2014 To-Do Challenge - Page 11
Page 11 of 90 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

oh MM, I hope you aren't in pain due to that infection! And good for you for getting so much done!

pinetree, was your birthday weekend fantastic? Sure hope so!

Got all Saturday's stuff done. Yesterday (Sunday) I just relaxed after coming home from church, then made an apple pie, then watched the Tony awards while cleaning out/rearranging a bookcase. Cooked a couple of Tombstone pizzas for supper and my family was happy.

AND----the best of all-----DD says she has broken up with the boyfriend----I hope it's a permanent breakup. He is a jerk, a user, a player, a liar------can you tell he is bad news? What she sees in him we have no clue. He has alienated most of her friends and we had to tell her he was no longer welcome at our home due to some very disturbing behavior he displayed in front of us. We're hopeful that she has finally seen him for what he is.

For Monday:

1) Vacuum tile floors, they are really nasty
    2) Attach hutch to bookcase and decorate it
    3) Laundry

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning, Village!
    Well, yesterday it was a bit too muggy (not hot, just HUMID) for yard work, so no planting... did try the mower, which went for about 4 minutes, then flooded and stalled. An hour later, same thing... on the bright side, I've gotten the edges of the back, which is the most important, but I'm hoping after airing all night, it will cooperate this morning, if not, I'll just do what I can... yesterday was a bit boring, actually, because everyone one else was "plugged in" to stuff that didn't interest me, but it was too icky out to go do stuff outside, but I got a quality nap in, so that's something...

Monday:
    - mow until the mower stalls or it's done, whichever comes first
    - yardwork until it's done, or until 10:30, whichever comes first (it will be 10:30, guaranteed, the work is never-ending )
    - Going to an 11:10 showing of X-men while I still can. School goes to half-days on Friday, then is totally out next Wednesday...
    - Housework after the kids get home

Also going to work a bit on planning our summer activities. We're doing a theme for each week (total rip-off of their old daycare, but I don't have to be PC like they did...) Pinterest is sooooo awesome for this!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

0/0

Ok, I lied, I got all my spinach picked, cleaned, blanched and in the freezer. Going to have to pick again, maybe tomorrow. yea, its growing like crazy! Also got the peas to they have something to climb on, they are all happy now, tied back my bachelor buttons, they grow so fast they cant hold them selves up. Cut back the dead braches from the big climbing rose bush, pulled dill seeds off of heads we clipped off last year and dried, went thru the stored garlic, had to throw alot away, the rest put in the freezer, thinking about planting for a late season crop.

My day was spent in a sweatshirt and sweatpants, it only got to 57* about froze to death, after it being in the 90's, the kids surprised me with munchkins from dunkin donuts, I just love those things, and I really don't care for donuts, I am a danish eater, I got a turkey sub for lunch form firehouse subs, man was it good, then 1/2 rack ribs from texas roadhouse. and of course, chocolate cake, I ate a bite for everyone, plus I think I gained 5 pounds... I also took a big long nap, so that was most of my day.. oh yeah Dh gave me 8 planter, pots for the deck, in my favorite colors, yellow and orange,,, love them!

Sunday, was a lazy day too, spent most of the day watching where the tornados were hitting, we got hit with alot of rain and wind, the no damage, except the leaves and branches all over.. I wish this severe weather would calm down for while..but this is the time of year for it. I slept in late and took a long nap too!! ( momma cat has been up howling and calling for tazzie, I think shes thinking shes hiding somewhere, shes been waking me up almost every night, looking for her, so been up with her for about 4 hours during the night, worse than having a baby! ) Dh fixed dinner, so I didnt do much of anything.

Maui, hope that tooth gets fixed fast, that can really make you sick! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, have fun on the other island!

ilovechocolate, I feel so bad for you and your daughter, its got to be hard on her, worse on you, wish I could make it all go away!

Z, want to borrow my lawnmower?

Jen take care!

Thank you all so very much for the birthday wishes, It means alot.

Monday
    run, empty dishwasher
    sweep off both porches
    vacuum up cat hair
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3 today. It was an easy day. Have a slight headache now, but that might be from too much sun and humidity. Hubby is getting a cold and won't admit it, so I'm in for a treat later this week.(He'll be whining)

Tomorrow:

1. rearrange furniture in living room.
    2. find a better place to store candy supplies. the bin is in the way where it sits right now.
    3. wipe down picture frames in living room.

Have a great day, everybody!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree-- thanks, but I gave up and borrowed my parents 800 year old electric POS... 18 inch swath, sounds like a blender, but got the job done... (feel free to think of me the next time you need to divide those walking onions, though! )

My, my, what a day... started off fine, mowed until it stalled and then worked on weeding some beds along a fence and prepping some other beds I've been meaning to get to for AGES... discovered that whatever came in under the fence and took out 2 of my 4 chickens the other night came back for the other two last night. I am temporarily chickenless Finished the beds and discovered it was only 9:45, but I was so gross and dirty I quit anyway... got cleaned up, headed out for the movies, and discovered I'd missed THREE calls... yeah, DD10 had field day got lightheaded in the heat, so she wound up coming home... could have been worse, I was still at home... could have already been at the mall, ticket bought, $100 popcorn in hand...

So, since we all know we don't reward kids for skipping school, movie was postponed and tomorrow's errands became today's. I: got my glasses repaired; picked up a prescription; went to the bank; went to the library; went to the gas station; borrowed, used, and returned the mower, and essentially just dragged the kid around and bored her to death. Then I came home and transplanted some pumpkins and pole beans in the beds I prepared this morning and watered everything. Also got the trash, leaves, and recycling to the curb. Then just now I was working on planning summer activities--Michaels is doing $2 craft sessions and a couple of them line-up with our themes, just had to re-arrange the weeks, which then meant choosing a different ballgame to go to, but now "sports week" lines up better with the swim lessons Hubs wants them to have. Also got the calendar of library events, some of which line up and some don't, but we'll do them anyway (c'mon, Steel drums??? Can't miss out on that just because it isn't music week yet!!!) So it's starting to come together.

So, 1.5/3 for today, +many... The .5 is because the only housework I did was 2 loads of laundry.

Tuesday:
    - Go see Xmen, really, even if my kid is in a coma!
    - Get the passenger-side blinker replaced (hopefully at the mall while I'm at the movie!)
    - yardwork (deliberately vague)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Drama City over here. DD, who had been told by now-ex-boyfriend (AKA The Jerk) that she had to choose between him and her best friend of many years, has now reconciled with best friend and they are thrilled. (We are too. We love DD's best friend---she's a good influence on DD and is very loyal.) DD told us that The Jerk has been sending her threatening text messages and has even told her he will steal Jaxx the puppy from us. WHAT A JERK!!!!!! We are hoping she'll block his number but I think she is still harboring a little hope that they can work things out. We also told her to change all her passwords to things that he could have access to. I mean, this guy cannot be trusted. We also told her that if he continued to give her problems we would bring legal action against him. I truly don't think he's dangerous----for one thing, he doesn't even have a car plus he's lazy. He's just a jerk.

Anyway, with everything going on yesterday, I got very llittle done.

For Tuesday:

1) See Monday's list
    2) See Monday's list
    3) See Monday's list

pinetree, your weekend sounds great (except for the storms part). I'm glad you had a good one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy, Happy Birthday to your son ilovechocolate!! Hope he has a wonderful day!! They grow up so fast, don't they... Eat lots of cake for me!!

Hang on with the boyfriend, feel for you, I really dont know why some of these guys are so stupid. Hope it all works out ok, boy I would really watch them both. Sounds like he's just shooting off his mouth.

Z, sorry, I didn't even think about shipping these onions, But, I can wait until they throw out their little bulbs, and send you millions of them!! Yippeee, I can get rid of a bunch more, We have thousands of them, I hate to throw them away, I started 3 more beds of them which was a mistake, should have left them in one area. Sure love them tho, these are extra special ones, from Nebraska, Thats what DH's Dad told us when he brought us a huge bag of them!

What got your chickens? Thats so sad. You will have to lay wire down from your fence and bury it in the dirt, so things cant dig under.

Jen, Hoping your DH stays healthy!!

2/3

Tues
    vacuum, have to
    pay bills
    check a couple grocery store ads

Stay safe everyone!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

0/3 today. Sis in law had a car emergency, so I was running around with her today. Terrible time for it, too. Her daughter had graduation rehearsal and had to be picked up right in the middle of the mess. Thankfully she got the car fixed and we don't have to run around tomorrow...it's graduation day!

Tomorrow:

1. Bake a cake for graduation celebration.
    2. go to Dollar Tree for a few things.
    3. weed around my popcorn plants.

Have a great day, everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree-- I wish I knew what got the chickens, because if it's anything but a fox, I'd happily kill it myself (foxes are so adorable, I wouldn't be able to hurt one...) We're still working on shoring up the bottoms of the old parts of the fenceline. There is room under the gates for cats to come through (I've seen 'em... both mine and the neighbor cat who likes to come over and prune the catnip for me.) And while cats are welcome in our yard, that space means a 'coon or an opossum can get in, too... so I'll be working on all the spots where "monsters" can still get in, and we'll just have to be sure to herd the chickens to bed well before the sun sets.

Meanwhile, we got FIVE new hens today. I never really wanted that many, but they are already laying, under a year old, from a good home, and a good price...but it was a package deal... so I ran with it. Saves me a long drive to an iffy chicken-swap on Saturday! They came from a good-sized backyard flock where I think they spent most of their time in a run, which they had totally stripped bare, so they went a little nuts when we let them loose in the yard. And being from a bigger group, they got stupid-excited when DD7 started throwing them bread chunks. It was very cute. Not so much when they decided to dig up my dill seedlings in the herb garden, but oh well, we'll all adjust And speaking of herbs, yes, send me some bulbs when they set! I've always wanted walking onions! They are just so damned cool-looking!!!

So 2/3 today--it was alternately rainy and muggy (like condensation on the windows muggy!) But I finally got to see the movie and got the blinker fixed. And +1 for getting new chickens and washed 2 loads of laundry.

Wednesday:
    - housework (never-ending)
    - yardwork (weather permitting)
    - reading some of the new books I paid wayyy too much for yesterday, but the library didn't have 'em...

The hens have to stay cooped tomorrow (they have an open run area so they have fresh air/sunshine/greens) so they can get used to the idea that this is now "home." But I have no doubt the girls will bring them greens and treats after school, and I'll let the girls take care of checking for eggs... it will be *SO* nice to have laying hens again... our other girls were still too young... seems like forever!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, DD seems to be broken up with The Jerk for over 48 hours now! We still are steeling ourselves for her to go back to him but she is spending lots of time with her best friend who we know is helping her stay strong.

Got the hutch/bookcase cobbled together yesterday and it looks really good. DH helped me without complaining too much.

For Wednesday:
    1) Take Jaxx to vet for final puppy shots and to get flea meds for all the critters
    2) Vacuum
    3) Laundry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3

Wed, yea, 1/2 way thru the week!
    check coupons
    work
    figure out grocery list

found hambuger on sale for 1.99 lb, its 85, so not too bad, Dh is thinking about buying a mess of it, also get this... 4oz hambuger patties, .99 lb, this one is hard to believe, wondering if its a misprint, if not, am stocking up on that one No questions asked! We havent seen prices like this for months, maybe years...

ilovechocolate, praying she stays away from him, too bad you can't see things when you are younger .Hopefully this will make her stronger. I watched a wicked strom hit atlanta yesterday, was wondering if it would get you, a storm chaser was live streaming from down there. Stay safe!

Jen, have fun at graduation!, eat cake for me!!

Z, the onions are yours, will save them all for you, should be about a month.
    I guess you are right with whats digging under the fence, the shunk we had would dig under, she ate the neighbors eggs, but never killed her chickens, shes thinking now that it was the fox.
    We have a slat on the bottom of the fence cut out for the cats, especially where there is a bush, it helps the bigger animals from getting in, also have one cut out on the back gate, the boys go in and out but it keeps the dogs etc out, its only about 5 inches tall, yep they do knock themselves in the noggin once in awhile! But gives them an escape route.

Great job on the new chickens and free eggs to boot! That should safe you some bucks, those eggs are expensive here.

Better get busy, news just said our severe storms are back, wow a 2 day break, guess its better than nothing, but its getting pretty old. We sure dont need the rain, the rivers and lakes are full from the snow runoff in the mountains. so its either drought or flooding..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1.5/3 yesterday... did zero housework, minimal gardening, but did read a lot. DD10 stayed home with a grumpy tummy, and we napped a lot.

Today:
    -meeting with the school in 40 minutes. Ugg.
    -call for dr apt
    -something useful... don't know what yet, but something

Oh, but I did find a last-minute opening to camp at Assateague (state park side this time) next Thursday night. We got stormed out when we tried in May, but we have a new tent now and are going to try again as part of our official "summer opening ceremonies." The nice part about the state park is that they have heated showers, the national park doesn't.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3

thurs
    clean cat water bowls
    clean out fridge
    sweep, mop kitchen floor

Well found out the patties are .99 each, not per lb, the hambuger has a limit of 5 lbs, so that throws a wench in the picture.. oh well...
    Woke up to rain, so laundry will have to wait, maybe will do some baking, its kinda chilly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oops, Missed a day. Had a good day, got some things accomplished, just forgot to check in here. DH didn't get very sick, so I dodged that bullet, but I didn't dodge the stupid cold. I'm dealing with sore throat and earache. Hopefully it won't get worse than that.

Tomorrow:

1. go to Sharp Shopper for a stock up.
    2. work out budget plan for next month.
    3. Take down and wash curtains in LR & DR.

Have a fantastic day, everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3 yesterday, completely forgot to call the dr's office... putting that off until next week now... but the meeting went well, and after that my "useful" activities were to go to target for a few things we needed, and in the evening I nagged the kids until they did a couple of chores.

Non-useful, but worthwhile: I went to the mall and walked around. That probably sounds odd, but it was worthwhile because it reminded me I'm not missing anything. It was lunchtime on a rainy day, so more crowded than normal (maybe) and maybe more "average" people were there than might have been on a sunny day... but of the hundreds of people I saw there, only three had what I would call genuine smiles as they interacted with others. Only two made eye contact with me (not counting the sales and sample people who did their jobs.) And the pretty things I'd glimpsed while running through to the movies the other day were still pretty, but reality-check, not something I'd actually have use for in my life. I admit to feeling a little "jones-y" after I dashed through the other day, so this was the cure... taking a closer look.

Today: school is early-release until it lets out for summer next Wednesday, so not much time for running around without the kids. So I won't...
    -little bit of housework
    -take the kids to Six Flags (we have season passes and free parking, so only cost is gas and snacks)
    -yardwork if the humidity lets up (it's mosquito mania out there!)
    -maybe go to the craft stores for a couple things for our summer activities... maybe not...

I'm not feeling very motivated today!

Page 11 of 90 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast