2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 101
Page 101 of 271 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, we did it again! LOL.

Happy for you about the waterbed. Sorta jealous, too. I still miss ours.

I'm doing fine. We were gone this AM into town for doc appointment and errands, and then we went out and did some stuff outside, nothing strenuous. I updated above, so won't repeat it here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, lol, this is too funny!! So glad everything is ok with your eyes, now take it easy, I have to go back and read what you posted!

Ill let you know about the bed, Im not sure about this baffled mattress. hopefully I will love it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think I left it at wally... hugs

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Call customer service and see if they found it at the check out. If so, they should know about it and let you have it, if you've paid for it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have lost m y reciept.. it is.ok...I have got other people's groceries mixed in with mine.I live too far to take them back....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning and happy 4th..
    Hubby is pulling weeds this morning
    it has done c nothing g but rain..
    never did find that reciept
    Paige and her boyfriend came up for supper.....we have lots of pulled pork left gonna make pulled pork nachos f or supper
    if the rain holds out going to free rock concert and fireworks
    Today sweep and mop have not done thatv s nice Wednesday, make burgers f or the freezer. Wash and dry a load of whites...

Hikroo enjoy your mini vaction

ILC my cats name is jasper jax lol and nothing g helps my leg..

Pinetree enjoy the bed. . Lol cats and waterbed.

SD your ta done list wore me out..

Oh forgot my milk leaked had to clean that up... lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om, so sorry about the meat! What a bummer. Hope your leg feels better!

SD, 20/15?? Wow! That is incredible. And wonderful!

pinetree, have fun eating great things this weekend! So sorry you had pie trouble LOL

fw, RABBIT, Jen, hikr, Ayanka, Niko, and everybody else---have a safe and happy 4th!

For Saturday, July 4th:

1) MOP
    2) Finish laundry
    3) Enjoy the day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning!

SD, are you ready to post? lol

I hope everyone has a beautitful day, celebrating the holiday, eating, lighting fireworks, resting, gardening, whatever you wish to do!!

I slept SO good last night I dont think I moved once, the bed needs more water and DH was worried it would be too cold, well its way too hot, but it was really nice. Pea loved it to oshe steps really hard one it so she sinks down with her steps, and you an feel every mive she makes.. Its ok, we will get use to it

I need to make a jello salad for tonight, I am getting a surprise for dinner, I know its smoked, hoping for a pulled pork...I guess the kids bought all kinds of fireworks.. party time

Nothing on my list today, maybe help planting the garden a bit

OM, so sorry about the meat, thats alot to lose right now, you could have really used that!

Have a safe and wonderful day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here I am, Pinetree! I've been outside, on the lake, in the cabin, out in the yard, modifying more desk parts, feeding pets, and just busy, busy. Love that! I like getting things done but the lure of the internet made me forget.

OM, Husby did all the heavy lifting for the ta-done list yesterday, so I didn't get stressed. Today he's working on finally getting the utility trailer primed, so pretty soon we have to go out and turn it on its side so he can get at the most parts possible. I'll be so glad to see it get done.

ILC, I still can't believe my eyes were that bad. You know how it is when something comes on gradually. I think my newest eye is better today than yesterday. I was able to read some smallish print on a label this morning without glasses (close up) but then later, I couldn't. Don't know how to explain that. I've accepted I'll need reading glasses but that's okay.

Hahahahaha! Foolish me! I bought sriracha sauce for a recipe the other day and it was almost $4 for a small bottle. I tasted it and wanted a refund. It's so similar to DQ Flamethrower sauce it's not worth buying it. I looked at the ingredients and sure enough, all the ingredients mayo has, plus hot pepper a touch of sweetness. Flamethrower sauce is mayo and Tabasco. Bingo! Almost the same. The sriracha sauce also has a little bit of sweetener, easy enough to add. So I can add that to my list of things never to buy again! I love it when it's easy.

I've thought about getting another waterbed too, Pinetree. I hate the bed we have now. It's one of those adjustable air beds and it's horrible. It's the worst bed I've ever slept on and that's saying something. I really miss the waterbed, too. I'm happy for you that you had a great night's sleep. I always slept like a rock on our waterbed, too. Now I toss and turn and wake up stiff and sore.

We took a long meandering ride on the lake this AM and it was great! Perfect weather, just a little ripple on the lake caused by the nice cool breeze. My pinwheel did its thing but it makes noise, so I might have to abandon it. It would be cute in a flower pot outside, too. We were out an hour and a half, went to the end of the lake and then explored some coves on the other side of the lake. I really got freaked out when a sharp, spiny BFR the size of a small car suddenly jumped in front of me near our dock. I hate those things! Stupid glaciers. Why couldn't we have a nice sandy lake shore? I thought I had left enough space between me and the shoals our neighbors have to put up with, but with the lake level dropping, those giant rocks are showing up more and more. I don't know why I find them so creepy. It was a good ride anyway. Husby put my bike in and lifted it out, so no heavy lifting for me there either.

Husby's working on the trailer today, and I think once the primer is on, he'll get it all done pretty soon. Sure hope so. Once it's done, then I have to build the new sides for it. Simple but boring and tedious. I've been doing various things today. I used some cable ties and tightened up a wire rack that's next to the new potting cabinet in the cabin entry. We've had that rack for years but the new cabinet isn't wide enough to keep it jammed between it and the wall, so it wanted to pull apart and then the wire drawers that are in it wouldn't stay in their tracks. Which, I'm sure, is why it was thrown away for us to salvage at the dump all those years ago in brand new condition. It was an easy fix and I'm glad it's done. I need to cut a couple shelves for that because there's wasted space in that rack.

Then I modified the two top sections from the two computers desks I've been scavenging from lately. I'm putting them together to set on my desk out in the office, and if I like it, my computer will sit under it and the TV will sit on top. Then we can take down the TV stand that's on the wall out there and install the new shelving unit we bought a couple weeks ago. That would create some good storage there. Slowly but surely I'm going to get that cabin in shape. There's so much crap out there and there hasn't been the right storage till now, so maybe we'll make some progress now with the two e-centers and the new shelves.

I'm also hoping the one lonely last big piece of the broken computer desk will work for a top shelf on the wire rack, above. If so, then I will have used up every single large piece of both desks, and all that will be left to throw away would be a couple of small parts there's no use for. And to think I dragged that thing home to get the keyboard shelf and didn't think I'd have a use for anything else. I was planning to throw all of it away, plus the top from the first desk. So far all of it has worked out great for the various purposes I've used it for. I wish everything worked out as well!

Have a great fourth, everyone! We're not doing anything special here, just some work, and will probably walk down to the dock later to watch fireworks. Hope the bugs aren't too bad, here and wherever all of you are!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Happy 4th all. We are headed out to a lake to picnic,read and take Mackey.
    DH mowed front and back so it wont be a long trip. His leg is better but still a mess.
    We went to breakfast this morning then we sat outside for awhile. We had filled the pool and Yogi alternated between submarine dog in his pool and stick obsession. The other 2 are better at lounging. It was fairly quiet until a back neighbors kids started Marco Polo in the pool but it wasn't too bad. The 6 yr. old next door is allowed to scream ('til I want to beat the parents),it seemed quiet by comparison. We don't say much because we have dogs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like a great holiday, FW. I hate screaming kids, too. It's like a nail right through my temples. Yelling is okay, screaming is something else.

We're done with work for today so we're watching Independence Day, which is required isn't it?

I found out I only need one of the top halves of the old computer desks, so I'm going to use the parts from the other one to make the second shelf I want in the wire rack I fixed this AM. So I'll still be able to use up just about everything from the free desk and won't have to find anything more for the rack.

I moved the TV in my office off the wall shelf it was on and I think the new platform above my desk will work out okay. Then I put the new shelving unit where the TV was and love that. I didn't sort but did throw some boxes up on the shelves and I think it's going to be a huge help. I've decided we need to designate at least part of those shelves for air tool storage, since that stuff can't freeze. Whatever, it's going to be great to have that space now.

I really miss my office. I have to get it ready to use for this winter, for sure. I need to get back to writing fiction again. I've missed that, too. I haven't spent any time to speak of in my office in years, and I should be. I still have story boards up for some of my novels and need to get back to working on them. It was hard to see them hanging there today, all abandoned. I don't think it'll be that bad to purge and organize out there once I can make some space to work and get on with it. I'm excited about doing it, so that's half the battle. That's going to be my morning work for a while, getting things in order. It's time to take back control of my life!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all! Quick check in to say happy 4th everyone! Hope you're having a great day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My desktop in my office is really old. It's a Compaq so that should tell you something. I've always liked it and I just need it now to use my Word program for writing. But it's really slow, and not just for internet. If I'm typing, I have to stop and wait for whatever I've typed to show up on the screen. It didn't use to be that way. Does anyone know, if I used the restore CDs to reset back to the factory settings, would that speed things up? Would it erase all the excess programs on there? I don't care if it doesn't have internet. In fact, it's a distraction I can do without. I'd like to avoid buying a new desktop, but I can't stand how slow that thing is. It takes forever just to boot up now. I'm sure it's full of malware and stuff, too, another reason I wouldn't mind not having internet on it. Would doing a restore wipe all that out, too?

Does anyone know if programs like Finally Fast - Make your PC run like new! work and are they safe?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Restore won't take out all the malware. Bits and pieces hide. When was the last time you defragged and cleaned cookies/cache? You could also delete add/remove some of the programs in there that you don't need. Restore will take off any and all programs you've put on if you take it back to the beginning. I have a desktop from 1998. I had to defrag and dump before I could pull my ebay stuff off of it. Defrag took... 3 weeks??? ... if I remember right.

Use restore as a last ditch effort. Defrag, disk clean up and remove unused programs first. And have a bunch of patience.

Don't use that garbage advertised to clean up. One of the worst viruses hubs ever had came from one of those. Malwarebytes is free and one of the best free ones you can use. Some are better but can't remember the names. Be very careful which ones you pick. But Malwarebytes is free. Can download at Cnet.com
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Be on tomorrow to do more than just lurk. Thank you all... I appreciate all of you... and always have.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6