2015 Household Purge/De-clutter Challenge - Page 2
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sitting here rather unmotivated at this time. Lol. My house is a disaster after the holidays and it's taking the wind from my sails. I do plan on doing some work in the office when the little one goes down for nap. But I still gotta load at least 4 bags of clothes into the SUV and take a million and one boxes down to the fire pit. I also have to do freezer inventory and rework the freezer. I buried all our tubes of ground beef by accident :/

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Got after Dh to clean some old damage in the family room. Then DD as she had housewares and old art supplies everywhere. She complained bitterly but filled all 5 outside trash cans. I bought her 3 super large storage tubs for her housewares so they are at least out of sight. She needs to have another super toss day in there and then the cleaning crew comes in (me).
    I want the old entertainment center busted up and junked. I have a project in mind for the old computer amoire. By spring I want the whole ceiling taken down and re-insulated and re-drywalled. But Dh has to have work so we'll see. The ceiling is trashed from a leak 3? years ago.
    By the end of the year I wish it to be a Christmas tree worthy room.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Alright did freezer inventory and almost died. Not fun crawling in a chest freezer when you're 25 weeks preggo. Also not fun to have two kids suddenly needing everything RIGHT now when you have frozen food strewn about. Ah, the trails and tribulations of a mom.

I found a lot of beef that I'm not sure what the cuts area. Arm roast, rib roast, round steak. I think round steak is kinda tough, but probably the best out of the three right? I want to cut up some pieces into real thin pieces to do cheesesteaks with, and I'm not sure what's best. I have a sirloin roast and I'm thinking that's the one to use for that, unless one of these cuts will work. I just don't wanna chew it forever.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok duh I think the rib roast is prime rib...then why didn't they label it that way? It just says rib roast?! It's wrapped in freezer paper, so I can't see. My only complaint about getting meat from the butcher. Poorly labeled and packaged so I can't see a dang thing! The arm roast is prolly good for pot roast. And round roast depends on what part of round but looks like a good roast beef, etc type roast.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I can't help you with cuts of beef. We tend to eat sirloin steak, pot roast, or hamburger, and that's it.

I did manage to go through the games and the dining room linens today. So far so good. A few things to donate to charity, but mostly marked card decks (or missing cards) to toss. We need more games. Waiting till DH comes home to declutter the puzzles.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Even tough cuts cook up tender in a Crock-Pot, or slow-roasted in the oven.

I finally installed the shelf cleats that have been laying on the counter above the cabinet where they needed to be installed for almost four years now. We removed the shelf that came with the cabinet and put a Rev-A-Shelf on the bottom for the liquor bottles. I've wanted the new shelf, which has to be higher for the wine bottles, for a long time so I can get all the cutting boards out of the baking sheet cabinet. Now if I only knew what happened to the board intended for the shelf.

The baking sheet cabinet needs a shelf, too. We took that stock shelf out so the baking sheets would fit. I'll have Husby do that one. It's only a foot wide so the door opening is too narrow, and his arms are longer. Poor guy! I need that shelf to store the Pie Irons. Once both those shelves are in, that will help a lot to organize the kitchen.

Wish I could think of a good place to store the pizza pan, which is cast iron and about fifteen inches across. It's quite a bit taller than the cookie pans and I'd have more space at the top of the new shelf when it's installed if I could just find a good spot for that. Getting rid of it isn't an option! It's the only piece of CI I have with the gate mark on the bottom, making it over a century old and my oldest piece. Every time I look at it I think of the people who made it, now long gone, and the great history of people who took pride in the work they did and worked so hard for their wages. If that pan could only talk...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is something I am going to work on this year. My husband and I are making plans in the next few years to move to a very small cabin and I have enough possessions to fill 10! I have already started on the easier stuff--old magazines, homeschool supplies ( my youngest is 21--why I still had it is anyones guess), and just paper. I am taking this week as my planning and just getting my mind organized week. Some items will not be that hard to part with and some will. I do not have to be in a super hurry because I know it will not be this year (2015) that we will be doing anything but I would like to start living simpler so that the transition will not be so hard. Oh and my dd is getting married sometime this year so that will be different also.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Went through my closet today. The clothes are easy enough. What isn't easy is the fact that I have craft stuff in there too. I think I did okay. I got rid of 9 pieces of clothing, 10 hangers, and reorganized some craft items. I also found enough school supplies for next year's Operation Christmas Child shoe box. I will set it aside, along with other supplies I find so we will not have to spend too much to make a box next year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I cleared off the folding table I've been trying to get rid of out of the living room. As soon as I cleared it off, Husby spread out stuff to sort. If that's all it takes to get him going on the crap in his office, that table can sit there as long as it takes. Cady is helping by sitting in the recycle box. We keep reminding her that as a shelter cat, she's already been recycled, but it's not having much of an impact. She loves boxes, even tiny boxes like the Lienenkeugel's box she's sitting in in my avatar pic.

Lots of bad memories in the stuff he's sorting today. It'll be good to have that stuff gone so we never have to see it or think about it again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I started purging my closet last week. The bag is still sitting there, and I've found two more things to add to it before it goes to the thrift. One bag went to the trash already...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Joining in on this challenge!

I have been MIA for a couple of years but have been back checking things out. Read the 2014 de clutter challenge and am going to join this one. We are seriously thinking of moving to Hawaii when DH retires in 3-4 years so need to start the first faze of de cluttering. We are recent empty nesters so have the whole house to go through. I have started going through stuff the last couple of weeks since I have been off work. (I work for the school district). We have already hauled 2 pick up loads to the Salvation Army and have a huge pile of stuff to either list on craigslist or Facebook on line sales. Will be having a massive garage sale or 2 as soon as it warms up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

back Domestic Gal! I'm still waiting for my DH to retire. He will have to in 2 1/2 years.

Today we worked together to go through games and puzzles. Posted some puzzles online for sale.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When my whole family was gathered at my house on Christmas day, I gave away:
    1. A bedspread to my sister(new pretty bedspread but too heavy for me)
    2. A comforter set to my brother(not new but I'll never use it again and he never buys himself that kind of thing)
    3. A nice fleece blanket to my daughter (had one for each of my double beds, but got rid of one of the beds).

They probably didn't need these either, but at least they're out of my closet!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm joining this challenge again. Don't have a number goal in mind yet though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Total decluttered for 2014 was around 48 m3 (1700 ft3). That was 44 large boxes, 40 large garbagebags, several music instruments, kitchen stuff, book shelves, tables, chairs, most of our beds, a spinning wheel, desks, etc.

4-5 of those m3 have been moved to the new house, 2-3 to our summer house. The rest has been donated, tossed, or used as firewood. We have ordered a moving van for next friday, and think (hope) 30 m3 will be sufficient to transport the rest of our belongings.

I'm sure we could get rid of more stuff, and that will be one of the main goals as we unpack.
    Total paid/saved: $85 700
    Total goal: $272 900
    To do: $187 200

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast