2015 Household Purge/De-clutter Challenge - Page 5
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I moved the stuff we don't use much out of a cabinet in the kitchen island that has a Rev-A-Shelf, and put it in the cabinet I was going to buy another Rev-A-Shelf for. So now I'm not going to buy another Rev-A-Shelf. That saves $100. I purged the island cabinet while I did it but only found one thing, a ricer. I don't need two, so one is going to GW.

Tomorrow we'll load up all the china and glassware I purged from the big cabinet in the back porch so I could move my canning stuff in it. It'll be good to see that stuff go.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cleaned out my closet of the hanging items. Only got rid of about 10 items. Most all were things that did not fit anymore. I do not have a lot of clothes. In 2014 I only bought new socks underwear and bras. Bought work clothes from the thrift store which was only 2 pair of pants and 5 scrub tops. Bought my SAS shoes off of eBay. They are $140 at the store got mine for $39.99 they were a return as there was not even a scuff mark on them. They should last at least 3 years as that is how long the last pair lasted me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went through one of my husband's dresser drawers and pulled out underwear that doesn't fit him anymore and some socks and pajamas he doesn't wear. They are now in a bag to be donated.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Purging has come to a screeching halt here until we decide if we're going to buy a winter home in town or not. If we do, I'm sure going to regret getting rid of some of the stuff I've already let go, but there was no way to see this one coming. The sad thing is we probably could furnish a whole other house with the excess we still have, even after all the purging we'd already done.

I have a few things I'll let go though. But I need to sort through the latest GW box and pull out anything that might be useful in a second house.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Got rid of some more stuff. Was storing a few boxes of stuff for my mom. She wanted them back so returned them to her. Also gave a sheet set to my daughter and some empty candle jars to my sister. Little by little stuff is leaving here.

Halfway between the Wolverines and the Spartans
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm still selling off furniture that doesn't work in our new place and buying stuff that does (though I'm selling more than I'm buying.) I'm donating small boxes and bags of things every week or two and tucking away some things that I think will sell well at our neighborhood garage sale in June.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We'll now that school is out and I have the summer off time for a garage sale. All the stuff I went through in December has been sitting in the basement since then. Hoping to have the sale next week.
    Sold a few things through Facebook already. Have some more stuff listed hoping it sells as I do not think my garage is big enough for all the crap I have.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sold 4 boxes of fabric that was my mothers.
    Have 2 boxes of clothes ready to go to salvation army as I do not sell clothes at garage sales as clothes do not do well at garage sales for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Got everything into the garage that has been sitting in the basement since December. Now to get it all put onto the tables and priced. Going to have the sale tomorrow and Saturday. Might even have to have the sale again next week since I have so much stuff.
    Sold another $47 in stuff if they show up to pick up if not on the sale it goes.
    Feels so good to have all of the crap out of the house. There will only be a few things that have value that will not be taken to Salvation Army if it does not sell. Will keep trying to sell them on Facebook and Craigslist.
    This is just the first round of trying to downsize. DH wants to retire in 3 years and we do not know if we are going to stay in the area or not but regardless we are going to sell and get something smaller. This place is just to big for the 2 of us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our neighborhood-wide garage sale is this Thurs-Sat, and I have my stuff all set up! I don't have a ton to sell, but it will be nice to make a little money. Whatever doesn't sell is going to SA, not coming back in the house!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's small, but I've offered a bunch of excess sewing bias tape to a friend. She's using them to sew bikini panties for women in Africa...who often do not have any panties...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sure your contribution is much appreciated.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So, I did the garage sale today, made $168, and loaded everything else into the car and took it to SA. The sale was supposed to run tomorrow and Saturday, too, but I just couldn't sit there another day! I'm happy with what I sold, happy with what I donated. I did bring one chair back into the house---it's an extra dining chair that we actually use sometimes, so I decided to hang onto it. I went and bought another set of shelves for the garage, so now *all* of my stuff is organized, and I know exactly where it all is. First time ever for that, in my entire adult life, I think!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Had my sale last Friday only Saturday was a total rainy day. Only made a little over $100. So I listed some stuff on FB pages and sold another $97 worth of stuff. Having the sale again today so far very slow so don't anticipate making much today. Will keep listing the stuff that I think will sell if it doesn't sell in a couple of weeks it is out of here.
    On another note we moved our bed to the basement so we can reprint and either go with the hardwoods that are under the carpet or recarpet. So that means everything has to be moved out including all the closets. So will be able to get rid of some more stuff from the closets just need to tell DH that we do not need all of this stuff that has been in there for years and not even touched.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay, that does it. Everyone is doing great and I want in! So I'm going right this minute and repack the box that's been sitting on the kitchen table for GW since last winter, when we quit donating because we thought we were going to be furnishing a second house. Time to get back into the purging game!

I'll check back when I have the dang thing done, and not before.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast