November To-Do Challenge - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2+1/3 last night. Didn't really clean either of the bathrooms (just straightened a little and scrubbed the toilets) and didn't clean the kitchen more than getting the dishes all done (more have grown in the sink almost instantly...) But I did paint the old TV stand we use as a stand for the guinea pig cage. It was a curb-freebie we picked up last year and I've been meaning to paint it forever, and finally did.

So today, Friday the 8th:

- move the stand and the guinea pig into the playroom so they are both out of the way
    - order a couple of Christmas gifts from catalogs
    - stop in at Giant
    - bring home those papers to Hubs
    - paint the living room end-table (since I already have everything out...)

And try not to lose my bloody mind... drama going on across the hall and they don't have the courtesy to close their doors, and I CAN'T close mine, or people will think I'm not here... so I'm blasting the radio (classical station, but still, something I don't normally do) and wishing for the weekend. Thankfully, PitA officemate is not here or I'm certain I'd go into toxic overload. This afternoon, when he's back, should be... interesting...
    In times like these, it helps to recall there have always been times like these.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1/3 ugh

Sat
    can tomatoes
    do dishes
    vacuum
    finish and get out a job thats taken me all week to do.

don't thing the tomatoes will get done, they are in the freezer so they can wait.

Feel like I am moving in slow motion it's taking forever to get anything done, and I have to keep going back and redoing everything.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/4 last night-- I decided not to stop at Giant, hoping that if I came home and scrounged the internet, I could find some more coupons for the sale items I wanted to stop in for. Sure enough, was able to print off 2 (1 from coupons.com, and a second one through swagbucks, so they'll give me 10 cents for using it) unfortunately, that was it, mypoints had already reached the print limit for that one.

Today I had a to-do list:
    cut down scrub trees around the property line
    tear down old playground
    haul that all to the dump

-- which I did, total of two minivan-fuls of stuff.

I also got the living room clean (already TRASHED again... kids!!! Pinetree, I feel ya with the doing the same things over and over bit...) stopped in at Giant for the few good deals, took DD10 to the bookstore, and went to the big nursery near here, which was clearing out stuff to make room for their massive, impressive Christmas displays. So of course I bought too much, but it was all herbs that I'm hoping to over-winter in my garden window, giving me something to play with during the bleak months and, if they survive, saving me money for next year. So I got all those repotted into a single, huge windowbox, then tomorrow I'm going to use all those little pots they came in to attempt rooting cuttings from my tomato and pepper plants before the frosts take them.

Sunday:
    - take the girls to get their hair trimmed (we alternate between professional and home cuts-- the girls LOVE getting their hair washed out, and the ladies at the shop like the cuteness...)
    - take pepper and tomato cuttings
    - help DD6 with her school project

I'll probably do more than that, but I'd rather say I did "extra" than write a huge list and not do a bunch of it.
    In times like these, it helps to recall there have always been times like these.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3 tomaotes didn't get done

Sunday
    read the paper, check sales
    print motre coupons, thanks Zhoen, didn't think about my points!! yea, more deals!!
    mulch more leaves, wind blew 12 truck loads of leaves in the yard!!

Zhoen, let me know how your tomato and pepper plants starts go, I have tried that and it didn't work out for me, I can get the roots going but can't get them started in dirt,( tomatoes ) maybe I should just start in dirt.?
    If we have a small pepper plant we dig it up, put it in a flower pot and grow it during the winter, it goes back out in the spring.
    Your window herbs sounds great! Wish I had a window to grow stuff like that, sounds like alot of fun!
    Madhen, saying a prayer for your precious donkey.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The weekend flew by and I got some stuff done but some stuff has been postponed till this week.

For Monday the 11th:

1) Errands on other side of county (didn't do them over the weekend)--local grocery with good meat deals, Harbor Freight, Fred's, Aldi
    2) Organize receipts that have piled up on table in den
    3) E-mail a reminder to retired teachers about luncheon next week

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3

Monday
    cook a huge pork shoulder
    get grocery list together, found more coupons
    run dishwasher

You guys having big sales? We have some really good ones at king soopers, really stocking up fast, and it isnt costing a fortune, meat isn't on sale here, only turkey for .59, have several in the freezer, am stockpiling canned goods, maxwell house coffee the 31 oz size for $4.00, haven't seen these prices for along time.

I give up on the leaves, got them all up and today the wind is blowing a steady 50mph, and they are all blowing in the yard from miles away.

Still havent canned the tomatoes, I told the kids I would have them done before they got back from vacation, ha, ha, they are in their freezer, out of sight, out of mnd!! lol

Zhoen hope you are taking advantage of all the free and discounted stuff for veterans day!, Thank you and your husband for serving.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Pinetree!

Honestly, no, the free stuff always makes me feel weird, like I'm taking advantage (not to mention being a huge target for any crazy who comes along.) I do use the military discounts that are out there, because those are pretty comparable to the Senior citizen/girl scout/whoever discounts they offer...

Nope, today was dentist in the morning, bed delivery at 1, and then after a nap, going out to buy linens for the new bed. I wanted to see the set in place before I decided what to get, and that worked out well.

I just-plain couldn't find a Bed, Bath and Beyond coupon, even online, and I HATE paying full price ($250) knowing that there is a discount to be had-- so I went to Kohl's out of spite... Well, the "Originally $499" (HAHHAH!!!) set that was supposed to be on "SALE!!!!" for $250 rang up at $199, oddly enough, and then they gave me 30% off for applying for a Kohl's charge I'll never use, still paid with my airline rewards visa, and walked out for $140 with $20 in Kohl's cash for next week.

The foundations are flat-on-the-floor right now, because the sales lady asked if I needed a headboard and I said "no" and apparently what she'd meant was "do you need a frame?" Well, in either case, it's fine. If I fine just-a-headboard I like, a frame is cheap to buy to latch it to. And if I buy a whole "bed" (headboard and footboard) that will have a frame with it. Meanwhile, no chance of anything getting shoved under the bed... because there IS NO under the bed... which I'm kind of digging...

Anyway, this is what it looks like for now with my $140 20-piece (2 sets of sheets, wahoo! Hubs is AWFUL about leaving the sheets off for days when they need washing) set on it... I've never had throw pillows before--not something I'd spend money on, but they came with the set, and at that price, can't really complain!November To-Do Challenge-bedset.jpg

Oh, and here are my bunnies, and their three new rabbits... it took me a while to get my pictures uploaded... most challenging challenge of them all!!!

November To-Do Challenge-bunch-bunnies.jpg

And last, but not least... from what I've been reading about rooting cuttings, supposedly the roots that develop when you start them in water are somehow different than dirt-roots, which might be the problem you ran into. That said, I accidentally rooted a rosemary last month (picked a bunch to use and stuck it in water to keep it fresh... two weeks later, it had roots... put it in dirt after that, and repotted it two days ago and the darned thing had gone root-crazy in that little pot!!!

So I put four tomato cuttings straight into wet dirt, along with some pepper cuttings and the roots from a few of the smaller peppers... watered it all, and wrapped it in plastic, which is what the forums seemed to recommend. Supposedly in 10-14 days, the tomatoes should have roots... we shall see... if not, it's not like it cost me anything to try! November To-Do Challenge-rooting-experiment.jpg

At any rate, tomorrow:
    - Dr appt
    - clean kitchen floor (all the beautiful weather, the door was open a lot, and leaves keep blowing in...)
    - Help DD6 with her school project (didn't get to it over the weekend)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3 for Monday

For Tuesday:

1) Package meat and put it in freezer
    2) Go to library
    3) 3 loads of laundry (one is already done! Yea me!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3

Tues
    cut and freeze chicken breasts, leftover pork
    check a grocery store ads, thety change on tues.
    empty dishwasher

Zhoen, thanks for the pictures,
    #1 great looking bed! How do you like all the pillows?

#2 Look at those sweet, cute little angels!! Oh, the rabbits are cute too, looks like the girls love them!

#3 I will have to try that next year, keeping my fingers crossed that roots for you, I have had them root really well in water so I dont know why they wont in the dirt..One question tho, are you worried about them becoming moldy with the plastic on?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Lord I love my lists!

Wednesday 11/13
    Finish swap recipes and mail
    Call Tina
    Move filing cabinet in bedroom
    Price stuff for yard sale

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3 for Tuesday

For Wednesday:

1) Get the meat into the freezer!!!
    2) Plan menus for weekend
    3) Hang pictures in den

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday was 1+1/3... Dr appt got cancelled, DD6 lost her paper for her assignment so has to bring a new one home today, giving us tonight to get it together (due tomorrow... erg!) But I did get the floor swept up and did get to the bank to deposit a check, so that's my plus-one.

Today I had a different dr appt, dropped off some boxes at the UPS store, and stopped by the library... so that's three.
    But I do still have to help DD6 with her project tonight, and there's the usual littany of housework to be done... but I'm not going to list it. I'm going to say I'm 3/3 for today, with the project being a plus-one!

Pinetree--actually, hadn't even considered the mold thing until you mentioned it... but we don't have any allergies, and I doubt it would be any worse than you get in those little seed-starter "greenhouse" trays... guess we'll find out! With the cold snap that just blew in, I'm glad I pulled those cuttings when I did!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3

I didn't get my meat done either, well did get the pork frozen.

Wed
    vacuum
    wipe down counters and cabinets
    menu plan and grocery list for other stores

Its 70 here today, sure glad that cold snap missed us, I'm sure we will pay for it later!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wednesday 11/13
    Finish swap recipes and mail
    Call Tina

Finished the above and am now going to start on the next two!
    Move filing cabinet in bedroom
    Price stuff for yard sale

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lets see if participating in this thread makes me any more motivated, I really need it.

For today I need to get done:
    1. The dishes
    2. The Laundry
    3. Do some grocery shopping
    4. Iron the clothes that have been lying around since the weekend...
    5. Cook the evening meal and do the dishes again

Now lets see how far I get

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast