2014 To-Do Challenge
Page 1 of 90 12341151 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default 2014 To-Do Challenge

Happy May Day!

Changing this over to a yearly challenge, that way we can keep it going rather than start it again every month..

Heres how it works

1) List 3 things you want to get done

2) you have 24 hours to get them done

3) Mark them off and do it again

Thursday
    laundry
    run and empty dishwasher
    sweep and mop kitchen floor
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, pinetree!

Puppy is cute cute cute. We think he's a German Shepherd mix with maybe some pit or American bulldog (this is what vet thinks). He is so fuzzy and soft and his little tail wags constantly. DD wanted him to be Jaxx. I wanted Bounce or Toby. DH wanted Trouble. He is now Jaxx, which I don't really like, but DD loves it.

1/3 Wednesday----kept cats and puppy from fighting. Actually he is intrigued by the cats and one of them has already made friendly overtures toward him.

House is a wreck, not just messy but getting dirty too.

For Thursday:

1) Vacuum
    2) Get the den picked up
    3) Errands DONE and pay bills DONE

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1.25/3 today... the weather cleared up and I wanted to be outside, so the only cleaning I did was to fold and put away a tiny bit of laundry, so that's the .25. I also worked 5 hours at the nursery and told them that my last day there will be May 23rd. Originally I had thought to go to June 20th, when school lets out, but we'll be gone for the week of Memorial Day anyway, so I figured I can just end it before that and we won't have to deal with vacation requests and all that jazz just for two more weeks in June... now I can get in a bit of "me" time before school lets out and the kids are in my hair 24/7.

+1, I got the bulbs Sis gave me put into the cutting garden. I've never had a bit of luck with gladiolas, but maybe since I didn't buy these, they'll turn out to cooperate... also got the soil turned in all my raised beds, which were springing up with weedlings, ready to plant. I thinned my radishes and planted my wax beans, but that's as far as I got with the veggie gardens. I found some seedlings that appear to be self-sown sunflowers springing up in the veggie garden, so I moved those over to a spot near the fence where they can grow or not... then out front I put in my mandevilla vine that overwintered in the kitchen as well as some new guinea impatiens I got free out of the trash at the garden center.

And of course I spent a little time stalking the bees. Lots of activity this afternoon and I was happy to see them bringing lots of pollen in. I'm hoping to see good things happening inside when I check them again over the weekend. And since it's not cold tonight, the chicks are spending the night outside. Hooray!

Friday:
    - 5 hours at the garden center
    - work on planting seeds (if it's warm enough that wild sunflowers are growing, it's warm enough to plant the "tame" seeds.)
    - clean a little (deliberately vague)

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, Pinetree. Having a yearly format will make it a lot easier.

ILC, I'd love to see a picture of your new baby. We have a zoo around here, and I could have even more.

Well, I only managed 2/3 today. Got no sleep last night and about 4AM my DD overflowed the upstairs toilet, and it ran onto the floor and down through the ceiling for almost 45 minutes before anyone noticed. OMG what a fearful mess!! Thankfully it missed the birdcage, so he's safe. It's all cleaned up, but now there are ceiling tiles to be replaced. I guess I know what my weekend will bring.

Tomorrow:

1. put away all the displaced items I didn't get to today.
    2. Make the menu plan and grocery list.
    3. Go get the groceries.
    4. go to the hardware store and get a box or 2 of tiles for the ceiling.

Honestly, I wish the emergencies would just please stop being plumbing problems. I'd sooner deal with almost anything else.

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

oh Jen, I'm so glad your bird is okay! You sound like me-----in any situation my first thought is "are the furbabies okay?"

If I ever learn how to upload pictures I'll post one of our Jaxx. We lost both our very elderly dogs last year so it has been a long time since we had a puppy. Fortunately DD is doing an excellent job of taking care of him, so I really don't have lots to do. DH and I do puppy-sit him when she's in class or at work, and DH is so happy to have a dog again....I'm still a cat person. We have 5.

I've got to get myself in gear today:

1) Vacuum and mop tile floors
    2) Lots of laundry IN PROGRESS
    3) Bake desserts for the weekend

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/3,

I have no excuses.

Friday - TGIF
    harvest, cut, wash, dry a mess if chives
    finish laundry, its in the dryer
    start hardings off seedlings, haul them all outside, and back, maybe plant some of the garden

Jen, Wow have you had water problems lately, hope it doesnt take long to get this one cleaned up, Thank goodness your bird is ok.

ilc. yep we could use a picture of that new little one, but I can't do pictures either, so you will just have to tell us what he's up to. I like your name, we have a trouble, hes our 5 legged one that got caught by the coyote..Oh, your poor kitty, bet shes a nervous mess with being chased by the fox, So glad shes safe! We had a fox here a couple months ago, killed all the neighbors chickens. A couple years ago we had one coming up the driveway, heading for the cats out back, like an idiot, I go running out the back door trying to chase it off, thank goodness I scared him more than he scared me. Coyotes are around all the time.

I bet you are having So much fun with Jaxx, bet he's keeping you running too!!

Also glad you made it thru the storms, our weather guy said the other night that the same thing is going to happen next week, so hang on!

Z, wow, that was a short employment!! Nice you will have some time to yourself before school is out.

The bees sound like they are doing really good. Whats next, just let them run around? Guess I am going to have to do some research on them, but its easier for you to tell me.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ILC, I admit I'm a cat person, too, we have 4. Dh is a dog person, so we have 2. Most of them are rescues, including the bird. My kids are adults and we have no grandchildren, so my animals are my babies.

0/4 today, woke up sore and having dizzy spells, so nothing doing. The weekend will be a recovery weekend. Recovering from the plumbing emergencies, and recovery from this illness. Thankfully, I'm finished putting in most of my garden. Hopefully, we can get started on the craft room soon.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, when all is said and done, it will have been about 3 months start-to-finish with the nursery, which is ROUGHLY what I planned for. But PART of why I'm not staying on the extra two weeks until school lets out is that there's a pretty bad vibe going 'round that place right now. The very sweet manager that hired me got replaced several weeks ago, and the woman they replaced him with... well, she's not without potential, but let's just say she had not yet hit her stride and has problems with the words "please and thank you." One of the reasons why I agreed to take such a low-paying job was the intangible benefit of working somewhere upbeat and fun... and that's been lacking lately. But yeah, that's why I checked both "seasonal" AND "temporary" on the application. But that will give me three good weeks between the time we get back from the wedding and the time that school lets out to do anything I need to without the kids (hello-o-o-o Smithsonians!) before summer madness starts.

As for the bees, they've pretty much been doing their own thing since day 1, I just have to keep an eye on them. The first thing was to feed them, which I've been doing. The second was to make sure the queen got released, which she didn't, so I had to help with that. Today I noticed ants were getting onto the hive to steal sugar syrup from the feeder, so I put powdered cinnamon around the hive, which is supposed to stop that. You don't want the ants getting into that habit because they'll steal finished honey just as fast as sugar water, and the bees need their supplies. When I check in this weekend, I'm looking for evidence that the queen has been doing her queen-thing and laying eggs... I should also be able to see some of that pollen they've been bringing in stored in the cells, and cells filled with nectar/sugar water. I'd be surprised to see any finished honey cells quite this soon. As long as I see evidence of the queen, then that's all I need-- if there's no babies, I'll have to look for her, and if I can't find her, I'll need to get them another queen, quick, before they all die of old-age with no babies to replace them. (fingers crossed!!!) Assuming that that's all good, then all I'll need to do for the next few months is occasionally check in to make sure they're not having problems with hive-pests, make sure they are not getting overcrowded (in which case I just add another layer to the hive) that sort of thing.

So anyway, today 1 was either 1.75/3 or 3/3, depending on whether doing a half-assed job counts I worked at the nursery, but all I did for cleaning was a load of dishes, and the only seeds I planted were some pumpkins in small pots that I will move into the ground later when I know where I have room amongst the other things. DD6 was dying to go to the spaghetti dinner at her school, so we did that, and then I worked in the herb garden until it got too dark, which was coincidentally when I was done anyway.

Saturday:
    - store meeting at the garden center wayyyy too early
    - check out the community yard sale and church rummage sale near my house
    - go to the farmers' market

And then I'm hoping that Hubs will help me dig some holes for the last part of the fence... and there's still PLENTY to be done in the yard, lots of seeds still needing to go in to the veggie garden, etc...

Have a good weekend!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Z, thanks for all the info!! Its quite exciting to hear all about what they are doing, and how you are taking care of them. I found a hive on CL, for 50 bucks, said it was brand new, but didnt even think about it, I dont think we are any where near getting any yet, we are learning from you.
    its got to be exciting to watch them fying in and out, hope the queen is ok too.
    bet you are going to miss you garden center job, you are getting some cool stuff from there, well I guess you could always go back?!!

3/3

sat
    work on pulling weeds
    load of laundry
    start to harden off plants,

we bought some shade cloth, to now we can leave them out all day under it, still have to haul them in at night.

ilc, hows the baby furbaby doing?? I am Proud to admit I am a Cat person....

Jen, sure hope you are feeling better soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3 for Friday!

For Saturday:

1) Fold/put away clean laundry
    2) Clean off our bathroom counter
    3) Get food and chew toys for puppy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not much done today. Did 2 loads of laundry, and that's about it. DH had to go in to work for a few hours. He's the "boss" and has a lot of end of month paperwork, so now it's done and off his mind.

Zhoen, I love hearing about your bees! Please keep posting.

ILC, how's the pup doing with the cats?(and the cats with the pup)

Feeling much better today. Hoping I can go a while without any more dizzy spells.

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Jen, so sorry to hear about your dizzy spells. Been there, done that, and it's miserable.

Jaxx the puppy is learning that NO means NO. He is trying hard to be a good boy, and he's eager to please, so we are capitalizing on that desire. I think he will end up being a good companion. The cats don't mind him being here until he starts yipping at them. I think the noise bothers them. All in all, it's better than I thought it would be.

Well, I got lots done yesterday, just not what I had planned to do. So for today (Sunday):

1) Fold/put away clean laundry
    2) Clean off our bathroom counter
    3) Continue gathering items to donate

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3

Sunday
    pull more weeds, mulch
    plant leek
    relax, read paper with a nice cup of coffee, furbabies sitting on my feet, on the deck, with the smell of all the flowering trees,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Getting back on track - again!

Sunday
    1. Kitchen - wash dishes & clean counters
    2. Living room - organize crafting & put away, vacuum floors
    3. Hand wash lingerie
    4. Personal - pool exercises

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well back to the lists. Tomorrow:

1. Clean off living room tables. There's a lot of clutter, and I'm sick of it.
    2. Dust downstairs and knock down cobwebs.
    3. Try to find my camera. It will keep going on the list until it's found!

Hoping for a good week.

Jen

Page 1 of 90 12341151 ... LastLast