15 minute Proscrastinators Challenge - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

August 9, 12.5 hours of stress today at work. Last couple days the hummingbirds have come back , there is one that comes to the window and looks in at me for awhile before flying off. I know what my timer project is going to be, one of the sunroom windows needs the screen/storm window put back in. Going to have dh help me with it right now
    ... yay got it done
    Last edited by KimB; 08-09-2016 at 10:00 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

August 10, 8 hour work day, and now have wasted 1.5 hours on the computer. Time to make myself get something done. Will clean the respite clients room upstairs, he stayed 2 nights and will come again in 2 weeks, so it will be a quick tidy up and clean the upstairs bathroom as well....45 minutes later job accomplished. During my clean up I found a drawer full of clothes from a past client that doesn't spend the night anymore. Bagged them up for dh to take to him.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

August 11, home from work than watched grandson until now. Going to put my feet up for 15 minutes than to bed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

TDN
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good job Kim! I may be joining you soon......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDN View Post
    Good job Kim! I may be joining you soon......
    Thanks TDN! Looking forward to some company I feel I am proficient, organized, driven at work to do my best, and then I get home and I am lazy. When my kids were at home and my husband also worked fulltime plus coached after school, I did it all at work and at home. Now that he is retired, he has taken over many of household duties, paying the bills, grocery shopping, some cooking and more. I am grateful for that , but I have lost my motivation. Part of the problem is I am getting older and the stress of my job physically and mentally is taking a toll on my body. Enough feeling sorry for myself and wasting time.
    August 12, home from 8 hour day, TGIF and my weekend off. My sister invited us to visit a cabin she rented tomorrow and I need to bring a dish to pass. I'm going to bring a bacon ranch pasta salad. Timer to be set and I'll sweep the laminate flooring while the pasta is boiling and the bacon frying etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

August 13- Good morning cyberworld. 64 degrees outside and it feels wonderful sitting in front of this open window after a week of working in an environment that is too warm and stuffy for my comfort.
    Just got a message from one of my former foreign exchange students, from Norway. It brought a smile to my face, I miss him. Got a call from friend who is a foreign exchange coordinator asking if we would host again. She had promised not to ask me this year because she knows my husband is not interested and he would be the one home with them most of the time.
    Flooring of main level of house all vacuumed yesterday.Todays project when I get back from family get together will be to get downstairs carpeting vacuumed. (I want to do it right now but husband had friend spend the night last night because it was pouring rain and he was traveling on a motorcycle. He is sleeping downstairs.) Grandson picks up every little thing and puts it in his mouth. The other day my husband was watching him and when I got home he said he was worried he ate something because he saw him put something in his mouth. He didn't see anything. He says, 'maybe you should check his mouth'. I swiped the inside of his mouth with my finger and out came a tiny black rubberband that I use for my hair. So glad he didn't choke or swallow it. He is at the stage of vigilant supervision as he crawls quickly, climbs on everything, is attracted to everything he shouldn't be like remote controls and power cords, and puts everything in his mouth.
    Have a good day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

August 14, Beautiful visit with my parents, sister, brother and many teenage nieces and nephews yesterday. Brought me happiness to see them all having fun together. My 10 month old grandson was not a fan of the pontoon ride however, I think it was the life jacket I bought him. He was tired and the jacket just too confining for him. I have always left my visits with hugs, the teenagers and my brother will now get up and come to me for the hugs.
    Got the basement vacuumed when I got home. Collected 1/2 # of dust bunnies under the furniture. I love the rocket vacuum dh bought can so easily get under and around a lot of my furniture.
    Now off to church. Be back later to get something done. Dh's family visits in 2 weeks and it will be a 2nd motivator to get some more cleaning, baking done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

August 15, got some laundry and dishes done last night. Today worked 9 hours and then rushed home to leave again for monthly card group. Tried to get out of it, but dh was persistent that I go with him. Filled up on good food and laughter. Just got home and exhausted. I don't have 15 minutes left in me, time for bed. On a positive note orientating two new nurses tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

August 16, home from regular work day. There is a down pour of rain outside and the trees are birdfeeders are swaying in the wind. Lots of thunder as well. The outside windows are getting washed, my project for today will be cleaning the inside of some of the windows. I'll start with the ones my grandson and our bichon like to look out of and have hand/paw and nose prints on.
    Our mower is broke and our neighbor insisted on mowing our lawn for us. His lawn is meticulous, ours is not. He says to DH, 'I know what our next project will be". DH laughs , "what's that?" 'Getting your walkways and drive way edged" . DH took him up on the offer. Neighbor retired from owning hardware store and he has all the fancy lawn and garden equipment. We will have them over for supper and "a beer" next week, which is all he would accept for helping us out.
    Need to get that timer set now and get task started.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since it's been awhile since anyone has posted on this thread, I'm going to post but modify [just this one post] when doing the challenge. I realize the challenge is for 15 minutes to not procrastinate and do something but for me at this minute, I "NEED" to get off the laptop and get a bath and get ready for a doctors appointment.

So, as soon as I post on this thread, I am going to shut the laptop off and my procrastinating will be over.

Don't worry, I'm a chronic procrastinator so will be back to this thread and do the real challenge that it was created for.

Have a nice day!

Scarlett Kaye

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789