March To-Do Challenge - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Broken toe is hurting worse than I anticipated so yesterday was pretty much a lazy day. Mainly I sat with my foot propped up. Really boring but it did give me a chance to finish a book that's due at the library on Monday!

Anyway, thanks for the concern, everybody! It's inconvenient but at least I didn't have to go the doctor.

For Sunday (while hobbling and hopping):

1) Pick up downstairs
    2) Clean out litter box
    3) Clean toilets

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3

sun
    read paper
    find garden seeds
    make ice tea

ilovechocolate, I am So sorry, I can feel that toe throbbing right now, man those babies can really hurt! Hope you don't have to hobble around too much longer and it feels better soon!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Groceries - done
    Fold/put way laundry -done
    Babysit littlest grand baby - done
    Help dd#1 with the mounds of baby clothes people have given her....good grief! She will never use 1/3 of that stuff. - done

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nothing really got done today, DH got terribly sick this morning, so I've been taking care of him all day. He's still on my list, but I can't let the poor thing suffer. It seems to be a stomach bug, he can't keep anything down but jello and ginger ale. He won't drink ginger tea, but soda is fine.

They're saying it could snow tomorrow, so I most likely won't get to the garden. Oh well, maybe another day. Tomorrow:

1 .wipe down stove(it's looking kind of greasy)
    2. wipe out microwave
    3. call to reschedule blood work

I really hope I don't catch this bug from DH...that would really bite!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Y'all!

Well, I wrote a longgg post yesterday, and the computer crashed when I tried to post it, of course... so let's see, the highlights...

The job at the garden center is great... It's *SO* pretty there. But I'm not hugely worried about "spending half what I earn there" for 2 reasons... #1- they are EXPENSIVE, so I'm likely get inspired there but knock-it-off cheaper from somewhere else #2- the employee discount doesn't kick in until April 8th, so I'm not going to buy much until that happens...

That said, I did buy 2 birdhouses on Friday, because they were $5 each, leftover from a Christmas display. And then at the garden show that night, I used the 40% off coupon on something I'd been planning to buy anyway (a decorative floaty-thing for our pond.) But I would have bought that whether I'd hired on there or not...

I've discovered a new perk to the garden shop gig-- the "try me" lotions. There's jars at the registers of special heavy-duty gardeners' stuff, but in the pretty froofy ladies' section, there's all kinds of pretty smelling ones... and after all, a girl's got to know her products... ;D One lady asked me if the stuff at the registers works, so I let her feel my hand, and she bought some! Win for the store (they got a sale based on the awesome-softness-of-me,) Win for the customer, it's a good product, Win for me, I get to use it for free (which I need every once in a while with as much dust and dirt as we work with. And, let's be honest, pretty big ego boost that someone would buy a product based on how awesome my skin is. That's right, I'm a spokes-model!!! ;D

So let's see... Saturday Hubs and I took out a 20-ft dead tree on the property line... it looks better now on our side, worse on the neighbors' side, but we talked to them about it first, and the hedge will fill back in for them eventually... that was three trips to the dump. Also picked up lumber for Hubs to build me some garden beds.

Today I helped him build said garden beds, then cleaned out the rabbit cages, which REALLY needed it (that's why I needed the beds built... so I could dump the poop in 'em!) and I also worked in the way back corner of the property setting up the playhouse for the girls-- that used to be in another part of the yard, but we are rearranging things a bit, and the girls have been nagging me to get their house set back up for them. There's still plenty of work to do back there, but I feel good with how much we got done today. And then I spend far too much time on pinterest looking through the results of the search "garden." Now I'm anxious for yardsale season to start!!!

Tomorrow:
    4 hours at the garden center
    clean the kitchen
    TBD, weather dependent-- it is snowing here right now, so who knows how things will play out...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For Sunday 2/3

Toe is better. I'm starting to think it's not broken, just terribly bruised. It hurts when I'm up too long, but it quits hurting when it's propped up. I am able to do stuff around the house, just slowly.

So for Monday:

1) Clean bathrooms
    2) Laundry
    3) Catch up on recording expenses

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3

monday
    run dishwasher
    put away dishes in washer and rack
    get some seeds started

Stay healthy, these bugs are not fun, and hang on forever!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3 today. Never called for blood test. DH is still pretty sick, but definitely getting better. I have to run a couple errands tomorrow, so I'll probably just go to the lab and wait for an opening, It usually doesn't take too long. so...

1. go to township office for trash tags
    2. go to lab for blood work
    3. go to bank to deposit check

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Had unexpected company yesterday so dealt with that and nothing else.

For Tuesday:

1) Lunch with retired former co-workers
    2) Clean bathrooms
    3) Finances

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3

tues
    peel, cut freeze 10 lbs carrots
    wash a cat blanket, someone got sick on,
    nap

There is not enough time in the day with all the sleeping I have been doing, i am exhausted, and have little energy.

it's going to take awhile I guess. I would really like to work in the yard, but its snowing again today. ugh..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been busy working all kinds of shifts at work, but I did get some things done. Got some more stuff we needed for our trip at the end of the month. Going on vacation is expenssive! Got some laundry done. That's all I can think of at the moment.

Tuesday march 18

1-Do 4 loads of laundry.
    2-Make kids lunches.
    3-Continue getting our bags ready.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So we got over 6 inches of snow yesterday, and needless to say the garden center did not need me to come in. They DID open, two hours late, but it was a "reduced staffing" situation. I could have gone in for 2 of my 4 scheduled hours, but that really wouldn't be worth the gas and the time digging the car out. So yesterday we all watched shows and played games and stayed out of each other's ways. 0/3 yesterday

Today DD10 wasn't well and stayed home from school. I finally got an email back from DollarTree regarding the defective juice bottles I bought last month and complained about--in fact, I told them that they should remove them from their shelves... well, today they finally got back to me with an apology and an offer to send me a voucher if I give them my address... meanwhile, they've continued to sell the defective product for a month! I don't want their voucher, I want them to not knowingly sell bottles that will leak in kids' bags!!! Oh well... I also heard back from the pay office that they have fixed the problem with my retired pay, so they refunded me the money they took out and the statement for the 1st reflects that they will not be taking any more out. Yay!

So today I:
    - took care of the kiddo
    - ran some laundry, put some away
    - vacuumed my bedroom
    - ran a load of dishes
    - did the mending I've been saying I'd do for weeks now
    - trimmed an old sheet into a new tablecloth and cut the pillowcases into napkins and dish towels
    - picked up a bit, but still plenty left to do
    - put out food for the birds and squirrels
    - gave the chickens and rabbits food and water, let the chickens out to play (bonus, they don't go far in the snow, so I don't have to worry as much about the neighbors...)

And for the rest of the evening, I'll be making dinner, helping DD6 with her homework, and watching old tv on Netflix...

Tomorrow:
    - color my hair
    - call DFAS and ask where my final paycheck is (they had 45 days, and tomorrow is day 46)
    - clean some more (deliberately vague)
    - hem the tablecloth and napkins

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3 today...I just really don't want to get that darn blood test!
    Tomorrow:

1. Go get the stupid blood test.
    2. Pick up a few things at the dollar tree on the way home.
    3. Take care of some mending.

Pinetree, please take things easy, you don't want a relapse.

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Suprise View Post
    I've been busy working all kinds of shifts at work, but I did get some things done. Got some more stuff we needed for our trip at the end of the month. Going on vacation is expenssive! Got some laundry done. That's all I can think of at the moment.

Tuesday march 18

1-Do 4 loads of laundry.
    2-Make kids lunches.
    3-Continue getting our bags ready.
    2.75/3 I only did 3 loads of laundry. Laundry is soo slow I wish I had two sets of each.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

March 19 Wednesday

1-Dishes
    2-4 loads of laundry.
    3-General picking up.
    4-Make dinner.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast