15 minute Proscrastinators Challenge - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Courses completed, Alzheimers disease and Elder Abuse. Passed the tests. Folded laundry while I listened.
    Next up clean the sunroom. Timer set.
    ...clean the bathroom
    ...make lunch
    ...clean the refridge

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Clean off sofa
    Wash dishes
    Hang up clothes

Need a little nudge in the right direction and this should do it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

got off track after finishing this a.m. projects, played a game of online scrabble, than did some shopping, and then had out of town friend stop over to visit. Tomorrow back to work for the weekend.
    Watched some youtube tutorials on the Nikon D40X camera. A friend sold me his with accessories for $50 , works great. His wife bought him an upgraded model for his birthday. Hoping to capture memories for others at weddings and family gatherings.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm reviving this one. Between my long hours at work and wanting to do absolutely no housework on my days off, I need to get motivated to get my home back in order and finish some projects. Here is part of the original post to start this challenge:

Do you start your day with good intentions of getting things done, but at the end of the day your no closer to meeting your goals?

If you are like me , the "To Do List" is written down but rarely is anything accomplished on it at the end of the day.

One of my problems is procrastination, another is lack of ambition when getting home from my job. I sit down to relax and the next thing I know I've wasted hours.

My challenge is to set a timer for 15 minutes each day to get myself started on accomplishing a set goal.

Do you need a motivational challenge to meet one of your goals? Join me and share what you did in your 15 minutes towards meeting your goal.

I'll get us started NOW ,although I'd love to start Tomorrow , because.... August 1st sounds like a better day to start a challenge don't you think? It's Sunday , a day of rest right?, I worked hard all week I deserve some free time , right?

My goal for August is to get my home back in order/cleaned by picking a 15 minute project and document what I get done.

Timer set, here I go... Be back later to post what I accomplished although I could go back to bed and sleep another hour

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So I thought I set the timer but didn't so my 15 minutes turned into 1/2 hour. Dishes washed, counters cleaned, stove top cleaned. Kitchen garbage emptied. Load of laundry in washer. Yea,me!
    I need to set a specific goal when I set the timer also or I get distracted doing a little of this and a little of that. Will really set the timer this time and see if I can get the desk top decluttered that sits in the kitchen. I also need to get address labels on a book of raffle tickets we bought for Lions club event today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Desk top decluttered except for a small pile of dh's paper's he needs to deal with, portable phone charger, and decorative box. In the box I found $26 dollars that I don't remember putting in it and a onesie my grandson outgrew that says "Free Hugs", keeping it for memories for now. A couple piles of papers are sitting by me on the kitchen table however that I will deal with my next 15 minutes, as well as my purse which needs organizing. After one more I am done until I take a nap.
    I will say I feel less stress already with the countertops less cluttered.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Within the pile of papers I decluttered from the desk , I made another pile of papers and a list of several tasks that need to be accomplished. Will try to get a few more done. I sent back RSVP that I won't be attending 35th high school reunion. Actually only attended the 5 and 10. No interest in them.
    Enrolled on a new online site to see my work information, time card ects. Saw that on Friday when I worked from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. I forgot to punch out for the day. Since the end of the pay period was that day , they only registered me for 6.75 hours. I will talk to the tomorrow. I wonder how many times this has happened! I work different hours every pay period so paycheck fluctuates. I need to check my paystubs more carefully.
    Load of clothes dried and put away.
    I accomplished something today!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

August 1 - after work today I was thinking what I should get done at home on my drive from work. I got thinking about supper and how I did not have much for fruits and vegies and healthy foods in the house. Made myself stop at the grocery store as I don't like shopping. Picked up some sale items, Nectarines, greek yogurt, fresh sweet corn from local farmer. Came home cleaned my bird feeders and refilled with fresh birdseed. Kept the cupboards cleaned off that I worked on yesterday. Visited my parents. She gave us fresh tomatoes, yellow and green zucchini, and a cucumber. I don't have a garden so this was a special treat. Cleaned up some tables from a Lions club event this weekend and returned them. Happy to have gotten this much done today. Feel better than when I waste the evening thinking about all the work that should get done and making lists and doing nothing about it. All it took was telling myself I need to get 15 minutes of work done and it was enough to keep me going on a few projects.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

August 2. So after work I decided to stop at a shop/café that I had a 25$ gift card for and thought I better use it before it expires as I am a procrastinator and don't like to shop. After looking for items that were under 25$ (pricey stuff) for 15-30 minutes I went to purchase it and she points out that the gift card was only for the café part ugg! I had picked out 2 signs in bright colors I like with inspirational sayings. Of course I put them back. Swept the garage floor when I got home. Put the dishes away from dishwasher. Made out a vacation request for October, hoping new nurses will be hired/orientated by then.
    Now off to reset the timer and clean one of the bathrooms. Wish I had the self cleaning model ...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

August 3rd-it was hard to get going in this humid 90 degree weather. Sweat from the time I started work this a.m. Got home and the air was turned off. I thought I had the programmable settings all set up (after I finally made myself read the directions), but maybe I shut if off as well. Oh well , it's cooling the place now. Must be too hot the birds, none have been at the feeder, unless they don't like how I cleaned them all, didn't use anything but dawn soap and hot water with a good rinse and dry. I do want to plant a fast growing bush or tree of some kind closer to them. The feeders are hanging on shepherds hooks for now.
    I did make myself mop the mudroom floor when I got home. Put in a load of laundry. Next I'm going to get Augusts online training done for work- Hope I don't fall asleep again, this one is on oral hygiene.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

August 4- My day off. Picked up grandson early today and watching him. He is standing up to everything now and needs a constant eye on him.9 months old now.He just layed down for a nap. Watching my feeder and saw a couple bigger sparrow type birds fighting with some smaller birds. Had to look them up and are male house sparrows. Apparently they are a more aggressive bird. I'm reading up on how to discourage them from the feeder as I think they are the reason I have less birds at the feeders last couple days. I also put nyger seed in a different feeder and the finches either don't like it or haven't found it yet. They liked the sock feeder but I need a way to keep the sock dry so the seed doesn't spoil.
    Storms went through and there is perfect breeze coming through the sunroom windows. Love it.
    When grandson returns home I will pull the weeds from the cement block patio.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Home from work. Got the weeds pulled last night, needed extra motivation of asking dh to help and he agreed.
    Now for today- I think I will clean the inside of the fridge. Timer set, Go....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

August 6, got the fridge cleaned out last night. Worked 11 hours today. For my 15 minute + project I went through some of my sons clothes that he doesn't want anymore. Some stained and in garbage, some bagged for goodwill, and some washed and will be brought to work for a young man who's mom says she doesn't have the money to buy him school clothes. If he doesn't want them they will go to goodwill as well. Feels good to have one of several storage containers empty that belong to my kids who no longer live at home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

August 7, home from work. Day off tomorrow! The boy I brought the shirts to work for stopped over to look at them. He took all but two of them. He is going into 7th grade, I could tell he was very happy. I told him if he could get me his measurements of his waist and inseam I would look at thrift sales/shops for a couple pairs of pants for him. Tonight our bedding is getting washed. Tomorrow picking up grandson, daughter, respite client at 8 a.m and going to spend the day visiting my mom and checking out local playgrounds and parks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

August 8, tired out from a day of fun with 4 of my favorite kids. Made myself get the clean clothes and dishes away when they left. Bird feeder filled. Going to bed early for a busy week ahead at work. 12 hour shift tomorrow.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast