15 minute Proscrastinators Challenge - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Am back from the dentist, finishing up lunch and getting ready to get started. My first 15 minutes will be spent finishing up the couch and then.....

15 minutes in the bedroom, kitchen and living room. Repeat until pau!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Washed the supper dishes and put away a load of laundry with 1st 15 minutes. To stay on track with my goal to plan ahead for the holidays, my 2nd 15 minutes, I found unused Christmas cards from last year. I updated my address book with the addresses of my past foreign exchange students and addressed the envelopes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Couch is cleared and clean.
    Bed is getting there.
    Adding the LR side chair to the list and
    My LR craft table

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Time to set the timer.
    After work I watched our High School Football team play in the State championship game live on t.v. The game is over, we won the game! and now it's time to get something done.
    Be back to update.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I did two 15 minutes today:

First: emptied dish drainer from last night, washed some dishes, cut the kernels off some ears of corn I had cooked (I eat the kernels and let my finches pick the cobs clean, their favorite treat), finished packing suppers for work for tonight through Sunday.

Second: put bird dishes in bleach water to soak, cut a size template for Warm Up America squares and pulled some yarn for them, mostly cleared the bar, then washed the bird dishes, leaving them to dry while I'm at work tonight.

I'll try to do a couple more tomorrow, but I won't have as much time. One for sure.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dusted the shelving in the lower level of house, along with the knick knacks. Wiped along the ceiling borders and discovered a few spiders and more than a few webs. Glad to have discovered this before company did.
    Since I haven't worked out with my Wii for a long time I put it away along with the tapes. Hoping to start the Wii active 15 minute proscrastinator challenge after the holidays.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Most of mine will probably be kitchen tasks. I'm sure someone comes in while I'm asleep and gets dishes dirty, stacks up the dish drainer, piles things on the tiny apartment counters, and splatters the stove. I couldn't possibly make that much mess all by myself! I think a lot of the problem is taking containers with food to work every day. I get in at 11:30, and don't do dishes then - I try to keep the area dark for my sleeping birds and the kitchen light shines on their cage - then if I don't get to it the next day, they can start to pile up really quickly. It doesn't take much to overwhelm my little galley kitchen, and that overwhelms me.

So I think I should schedule a daily 15 minute drill for the kitchen. Then if there is time and ambition for another, I can do something else. Kitchens are truly the bane of existence, at least for me. Some days I will just have too much pain to stand and work in the kitchen, but if I can, this needs to be the rule.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Had a super busy out of the house day today - got soooo much done and had a great time!

Saturday:
    Take Dorothy grocery shopping
    Pick up eyeglasses & deliver pencils
    Price stuff in the family room
    Write one set of Christmas cards
    Pool exercises

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We're having a big weather change, so I didn't have the heart for any cleaning at all. It was enough to get myself ready and to work. After I walked in, I was regretting I had not called in. I don't know what's wrong with people - it's Friday afternoon and no one was going home - lol!. I had to park farther out on a day I really didn't need to have to walk farther.

It will be quite a while before I can post again. I have NO time on the weekends since I work long shifts, especially on Sundays, then I'm off with no internet access, and then it's the weekend again. But when I get back, I hope I will have lots of success to report! There are a lot of things I need to accomplish while I'm off.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Am back from all my morning running around and am now ready to head downstairs for more yard sale stuff! Got so much done already and am charged - while DH takes a well deserved nap on the couch!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dcompton View Post
    I agree with that, KimB. Once I get started I can usually carry on for a while. It's the getting started that is hard. Also if I tell myself all I HAVE to do is X minutes, it's easier. If I continue, great, but it's a no guilt out if I don't.
    I feel the same way Compton!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Didn't get anything done yesterday after work but a meeting at bank and out to eat with DH. In bed by 9 p.m.
    Weekend off so I'm up early and ready to get started. I did empty the dishwasher, washing a load of laundry, and set out mouse traps (just in case those critters have found their way in this year)
    This 15 I'm writing my to do list for next week, as it is appointments that can't be made on weekends and budget for 2014. Dh will review it with me later for his input.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

worked on 2014 budget 15 +++ minutes. It's as close to a budget as it is getting for now. Nice review of where the money goes to. Will be working on bringing down the amount of money spent on food/grocery and gasoline each month. Still eating out too often and driving unnecessarily.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks to this thread I managed to answer some emails and finish a document I should have done 3 weeks ago. Tomorrow I have another file that I have to finish. The problem is that I don't think I have the most current version. But I will have to work with what I've got, it has been gnawing on my conciousness for 2-3 months now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I did manage to squeeze in 15 minutes today, just before I walked out the door to go to work. As I predicted - kitchen stuff. I got most of the dishes washed so by Monday the kitchen will still be manageable.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast