August To-Do Challenge - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did go to the gym, did survive, didn't kill co-worker, and did go to the grocery.

But didn't really straighten the house at all, in fact, messed it up more in the kitchen doing some bake-aheads for the bake sale Monday morning.

Saturday:
    - Load up the cooler and the car
    - Dash for the ocean (last weekend of summer break and we haven't been yet!!!?!!) stopping on the way at that farm stand with the Ox (sneak him some popcorn)
    - Be together and for just a little while forget about work, school, sickness or any of that... Cut loose a little without being wasteful. Play our annual game of mini-golf, get henna tattoos and fresh-squeezed lemonade, ogle the beautiful displays in the candy stores (and the hot 20-somethings that walk by, I won't lie...) and see who can find the biggest sand-crab. Bring home a car interior full of sand that will never vacuum out, a few new shells for our jar, and two funny little mermaids who turn back into schoolgirls come Monday...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got all Friday's stuff done!

For Saturday:

1. Enjoy spending time with family
    2. Check mail at best friend's house while they're on trip
    3. Clean downstairs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wash towels - done
    Take dog to dog park - done
    Clean up kitchen -done
    Make screen for dh's office window

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Reach the beach-- check!

It wasn't our most successful/fun trip ever, as Hubs seemed to have his knickers in a twist all day... but a bad day at the beach is STILL better than a good day at work! DD9 found the biggest sand crab, but it was high tide for most of the time we were by the surf (as opposed to walking the boardwalk) so that meant no shells to be had... oh well, we'll just have to go back sometime But funnel cake was eaten, the cheesy Haunted House was ridden, the candy store was raided, and sunburns-despite the sunblock were had by all... We skipped the mini-golf as Hubs said his legs were hurting, and we wound up getting home rather early... hopefully another year we'll be able to see clear to renting a room for a couple of nights and be able to rest and head back out. Probably more appropriate with DD9 being so unpredictable and Hubs being possessed by a cranky old man...

Tomorrow:
    Nag the girls to get their rooms all cleaned up and organized for school
    Bake for the bake sale and get everything all packaged and ready to go
    Get the house sane and organized prior to school starting again

Ah well, at least we have a fridge full of leftovers, so meals will be easy...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had this whole thing done and lost it, ugh

fri - all done

sat
    cleaned front fridge
    cleaned back fridge
    washed down bathroom walls
    hands and knees srubbed floor and molding
    cleaned sink and etc
    sorted thru a mess of 2012 paperwork
    then sorted out a mess of 2013 paperwork, dont ask, hint- havent got income tax done yet, filed for extension, I will never do that again!!
    started finding paperwork for refinance, this is going to take awhile, will be lucky to get this done, need income tax...

Went to Ds house fror dinner, man was it good, he got a wolfgang electirc pressure cooker and made a dinner from it, it was really good, and I didnt have to cook!

Sun
    woke up with migraine, so todays going to be slow
    finish up paper work
    find dinner
    run and empty dishwasher

sounds like a great time at the beach,, alittle green with envy here, I have a webcamlink to laguna beach, I check it and hunnington beach out everyday, look at the warm sand and love watching the surfers... and dream...
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

sunday all done but dishwasher

Monday
    so far I have
    ran dishwasher
    ole cat to the vet
    made numerous phone calls
    washed up pots and pans, dried all put away
    froze more tomatoes
    paper work, I think is all done
    washing 2 loads of laundry, hanging up and putting away

thats enough for a monday, geeze I wish I could just skip these days....
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, I'm glad your cat is okay!

Today I washed and hung out 2 loads of clothes and used the dryer for one load. Had to contact a credit card company to fix online account. Caught up on some paperwork. And I've enjoyed the gorgeous weather.

For Tuesday:
    1. Go through one pile of items in garage to donate
    2. Mop the floors downstairs
    3. Sweep and pick up the screened porch

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I stayed up too late last night, and the kids woke up too early this morning (first day jitters)... worked out a bit harder than usual, and just totally pooped!

So for tonight:
    Sit
    Veg
    Pass out.

Yep, that's about my limit for tonight.

Tuesday:
    pick up some more
    put away the laundry (Hubs has started piling it right back where the old pile was...)
    Dishes

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Clean kitchen
    Call for hair appt.
    Make hotel reservation

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

got all mondays done except laundry, clouds moved in and it kept spitting rain so..

tues
    2 loads laundry
    check on ole cat
    wash cats beds
    see if I can get storm windows off from inside and clean, maybe will wait till fall
    work

Thanks Ilovechocolate, I know your cat was having problems also, hows it doing?
    The vet gave ours an antibotic shot that lasts for 2 weeks, that way we dont have to give him medicine everyday, what a blessing she is!

I printed a checklist , for daily, weekly and monthly chores to do and it sure isn't helping me. I need something where i can just go down a list and mark it off, guess I should just make my own. I keep forgetting to do things, or letting things go too long, like cleaning out the fridge. It's still in the upper 90's, its too hot to do much of anything.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, I *HATE* those checklists.... the ones I've seen are SO thorough that I'd never have time/energy to do it all, and they make me feel like even worse of a slob than I readily admit being. I agree, make your own! You know what matters to you.

So I did get a reasonable amount of laundry put away today, did pick up a bit, and nagged Hubs into doing most of the dishes. Also went to the gym, got all my MCR points entered, and took the kids to the beach for a little while between dinner and bath. We found some new shells, which makes up for not finding any at the ocean (not really, ocean shells are more interesting than the clams and little oysters from the bay... but really, I just save them as a reminder of all our times together at the beach, so the type of shell really isn't important...)

Tomorrow (Wednesday)
    -more laundry sorting
    -more picking up
    -check MCR
    -clean out the van
    -mail package that has been in my car all week

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3 done for tues

wed
    can more tomatoes
    water gardens
    bag up some veggies for a friend
    keep checking on ole cat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3.

thurs
    can tomatoes
    clean up kitchen
    vacuum

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1/3

fri
    more tomatoes
    work
    clean up

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I was off from work, and Hubs didn't have to go to work until 4pm, but the kids were in school. We are almost NEVER home alone together. Well, I got the dishes done and ran a bunch of laundry and straightened up the downstairs a bit as well... but heck if I was gonna spend ALL of my precious day-off-without-children (VERY rare) at the house... but what to do?

Considered going to the vital records office to get a copy of DD6's birth certificate-- but they were closed for furlough. So then I thought "ok, we'll go to Six Flags without the kids and FINALLY get to ride a REAL ride (that would have been frugal because we have season passes and free parking)... but now that school is back in, they are only open on the weekends... So obviously the universe didn't want me to be either practical OR frugal!

In the end, I put on real-girl clothes (neither uniform, sweats, nor PJs) and went window-shopping at all kinds of stores I never normally get to go in... tricked Hubs into getting a pedicure with me-- I was due and his feet were all kinds of icky. Then we went to lunch at a place we'd NEVER take the kids to... and, honestly, not exactly my vibe either. The food was fine, if a bit ritzy, but just not my kind of place. The rolls were interesting-- poppy seed rolls with cinnamon honey butter... and I had something that was a daily-special, ie-NOT on the menu, which doesn't happen at the places we normally go-- "Hong Kong Sea Bass" which was fresh fish over sautéed spinach with ginger and sesame... Oh, and I had a margarita--which I NEVER do-- which explains WHY I actually went into Crate and Barrel for the first time in my life AND bought things-- but at least that part wasn't expensive... they had this super-cool little funnel that is collapsible so it takes no space-- good for filling up drink bottles for lunch boxes-- for $3, and I also bought 4 egg-cups for $1.95 each, because the girls and I like soft-boiled eggs, and the holders are HARD to find. Also stopped in a Claire's and bought some 10/$10 clearance things for rewards when they're good...

So while it was a spendy day, it was interesting to see how the other half lives... with DD9 being how she is, any place that doesn't provide either play dough and/or a kids menu with crayons is a place we simply CAN'T go, likewise any place where things can be broken... but it's nice to go once in a while see for myself that we're not missing anything.

Oh, but the BEST part? I got to go the WOMEN's restroom at the mall-- NOT the family restroom. I got to pee without hearing cartoons in the background!!! (It's the little things in life!)

Tomorrow-Saturday:
    All yardwork, all day, for as long as we can tolerate it... probably pull out the half-finished path on the side of the house and haul that to the dump, since I can't get enough matching bricks (they were free) to finish it. Maybe measure and buy new bricks for a new path... maybe buy the insulation for the attic (it's on sale for the holiday weekend.) Maybe not... Maybe take the family mini-golfing since we didn't get to it last weekend at the ocean.

And as for all that clean laundry that needs sorting? SO not happening tomorrow! ;D

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast