Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3

fri
    vacuum, again
    finish grocery list
    pull weeds

have a great weekend!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning, y'all!

So... I really don't know what the heck I'm doing today! I think I'm going to:
    -clean the kitchen
    -sort some laundry
    -clean the bathrooms

But with the heavy rain, the garden center will be empty today, so when I got there and they were trying to figure out what to do with everyone scheduled who'd showed up, I happily volunteered to *NOT* clock in. I'm only there til next week anyway, they don't need me today, I don't need the money, and it sounded like waaaayyy more fun to come home than to find myself elbows deep in dusty organizing projects...

So, now I am home, house alllll to myself, kids won't be back for another 3 1/2 hours, hubs is travelling for work today and won't be back until Sunday afternoon, and I am overwhelmed with the freedom of it all... should I watch shows rated TV-14 and above, or go to an R-rated movie? Should I go out to the kind of stores I never get to go to? Go to the thrifts and actually have time to try things on? People-watch at the mall (this is legitimately on my post-retirement to-do list and I haven't done it yet), stay home and take a long nap? See, the possibilities are myriad...

Actually, I just looked up the movies that are playing, and there's nothing that really looks good, so I Netflix it is!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Find new homes for all stuff displaced by moving things around
    Move the craft storage downstairs

Friday
    1. Call Medicare re coverage
    2. DONE. Pick up D at 9:00 for blood tests and grocery shopping
    3. Clear off the space between the chair and shell case
    4. Pool exercising - ON MY WAY!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3 today, though it was really hard. Oh, and I finally found my stupid camera...my son had it in his room. He didn't know I was looking for it, and I never thought to ask. I feel better now, knowing I didn't lose it. I don't know what the weekend will bring, but I want to try to get my stove cleaned. I wipe it off when I do dishes, but it needs a good scrubbing, so I'll shoot for that. I'd also like to get the cabinet under the sink a bit more organized.

I'll have to see what Hubby has on his list for the weekend, but it helps me to have some ideas of my own, too.

Heard a funny today you might like..."I prefer to call it a "Ta-Da" list, because it would be totally amazing if I actually accomplished anything on it."

I think I'll start calling mine that, too.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still haven't mopped but have been busy getting other things done.

For Saturday:

1) Clean screened porch and porch furniture (pollen season is almost over thank goodness)
    2) Menu planning
    3) Clean out litter boxes

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3

sat
    trimout dead branches of rose bushes
    pull weeds from under them
    mulch, start comig up the driveway.

this area if full of wild bushes, had alot of winter kill in the roses this year its about 25x15 feet,and they have thorns the size of small plates! Also need to weed out my cactus, I have weeds coming up in them aand no one around here will touch them.

Everytiime i went outside yesterday it would start raining, we got more coming today, the ground is super wet, we are not going to plant the garden again this weekend,,, i wonder if we are ever going to get it in!

ta-da, I like it! lol, hope your doing better today, Jen!

Z, sounds good, relax!

Have a great weekend!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did get the stove done, but not the cabinet. Hubby and I mowed the lawns and fixed the gas grill. Don't know about tomorrow, but I hope I can get the cabinet done.

Have a great day, everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Woke up at 1 PM! And then just worked on the LR for a few hours before I headed over to the pool. Will continue on the LR tonight after salmon for dinner.

Sunday
    1. Call Debbie's mom
    2. Continue LR cleanup
    3. Mail swap cards
    4. Pool exercises

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH and I got the porch cleaned yesterday. We emptied it and hooked up the hose and sprayed the screens and the floor and all the furniture. It looks wonderful and NO POLLEN!!!! I also washed up all the throw rugs we use on it. Now all we need is get a few pretty pots of flowers and it's ready to use all summer and well into the fall. DH installed a ceiling fan last summer so except on the very hottest days it's comfortable. We also installed a pet door so the kitties can come in and out.

Anyway, that's all I did yesterday.

For Sunday:

1) Clean litter boxes
    2) Plan menus
    3) Vacuum downstairs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lazy day, didn't get the cabinet done, but it will wait. Tomorrow:

1. organize pantry
    2. sort some craft supply boxes.
    3. menu plan for the next 2 weeks.

Ambitious list, but I'm going to try!

Have a great day, everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

4/4 today!

Monday

1. Doctor appts for my friend and me = all day on the other side
    2. 5:00 PM - pick up Lani for bday dinner
    3. Clean kitchen
    4. Mail monthly swap

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3 for Sunday

Monday:

1) Vacuum downstairs
    2) Some financial paperwork
    3) Swap out sofa slipcovers

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Guys!

So let's see, on Friday I didn't get done any cleaning sort of things, because just after I posted here, Sis called that DN11 was not feeling well, but Sis couldn't leave work, so could I drive 40 minutes to her school to pick her up and drive her the 2 blocks to her house... seriously, you can see the school through the trees in winter... so I did that... so it was a good thing I didn't work, or I wouldn't have been able to.

Saturday I picked up a few things at the Garden Club's annual plant sale, and spent the rest of the day in the yard, mowing and weeding and planting... Sunday we did a little cleaning (which involved me doing a lot of yelling...) but mostly just recreation.

Today:
    -clean the kitchen
    -trash and recycling and many bags of yard waste to the curb
    -transplant squash and beans along fenceline
    -fix the spigot and water everything
    -go to town and pick up netbook if the repairs are done

And there's plenty more than that that needs doing, but this is what I'm actually putting on the list... Happy Monday!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

10/10

just kidding, we worked all day sat and Sun on those rose bushes and side of the driveway, we hauled out 2 truck loads full of branches and weeds,,, it took a whole lot more time than we thought, yea, I know thats what I get for thinking!! The rose patch is done excapt after they bloom, I will move some of them to the middle, I lost a bunch to winter kill this year. so thats done, and I must admit looks a hundred times better. I am hoping the mulch will keep the weeds down, and will hold some moisture in when its hot. What do you think garden lady??

Ilc, your screened in porch sounds wonderful, it sounds cool and quiet, feeling kinda jealous here, I hope you really enjoy it!!

Jen, hang in there!

Maui, where do you get your energy from?

Monday
    laundry, ugh have at least 4 loads
    empty dishwasher, put more in
    put stuff on counters away

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, assuming the "garden lady" comment was for me, I'd suggest putting cardboard down under your wood mulch, cut up boxes work great, and you just lay it around anywhere you don't want growth, then cover it all with the mulch. The mulch should help with the moisture retention, but one cool thing I've seen recently is that people bury a 2--litre bottle in the hole when they are planting, the bottle is stabbed with holes to create a slow leak, then when you are watering, you just be sure to fill the buried bottle through the exposed top, and it slowly releases the water at the roots... I haven't tried it yet because we get mad mosquitoes here, and so I'd have to uncap, fill, and recap the bottles each time, or they'd be filled with mosquito larvae in a matter of days, and I can't see it's worth that much effort.

Alternately, you could take a soaker hose (or an old garden hose you cap punch holes in with a knife...) and run it around the bases of the roses under the mulch. Once I have all my fenceline plants in (hopefully by the end of this weekend,) I'll probably run my soaker hoses along the fences, just to cut down on the effort of watering... plus I'm putting in some pretty serious water-hog plants in those areas (cucumbers, pumpkins, that sort of thing) so that should help me a bit during the mosquito-ridden dog-days to come...

Ok, so 4.25/5

I didn't get far in the kitchen, but I at least did a little, so that's a .5 on that one. And neither I nor Hubs was able to remove the broken bit off the spigot in the back, but I cobbled together every old hose we had, stopping to repair two of them that I've been putting off for a while, and was able to get enough length to run the water from the front spigot... so that's a .75... the back spigot will be unusable until we get the broken piece off, but the important thing was that I was able to get water to all the plants. It's funny, we had flash flooding in the area on Friday, yet the plants were looking all sad and thirsty by Sunday and tragic by today. Wth???

But I got my planting done, got everything to the curb, and picked up my netbook, which now that the screen is repaired is manifesting other issues. (I think it's like when you get a rental while your car is being repaired, and you get spoiled by the nice new car, then when you get your old one back, you realize it's OLD...)

Also boiled some dandelions I'd picked yesterday along with spinach and chard from the garden, and once that's cooled I'll bag it up and put it in the freezer. We aren't huge on frozen spinach, but I like to use it in lasagna, and I've slipped dandies into my lasagna lots of times, nobody's ever complained.

Tuesday:
    -run some stuff to the dump
    -vacuum out the van
    -do some thrift shopping (I've had two pairs of sandal fall apart in the past week, and I need shorts/capris before we go to the wedding)
    -get glasses fixed (one of the little noseguard thingies fell off)
    -more planting on the fencelines and the square bed in the back

Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast