2014 To-Do Challenge - Page 4
Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For Tuesday:

1) Mop tile floors (many little puppy paw prints)
    2) Make grocery list
    3) Make menu list for next few days

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

trying to get back on track

Tues
    vacuum
    run and empty dishwasher
    cover plants back up
    wipe down appliances
    pay bills

aww, little puppy prints, how cute! I used to babysit weiner dogs, I would have little nose prints and paw prints everywhere, sure miss them, they both passed.

Z, sounds like your camping trip ended up being wonderful! I would love waking up with the ocean outside!! Hows The Bees?

Maui, thoughts are with you.

The snow is almost gone, but we are getting hard freeze again tonight, 20* so trying to keep things covered for the night, we arent sure if we have lost fruit yet, we ended up with alittle more than 4 inches of snow, holy cow, it was like getting winter back, had to drag out the winter coats, gloves, boots,, ugh. Its suppose to get back in the 70"s for the weekend. Got 1-3/4 inches of water out of it, so we are pretty soaked up, rivers are running really high again.. At least we didnt have the tornados this time,, what a spring!!

The kids are on vacation this week, so I am not getting much done, they didn't go anywhere, so they are here visiting most of the day, thats ok I'll take em! It's nice to have them around.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

1. DONE. Clear off the buffet in the LR.
    2. Find new homes for all of the above.
    3. Clean and move the ship model to the buffet
    -break-
    4. Move the craft storage downstairs.
    5. DONE. Slide the bookshelf to the left.
    6. DONE. Clean off the top of bookshelf & put copier on top.

friend called last night - she and her DH need a ride home from the hospital on the other side today. Shall do, but otherwise, I am working on the above.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Missed a day. Sometimes things get the best of me. Starting over.

Tomorrow:

1. 1 Load of Laundry.
    2. make a batch of caramel candy.
    3. Start sorting through craft stuff, again.

Have a great day, everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The bee report: I checked the "lower box" where I'd seen larvae and capped cells last week, and found lots more. I also found a number of "queen cells" which indicate that the colony may-or-may-not be planning to replace the queen (either because they think she's doing a bad job, something happened to her, or they're just feeling snarky... we're talking about a community of 10000 females, after all...) But while I admit to "opening" (effectively destroying) a couple of the queen cells out of curiosity, overall I am going with the laissez-faire method of beekeeping--ie-the girls can handle themselves...

So this time I looked in the "upper box" as well (last time didn't really think to...) Umm... wow! LOTS and LOTS of capped cells for new worker bees, as well as a few "drone cells" that will hatch out male. The males are fairly useless to their own hive... their mother, the queen, is already mated long before they come along, and if the colony hatches a new queen (their sister,) then she'll fly out to find drones from OTHER hives to mate with. So really, the drones exist only as a courtesy to any other hives out there... The don't forage or tend the babies... I wonder that they do all day? At any rate, TONS of great-looking capped worker cells, a few drone cells, but many more queen cells.

I'm really hoping the bees don't overthrow their current queen... she seems to be doing a pretty good job, and a new queen would have to hatch out, wait 6 days to mature, then go out and mate, THEN come back and start laying... that's a lot of lost time, IMHO... so unless something has happened to the queen (doubtful based on how many wonderful new capped cells I saw, but possible, I suppose...) I hope they stick with the queen they have... but if not, well, at least they're prepared!

So that's the report for now. I'm guessing the oldest capped cells would be about 10 days into the 21-day gestation cycle, so about halfway there to my first "homegrown" bees! Still no finished, capped honey that I've seen, just lots of syrup and pollen saved in open cells. I went ahead and filled the empty feeder with the last of the big bucket of syrup, just to use it up as the weather is starting to get hotter.

Meanwhile, in bunnyville: My very prolific doe, aptly named (by the children) "Big Mama," has clearly demonstrated to my daughters that actions have consequences, "just once" can be once too many, and that pregnancy and motherhood can SUCK!!! The girls let her out for a "play date" with her buck about a month ago, and as of this morning, my poor girl has seven new babies to contend with just as the weather gets hot and we are set to go out of town in two weeks! Ergh! But. Mother and babies are doing well, despite the heat today.

And in the garden: corn is up, beans of all colors are up, cukes, zukes, squash, and pumpkins are all up. First little blossoms starting on the tomatoes. I figured out why my radishes are taking SO long to mature... because they aren't radishes, they're beets! Ooops...

So this is always where it gets hard-- just as the "good" plants are really taking off, the weeds are, too, meanwhile the weather is getting less fun to be out in... but since I'm not working anymore (well, unless you count the nursery, and that's just one more week,) I'm hoping I'll be able to keep it all under control. Fingers crossed.

Ok, so anyway, 2/3 today +2

-dr apt was ok
    -the bees are doing great, except for that whole thing with the possibility of many new princesses
    - but didn't clean out the car

But I did do about an hour of speed-cleaning this morning, and was just sitting down to take a break when I got a call from the nursery asking if I could come in and cover for someone who is out sick. So I did that, just for 3 hours until I had to go pick up my kiddo for the dr appt.

Tomorrow:
    -five hours at the nursery
    -more cleaning (deliberately vague)
    -garden work (also deliberately vague...)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had a quiet day went to work then came home relaxed. Put away some clothes that I washed this morning. Then dh came home so we went grocery shopping. Then Ai made supper.then we went to a local hardwares open house. Came home & made dark chocolate brownies yum! Took the dog for a walk then had a warm brownie (: & relaxed w/dh.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

3. DONE. Clean and move the ship model to the buffet
    -break-
    4. Move the craft storage downstairs.
    5. DONE. Slide the bookshelf to the left.
    6. DONE. Clean off the top of bookshelf & put copier on top.

DONE. Pick up friend & her DH from hospital & bring home
    DONE. Laundry

It is taking much longer than I ever thought or would admit to organizing all the stuff I am moving around, so shall continue tomorrow. Also adding to the last

Wednesday
    Pick D up & take her to the oncologist & Costco

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3

wed
    uncover all the plants
    clean off top of hutch
    spot clean kitchen rugs

Z - wtg on the bees!! Hope they keep doing what they should be doing, learning alot, hopefully I can get a hive in the future.

Go Maui Go!! You are really getting things done!

Jen, hope you are feeling better, thanks, have a great day too

Trishagirl, the browies sound great!!

hugs, ilc...
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1/3 today. Just the laundry. I just had a bad day...tomorrow will be better.

Zhoen, thanks for the bee update. I just love hearing about them!

ILC, how's the puyppy doing?

MM, sounds like progress. WTG!

Pinetree, I hope your weather settles down and your plants are ok.

Trishagirl, sounds like a nearly perfect day!

Tomorrow:

1. Grocery discount store. I go once a month and stock up on the really good deals.
    2. Make caramels if I have the energy. I'm really hungry for them.
    3. Look over pantry & freezer & make list of things I didn't find at the discount place.

Have a great day everybody!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3 for Tuesday

Today (Wednesday) DH and I spent the day with my best friend and her son helping her do shopping etc. for a big Gideons meeting on Saturday. We met for lunch then shopped all afternoon. We helped her unload the Gideon stuff at church then went to her house where we helped unload personal purchases. DH also planted some stuff for her since her husband is out of town. She and I did some weeding while he planted. Then DH and I shopped at Aldi for some things and got home just before the storms hit. He grilled some steaks we had in the freezer and I did sides and have just now sat down to visit the Village. All in all, a really nice day.

Sounds like everyone has been busy as well!

For Thursday:

1) Mop those puppy paw prints (didn't get to them on Tuesday)
    2) Laundry
    3) Work on some financial stuff with DH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

4. Move the craft storage downstairs

It is taking much longer than I ever thought or would admit to organizing all the stuff I am moving around, so shall continue tomorrow. Also adding to the last

Wednesday
    Pick D up & take her to the oncologist & Costco DONE

Today went on until 8 PM. Turned out my friend needs 4-6 weeks of radiation. So I made dinner for her & her DH so we could talk about it. He is 90 and wheelchair bound and she is 83 and his caretaker. Thankful I am here to help out.

Thursday
    1. Pick up S at 9AM and do to the other side to check out a new placement for her two children with severe autism
    2. Move chairs in LR

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3

thurs
    clean bathroom - done
    load, run. unload dishwasher - done
    dust, clean off shelf of hutch - done
    grocery list and coupons, working on it

Trying to get things in the house done, we are going to try and plant the garden this weekend, tell you what, that snow storm sure didnt hurt the weeds any, they are sprouting and growing like crazy... suppose to be nice this weekend,, finally

ilc, glad you are safe from the storms, there sure are alot this spring!

Jen, hope your doing better, this weather can really affect people

Maui - you are an angel, I am praying your friend goes thru her radiation with flying colors, that was really the hardest part for my Dad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It is taking much longer than I ever thought or would admit to organizing all the stuff I am moving around, so shall continue tomorrow.

Thursday
    1. DONE Pick up S at 9AM and do to the other side to check out a new placement for her two children with severe autism
    2. Move chairs in LR. Will be done after I take a nap.

Didn't sleep well last night and #1 took five hours to accomplish. Nap first and then #2!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3 today. I didn't make my candy. I got some great deals at Sharp Shopper, and have a very small list for tomorrow at Giant. We're supposed to have some strong storms the next few days, so I expect I'll have some difficulties, but I've decided to try to maintain a better attitude. Pain sucks, but I do have so many good things in my life that I appreciate so much.

Tomorrow:

1. Grocery store & pick up prescriptions. Thankfully a small list.
    2. Clean stairs and railings, it felt a little tacky today, so it's time to clean.
    3. 1 Load of kitchen laundry.

Have a fantastic day, everyone!!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

2. Find new homes for all stuff displaced by moving things around

It is taking much longer than I ever thought or would admit to organizing all the stuff I am moving around, so shall continue until I get it done!

Thursday
    1. DONE Pick up S at 9AM and do to the other side to check out a new placement for her two children with severe autism
    2. DONE. Move chairs in LR. Will be done after I take a nap.

I love how the LR looks by moving the chairs!

Friday
    1. Call Medicare re coverage
    2. Pick up D at 9:00 for blood tests and grocery shopping
    3. Clear off the space between the chair and shell case

Jen, you have the best attitude! I am so glad you are here!

Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast