2014 household purge/declutter challenge - Page 2
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Look at you three, Chevy! What a cute pic!

Today we will cut the rods for the sewing room fabric rack. Then I can call it done. I need to paint two shelves sometime but it's too cold in that room to do it in winter, and if it never gets done, I'm not going to worry about it. So it's close enough to done for me. At least it'll finally be 100% usable.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oooh, I'm in. As I put away laundry today, I will fill a bag of my clothes that I can donate as well as one for the kids.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yea, we only had to cut one rod instead of four. So that's done and I'm moved into the rack completely now. There was even room for four rolls of paper I didn't have any place for, too. Perfect!

I'm trying to decide what I need to do next in there. I think I need to box up that mess next to the TV in the pic above. I'm hoping a couple of small drawer cabinets will fit under the industrial serger, and that would make some space on top the small wardrobe for some books and things. That would be a start.

We're not doing anything else today, but maybe I'll cut a box in half and make two pull outs for the big wardrobe. I'm not sure it's what I'll want in there, but it's free to try so I might as well. If I run across any ambition that is.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I want to be in on this one too.
    So far, I have a large bag and 2 small bags of clothes to donate to a local organization. This weekend I am pulling items out of the basement and getting some additional items ready to donate next week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in! Main areas I want to work on first are clothes, all of ours. Donate what does not fit or we do not wear. Then my laundry room. This is the only room that is cluttered. I have everything in place in all rooms, BUT this is the throw it in the laundry room and we will get to it later room. I have wire shelves with tupperware containers on them, but I need to go threw ALL of them, as they are not labeled or sorted. And my kitchen is small, and do not have many cabinets so I need to pack some stuff away we do not use every day, so we have some breathing room in there. Having this written down will hold me accountable.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you for starting this challenge, Alaska - it looks like fun, and our house really needs a good purge.
    Total 2019: $ 39 100
    Goal 2019: $50 000
    To do 2019: $10 900

Total paid/saved: $109 500
    Total goal: $272 900
    To do: $163 400

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in. Will do my best to post the stuff that I get rid of as I boot it out of the house. A couple days ago I dropped off a pile of stuff to the nearest Goodwill. Felt great getting it out of the house and out of my van.
    If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.

Put ALL EXCUSES ASIDE and remember this:
    YOU ARE CAPABLE!

2016 Lose-A-Pound-A-Week Challenge
    Started at 139.8 lbs on Monday, May 9th
    1st goal will be 135 lbs - reached 135.8 lbs goal on Fri, May 13th!
    2nd goal will be 133 lbs - reached 133.8 lbs on Fri, May 20th!
    Reached 132.6 lbs on June 1st!
    3rd goal will be 130 lbs - reached 130.8 lbs on Thurs, July 7th!
    4th goal will be 129 lbs
    5th goal will be 127 lbs
    6th goal will be 125 lbs

Personal ~ as of March 12, 2016
    Pay off my Mortgage
    $36,303.13 (3 years, 1 months left)
    Pay off My Line of Credit ~ Van
    PAID OFF IN FULL!!
    Pay off my Line of Credit ~ General
    $26,058.14

Winning at money is 80% behaviour and 20% head knowledge....Hey, if it were easy, every moron walking would be wealthy.
    ~Dave Ramsey

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have been contemplating my "to do" list all day. I had my son start for me, lol, going through his clothes and putting in a bag what he no longer fits or wants to keep.

Next I'm dismantling my home bar and converting it to a kitchen island (it's stainless steel and easy enough to relocate). The holidays are over, no more real entertainment opportunities till after the busy season in April so no need to keep a fully stock bar out in the open where I worry its setting a bad example for the kiddo. he's at that age where I was when I started experimenting with my Moms wine, lol! And I caught the little turd trying to grab a real glass of champagne off the drink cart at midnight last night instead of the clearly labeled apple cider for a toast.

I'm also going to take photos of, and post, the sewing machine and fabric stash on our local Facebook crafting page.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am getting ready to finish my last "load"of church linens.
    When I am done, I will be taking the iron, mini ironing board
    to GW. I never use it for anything else. Two blouses out of closet
    will go there as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Our homes are getting lighter! I had lunch with some dear friends today. They asked me to go through their home and let them know what I wanted so they could put my name on them! So sweet - however, the only things I want are a few photos and some oh her artwork. Mr own purge is helping me to more easily identify what is most important!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm finding it a lot easier to say no in situations like that too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm learning the NO word too, and it feels great to be saying it! I'm going in this challenge too, and I think I'll be going past 2014 in my numbers! I already started last week in my bedroom closet, so I'm on a roll and feeling better already! not sure about all the counting, but I'll give it a shot!

Looking forward to a clearer house!

Theresa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll be joining you this year - I've been purging for several years, but I still have a long way to go to have a clutter-free home. I've really got the purge and clean bug right now, so I'd better take advantage of it. Since I'm visiting my daughter, I found 3 things to donate from her house (with her permission, of course), but rather than take them to my house and risk them taking up residence there, I'm going to detour to the nearest Goodwill donation place before I get home.
    When I get home, I'll be working on my basement. I hate working down there, so I keep putting it off, but my goal is to have most of it de-cluttered, organized and fairly clean by the end of the month.

Items out: 0 / 2014; pending: 3

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I got rid of a bunch of stuff yesterday. I plan to go through my daughter's drawers and closets to fill another bag to donate. Love this challenge!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm in!!

I need to through every room. I am stuck on what I want to keep craft wise. But I'll get it figured out.

I am building a wardrobe. I want clothes that fit and flatter, and coordinate. If I could have 7 bottoms and 7 tops that mix and match that is...49 outfits. Add a couple cardigans that work together, you have even more. So this is my goal. A minimalistic approach to clothing with a really big impact. So I am going through and what doesn't fit, or doesn't flatter goes.

And then I've started my craft purge. I went through patterns yesterday, anything that wasn't in my family size range is gone. I don't need baby clothes patterns anymore, my baby is 10. So that freed up quite a bit for room.

I am hoping that by Monday my craft room is finally organized. I lost my storage space, so I need to figure out what to do with the crates. My fabric in the garage attic, which doesn't work. I want it in the house. I'm thinking my Christmas embroidery stuff could go in the attic until fall... that would free up a few. I used to do craft sales, but we are too busy to do that right now. I love selling at craft sales, so i am thinking in 2 or 3 years I'll have time again, so I don't want to get rid of that stuff.

So anyway, my immediate goal is my clothing and my craft space. Once that is done, I'll decide where to next.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast