April to-do Challenge - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

0/3 toady. Fibro flared up really bad today and I barely got some of the everyday stuff done. Tomorrow is grocery day, so I don't expect to get much else done. So, tomorrow:

1. Get groceries
    2. plant something!!! I need to get to my garden.(peas and lettuce)
    3. Prune grapevines...they're out of control!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Make convention reservations DONE
    Pick up glasses & laundry at friends home DONE
    Do their laundry - DONE

Clean vanity DONE
    Through out all kitchen garbage
    Wipe down counters DONE

Fill out tax forms & copy
    Mail
    Make massage appt for Wednesday DONE

Make turkey pot pie for dinner DONE
    Fold friends laundry DONE
    Bring dinner & laundry to friends DONE

Pack as much as possible for trip
    Put together pkg for April swap DONE
    Emboss tags & find buttons DONE

SO I WILL JUST KEEP ADDING ON FOR TOMORROW - Wednesday!

Shred papers
    6:00 AM - pick up friend
    11:30 - massage

Post office
    Bank
    Walmart or CVS

My laundry
    Online check in
    Check with ride for Thursday

Get to friend's home by 4:00PM
    Finish packing
    Leave notebook for girls

Make up single bed
    Refresh nails

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3 today. Couldn't get to grocery store, had to wait for cable guy who never showed.
    So tomorrow:

1. Groceries
    2. Pick up prescription
    3. clean up dining room

Jen

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I :
    Filled Easter eggs that I will throw on the yard next door for the two little ones that live there.
    Went to visit my friend in nursing home.
    Cleaned some more of the guest room. Found canned peaches that will expire in two weeks....am I the only one who stores their extra canned goods under the guest room bed & then forget they are there????? LOL

I have severe RA so I usually only do one or two things a day....anymore, I can't function the next day...tmr. I have to vacuum..that counts as 3 things for me...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, since I was deliberately vague about the "cleaning," then I can claim 2/3 today. I didn't go to the movies... instead I shallow-cleaned my van. That means I deep-cleaned it (for SIX HOURS, I'm NOT exaggerating!) but it was so filthy that I only got the top layer of filth, the "deep" is still dirty.

So yes, I started cleaning my car at 8am, cleared it all out, vacuumed it at the gas station (because it was so bad I didn't want to destroy my home vacuum) then vacuumed it again for ages at home, then wiped everything down with hot water and soap and a rag (it was too dirty for paper towels, magic eraser, or spray cleaner--remember I've been moving cut branches and brush for weeks now, and two slimy children for years before that...) then I broke out the "spot cleaner" machine... very effective, but the tanks were SO TINY, I was constantly refilling the reservoir and dumping the return tank... but six hours later, I have a car I *MIGHT* let people ride in...

For yardwork, I cut down a few saplings, broke up and recycled a flimsy old metal arbor, and sat under the blooms of my apricot tree watching a dozen or so honeybees, a billion pollen flies, and one big ol' noisy bumble bee go from blossom to blossom while two of my rabbits ran around and grazed in the runs right by me (they are codependent and got anxious if I went too far away... The boy has declared war on the onion grass (wild chives) in the grass, whereas the girl only wanted to eat the violets. And since both of those are weeds, hooray!!!

So the other thing I did today was research some stuff for our upcoming road trip to Massachusetts (hence the need to clean the van we'll be driving in for 8 hours each way...) Our first stop will be Plymouth, and it suddenly dawned on me last night, as I was trying to fall asleep, that I remember being told my family has a Mayflower connection. So I spent the afternoon and evening tracing that (it's already done and online, I just had to follow my family trail of breadcrumbs...) Well, turns out the connection is *NOT* the one they said it was... it's *BETTER*!!! So I wrote up a little blurb on our ancestor and read it to the girls, and I'm waiting until we're actually there, standing in Plymouth, to show them the chart of how THEY are descended from the people I told them about today. I even found a record of where the person is buried (in Boston, where we're going on our second day of the trip) I want to try to get through to them that this isn't just another story from a book or a tv show, that these people were REAL, just like they are, so finding out our ancestor was a little girl when she came over is just AWESOME--they can relate to that.

So yeah, six hours of car cleaning and 6+hours of roots tracing gobbled up my day... but TOTALLY worth it. I'm suddenly WAY more excited about this trip now.

It was a good day.

Tomorrow:
    - More cleaning of the van.
    - Vague cleaning of something or other in the house...
    - planting some of my plants (weather permitting)
    - gotta help DD6 with her school project
    - call and harass finance again

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3 for Tuesday. Didn't post yesterday because we spent ALL day cleaning out in-law's house. They are both deceased and the house has been rented but now we've all decided it's time to sell. When we got home last night I started going through boxes of paperwork from over there to decide what needs shredding.

For Thursday:

1) ENT appointment DONE
    2) Continue going through old paperwork from in-laws' house
    3) Pick up prescriptions DONE

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3 today. I got so tired, though. I think I will take things easy tomorrow.

1. Make some candy
    2. plan next weeks menu
    3. write up menu and list for Easter dinner

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

4/5 today +2 -- I didn't do ANY housework... heck, I didn't even make the bed!

- I did talk to finance again, and they found the glitch and sent a correction, I have a copy of what they sent. They said "hopefully within 5 business days" I'll finally have my money
    - Did work on the van some more... I had the girls magic-eraser the vinyl panels in the back, then I put down the seats and cleaned the back carpets some more...
    - transplanted most of my garden-window plants to their summer dirt-homes. My niece is spending the night tomorrow and the day on Saturday, so I left a lot of things unplanted so the girls can do that together. But most things are laid out where they're going to go.
    -Helped DD6 do her project for school

--Also dropped of Hubs' stinky uniform coat at the dry cleaner's, picked up plastic eggs and candy and traded them for egg-hunt tickets at the clubhouse (you can't just pay for them, have to bring eggs and candy--ergh!), and went to Home Depot, twice. (When I went there the first time, I discovered they had landscape timbers for $1.47, so I went home, counted how many I'll need, loaded up the four $7.77 ones I bought a few weeks ago, and exchanged those for six of the cheaper ones and a bunch of my money back... Oh, and the fence guy came by and we gave him a check for 2/3 the price (wayyy more than I wanted to spend, but we NEED the fence.) They're planning to drop the posts on Monday, let them cure for a few days, and by the time we're back from our trip on Friday night, it should all be done. *SHOULD.* I explained to him that if he busts his deadline he'll be hammering next to a nervous colony of newly transplanted bees... I think he understands that would be undesirable

Friday:
    -Attend Grandparents' Day at DD10's school (she doesn't want her grandparents, she wants me... I'd sooo rather not sit in the school all morning...) early dismissal for both girls
    -Pick up DNiece11 and drive her back to our house
    -Plant things with the girls while trying not to lose my mind

I'm thinking there may be some light drinking involved

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Z, I love reading your posts! You are a very entertaining writer.

Spend all last evening going through in-laws' stuff to shred/keep/give to other family members. Still have 3 boxes to go but one of them seems to be mostly framed family pictures so that will go quickly.

For Friday:

1) Finish going through in-laws' stuff
    2) Laundry
    3) Help DH work in yard

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3 today, though they were easy ones. Hoping the second raised bed will be done tomorrow, so I can plant something. I don't know what DH has planned for the weekend, but knowing him, it will be outdoors. I can go with that.

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3 for Friday. All the boxes are finished; trash was thrown out and now all I have to do is get the items with sentimental value to the appropriate family members.

For Saturday:

1) Vacuum and mop downstairs---the floors are covered with the pollen that tortures us every year at this time
    2) Menu planning
    3) Organize in-laws' stuff

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, the raised bed is in place, but planting has to wait for more dirt. Lowes has topsoil in 40# bags for $1.50, so we'll be going out for some more of that tomorrow when hubby gets home. Tomorrow:

1. Get to work on Easter candy.
    2. Work on paper pile. (I am making progress, but it's slow going)
    3. Go get dirt and plant some seeds.

Jen...hoping my Fibro lets me get this stuff finished...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everyone, thought I would drop by and say Hi, been in bed with a messed up back.. hopefully on the mend here, at least I made it up and moving around.

We have a blizzard going on here, winds blowing and suppose to get up to 6 inches. My plum trees and blooming, so afraid they will get frozen again this year, we didnt get any last year either. The pear, peach and apple havent started yet so hopefully they will be ok.

Z, good luck on the fence, I lost track on the bee delivery, safe travels on your trip

ilc, what a job you are doing, its tough to go through those treasures.

Jen, hope you start feeling better,

Looks like MM already left on her vacation.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, it's good to have you back! I thought that possibly you had relapsed with that illness you had couple of weeks ago. I'm glad it's not that, but I'm sorry your back went out. Q: How do you know you're middle-aged? A: Your back goes out more often than you do. Anyway, I feel for you----backaches can hurt soooooooo bad. Take it easy.

Didn't do much of anything Saturday or today except finish going through the in-laws' stuff and getting it organized to give to various family members. I also did laundry, mostly sheets and other linens that we found over at the in-laws' house.

1) Vacuum
    2) Send cards to some folks who are going through health issues
    3) Menu planning
    2)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Guys!

Busy busy here, it's spring break from the kids' school and it's challenging keeping them un-bored... today the fence guys are outside digging the holes and setting the posts--they are doing it by HAND!!! (now join me in a little smirk that the WHOLE reason we hired folks was that Hubs said that doing it ourselves by hand would be too much work for 2 people--which is how many are outside-- and that a company would just use an auger... hmm... seems we lost that $3000 bet... ) Anyway, at least it's getting done. Meanwhile the neighbors are having a bunch of trees taken out and it so SO LOUD!!! Very busy and energetic and spring-ish here, for sure!

Meanwhile, today I am getting us ready to go on our spring-break trip to Massachusetts tomorrow. We will be driving to Plymouth and spending one night there, then doing Boston on Wednesday, Lexington and Concord on Thursday, and on Friday we will check out Salem before driving home again.

Today:
    -clean as much as possible (hate coming home to a messy house!
    -get pet food, get pets all set up
    -get stuff for travel cooler
    -get down luggage and pack
    -choose movies for the car ride
    - mani/pedi/eyebrows (it *IS* a vacation, after all...)
    - home-color hair
    - find some travel-activities online for the kids (mayflower wordsearch, that sort of thing...)

Busy, busy Hope y'all are having a good day!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast