Are YOU living your dreams?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Are YOU living your dreams?

I never really thought about it until recently..I would have to say YES ..with little bumps in the road here and there...I have a AWESOME hard working loving dh and 3-healthy overall good boys..lol..they do drive me nuts at times..let me not forget my little puppy Fritz!

My #1 dream was to own my own home with some acreage and a 2-car garage! My dh and I achieved that dream over 5-yrs ago..

Then my next dream was to be a sahm after working for 17-yrs..under circumstances beyond my control ( lost my job of 16-yrs) I became a sahm!

Something I never dreamed of that has made me so happy is my edible landscape! Everything that has been planted I take so much pride in..it was A LOT of work..It is my paradise!

My next dream would be to own a Fruit Orchard..I think the closet I can get to that dream is add another 20-fruit trees to my already established Orchard..But,I don't think my dh would like that idea...hmmm?

I'm definitely living my dreams..What about you?
    Last edited by brenda67; 02-15-2014 at 05:47 PM.
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bumping^^^^^^
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No one living their dreams?
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Good for you!
    I think most people would answer "no" to this question, probably because their dreams are unrealistic. I suppose that's what makes them "dreams" instead of "goals".
    I have a lot of dreams that I know a lot of people share: be fabulously wealthy, be a published author, have a speaking part in a movie, travel the world, own a beach house and a manor in England with a hoard of servants and those awesome hedge gardens, have a nanny and housekeeper, be so influential with world leaders that world peace is finally established, etc.
    My goals are things that are realistic and I work towards them: write novels, retire early with plenty saved, downsize to an adorable cottage in retirement, travel the US in a camper with the kids, stay in good health, etc.~
    Last edited by nuisance26; 02-19-2014 at 05:56 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks Constance.. I would say I'm living my dreams that are simple things in my life because I don't desire a lot..I would like my dh to retire early with enough money saved..I would like to own a home in the south for a get away/vacation home but its not a dream of mine( < depending on inheritance that could very well happen..my father is leaving me some land that would be free and clear that I could put a home on...not that I like to think about that though even though its inevitable) Im living MY dream right now..no work stress that I dealt with for many years and doing what I love in my edible landscape..learning to become self sufficient and living in the moment of what I have now...I feel at peace! Not many people that I know of are content with their lives..their dreams are not realistic..My father is one of those people that has several dreams but all require a lot of money that he will never be satisfied with his life..so glad I didn't follow in his footsteps! Like I said before MY only dream left is to own a Fruit Orchard that would give my family some income as a side business and something that I would love and not be miserable doing for money.
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have the dream job and the perfect husband and children. But I do not live in my dream place geographically speaking. We want to move to a part of the country that has sunshine in the summer, a school for the deaf within commuting distance, and a bit more distance to our families. Also, we have looked at house prices in different parts of the country, and have found some towns where we can get houses for 300 000 less than the one we live in today, and at the same time fulfill the rest of our wish list.

Had a chat with DH and the kids today about where they wanted to live. The last days I've started dreaming about a small farm with chicken and goats, and found a few of these for sale in the right parts of the country. But after talking to them I realize that that dream wouldn't make us happy. The girls love being able to run outside and play with all the other kids in the neighbourhood, DH wants to live close to a bustling town centre where he can go for walks and "people watch". And honestly, the only animal I have the patience to look after is a cat. My gardening skills are ok, as long as I choose lazy plants that only need water and nurture once a month.

So dream is adjusted, now we just need to be debt free (except mortgage) within 3 years, and then we're off to the south becomming totally debt free and enjoying the sunshine.
    Total paid/saved: $115 900
    Total goal: $290 900
    To do: $175 000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I'm living some of my dreams. I live where I want to be, we have 20 acres and a home debt-free. I am able to do many of the things I want to do.

One dream I've had for many years is for a member to transfer or come into our church family that can teach us voice and make a bunch of us into a choir and various quartets, trios, etc. so we could go to other churches and sing. I haven't given up yet!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes but with two exceptions. I want dh to have his time be his own. We are aggressively pursuing early retirement for that purpose. Two we both want to live in a better climate. That comes after goal 1 is met. We are very blessed and those two are just icing on the already delicious cake of life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

most certainly over here! yeah!!!
    wonderful loving dh. beautiful dd and great stepson!!!
    and much more. we are super blessed and this is all that I dreamed about when I was younger!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

most certainly over here! yeah!!!
    wonderful loving dh. beautiful dd and great stepson!!!
    and much more. we are super blessed and this is all that I dreamed about when I was younger!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, absolutely. I grew up poor and simply wanted a comfortable life and I have that. I am working that the industry leading company that I wanted to work at for most of my career. Most recently, I have gotten the thing that I wanted so desperately for so many years - a peaceful home. I love my boring life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I dream of buying a slightly bigger home on at least an acre land so that I can have a large garden and a swimming pool. House don't sell fast around here though so it's a little depressing.

We would also like a camper to travel with the family.

Also I want to see most of the world.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sure, some of my dreams. My dreams have evolved over time, though, so I doubt I'll ever achieve all of them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good question.....Hmmmm.

I'd have to say "somewhat." I've realized all my career dreams and many of my personal dreams but a very bad car accident threw me a curve around 15 years ago. Up until that time I would say that I had a great life. I traveled, had lots of close friends and lived in a peaceful, happy environment. I woke up excited each day and had perfect health.

After almost dying, I had to re-write my plans and dreams. As they say, every cloud has a silver lining. I was drawn closer to God after my injuries and that meant a lot. Now I have many restrictions on what my body will let me do and I have good days and bad days. My bucket list has changed dramatically. I also lost some friends, with common interests, but made many new ones. I'm closer to my brother now and to his grandchildren, since he moved to Florida in 2010. I think I have learned to appreciate the little things in life and I've gained a lot of insight into human behavior as relates to those with disabilities.

So my dreams continue to evolve. I'm happy and I'm positive. I've adapted to my circumstances so life is good!
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hello everyone it's been a long time since I posted here..I was swamped with office work and daily life..things have been so hectic and sometimes I just don't have the time to open the laptop in the evening and browse the net

Anyways..I am glad to be back here again. I need this forum to improve my life. I am currently living HALF of my dreams..lol
    I have the love of my life, also my relationship with my mother is getting better..but career wise it's been bumpy.
    I work an office job (daily) as a secretary which i very busy as my boss is a workaholic and very demanding.
    On weekends I also do Master of Ceremony jobs for wedding and corporate events.
    I plan to do full time Wedding Master of Ceremony..but I need to prepare a lot for that.
    I am currently fat, because of work stress. So I need to improve my physical appearance as well.
    I will keep posting and keep track of my efforts so hopefully this year 2014 will become a good year filled with improvements.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast