October to do challenge - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, Pinetree. I hope when they are older it will be a nice memory for them.

I'm 1.5/3 today... the dishes got half-done My niece says she wants to come hang out tomorrow and "help" (read-as, there's something she wants and she wants to butter me up...) So I'm going to let *HER* match outfits for the kids tomorrow. Hah. Laundry that does itself!!! (Oh wait, everyone else in the house already HAS that!)

Saturday:
    - Fetch my niece, then run her home at the end of the day
    - Straighten the playroom
    - pick up my book from the library and rot my brain with low-grade fiction ;D

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

all done for fri

sat
    cut down plants
    start to trim trees
    work on garlic plot
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wasn't home very long Thursday or Friday so never posted but here what I got done today.Cooked up 4 lb ground beef with onions,pepper and froze for chilie,made up some hambuger patties froze.Cleaned kitchen and mop,cleaned bathroom and moped,moped entery way.Ran vaccum over lr. and br.carry trash to dumpter.called a friend.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sunday list
    Go to church
    balance check book
    not sure about no 3

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3

Sun
    read the sunday paper with my coffee, by myelf, all alone, everyones going fishing
    sit in the sun with my coffee, smelling the flowers and watch the bugs fly by
    give thanks I can do the two above
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Saturday
    cooked and processed 10 lbs of ground round for the frrezer
    ran the dishwasher
    washed a load of clothes

Sunday
    go to church
    work in the guest bedroom
    cook supper

and It is more than it sounds like

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

didn't make to church...
    hubby cleaned the guest room and storage room for me completely
    Paige is cooking supper

I did 4 loads of laundry does that count

I never get any help so I am going rest....Yipeeeee

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sunday 3/3 done the third one must been take a nap for that what I did.
    Have post Monday later.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nothing's getting done here. The rotten weather has us all stuck indoors and cranky... DD6 is watching an unhealthy amount of TV. DD9 (10 tomorrow!!!) is playing a (parent-approved) video game, and hubs is reading on his kindle...

Yesterday 2/3, no laundry done by anyone.

When I picked up my niece, I discovered a total absence of meal-ingredients in their house (usually even at the worst, there's stuff that can be cobbled together... not this time!) So while her agenda was clearly to get me to highlight her hair for homecoming this Saturday, we spent the day making up OaW meals for her to take home. I'm sure she was disappointed, but she is a very pretty girl, and highlights would not be good for her hair in the first place, and secondly, feeding herself and her little sister (and the rest of the family, but they are "adults" and I'd leave them to fend for themselves if it wasn't for the two minors) are more important. She's 16 and the little one is 10... the 10 year old having dinner is more important than the 16 y.o. looking just-so for homecoming (she already has the dress and shoes, we picked those up when we were thrift-shopping for back-to-school... so she's not going in rags...)

At any rate, that's what I did yesterday... two round-trips to Sis' house, a handful of groceries, and a ton of cooking from the pantry. I did pick up the library book and start reading it. I'll finish it, but it's not knocking my socks off by any stretch of the imagination.

Tomorrow I am off for the Federal holiday, but hubs is working a 24 and the kids have a 2-hour early release. So that's about 4.5 hours of freedom for me tomorrow with the house to myself. No idea what to do with it. Billions of chores need doing, but this is such a rare thing... Originally I had planned to schedule a primpy appointment like a facial or a massage, but opted against the expense... so I don't know what I'll do...

And tomorrow is DD9's tenth birthday, so no massive chore-a-pa-looza once they get home, either... what to do, what to do? ;D

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone. I posted here a few months ago... may have been longer than that. I'm going to start posting again. I need a little help getting things done.

I know it's already Sunday night, but I thought better late than never to get a few things done.

1. Put away laundry.
    2. Clean dishes.
    3. Plan meals for next 3 nights.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hiya sallyj08! You're a better one than me! I can't ever get things done on a Sunday night!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Zhoen View Post
    Hiya sallyj08! You're a better one than me! I can't ever get things done on a Sunday night!
    I was real low energy the entire day and got nothing done. I had an unusual burst of energy last night and decided to roll with it. It paid off. I got all 3 chores done!

Today's list:
    1. Laundry (wash and put away)
    2. Clean hallways, stairs
    3. Finish putting up indoor Halloween decorations

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM yes, laundry counts!

Welcome Sallyjo8

A nap sounds good Piney!

Missing Ilovechocolate, hope you are ok.
    and anyone else I missed!

Zhoen, great job on helping those kids out with food, I know you are having a tough time right now with not getting paid, hope things change around for you real soon, tho it doesn't look real promising today!?

Sunday was an easy day for me, I did nothing, it counted cause I wrote it down, lol

Monday, I hope today goes smoothly,
    empty dishwasher
    checkbook, see if theres money
    pay bills , if there is

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3

Tues
    clean microwave
    check green tomatoes for red ones
    mop kitchen floor

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree-- actually, I'm active duty, and we ARE getting paid, so I feel very lucky for that. We could have gotten by for a while on our savings anyway, but this situation has me in high-anxiety squirrel-mode nonetheless. My obsession with my stockpile building is based on my upcoming retirement and also knowing that Sis needs frequent sisterventions... the more I have already, the less I put out when the time comes (this last go-round cost only $25 oop for perishables, and should carry them 'til next Sunday.)

So, thank you for the kind thoughts, but I'm not struggling, so much as stressing. Hubs laughs at me for worrying so much... but then he runs down the worst-case-scenarios and wonders why I freak out...

Anyway... day off today... DD10's birthday. She is growing so much. I get sad every birthday watching my little girl grow and change. Very bittersweet.

Did some dishes, washed some laundry and got a little put away. Went to Dollar Tree and bought canned fruit, picked up some stuff for the party Friday at Michael's... charged up one of the roombas and used it in the kitchen and the hallway (they've just been sitting unused because of all the clutter everywhere...) finished reading one book from the library and started another, also flipped through a magazine that came yesterday... finally got our pansies planted, scarecrows put out, and mandevillia pulled and brought inside. And DD10 had a happy, quiet birthday. Her noisy party will be on Friday.

Tomorrow:
    -Don't kill co-worker (he's worse than ever)
    -Dishes
    -sort some laundry
    -drop books at the library

Seems like an anemic list, but so much to do with work tomorrow, no point in setting myself up to fail...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast