2014 To-Do Challenge - Page 54
Page 54 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4445152535455565764 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I didn't get my list done today. Woke up in pain and took things easy today. I'll be doing the list tomorrow.

Bullet is doing better, but still has some pain. I can tell because he gets very needy and has to be on my lap or lying right next to me on the chair and he only does that when he's not feeling so good. I do see improvement, though, and I think he's making great progress.

Hubby is on vacation next week and we're going to be doing our Fall housecleaning. My son said he will help me get some things organized this week, so I'll be starting that on Wednesday. I'm hoping to get Hubby to build me a new cat tree, and install a few more shelves in the pantry.

So, tomorrow:

1. Get to Sharp Shopper.
    2. Stop at fabric outlet.
    3 Get the groceries put away.

Have a fantastic day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

RABBIT, My mouth waters just thinking about it!! yum, bbq...
    I love your bunny too, I have to smile everytime I see him, reminds me of a rabbit we had in the 70's, Charlie, he was in the house alot and even used the cat box..
    Man, I sure wish I could get my winter stuff done!! You are way ahead!! Must feel good!!

ilc Please be careful, you have some bad weather heading your way, have been watching storm chasers today and some of those stroms are horrible and causing alot of damage. Also So happy you got to spend some time with your kids.
    What kind of bbq do you have? Anything sound like what you eat? Oh yea, almost forgot about seasoned greens, not sure what that is, not something we have here.

DH has decided to spray the house, looking like paint will hit the house Wed, pending more rain, should be all done this weekend, except the windows, will do them in the spring.

We still have the garden going, and Must get the garlic planted soon.

3/3 today

Tues
    check sales
    stain the wood strips on the floor, under the doors
    label, store cranberries, they are all done, finally, 21 pints, yippee!
    take sheets off plants, again, under frost warning tonight, then back into the 80's!
    help strip, prime, the usual stuff.

Have wonderful day!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ilovechocolate - the works! Gotta love Thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    3/3 done for today!

For Monday....

1. get work clothes ready for the week
    2. tackle shed
    3. clean bathroom
    3/3 wow, I'm on a roll!

For Tuesday....

1. scrub the carpet where it's soiled
    2. ride bike to work and pick up coworker on the way (she has her own bike as I KNOW one of you will ask! )
    3. shred some old papers

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3: I didn't look up the number for the metals guy yesterday, but I did to today and I did call him. Boy do I hate calling people. I did get the ingredients for the soup I am going to make today, so counting that as a plus.

Anyhow for today:
    1. Make Hungarian goulash soup.
    2. Do the dishes and clean the kitchen after making the soup.
    3. To be determined.
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today: 10/14

1)Donate plasma(done)
    2)Work on plans for play
    3) Go to Harbour Freight for freebie and then to Walmart to get money from plasma donation

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

To-do for Tuesday:

1. Freeze one package of hamburger and make the other into patties to freeze.
    2. Finish deck modification.
    3. Start working on cladding for the ledger that will go on the house to hold the awning.

All of those are pretty much must do's, so it could be a long day. Husby took today off so that will help. Hopefully, he'll be able to take tomorrow and Thursday off, too. We really need to finish up with the awning by Friday because the weather is supposed to turn.

Here's all we have left to do, so it shouldn't take too long.

[/url]

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

4/4 for Monday! My den looks so much better. DH has a habit of piling old mail, etc., on the table next to his chair. I wouldn't mind except he never ever cleans it off. So I did that, rearranged it, cleaned around his chair (he tends to drop stuff there too), cleaned off my desk and around my rocking chair, did some filing, cleaned off the coffee table, cleaned, cleaned, cleaned....and mopped! Finally! Of course it's raining today so the floor will just get nasty really quickly again but at least it looks good for now.

pinetree, we have lots of different BBQs here but most folks like the pulled pork or ribs. We eat the pulled pork usually in hamburger buns with chips or potato salad, baked beans, coleslaw (everyone has their own recipe), maybe turnip greens or green beans seasoned with ham. I don't know if you could find them where you are, but a company called The Allens makes a delicious canned turnip greens product "seasoned Southern style" as the label says. Also the Margaret Holmes company makes good canned veggies that are Southern favorites. The greens you described sound a lot like The Allens product.

Our weather radio woke us up twice last night with reports/warnings. Right now it's just a steady rain but there have been a few deaths in other states from tornadoes. The local news/weather comes on at noon so I'll watch it to find out the latest.

Jen, you and Bullet just need to cuddle up together and get to feeling better.

SD, thanks for always posting pictures of your projects! I enjoy seeing them.

Everyone, keep us the good work.

For Tuesday:

1) EITHER work in the pantry OR work in our bedroom getting a bookcase cleaned out and moved to the study
    2) Vacuum upstairs
    3) Go through summer clothes and bag up for charity the ones I will never wear again

Have a good day, ladies, and be good to yourself and your loved ones.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Ayanka View Post
    2/3: I didn't look up the number for the metals guy yesterday, but I did to today and I did call him. Boy do I hate calling people. I did get the ingredients for the soup I am going to make today, so counting that as a plus.

Anyhow for today:
    1. Make Hungarian goulash soup.
    2. Do the dishes and clean the kitchen after making the soup.
    3. To be determined.
    Well I added too much pasta into the soup, so whether you can really call it soup is biased, but it tastes very well and it is very filling. Good old cheap food, but it did take me a long time to make (I knew this before hence the short list). I also cleaned most of the stuff out, a bit extra tomorrow, but no drama. And I think I ll stick to 2 today, that is going to have to be enough.
    Disclaimer: European at the keyboard, unless precised, amounts are in EUR, any mistakes made because of a difference in politics, regulations or background are accidental not on purpose, please forgive me for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    Here's all we have left to do, so it shouldn't take too long.
    Hahahaha! After all these years, I should know better than to make predictions like that!

When we ripped the steps out for the deck expansion, I assumed the stair treads were 48". But no, they are, in fact, 46". So near, and yet so far. So we couldn't use them without a ton of waste. Luckily, we were able to scavenge up some other decking from a pile of stuff we had forgotten about. Prior to finding it, I had a whole list of stuff to go into town and buy, so I'm glad we didn't do that. The deck will be okay once it's painted next year. We have to put the J channel and siding back on, then modify the old rail to fit, so we should finish today. Doubtful we'll get to the cladding. Oh, well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1/3 done today.My back and legs hurting bad before I got through with: laundry: going be a change in weather.

Wed.list

:vac:
    get out winter clothes

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1/3 done today.My back and legs hurting bad before I got through with laundry going be a change in weather.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad you got the laundry done before the weather gets bad.

The deck is done except for caulking, which we'll do at the same time we caulk the ledger for the awning. Hopefully tomorrow.

It's been a great day. The guy who bought the motor home showed up today instead of tomorrow, and got it running so it left under its own power. It was great to hear it running again, purring like a really large kitten, and see it on the road again.

The guy who bought it also bought our canoe and paddles, an old boat motor, and even talked me out of my paddle boat. So we got a lot of excess out of our yard this week and made some money, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3 today, though I didn't buy any fabric. Just didn't see anything I loved. Tomorrow we start the organizing for the deep cleaning.

Pinetree, I'm so happy for you finally getting to the painting. I hate scraping and painting, so I'd probably have given up a long time ago. Luckily hubby loves almost any kind of handyman work, so I get out of it most times.

Tomorrow:

1. Start organizing and purging the kitchen. It really needs doing.
    2. At least 1 load of laundry. Maybe 2.
    3. Clean up around my chair. I seem to have PMS(pile making syndrome)

Have a great day, Everybody!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tomorrow:

1) Pick up and drop off dry cleaning
    2) Call the dentist
    3) Clean off front of fridge

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

To do list for Wednesday:
    1. Clean the living room: do the dishes, clean the kitchen part, vaccuum the carpets...
    2. Take a long walk. Starting to get cabin fever and the weather should be nice outside today so let's take the opportunity.
    3. Call my mum. Their cat had to go to the vet, so I am pretty sure my mum will like being called.