April to-do Challenge - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just checking in, hoping you are all having a wonderful Easter.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Grr... computer glitched and lost my post, but that's probably for the best, since I was ranting. Bottom line of that was that I envy those of you with healthy, loving, supportive family relationships and hope you enjoyed Easter with your loved ones.

But because my family was coming over at least Hubs and the kids did a bit of cleaning, and at least I cleaned out the bathtub upstairs where the chicks have been hanging out.

Tomorrow (Monday):
    -work on the back yard-- the new fence is up, so I can plant along it without fear of trampling, but there is debris still to pick up, mowing to do, that sort of thing
    -trim the bushes along the driveway--they've suddenly gone crazy in the past week or two
    -and we'll just say "housework"--in whatever form I feel like doing it, there's plenty enough...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/2 for Sunday

For Monday:

1) Laundry
    2) Catch-up on finances
    3) Work in yard weeding/raking

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lazy day yesterday,

Monday
    repot some seedlings
    wash blankets
    pull some weeds, they are taking over

Z - sorry about your Easter, Wow on the fence!! It'[[s going to be so nice to have it up, I couldn't wait tgo get ours up, it sure does make a big difference!

ilc, Thank you.....

Jen, Hope you had a wonderful weekend...

The Bees should be here tomorrow the 22nd!!! Yeah, I can not wait to learn about honey bees!!! Right Z?
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I missed a day. Easter was great, very relaxing. Today, I straightened up all the stuff that gets out of place on a holiday, put away the folding chairs, and went and got an apple tree!! I am so excited about it, I can't stand myself. DH is going to plant it for me tomorrow after work.
    Tomorrow:
    1. clean bird cage
    2. mop kitchen floor
    3. work on straightening out the pantry.

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3 yesterday, though I never reached the mowing stage in the back yard.

Pinetree, the bees are shipping today. I have the tracking number and will be receiving updates on my phone whenever they hit a waypoint. The packages haven't even been picked up yet, and I'm not expecting them until tomorrow or Thursday... so excited!!! I'm on Bay-bee watch, wondering when the delivery will occur!

Today:
    - 5 hours at the garden center
    - laundry
    - yard work of some sort or other.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3

Tues
    tear off and wash the entire bed,
    wash living room drapes
    dust
    empty dishwasher
    vacuum bedroom
    put away T's blankets

Ok, give me a break, I got so far behind this last week, i need to do some catching up, plus the business is really picking up so I gotta get off my chair and get things taken care of

Feeling alot better today, its really hard not going though the routine of taking care of kitten, its been a habit for so long. The vet called last night and said we can pick her up today. The kids bought her a special urn, so maybe it willl help haiving her here, hope that doesn't sound really bad.

Z, I am so exxcited about your bees, you are going to have to let me know whats going on all the time!! Also so sorry about your Easter, we only have the two of us plus our son and his wife now, so holidays are kinda quiet,,

Jen, what kind of apple did you get?
    I have a red delicious, and we are trying to get a graft of a golden apple!! Love the applasauce, pies, etc from the red one, You are going to love it!!

My apple, plums, pears. are blooming and they are covered, peaches and cherries are getting ready.

ilc, thank you for all the support, I really appreciate it, and it helped me ALOT. I didn't realize you have 5, how cool!! I am down to 8 now, I only have 3 inside, the others want to be outside and free.

My garlic is about 8 inches tall and doing great, lawn is dark green, and I can see dandelions blooming so must get out htere befire thet go to seed, or I will really have a mess.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/6

I got the 2nd load in, and of course it was the curtains from the bedroom and the washer broke!, Just bought this stupid thing, the warranty just ended on it, so its not covered, ugh, again...

Giving up for the day and making dinner and taking it easy....

Wed
    check grocery sales
    help DH fix washer?
    finish the bed
    finish the curtains
    vacuum the bedroom
    fight the next fire.

Boy I need to check my spelling before I post, sorry guys!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, sorry to hear about your washer, our latest one hasn't broken (yet), but I hate, hate HATE not having a washer and dryer when they conk out...

And thanks about Easter. The short version of that is that my Mother can't be bothered to attend SD21's wedding next month...whole lotta baggage there.

The bees are at a "sorting facility" in Georgia according to the last update I got. I'm a little bummed because 1)If I wanted bees from Georgia, I wouldn't have ordered from a company in Virginia, now would I? 2)The USPS didn't even pick them up until after noon... poor little bugs-in-a-box!!! I'm hoping that they'll at least get in a truck and on the road tonight.

Anyway, I'm 2/3 today-- it was raining when I got home from the nursery, so no yard work. It's actually for the best, though, since DD10 was unbalanced, and the rain stopped her from running out of the house like she tends to do. Silver linings!

Wednesday:
    - more laundry
    - yard work or mending, depending on the weather
    - tbd...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, we got a golden delicious apple. I'd have liked a granny smith, but they didn't have any. I don't have a great big yard, but so far we have a grape vine, strawberry bed, cherry bushes that are 4 years old and have never bloomed, and now an apple tree. I also have 2 raised beds for veggies and DH is going to be building 2 more this Spring. I figure the more I grow, the less I have to buy. I do a lot of canning and have started drying some of my produce, too.

So sorry about your washer, I wish they would make things better. I hate buying new stuff!

3/3 today. Wasn't a great day, but acceptable pain levels.
    Tomorrow:

1. weed the front flower beds
    2. sort crochet patterns for project list.
    3. do some mending.

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Z, hope the bees get to you happy and healthy!

pinetree, we have always buried our kitties when they went to the Rainbow Bridge. We do have our doggies' ashes because they were just too big to bury in the yard. We would have needed a backhoe. So we had them cremated and they are both in the den with us always. Are you doing a little better? I haven't been on FV since Monday but now I've caught up reading through the posts and you seem to be handling things all right. It takes time. I lost my wonderful Maggie over 15 years ago and I still get teary sometimes about her.

2/3 for Monday
    Didn't post on Tuesday (I cooked all day) or today (went to vist DS)

For Thursday:

1) Catch up on recording expenses
    2) Pack away winter blankets etc.
    3) Help DH go through some boxes of tools in basement

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

6/6, yippee!
    Plus did some filing, paid some bills, vacuumed living room. cleaned off the table, washed a load of laundry and hung outside, cleaned off the headboard, washed down the walls I can get to, cleaned the blind, made mac salad, hand scrubed some stains off carpet, now I should be caught up alittle!!

Thurs
    vacuum the bedroom, wash windows & cat door
    wipe down and clean back storm door
    wash, dry rehang dining and living room drapes, clean blinds

I think I am tired!?

Washer seems to be working so am going to try and wash everything again,, I got 2 loads out today and it got cloudy and real windy, now its lightly raining.. guess theres always tomorrow. The bedroom smells like sunshine now! Forgot to say DH fixed the washer, thank goodness it didnt cost a cent!!

Z, are they here yet huh, huh, are they here?? Are they ok and happy and ready to eat? Oh I hope they are ok!!

Been there with Mom, sometimes it really hurts, I hope I never do that to my Son.

Jen, I am So green with envy you got a golden, did you get her planted?
    I have pie cherries, mine are trees, not bushes, so I am not sure what you have. Our new peach and pear trees are dwarfs, so they won't get so big and large. We had 4 pears last year, they are fun and I also can all of them, well and cobbler and jams.
    Hope you are feeling better!

ilc, I hope you enjoyed getting away for a day, sometimes it just feels good! Tho, I did miss you!!

I am doing better, still sad, and we still all break down, taking care of her all these years, its hard to try and do something else. DS use to work with her legs in ther morning, its hard on him, her not being here waiting for him. Trying to pick up kittens things and momma cat isnt happy, so will leave it until shes ready.

Its illegal here to bury pets, and we have always brought them back home, then if I move they can go too, The plan was they are all going with me.

Thank you all for the support. ( you do know my Dad's nickname for me is "crybaby" I really fit it too!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No news on the Bay-Bee watch. USPS website hasn't updated them since they went to the sorting facility??? But the expected delivery date is tomorrow, so I'm hopeful. I'd try pacing the floor, but that didn't make either of my daughters arrive any earlier, can't expect it to work on the buggies. I spent the evening re-reading up on how to install the bees, then watching tons of interesting videos on youtube. I've discovered a series by an Irishman who looks like Hugh Jackman and who keeps bees on the side from his landscaping business <SWOON!!!> Seriously, I have a netcrush!!! Oh, and they're actually informative, too... that's right-- I have a hot Irish beekeeping tutor... virtually speaking, anyway...

Anyway, 2/3 +2 today. My TBD was that I worked at the garden center... don't know why I didn't think to list that yesterday. Washed bunches of laundry and sorted very little of it. My +2 were that I baked (in the machine) bread to go with dinner, and, as previously mentioned, went on a youtube bee-bender (in my defense, I didn't just watch the adorable irish guy, there was a lot of good information from an old guy who dropped out of school in 7th grade and goes by the very appropriate alias "Fat Bee Man.") His stuff was a bit more advanced, splitting colonies and raising new queens and all that good stuff, but still fun to watch.

Tomorrow:
    - HOPEFULLY get the call to pick up my bees from the post office, pick them up, and get them settled in their new home
    - 5 hours at the garden center (they added me for tomorrow and Friday...)
    - get those other two uprights built before opening the bee cage, since there will be a short burst of hammering involved...

I am going to be *SO* pissed if they don't arrive in time for pick-up tomorrow... not only for their well-being and my sanity, but Hubs says we're doing something for our anniversary Friday night, and I don't think it involves 10,000 homeless bugs...

Pinetree--don't overdo it! But way to go on everything you got done today!

Sooooo ready for the bees to arrive!!! It's like Christmas--but little-kid Christmas when it was fun and exciting, not Mom-Christmas when it's all stress and exhaustion and mess... ;D

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

"hot Irish beekeeping tutor"----Zhoen, that's hilarious!!! I love it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ha, ha, ha you crack me up Z! lol,lol

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast