2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 100
Page 100 of 271 FirstFirst ... 5090979899100101102103110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, more good news for you! I'm happy about that. It seems like you've finally turned a corner and things are getting better by leaps and bounds. Fantastic! Hope you husband can get his surgery soon. Get his doc's advice about waiting. Sometimes hernias can become strangulated which is not good at all. Husby had that surgery years ago and doesn't even think about it anymore.

I think I overdid it this AM by changing the bed. I didn't think it would hurt anything but I should have left it all hanging out at the foot and had Husby lift the mattress and tuck it all in when he comes home. Oh, well, it's done now. My eye feels okay if I keep it closed, and because of that I'm thinking it wasn't the bed, it's just using it so much so soon after surgery. The first one took so much longer for the dilation to wear off, I didn't even uncover it for three or four days, and that probably helped. I think I'm going to lay down some this afternoon and just listen to the TV or something, or just cover that eye so it doesn't have to do any work. I think it's being strained just trying to focus, too. Or maybe it's sore because it's still dilated and the light hurts a little. Who knows? I'm not worried about it.

I tried a vinegar soak on the glass lid but it did nothing. What worked was the same thing that worked on the base, a green Scotch scrubbing pad and elbow grease, and not even that much elbow grease, mostly just some time gently scrubbing. Makes me wonder why someone who obviously used that pot a lot ever let it get like that. It's sparkling clean now, at least until I can see again. But seriously, if it had looked like that the first two days of the sale, I'm sure it would have easily sold for the $4 they had on it on the first day, for sure for $3 on the second day when everything was 25% off (I mistyped above), and surely wouldn't have been left for me to snap up at half price the third day. I was so sure it would be gone Sunday even in the shape it was in, I was actually surprised to see it there when I went to check around noon Sunday. But since I had regretted not getting it the day before, I was pretty tickled to see it there in its unloved condition. I didn't buy it the day before because I thought it would be much harder to clean up and I don't need another project. Now it looks like new after maybe a half hour, total, of scrubbing. I have a shallower version of that casserole and I was afraid I'd have to get rid of that to make space for the new one, but as luck would have it, I'm able to stack them and the two lids, so I didn't even have to make a choice. I'm happy about that, too. I love vintage Corningware and have a small collection, but the rule is the collection of larger sizes has to fit on a shelf I designated for them, the small ones have to fit on a designated shelf in a cabinet, and every piece has to be something I actually use, not just something I think looks nice. So I was happy to get this piece because I do need it at times, and I love the pattern which is one I hadn't seen and didn't have. Lots of bang for my two bucks! I'm happy to have it cleaned up and off the counter, too. I'm down to one or two pieces I've bought at sales lately and not gotten around to clean up yet, so that's progress.

Still have to wash all the dirty bedding. Hate that job. It's four loads of king-sized bedding that doesn't have enough room in the dryer, and I can't line dry it because I don't have space, and line drying doesn't suck the pet hair off of it. Oh, well, it seems to work out.

Wish I could take the bike out but I can't lift it back out again, so have to wait for Husby to get home. Hate that. But I don't want to mess up the surgery and have to have repairs done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-OMG! just sit. It's only a few days. Glad the corningware cleaned up nice. That's
    not the pattern I call cornflower. I haven't even seen your pattern.

DH had his last day of this job so no more long drive messing up his leg. And no more Yogi to entertain! so we are both happy.
    I have a tree I want to get cut for about $1000. on the side between the 2 houses. We are concerned about the guy next door kicking his druggy son out and if he sells the house. A bunch of kids next door might mean a privacy fence because of our dogs. So as soon as the new job starts paying I think I may do that

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2015 To-Do Challenge-img_0701.jpg

Great news again pinetree! Beastie says bring the ice cream and we'll meet you at the park! Sorry to hear that your husband is going to need surgery but maybe he shouldn't wait to long to get it.

SD - please be careful, you just aren't used to sitting around.

I cleaned the rabbits pen, cat litter boxes, reset house, vacuumed and cleaned master bath before work. After work I mowed the back yard. Dh got home early and pushed the small mower around. He's off tomorrow so guess who gets to cut the front?! There is nothing like pulling in your driveway after work and seeing that your yard work is already done.

Friday
    1 - dust
    2 - inspect DH's cutting job (just kidding!)
    3 - figure something out for dinner
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't just sit. I'm too used to being home alone and doing things by myself. But Husby is home now till Monday I'll probably get him to help me with some stuff. He doesn't want me to injure my eye, either.

I hope we can get shelves in at least one of the new cabinets over the weekend, but painting the trailer has priority, weather permitting. That should have been done a month ago. Too much stuff has been interfering, and a lot of that is rummage sales. It should help now that we've sworn off those. The two cabinets that need shelves are replacing two pieces of furniture I plan to donate, so I'd really like to get the new stuff so we can use it and then as soon as the GW expansion opens and they're taking furniture, we can get rid of those. I really want the utility trailer done, too, so we can haul a few loads to the dump including the two old recliners. It would be a big help in getting rid of the excess created by the upgraded furniture we bought in Cook and elsewhere lately.

I did lay down for a while and that seemed to help. Then I tinkered with my WW cookbook I'm compiling, so that was quiet work and not strenuous.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, Rabbit, what a pretty doggy! Is that your dog park? Very pretty setting.

Sounds like you're getting a lot done. WTG on the yard work, you and your husband both!

I actually didn't get up till almost noon today. I wasn't sleeping but this past month has been stressful and it felt good just to lay there a while.

I can read the fine print on the TVs with the newest implant now. I'm surprised! I'm talking about the tiny print they put at the bottom that nobody can read. Husby will be happy so I can read him the NBA scores now. LOL. I wonder why the first eye took so much longer to recover. Maybe whatever she had to do with the big astigmatism had something to do with the recovery period, I don't know. The cataract was worse in the first eye, too. At any rate, I'm pleased with my recovery so far. It's definite now I won't need glasses anymore for distance vision. That's still a tad fuzzy in the new eye when I look across the lake, but I'm only two days out from surgery and my vision is still improving. With both eyes open, my distance vision is crystal clear now. I'm so happy Husby insisted I get the more expensive implant to correct that astigmatism, and just as happy the other one didn't need correction so we only had to pay for one. But it would have been worth it even if I would have had to do both. It'll be interesting what my local eye doc has to say tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - Do you ever rest?! LOL! Go try out your new recliner!! That is fabulous that your sight is so much better. Good luck at your appointment tomorrow.

That is our County park, (not a dog park) it's wonderful because it's only 5 minutes from my house.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's a pretty park. I'm glad for you it's so nearby.

I relax way too much!

Just got the fifth and last load in the dryer from washing bedding. I hate that it takes so many loads to wash all that, but that's how it is. It's always a relief to get it all done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well the old desk top overheated and i cooled it and I got it up again,on its last I suspect.
    I got the laptop out finally and got the bits put together and got it to the start point. Dh gave me a sheet of gogglytegook of codes for the network w/ passwaords and such. It is killing him I havent' freaked out and cried (literally) for help. We shall see. He is off until Monday so help is near. It should be nice to take it outside and be in the fresh air w/ it. Never had a laptop.

Made the best corn. I rarely eat it w/ diabetes but I was careful and yum it was good.
    Cleaned a stack of cookbooks I bought used a bit ago at S.A. I always wipe the grime off before they are cataloged for my collection. "Added a Hungarian one from the 1960's and 2 Favorite Recipes booklets. And a few junior League ones. Just paid $1. ea.
    gotta replace this keyboard,now the H is sticking. lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning I have 13 lbs of ground chuck to put up...today...
    sweep and mop.
    Un load the dishwasher that is it

My thigh is on fire. ..I have nerve damage..it is hot, numb, stinging and stabbing all at the same time....

Fw hugs i would put up a privacy fence up if I could afford it.. enjoy your laptop hope dd has fun..

Pinetree glad u can eat.. . Hernias hurt hubby has never had one..poor sweet pea. U deserve some rest.

Spirit deer rest in that new recliner.. rest rest rest

Rabbit that is a beautiful dog and nice dog park... u get some rest to

Well it is a dang holiday..

We are doing some dogs on the grill.and going to watch fireworks... not much it will be an easy day.. no kids..... I don't have to make a bunch of food.
    bought a Boston butt already smoked Paige and Jordan are coming up today for dinner... gonna make some slaw. That is it...

Have a Great day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lost 5 lbs of ground chuck.....ah poop

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all! Won't be around much the next two days. My MIL rented a vacation house about two hours away from us for the month of July. We went up yesterday to visit and will go back today and spend the night tonight and Saturday. Got a friend coming in to take care of our cat. We'll be back Sunday. I am bringing my iPad and the place does have wifi so I might be able to check in but I'm not sure. So...Happy 4th to all and hope you have a great weekend!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, take care of that eye! And rest, which I realize is NOT easy for you!

I remember that Corningware pattern and it's really pretty. I used to have a big set of the Spice of Life pattern, I think it was, and now for some reason there are only 2 pieces and 2 lids left. I have no idea what happened to all the rest. My parents gave me the set when I was out on my own before marriage, so it was probably 35 or so years ago. Wow, time has flown....

RABBIT, Beastie is a handsome guy! Reminds me of our Jaxx.

hikr, didn't you say you don't care for raw tomatoes but you like tomato products? Well, me too! Everybody around here eats tomato sandwiches all summer long--but not me. Tomatoes are cut for salads--but not my salad. Tomatoes are sliced to put on burgers---but not my burger. People think I have lost my mind for not eating raw tomatoes but I just can't do it.

om, I hope your leg feels better soon. Does elevating it help? A compression bandage?

fw, glad that your DH has finished the job with the long drive. Also hope your old kitty continues to improve.

Niko, so sorry that BOA has been such a huge issue.

pinetree, your news just continues to be wonderful! So happy you can have spinach again! I hate it cooked but raw, in a salad, oh yum. Just don't overdo.
    Do you know about Pill Pockets for the kitties? They aren't cheap but they get those pills to go down easily. Our cats don't even realize they're taking meds with them. Sorry about DH and the hernia.

Jen, hope you're doing okay.

Oh, before I forget, 2 scoops of a really good chocolate for me, please.

DH and DD have taken Jaxx and Sadie to the river to play and splash. Jaxx is a water baby, he'll swim and stay in the water for hours. Sadie will daintily get her feet wet then she'll watch Jaxx from the shore. It's so cute!

For Friday:

1) Vacuum downstairs
    2) Mop after the river rats have come home and aren't dripping water everywhere
    3) Reset den
    4) Laundry--3 loads
    5) Beg, plead, and cajole DH to hose off the screened porch
    6) Clean litter boxes
    7) Keep an eye/ear out for severe weather -- our weather radio has already gone off once today

I guess that's it. Everyone, take care of yourselves and have a festive Friday!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hikr, I think we posted over each other! Have fun this weekend!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Afternoon everyone!!

RABBIT, That dog is just beautiful!! My, I cant wait to babysit!! What a picture!! You are kucky to have a place like that to go to!

OM, How did you lose your ground chuck? Take it easy and dont do too much!

ilc, lol, Pea takes her pills just fine, she will Not take any liquids, and the vet tried the pockets and she gagged them up.. Yea I know shes a strange cat! But wont trade her for anything!! I love spinach casserole, eggs, spinach, oh yum, beet tops too w/ a touch of mayo..

Jen, hope you are doing better

Hikr00, have a great time!

Niko, have a wonderful weekend, try to have some fun..thinking about you..

SD, You ok? hope you are taking it easy, What did the DR say today? Rest, it will all be there tomorrow, I know, my mess is still here!

FW, hope you get to spend some time in the fresh air, so glad your DH is working from home now. Good Luck With your tree.

Ayanka, I hope you dont have to work all weekend, are you having some fun?

Well felt so good last night I made lasgna rolls for dinner, yum, salad, and garlic bread. Then I really went all out and made a dutch apple pie, I kinda had a hard time with it, I couldnt get the box to open!! lol.. ha ha.. had ya huh!! Marie Callender!! It was good, even tho I had a bite...

My bed came yesterday afternoon, so we have been busy getting her up, shes about 3/4 full with warm water So we will be able to sleep on her tonight! I cant wait!! We will plug the heater in when we are done filling her. All my sheets, comforters, matress pads are all out on the line smelling as fresh as ever.. aww am I going to sleep!! None of these cats have seen a waterbed, so this is going to be really funny!

My list
    get the bed up
    wash all sheets, etc.
    clean bedroom and dust
    make 4 bean salad
    make out deposit

Have a beautiful evening.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM, so sorry about your ground chuck. What happened?

Hikr, have a great weekend! We'll catch up with you when you get back.

ILC, too bad you lost your big set. I'd be sad! My Corningware collection has grown over the years. I'm not sure where my first pieces came from. I used to be able to find it dirt cheap at thrifts but I think it's become 'collectible' now and the prices are generally crazy. I have about as much as I want now, so I'm happy I started buying it before it was discontinued and prices went up. At any rate, IMO $2 was a steal for the one I just got, even with the half hour of work I had to do to clean it up.

You guys think you're weird about tomatoes. I don't like tomatoes by themselves, but I consider a salad or sandwich without tomatoes to be incomplete. Figure that one out! I'm the same about lots of other veggies, too, like onions, cucumbers, etc. I hate tuna salad without celery, but I don't like celery. Until recently I couldn't stand bell peppers in anything, now I put them in just about everything. I'd never eat those by themselves either.

We added a few things to the ta-done list today:

1. Eye exam. All is well. My doc adjusted that weird periscope thingy that you look through to read the wall chart, to what my eyesight was before surgery. WOW! Couldn't see a thing without glasses. Then he adjusted it to 20/20 and it was clear as a bell now. I asked him to show me the bottom line on the chart and with both eyes open I could read it with no problem, so I have 20/15 vision now for distance. Near sight is still fuzzy and probably will be in the long term, so I'll most likely need reading glasses but even my near sight has improved significantly. He said everything is healing nicely and I can quit the annoying antibiotics in my first eye. That'll help a lot. The vision is still a bit fuzzy in the first eye due to the astigmatism that didn't get completely corrected, but it's vastly improved so I'm glad I got the more expensive implant.
    2. Emptied the dirt from the broken table garden and took that apart.
    3. Husby started brushing the hill on one side of the garage so we can get started on the gutters. We decided the little trees had to come down first since even a little tree can easily ding a flimsy aluminum gutter.
    4. Had a conversation and took some measurements for the new greenhouse/garden area. We reached a compromise between saving some space in that area for turning and parking the cars and using up the entire space for gardens.
    5. Found some boards for the new TV cabinet, so I'm hoping we get those cut and installed this weekend.
    6. Finally planted the potatoes. Don't know if we'll get anything out of them or not.
    7. Ran errands in town after the doc appointment.

Not bad for us, especially considering it's so hot and humid out today.