2015 Household Purge/De-clutter Challenge - Page 6
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's a start. I repacked the overflowing box and ended up with two good-sized boxes to donate, and since we're going to be at a GW this afternoon, we should be able to get them out of here today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The garage sale was a bust. Only made $31 but do have a couple of items that have some interest so might sell a few more items. Need to clean the garage out now and haul the leftovers to Salvation Army.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We got rid of both boxes yesterday, and picked up some empty boxes from my mom's garage today since we took all our empty boxes to her apartment when she moved to her townhouse and hadn't gotten them back yet. So we're back in the purging business, with plenty of boxes to put our stuff in.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Took another box to GW today.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sold $88 more of stuff. More stuff out the door. Have some more stuff listed but if it does not sell within a week it is getting donated.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I used up six large boards building shelving to go inside a cabinet today, so those are put to work, no longer clutter themselves, and will help declutter other items by providing storage space.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sold $33 worth of more stuff and $33 more will be out of here on Saturday. Have made over $500 selling all the crap. This round of purge is all the crap that I will not miss.
    Cleaned out my closet this week and got rid of about half of my clothes. Sad to say most of them are to small. Waiting for DH to go through his stuff so I can paint the inside of the closet!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Going the opposite way. Hubby is saying he's not going on vacation to visit relatives anymore because they keep giving us things to take home. This time it was a box of Mom's old photos from my brother, some shirts from my sister-in-law, and a quilt stand from my step-mom. I appreciate the thoughts and will use them all...except the photos, which will be scanned and then returned to my brother.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Recently bought four large entertainment centers and two bookcases at GW and a huge rummage sale, to use for organizing various parts of our house and cabin. They should be a big help and provide an enormous amount of space for the $47 pittance we paid for the whole bunch.

We had reason to shuffle things around in the entry to our cabin today. I can see a lot of stuff in there in dire need of purging, so I'm looking forward to doing that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Finally got the stuff to goodwill. A whole car load of crap is out of here. Now if I could get DH to go through his closet!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I usually go through the closet myself. It doesn't take long and Husby will never get to it, or if he does he can't find anything he wants to get rid of. If I do it, I set aside what I think should go, then have him look through it. He usually picks out two or three things and has no problem getting rid of the rest. I don't know why it works that way, but it does! LOL.

I'm still tossing little things into the GW box as I run across them. I think I'm going to have to get rid of my Skechers with the comfy rocker soles because they seem to cause me some problems. And I love them, too! But it's not worth the pain and potential medical problems.

I'm planning to spend July purging and organizing. My second eye surgery is tomorrow AM and from the experience of the first one, I know I won't be able to see very well to do fine work, so that's the perfect excuse to focus on dealing with bigger stuff. I can't get new glasses till at least the end of July when all the healing and recovery is done. It's going to be a long month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I couldn't sleep last night so was up around 2 AM rummaging through my sewing room for knitting patterns for baby wear and accessories. Found several. Came downstairs to check out the bookcase, and found more.

Decided it was time to use up some yarn. So I cased out my sewing room for hidden yarn today and found quite a bit, including an entire box I'd forgotten about! I also discovered at some point I'd gotten rid of a bunch of yarn. Don't know where to, but it's gone!

I went through the books and found a baby sweater to knit out of bulky wool and alpaca yarn. Started it today. I'm using up six small balls of wool and alpaca on it. I decided the wool will be the bottom of the sweater and the alpaca will be the top and sleeves...softer than wool.

I am already modifying the pattern to add buttonholes and a few extra stitches as I don't have the right size needles and don't want to spend money on them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    My second eye surgery is tomorrow AM and from the experience of the first one, I know I won't be able to see very well to do fine work, so that's the perfect excuse to focus on dealing with bigger stuff. I can't get new glasses till at least the end of July when all the healing and recovery is done. It's going to be a long month.
    good luck tomorrow!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, Bernice. I appreciate that. The second surgery was a week ago and I'm celebrating being able to give up wearing the plastic shield over my eye for sleeping, starting tonight. It's been a nuisance. I'll be on eye drops another three weeks but can't complain. It's gone well and my sight has improved dramatically. I'm very lucky. I can actually see pretty well using dollar store reading glasses, but will probably get prescription readers in a couple weeks. By then my eyes should be healed and done changing.

I did some purging and decluttering today, too. I moved all the crochet and tatting thread into the new craft cabinet. Plenty of room with space left over, and all sorted by size and type. I also culled some thread I know I'll never use. There's room for all my knitting needles and crochet hooks.

I also shuffled stuff around in the cabin yesterday to make some working space. I haven't started purging yet but that's coming soon. I'm set up for it now, with a big trash can out there and boxes to sort books to donate. Husby helped me move the kitchen cabinets I hope to put in our bathroom someday so they're not in the middle of everything now, and I can use the counter on them to sort things. I'm hoping purging and sorting those three rooms goes quickly. It's going to help so much that we bought the new storage for that building. I want to get my office in order so I can get back into my office and start writing again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I took 3 bags of stuff to Rescue Mission.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast