth it. I put all the pics on CD and included that in the book as well. I gave it to then for christmas one year
    FN, I would love to have this done for Christmas gifts. I recieved one these books from my nieces and nephews when I took them on vacation with use one year and another from my foreign exchange student from Norway after he returned to home that was full of memories of his year with us. They are a couple of my favorite gifts ever.

Peanut you are accomplishing so much. And tell your dh that he is doing great too!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I got alot accomplished today , worked 3 hours in the lower level of the house. Now I have oraganized cabinents of stuff that needs to be organized. Pictures, cds and taped music, baseball card collection, vcr and 8 mm tapes of home videos. Van full of donations will be delivered this afternoon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    What spring? The storm still rages.

I dusted the oak secretary from my mom and moved it into the back bedroom, where it fits as if it was made for that spot. I just love when that happens!
    Big hugs to you and others who are getting hit hard by the snow storms, my area of central wisconsin has missed every predicted big snow storm. The lawns are still covered with white but I think a couple warm days and it will be gone.
    I love it too when I rearrange a piece of furniture and fits "just right"

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The storm was supposed to be over around 10 AM but it's after noon and no let-up in sight. Still, I'd rather have this than wildfires, hot humid weather, terrorists, or lots of other possible calamities. It's not like we have a choice either.

I found the perfect antique drawer pulls on eBay for only $18 for the pair! So I bought those and will get them installed as soon as they arrive. The secretary will look much nicer with matching pulls that are right for the piece. I'm glad for eBay. It would be harder to find that kind of thing without it and buying from restoration places is way more expensive. I'm glad I only need one pair though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I guess I am out...ugh I am in some pain....but can't do much of anything..... guess I will learn patience

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OM.. you're only out temporarily. Don't give up.. But do keep your feet up to reduce the swelling.

My healing thoughts are being sent to you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Shredded about 17 years worth of bank statements and checks from the filing cabinet today...does that count? Plus a bunch of other papers that were ancient. All I have for now.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have a ton of DVDs ... which was fine when were living at the house....but now in the mobile there's not a lot of room. We have an empty notebook acase that holds 360 but I hate taking them out of their nice pretty cases and throwing the cases away. As it stands they're all in a big box sitting in the floor in the "sitting"/"spare bedroom".
    Someone talk me into pitching the cases please. Need to get them off the floor.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Niko... Toss the cases and keep the DVDs along with the front page of the cover.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko, if you don't want to throw the cases away, check at your local library to see if they want them. The library I work at, when we get new DVD's, we put an empty case on the shelf, and keep the cases with the DVDs behind the counter. We have to order the cases, and they can cost more than $1.00 a piece. Trust me, if the library could use them, they would be thrilled to be able to save that money!
    ~Tracy~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's interesting. Our library puts the empty cases out for patrons to look through, and keeps the disks behind the counter in a ring binder with pockets.

Good idea to see about donating them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I went through the CDs and Amazon today to price them. Still have to finish ripping some. But my day was chopped up with company and tutoring, so I did not get as much accomplished as I had hoped.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dropped off a van full of stuff at goodwill. When we got back home we filled it again with broken electronics, old oil and weed killer etc , aerosol cans, pieces of metal, old phones and batteries that will be taken tomorrow for the free drop off day for these type of things. Garage less cluttered now.

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast