2014 To-Do Challenge - Page 3
Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1/3

thurs
    vacuum
    dust
    start cleaning up yard

got pelted with hail last night, could have been worse, tornados missed us. Hail took out a patch of onions, will cut them off, along with some other plants that come up every year, trees got stripped of all the flowers and alot of leaves. Everything that was blooming is gone. severe weather again today but not as bad.....
    Was going to plant veggies on the 11th, but we are thinking we will wait another week.....
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3

fri
    make out deposit
    dishwasher
    clean up junk mail
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, glad to hear you are safe!

2/3 today. Don't feel like cleaning out the fridge... in a rotten mood because Hubs was just a toxic turd tonight... but I did get a bunch of work done in the yard, including getting those roses in and mowing the front yard and most of the back (there are things that have to be moved around each time.)

Friday:
    -5 hours at the nursery
    -clean out the fridge for reals, 'cuz it's scary in there!
    -figure out the details of our camping trip this weekend and do some packing/organizing for that

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3 today I never got to the yarn. Oh, well.
    Pinetree, I'm so glad you're safe. Some of those storms scare the he** out of me!

Tomorrow:

1. 8AM Doctor appointment. Last one, she's moving back to TX. I'll miss her a lot, she has helped me so much.
    2. go get cat food.
    3. plant my popcorn seeds. (free sample came today)

Have a great day!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3

sat
    work
    shred papers
    cat boxes

Z, have a good time camping!!

Today we have been married 34 yrs, where does the time go? wow....

Been asking for courage from these storms, man what a wild spring, had to turn the heat on, got down to 37*, looks like snow on sunday, praying our trees don't freeze, We really dont want to lose all the fruit again, they were all covered with blooms, going to have a huge harvest if they make it....

Have a great weekend!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree I'm so glad you are ok from the storms. Hope all the plants are okay too. And congrats on 34 years! What did you/are you doing to celebrate?

Didn't post yesterday, just busy, so back on track for Saturday.

1) Laundry
    2) Record recent expenditures
    3) Organize one shelf of pantry

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Happy anniversary Pinetree! Marriage longevity is a wonderful thing these days!

Yesterday is over - thank goodness so on to today!

Saturday - bedroom day

1. CLEAR OFF THE WHOLE BED (yes, I am shouting at myself)
    2. Change sheets
    3. Laundry

Sunday

1. Find medical notes
    2. Call Mom and stop by to see D
    3. Check out what is in family room

Monday
    1. Call HMSA & Medicare
    2. ASB deposit
    3. Egami - 10:30 - bring bday card for Conchita

For personal reasons, I needed to do through Monday

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Never got to post on Friday, but since I got nothing done, I guess it doesn't matter. I did get the list done today, though. Can I count it?

It's raining tonight, so I hope I'll be able to sleep. Tomorrow is Mothers Day, so I'm not likely to get anything done. I'll just clean up the mess on Monday.

Have a happy Mothers Day, everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

"Gone Fishing"

have a wonderful Mothers Day!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Six pm and I just woke up from a four hour nap - was worth it as I feel human again - not going to push it too much tonight. Will just add today's list to tomorrow's!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

0/3 for Saturday. We had to puppy-sit Jaxx since DD was working. He is a handful, but so cute, and he is really trying to be a good boy. We are blessed that years ago we put up a big (30 x 30) dog pen for our then-dogs. DH had recently been talking about taking it down but something kept telling me to keep it. It has really come in handy. It's big enough that a little puppy can run and run and run and get lots of exercise while safe.

For today (Sunday):

1) Enjoy my family
    2) Do as little as possible
    3) Possibly take a nap

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Taking a quick break, so I decided to stop in. DH & I are cutting back the holly tree so my cherries and grapes get more sun. My kids bought me my herbs for Mothers Day, and they will go in next. (A few years ago I asked them to stop buying flowers and start buying me herbs and veggies for MD and Easter. It works out wonderfully.) DH is grilling steaks and bakes for dinner. Life is good.

Tomorrow:

1. Pull weeds in tomato bed.
    2. Plant herbs.
    3. clean off desk.(it's looking pretty bad again)

Have a great day, everybody!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

be back later for tomorrow, busy, busy, this snow isnt helping, now we are going to have hard freezes for the next two nights.. ugh, I really have been doing more than 3 a day, I am freezing, the high today is 37*, praying for warm weather!!

Hope you all had a nice day yesterday, It's sad how families are now days, I feel So bad for some of these Mothers that their kids treat them horrible.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi y'all!

Soooo... the camping was distastrous! ;D Literally as soon as the tent was set up and the fire was blazing, a squall blew in, destroyed our tent (we were safe inside the van), soaked our linens, and soaked our firewood (for the record, my fire was STILL burning after 45 minutes of gale-force winds and driving rains, thank you very much!) So we threw away the tent, packed up the linens, and headed down the road to Ocean City.

Since I really wanted to wake up looking at the ocean, we splurged on an ocean-front balcony room, and because it was still pre-season, we were able to find one with a kitchenette, huge balcony, and even on the boardwalk, for a price that was not prohibitive... the beds were wonderful, and we cooked our dinner in the hotel room, roasted marshmallows over the burner, and made s'mores. The kids loved the indoor pool, and the hot shower was really nice, since the national park we were going to camp in does NOT have hot showers... In the morning, I cooked my special mother's day breakfast in the kitchenette (haven't cooked bacon in a frying pan in YEARS... what a pain!) and then we ate it out on the balcony overlooking the ocean. I'd brought along leftover Cinco De Mayo margarita blend, and we had some on the rocks before bed on Saturday (because I've always WANTED to stay in an ocean front hotel in OC, get drunk and make bad choices... sort of a locals' rite of passage that I never had money for when I was younger...) So in the morning, we had stuffed strawberry French toast, bacon, eggs, and I mixed the last of the margarita blend with orange juice and didn't share with Hubs! Then we went to the ocean for a couple of hours, cleaned up and checked out, went mini-golfing, then returned to Assateague where DD6 got to fly her kite and DD10 picked up a ridiculous amount of shells. Oh, and at the beach in OC, we saw DOLPHINS!!! I've always heard they were around, but I've never actually SEEN them before, so that was really really cool! And of course we saw the wild horses on Assateague.

So, the camping part was a total bust, but the overall trip was good, just a bit more expensive than planned... today the girls were too whiny to go to school and I was too exhausted to argue with them, so we slept the day away and I did take them out to get their hair trimmed. I also am almost done washing and drying all the linens that got soaked.

Tonight:
    Trash to the curb

Tomorrow (Tuesday)
    - check in on the bees
    - clean out the van
    - Take DD10 to Dr appt, going to have to pull both girls out of school for that, since there's no way we'll be back in time to meet the bus for DD6.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Love to start each day fresh. I did get my shot in my knee this morning and delivered a birthday card. Then I took a nap. Figured out some changes I want to make to the LR. This will involve:

1. Clear off the buffet in the LR
    2. Find new homes for all of the above.
    3. Clean and move the ship model to the buffet
    -break-
    4. Move the craft storage downstairs.
    5. Slide the bookshelf to the left
    6. Clean off the top of bookshelf & put copier on topTHAT SHOULD DO IT FOR NOW,

Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast