For the List Makers...Make A List, Make It Happen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered User MakeADollarHollar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default For the List Makers...Make A List, Make It Happen

I've always been a List Maker. I can't function without my list(s) to keep me focused and moving forward. While I enjoy posting in Piney's monthly To-Do threads my lists are often more detailed and just naming three things to focus on doesn't hit the amount of detail I need and I feel awkward posting my gargantuan lists.

In addition to my daily chores I keep a running list of things that need to be done and add to it as things pop in to my head or need to be tended to. My husband is flying out tomorrow for a minimum of two weeks and I always jump at the opportunity to get some extra's done while he's gone.

I pulled some things off my running list that I'd like to accomplish while he's gone. I don't think I'll get them all done since I only have one full weekend alone (unless his plans change) but I think I can make a pretty good dent in some of them over the course of two weeks.

Daily Chores as needed (including his )

BJ's Run
    Walmart Run
    Aldi Run
    Publix Run

Rotate Spices
    Spice Inventory
    Order New Spices

Bills/Banking/Budgets (regular chore but must be done ASAP)
    New Checks in briefcase
    Empty File Cabinet
    Put away the odds and ends on my desk
    Update Special inventory / disk
    Update Price Book (thought I put it on the computer but can't find it)
    Tax Prep
    Type up Emergency Action List
    Type up Emergency Purchase List

Organize Pantry after BJ's Run
    Move any excess to shed

Go through my closet
    Donate as necessary

Re-Organize Bathroom Cabinet (need organizers from Walmart)

Peek in on Spare Room - organize as necessary

Inventory Deep Freeze

Clean oscillating fan
    Clean small fan

Polish Knives
    Polish All-Clad

Rotate GHB
    Wipe out cup holder

Return shirts to Penney's

Call Peerless about Set-Screw

It doesn't matter if your list is daily, weekly or monthly. If you've got a list and want to knock some things off please join me. I'll be posting daily as things get worked off or added.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do the same thing Hollar. I try not to have to many things on my list becaus then it feels overwhelming and I become unmotivated. I have the "Master List" and then the other list of things I want to get done by the end of the month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do the same thing. I threw out all my lists today, and starting fresh in February. I make lists for everything!!! I love crossing things off and getting things done. Are you a virgo? I hear we virgos are like this!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Are you talking to me lex? or Hollar? I am a sagitarius.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm Aquarius. My birthday is coming up shortly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LexTysMommy View Post
    I do the same thing. I threw out all my lists today, and starting fresh in February. I make lists for everything!!! I love crossing things off and getting things done. Are you a virgo? I hear we virgos are like this!
    Virgo here and I do the same thing. I've always done better with a list cause I love crossing them off. But seems like for every one I cross off I find two to add.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Niko--made me smile.."cross on off and add two" That's my list!

Master list maker here, sorry I am a Libra. Since I love lists...here's mine for Feb.

clean off pew
    take pics. and learn how to post on Frugal Village
    sell puppies
    take DDs on camping trip
    pack for camping trip
    bake for all my friends having B-Days at school
    write reports for work
    clean out cedar chest--decide if keeping or donate
    start going through clothes--donate, donate, donate
    Clear and clean home office
    Ins. check-up
    repair bird seed guard
    do all laundry on Saturdays
    DD1 paperwork
    complete 2014 Summer Household goal sheet (stuff to repair or work on that can only be completed in warm weather)
    Valentine Cookies for Kid's club party at work
    finish one quilt
    start 2014 Tax file

Well that should keep me busy along with the day to day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good idea - this will work for me too. Now I need to create my master list

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm a Virgo haha. We are perfectionists!
    My list is on my e-calendar. I can display it by month, by week or by day. It gives me pop-up reminders.
    Sometimes it is good just to write things down. I get a good feeling crossing them off the list. When I go out and have a bunch of things to do, I make a list.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

@ Niko - I know the feeling!! Remove One, Add Two!! The story of my life!

@Kim - I live by my Outlook calendar! It's different from my running chore list but definitely overlaps because that's where I put things that are time sensitive or need a constant or recurring reminder.

My normal Saturday routine got messed up due to the husband flying out but I got a lot done.

Scrubbed tub and shower (regular routine)

We took his truck to the dealer first thing this morning to get serviced while he's gone so he won't be without a vehicle when he gets back. Next door neighbor will take me to pick it up next week when it's ready.

We had time this morning to make the BJ's run. I used his muscle power to help me load/unload all the stuff. Got everything put away except pantry items. Need to rotate and do a little organization with the new items.

Rotated in to new toothbrushes, did a quick inventory of HBA essentials and added new items to upcoming Walmart list. Washed out a large conditioner container with a hand pump and transferred a large shampoo container that didn't have a pump.

Finished his last load of laundry - got him packed.

Wiped kitchen cabinets, dusted dining room table (regular chore)

Cleaned the cup holder in my car. Rotated my fast food coupons (I carry the fast food coupons that come in our mailers in my car in case of "emergencies", lol)

Washed two pair of sandals. Once they dry I can wash the pair I'm wearing.

Got him to the airport. Came home with nervous energy.

Pulled out my GHB. Pulled everything out, took mental inventory, replaced clothing as needed and water bottles. Dust busted floor board where bag sits.

Completely emptied the fridge and freezer. Tossed all old foods, scrubbed clean (I keep a clean fridge/freezer anyway so it wasn't hard). Pulled odds and ends to the forefront for me to eat off this week and rotated overflow of boxed frozen veggies from deep freeze to regular freezer.

Got my laundry started.

Rotated bulk spices to daily use jars, did inventory, went through Penzey's catalog, got all order numbers and pricing noted. Tomorrow I'll repackage all bulk and place order for new stuff.

Still have nervous energy but need to stop for the night or I won't get anything done tomorrow.
    Last edited by MakeADollarHollar; 02-01-2014 at 10:32 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Virgo here. I have daily to do, weekly to do, general to do, things to buy for house, kids, myself, ongoing grocery lists. Never seems to work for me to put in electronic form...need my paper.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I make lists of things to get done in a year, then by month, then weekly and daily. Sometimes its overwhelming, and its like an addiction. I threw out all my lists a while back and I felt like I was missing stuff every day! Made me anxious, so back to lists. I try to pair down now, but i have 2014 and 2015 to do's written and try to focus on smaller stuff every day. My house is organized, and clean but its neverending with the daycare! Glad I am not alone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by LexTysMommy View Post
    I make lists of things to get done in a year, then by month, then weekly and daily. Sometimes its overwhelming, and its like an addiction. I threw out all my lists a while back and I felt like I was missing stuff every day! Made me anxious, so back to lists. I try to pair down now, but i have 2014 and 2015 to do's written and try to focus on smaller stuff every day. My house is organized, and clean but its neverending with the daycare! Glad I am not alone!
    My cousin is expecting her 7th child this week. She home schools all of them. She is very organized way in advance, too. I expect that has to be done if you have daycare or homeschool. I know I map out my semesters over a year ahead so I know when important dates are and when I have time off. My cousin schedules "class trips" into her curriculum and a couple of vacations during her year. I admire her so much for being able to keep a neat home with 7 kiddos. Her husband owns a dairy farm in Vermont and works 16 hour days much of the year.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm a list freak too. I bought one of those magnetic note pad's that have every day of the week visible on the same small page. I write which chores I'd like to get done on those days but I have to co-ordinate it with my calendar on my phone so I don't overload days with appointments. By the time the week's over, that page is a mess and anything not done gets transferred over to next week and then I can toss the scribbly page

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nadders11 View Post
    Virgo here. I have daily to do, weekly to do, general to do, things to buy for house, kids, myself, ongoing grocery lists. Never seems to work for me to put in electronic form...need my paper.
    YES!!!! A separate list for each thing! There was a day ( not anymore ) I had a list of my lists. My oldest daughter had a running joke. I'd say something like I need to______ and she'd say put it on the list. After she got older ( 42 now ) she'd say, "I need to ____"....and then she'd laugh and say I'll put it on the list.

I, too, need my paper. Something peaceful about sitting with a fresh cup of coffee in the morning when it's quiet and making that list. Paper only Nadders. And everything has it's own list.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6