2015 Household Purge/De-clutter Challenge - Page 8
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't know what you can do about Sota eating the vegies. That's kind of amusing actually. Pets can be so...interesting.

DH went downstairs with me this evening to help with the utility room and cold room. I finished the cold room, but we did not get the utility room done. I am going to have to get serious about how many canning jars I can reasonably keep though. We just have too many. I don't want DH to even see inside the cold room! I think I will get rid of whatever is left over after canning this fall.

Anyway, we came away with a small bag of garbage to get rid of and two boxes of stuff to donate. We're taking them tomorrow for drop off.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sota was about to grab some of the Cherokee Purple tomatoes off the vine on the deck but luckily we caught him before he could get his lips around them. All our stuff is down on the deck right now because we had some high winds last night with more on the way, possibly, so we really can't even let him out there now. Such a brat. He's lucky he's cute and sweet. We've put a lot of our plants up on the deck rails this year to keep him away from them.

We decluttered the dog yard today. It had a bunch of defunct self-watering planters, and we reused the pails from them and the dirt and put the lilies we took out of a bed that's in the way of the greenhouse in them. I hope they survive okay over winter. We didn't have any choice about moving them. At any rate, the pails, which were headed for the trash, are out of the dog yard and that's all cleaned up. They're in bad shape which is why they won't work as self-watering planters anymore, but they're good enough to be temporary homes for the lilies till we figure out where they'll be living next year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I wonder if there's something missing in his diet that he's going for the tomatoes? Or maybe he was once fed a raw foods diet...

I am working on the sewing room today. I've got most of it done, just got to finish putting away piles of paper on the cutting table. DH moved the printer onto the computer desk in the landing. And hung up my clock. I emptied three boxes of stuff and filled another three boxes for goodwill. Actually two boxes and a pillowcase with all the parts to a needlework frame.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

He's not missing tomatoes, that's for sure. I add gobs of them to the HM dog food they have every day. He gets a balanced diet. He eats most anything. It's not unusual. He's hardly met a food he didn't like.

I need to get into my sewing room too, but it's not a priority right now. Maybe next winter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

He has a thing for tomatoes. He and my boarder would get along fine...or not. She loves tomatoes too. Preferably homegrown ones!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I moved a set of shelves from the LR back to the back porch today, so that helped, and I also moved a cabinet out of the kitchen to the back porch, too. That will help the clutter situation back there by providing more storage. I sorted a few things but still need to do more.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm taking a bit of a break today. Company left and I'm exhausted! I did go to Crafting though and started a little hat to go with the sweater I knit from home spun/hand dyed yarn. It will look cute when I'm finished. Then onto the next pattern.

I talked to an elderly lady at Crafting who only knits socks. She is a fast knitter. I have sock yarn. I hate knitting socks. She said she'd knit me a pair. This will be the second pair she's knit me. I told her to wait until she had nothing else to do. She said she never has anything to do (she's 90). All she does is knit all evening while watching TV. So I'll take her my sock yarn and see what she wants to use to knit me socks.

On a good de-clutter note - company bought 4 hooked wall hangings from me before leaving!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made the two canvas chair bags bigger today so they can go back to work protecting our camping recliners. The bags shrank the last time I washed them. So those are off the kitchen table where, for some reason, they landed and then sat there.

I put away two big bags of one-pound thread cones I threw in the sewing room after buying them cheap at GW. And put away a small box of patterns I also bought and stuffed in there lately. And sorted/organized all the ribbon into two trays that fit into the oak wardrobe in the sewing room. That's been sitting on the floor in boxes since we gave Mom back her desk.

I haven't even started working in that room but at least those few little things are put away now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hubby and I got down into the Utility Room this morning and picked up. Found cleaners from the kitchen before the reno. Took them upstairs. Necessitated moving our bag of bags from under the sink. DH was trying to throw out all my cleaners! Claiming I never used them. Well, duh, even if I don't you can't just toss them in the garbage. They have to go in the hazardous waste pickup which is only in spring every year. I saved some of the more expensive ones.

He was also commenting on the camp stove we still have, while we already got rid of most of our camping equipment but for two down sleeping bags. I told him I plan on using it for dyeing fabric when it's hot, like now. It's my backup plan for summer dyeing.

Also found the pieces to an old carved oak mirror that used to belong to my grandmother. That's my job to remake and strip and stain. Would love to have it as a mirror in our bedroom! Seems I unearth a lot of projects when I de-clutter. It's hard to know what I'll get to and what I won't.

Finished picture...

2015 Household Purge/De-clutter Challenge-utility-room.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's an interesting orientation for your breaker panel. I've never seen one put in horizontally.

Feels good to get things tidied up, eh? Nice job!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Not sure why they did it that way. But it works, so I'm happy.

Thank-you. Yes, it does feel good to get things tidied up.

We still have a fan issue in this house. You can see the back of a metal floor fan we aren't using right now. We found an extra table top fan on the shelving too. We already have a floor fan going in the living room, one in our bedroom, and one in each of our personal office/sewing room. I had no idea we had the other small desktop one. So a fan purge will be happening here soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Big score tonight! De-cluttered my wardrobe with a friend's help. I got rid of anything that didn't fit, anything I didn't love, and anything I had to iron or do special care on...cuz we all know it ain't gonna happen! Ended up with two large garbage bags for charity. They are picking them up Monday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You're really plowing through that place! You go, girl! I'm envious. I'm not getting done nearly what I'd like to.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks SD. next up is the bathroom. It's got a huge storage closet in it and the vanity hasn't been cleaned out since the girls left home 10 years ago.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sometimes things that haven't been touched in a long time are surprisingly easy to get through. There's usually a lot of stuff you're not interested in anymore, and lots of 'what were we thinking?' stuff, too. At least that's been my experience.

Good luck! I hope it goes quickly for you.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast