2014 To-Do Challenge - Page 2
Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3

instead of reading the paper, etc, I had to strip down the bed and wash everything, cat decided to get sick on it, ugh

Monday
    finish up a couple jobs
    more laundry
    clean off the dryer, its become a catch-all lately

got the leek planted, DH and DIL picked it up, they decided ane bunch wasn't enough so they got 2, we now have 200 leek plants in the ground, I sure hope they neighbors like it, cause we are going to have alot to get rid of. I don't think I can freeze that many! I don't know what they were thinking, I only use a few a year!

Mauimagic, good to see you back, did you have a wonderful vacation!?

Have a good week!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Too bad we don't live closer - love leeks! Vacation was lovely. Made me realize that I really don't know how much longer I can continue our lifestyle - lots to think about.

Have made a big dent in the LR & kitchen, then did pool exercises - back home to hopefully finish up the two rooms!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3 today, but I haven't found my stupid camera, yet. I can't imagine where it could be. I only have a few spots to put stuff I don't use a lot and it's not in any of them.
    Oh well, on to tomorrow:

1. go get blood tests.
    2. 1 load of laundry.
    3. file crochet patterns I printed out this weekend.

Hoping to work on some crochet Christmas gifts this month. I like to get ahead of it.

Jen

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Way off-track with DS home and us moving some furniture around and new puppy and various other things. I'm getting back into it tomorrow.

So for Tuesday:

1) Errands (DH's sister's house, pick up prescriptions, grocery store, Lowe's)
    2) Go through 2 boxes of tools from basement
    3) Mop tile floors

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Got sidetracked in the dining area yesterday, and that's okay since it was going on my list for today anyway!

Monday
    1. pick up friend for our dr visits on the other side DONE
    2. Finish clean up of LR, dining area and kitchen
    3. Vacuum upstairs

All of which I shall finish after my nap!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Morning, My Dears!

Last few days have been busy, highlights include planting all our seeds, painting the picnic table, and hubs getting two more fence-post-holes dug. Lowlights include a rousing game of "where the hell is that SMELL coming from?" finding GIANT root junctions right where the last two fence holes need to go, and that sort of thing.

Today, although it is cool and cloudy, rain is not in the forecast, so I'm planning to rent a metal saw and take out the posts I couldn't get to last week due to the weather. Assuming that goes well, I'll be taking them to the dump. And, unfortunately, when I looked in on the bees Saturday, I didn't see what I was looking for, so this afternoon after the sun is out and the temperature peaks, I'm going to try again. All the websites are a bit useless about what to do in this case... the best I could find was "wait a few days and look again." If there were eggs too small for me to see on Saturday, then there should be larvae by now... I'm doing my best not to panic. I'd be in there right now, but it will be 10 degrees warmer this afternoon, and if there *ARE* babies in there, then waiting for the warmest part of the day is what's best for them. Fingers crossed!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We'll I ended the day still at 1/3.

Tuesday
    1. 7PM presentation to church group - finish prepping this morning

After I finish the above, I will add to my list!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1/3

Tues
    laundry I didn't do
    clean off dryer, I didn't do
    water plants

Maui, Sure wish there was a way I could ship some of these leek to you, but when my Dad was was over there, learned shipping can take awhile, and it would probably cost a fortune to next day them. Think I will check into it tho

Z, Good Luck with the bee's, Hopefully they have eggs and you will be ok. Sounds like your yard is really coming together.

Jen, I do the same thing, put something away so I know where it is and can't find it again!

ilc, sure sounds like you are having a blast with your new puppy!! Sorry, I just saw about your Mom, sounds like you miss her alot.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3 early today! Well, I cheated a little, I had an early appointment for blood work, so I put in a load of laundry before I left. Done and folded an hour after I got home. Can you tell I'm proud of myself? Next to cleaning bathrooms, laundry is one of my least liked chores. The crochet patterns are filed, but I got a little distracted by all the pretty pictures, so it took a while longer than it should have.

Tomorrow:

1. Help SIL pick out an outfit for formal dinner on the 14th.
    2. Go through closet for donations.
    3. go through shoes and trash the ones we don't wear.

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great news! My baybees are having babies!!! Yay! When I looked in the hive again today, I saw larvae and a few dozen "capped brood," which are the equivalent of a caterpillar already in the chrysalis. I am *SO* relieved. If anything happens to the queen now, the colony will be able to "grow" a new one out of the eggs and larvae they already have, but they could only do that if she started laying in the first place... which obviously she has, so hopefully she will keep it up and the colony will thrive. The colony will dwindle in numbers over the next three weeks as the older bees complete their lifespan until the babies I saw today start hatching out... but as long as the queen is laying eggs, things will be fine.

So, 3/3 today... got a saw (had to buy it, they didn't rent what I needed, but oh well), cut out all the old metal posts (my bee suit doubled as AWESOME protective gear from all those flying grains of metal!) and got it all hauled to the dump. Also, as I mentioned, I checked in on my baybees, picked up a few things at Dollar Tree for our upcoming camping trip this weekend, and also returned the extra saw blades I didn't need to Home Depot--where I confess I bought a couple of the low-grade roses that I remember used to be $4, but these days go for $8... Oh, and since the saw I bought has done all I needed it for, I didn't feel bad about abusing it working to cut the roots out from where my fence posts need to go. UGG!!! I made a dent, but seriously, it's like sawing through underground TREES!!!

Still to do tonight:
    - pick up DD10's meds from the pharmacy
    - watch trash TV

Tomorrow:
    - 5 hours at the nursery
    - plant the roses
    - stop in at Ace to look at paints

So, all in all, a very productive day! Hope y'all are doing well!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sweet of you to think of me Pinetree! Could you dehydrate your looks?

Well my presentation is as good as it is going to get. Now on to other projects for today!
    Living room
    1. Clean off chairs
    2. Clean off sofa
    3. Vacuum

Exercise in the pool!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3

but I cooked 5 lbs of crumbles, made mac salad, cleaned the micowave so that should count as 3.

Wed
    vacuum
    dust
    bring in all the seedlings,

we are suppose to getting a bunch of rain, so will have to work inside. maybe I can paint the bathroom, will think on that one.

Z= yippeee on the bees!! Wow, babies!!! Too bad we aren't closer, I have rose bushes I would have given you, they came from a big rose garden they sell every few years.

MM, funny you said that, I asked for a dehydrater for mothers day... maybe I can dry them in the oven... sure wish I could join you in those pool exercises ( green with envy!)

Jen, WTG!!

ilc, hows the little one doing?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3 today. Didn't get to the shoes, the clothes took longer than I thought. It's rainy here, and I really wish it would stop. It always makes me hurt.

Zhoen, Yay, Baybees! I got a free kindle book about beekeeping, and I know I couldn't do it, but I would so love to try it!

Tomorrow:

1. Cull my magazines. I get a couple free subscriptions, and they tend to pile up.
    2. Shred and soak all those da** credit card checks they keep sending. I never use them, you'd think they'd get the hint!
    3. Go through yarn and pull out some for Christmas projects. (OK, this is a fun one, but I really want to do it.)

Hope everybody has a great tomorrow!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1/3 yesterday... didn't stop at the store or plant the roses, both because it POURED all afternoon. :/

Today:
    -five hours at the garden center
    -clean out the fridge
    -DD10's band concert tonight

And anything else I can manage if the weather shapes up.

Jen, if you don't do it already, consider taking your old magazines with you to your Dr appointments. I just tear the address labels off mine and leave them in the waiting rooms for other people to read. I dropped off a couple at the VA back in February, where there was just NOTHING to read, and it made me giggle to see an 80 year old man flipping through Family Circle (to be fair, he did the puzzles in the back, but it was still funny!)

Ok, gotta go get dressed, I suppose. Hope y'all have a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I only did 1/3 on Tuesday, and I didn't post yesterday (don't remember why), so here's for Thursday:

1) Mop tile floors
    2) Get recycling together
    3) Straighten up breakfast room and den

Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast