2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 102
Page 102 of 271 FirstFirst ... 2529299100101102103104105112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've used Malwarebytes so I would trust that, thanks. I've always been suspicious of those ads claiming to clean up and speed up computers, so thanks for that. Sorry for your bad experience, but thanks for sharing with me so I can avoid the same fate.

I wouldn't mind losing everything I've loaded on that computer if it would speed it up. The only thing I've added that I would need to reload is Word.

Just to clarify, you had your computer running on the defrag program for three solid weeks? I could do that. I'd have to change settings so it wouldn't shut down though. It would be worth it if I can avoid buying a new desktop.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok I got read up, more or less. I am going to try to put in a longer post later today, but if I don't, Im more or less alright and not working the weekend, just cleaning up the mess a week with temps in the 90s has left me with. These are really unusual temperatures inhere and I get ill from heat.

SD, I am not great with computers, but keeping them alive is something I am good in.What I used to speed up my nearly 6 year old computer is first to use CCleaner, which is about the equivalent of malwarebytes. For some programs who are a specific pain in the ass (in this case broken programs, used it to get one of them to work again) I used Revo Uninstaller pro. Lastly I defragmentated. The difference in speed is that it is workable again, and generally I can do with it what I want. It is on the list of things to replace, but as long as it works, it isn't on the top of it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning all..
    yesterday did not get much accomplished. .the band was disappointing and so was the fireworks....we did not grill so it was just a normal day..

Today put up green beans and corn for the freezer. And that is about it. ..

Pinetree what kid of jello salad. I love the strawberry pretzel one..have fun today

SD 20/15 is pretty good.u. have such an imagination when it comes to upcycling. Hubs does not.u need an office to write.

Fw I can not stand screaming kids make wanna smack the c parents....

Hello to rest hugs....

Question to all is it just me or have u noticed people looking rougher and rougher. Dirty, dirty old greasy clothes..been seeing that a c lot lately..but I live in a poorer comunity...uhm..

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    I've used Malwarebytes so I would trust that, thanks. I've always been suspicious of those ads claiming to clean up and speed up computers, so thanks for that. Sorry for your bad experience, but thanks for sharing with me so I can avoid the same fate.

I wouldn't mind losing everything I've loaded on that computer if it would speed it up. The only thing I've added that I would need to reload is Word.

Just to clarify, you had your computer running on the defrag program for three solid weeks? I could do that. I'd have to change settings so it wouldn't shut down though. It would be worth it if I can avoid buying a new desktop.
    Yes... Three. Solid. Weeks. But also Windows wanted to update a couple hundred things too. So while I was defragging it was also updating. I was afraid to stop the updating due to being .... oh crap... I don't know why. I just remember I had several hundred book write ups on there along with book pictures to the tune of around a thousand and I needed to get them off there. I sold the same books over and over and it was the only computer that had my write ups on it that was even remotely alive.

But yes... right at 3 weeks. You could probably turn the updates off before you start and cut that but it'll still take awhile.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM, thank you. I haven't noticed people not dressed okay but this is a tourist town, so it's sort of the opposite here. People don't wear their worst clothes when they're on vacation, they usually dress nicely and drive their best cars, etc. We locals tend to dress down, but not dirty and greasy although worn and casual isn't unusual and it's not always about income, it's more about being in the middle of doing some work and needing to run into town for something. I usually don't notice how people dress unless they smell bad. Or if they resemble ten pounds of sugar poured into a five-pound bag! LOL

Thanks for the tips, Ayanka. I hope I can get that computer running better. I really don't want to replace it if I don't have to. There's nothing wrong with it except it's slow.

Thanks again, Niko. I'll see what I can do with it. I'm not very computer savvy but my publisher is, and I know he'd be able to help me step by step with some things if need be. If I could shut off updates I'd love that. Every time MS updates something, something gets screwed up. Hate that!

We've been cutting up lumber this morning and got five shelves cut for two of the new cabinets, the TV cabinet which will also house our travel books, and the craft cabinet. Now I just have to put them all in and put the backers on, and get everything cleaned up. I'm glad now we saved all the lumber from an old entertainment center we had and also from our old kitchen island. That stuff came in handy and saved us a bundle. Still have to cut some shelf cleats from a spare 1x2 we had in the garage.

Good day so far, but it sounds like we might get a storm or at least some very heavy rains.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Guys, happy Sunday!

Om, I made raspberry jello with fruit cocktail, covered in mini marshmallowa covered in a light layer of coconut.. It was good, since its been so hot, I used the no sugar kind wasnt bad. I'm not sure about yours do you use pretzels? Then theres too much salt, I still have to watch my salt and sugar. I dont get out much, the Drs office people are dressed pretty clean.

Niko, gald to see you, hope you are feeling alittle better... hug

SD, man you just cant sit still can you? AND you tell me to go slow!! Its hard!! The bike ride sounds like heaven, Did you watch fireworks on the lake

Ayanka, Be careful, the heat is getting to alot of people, do you have ac in your place

FW. That picnic sounds great! So does sitting outside, enjoying your deck Hope you had a good 4th!

ilc, Thanks, I really had to struggle with that box the pie was in, I thought to myself, this is what I get for cheating and not making it myself!!The guys really liked it.

RABBIT, see you lurking, hope you had a good 4th too!

Hikr00, sounds like you had a great day!

SD, thats what we had to replace in our waterbed, was the airbed, it fit right into the waterbed frame. and was a total waste of money, this waterbed is So nice, its still too hot, and needs alittle bit more water, but we are really sleeping on it. The baffle is nice, next time will get more of the baffle than this one, but we are loving it!!

I had a wonderful day yesterday, the kids fixed dinner, oh my was it ever good!!They smoked prime rib!! OH it was so juicy and tender we cut it with a fork!! Then they smoked corn on the cob, it was really good,they had lime someting on it, oh it was just really good!! They also bought all kinds of fireworks, we had a good time lighting all of them. We dont have fireworks and didnt want to drive to a town that had them. Anyway it was a very nice day! Hope all of yours was the same!

We are trying to get the garden in, but now we have more rain coming, so now we are afraid it will just rot in the ground.. This is not a year for gardens or fruit!

Todays list
    read Sunday paper
    help with gatden
    load of laundry
    load of throw rugs, pea got sick on one of them,, oh I love my cats!!

Have a beautiful day!
    Last edited by pinetree; 07-05-2015 at 01:33 PM.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Zhoen, I sure hope you are lurking, thought of you yesterday and thought of you being retired army.

For some reason I looked at the get well card your daughter made, and found your secret message!!

I am alive, I did not die, I am alive, I read your message!! I had no idea you put that there, Thank you so much, And I know this will mean something to you, I planted parsley yesterday, I will do it every year from now on!!

I hope you see this, I will send you a snail mail too, hope you are all doing well. Sure do miss you!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Afternoon all. Dh has been human Napalm is the yard again w/ that electric saw. Help. He cut the neighbors teacup rose that was just about blooming. I told him this is on him. We have 5 paper recycle bags full w/o a dent in the pile.
    We were supposed to go to home Depot for the fence but ran out of time. I am getting some paint for the appliance area. And will need to fix the walls a bit.

DD is home w/ fudge for everyone-I hate fudge-shhh!
    Gladit went well.

Dmom is having depression and yelled at me because I made her get up w/ curlers on her lap tp answer the phone and its that second time?? I hung up and she seems a bit better today. I want her sodium and potassium checked. Potassium was low last time and she was arguementative and forgetful. It's about the same this time so I bet its low.

Gotta go help Dh. Don't want him too tired for his 1st day tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, that Jell-O salad sounds delicious on a hot day! I didn't go down to watch fireworks. I figured the bugs would be bad and I hate going to bed full of bug spray. Husby went down for a while and got chewed. I'm way too good at sitting still, but I just don't want these new cabinets sitting around like the new entertainment center did, the first one we got this spring.

FW, LOL @ human napalm! It sounds like you guys are working like crazy on your place.

We got both cabinets done now, but I couldn't find a board I like for the missing shelf in the new shelf unit in the cabin, so we didn't do anything with that yet. It turned out there was only space for one shelf in the new TV cabinet, DUH! I had measured but failed to take into account the 2" wide trim on the front of the shelves, plus how tall most of our travel books are. So our travel books will need some serious purging for all of them to fit. I was going to get rid of some anyway.

The craft cabinet is going to be so nice and hold a ton of stuff. All the crochet thread will go in there, and I'm hoping I can get all the yarn in, too, but that might not work out. Regardless, it's going to hold a lot of stuff. The shelves we put in aren't pretty but they won't be seen much anyway and they'll do the job. I still need to wash that one down with Murphy's and make a set of curtains someday for the leaded glass doors in the bottom section.

The former living room TV AKA The Monster is back in the bedroom now on its new stand. I like it! I'll sort the travel books into that soon and then I'll have another shelf for cookbooks, which will be great. I need to make a curtain for the TV stand, too. I hate when the spines of my books get all faded. I'm so glad those are both done. Still can't believe we bought six entertainment centers this year. Crazy, for people trying to purge a house, but they're all upgrades that will help us out in the long run. All of them are completely usable for their intended purposes now, just have small things left to do on them. That's a relief!

Still have to make the cardboard pull out trays for the craft cabinet. That won't take too long.

I managed to staple my finger, but it's just a flesh wound. I haven't done that in years.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

After being gone for two days I don't think I have a prayer of catching up! I hope you all had a great holiday!

We had a nice time visiting family and will be going back up for a couple more days come Wednesday but we really wanted to get home today and get some stuff done around this house (like mowing the lawn) and get some more painting done in new house. We have a boat cruise tonight to see the fireworks. The little town next to us has a little carnival celebration thing for a few days over the 4th and they always have fireworks on Sunday whether it's the 4th or not to close out the carnival so we got tickets to go out on the boat to see them so I'm really excited about that for tonight.

Won't get anything else done tonight but tomorrow I have a list. Got some more wildflower seeds to plant, laundry to do, grocery shopping and bill paying and working on the painting stuff. And a swim! Hoping it's a sunny day. Enjoy your evening!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like everyone had a great weekend either having fun or getting a lot done, or both!

Today we went to Sandfest, a professional/amateur sand sculpturing competition. It was a lot of fun and they had a great band playing. When we left there we went to the boardwalk by the Blue Water Bridge and sat and watched the boats and freighters go by. Came home and DH bbq'd for us. Nice relaxing day.

Monday
    1 - grocery shop
    2 - trim tree in front
    3 - dailies
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I'm getting back to normal. My doctor couldn't see anything wrong on the X-Ray, so I'm right, and it was a waste of money.

I've decided that trying to catch up is just going to make me crazy, so I'm going to do what I can and it will get done when it gets done.

Tomorrow:

1. Take the rug out of the dining room. I hate it, and it smells like the dogs, so it's gone!
    2. Blanch and freeze green beans from the garden. Hubby and I picked a ton yesterday.
    3. Wipe down the appliances. I am ashamed of how bad they are.

Have a fantastic day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mom called and invited us for supper, so we went. I appreciated that after working all day in the heat and humidity.

Glad to hear you had a nice visit, Hikr.

Rabbit, Sandfest sounds fun!

Jen, sounds like a plan! You can only do what you can do.

I went through all the travel books including some we had forgotten about in another bookcase. I was surprised what the new cabinet holds, even with only two shelves. That's about six feet of shelving. We didn't weed out more than a half dozen, if that, and we still have about a foot left for space. There are some we will get rid of when we run short of space, but they can sit there for now. And they look so nice in their new space! So worth $10. I like that the shelves are 20 inches deep because we have some really big coffee table-type books, and they fit nicely stood on edge with room to spare. The bottom section of that cabinet will provide a home for all our small electronics, laptop cases, stuff like that which has never had a real home and seems to float around the house. That's going to be such a big help in taming clutter. The books are all packed up and Husby will drop the box off at GW tomorrow. Yea!

I can see I need to completely rearrange my cookbooks now. I've gotten a lot of larger WW cookbooks the past few months that are keepers, and they've overrun their space. It'll be nice to be able now to spread stuff out a little. I should have plenty of room now. I purged a couple cookbooks, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit-sand fest sounds awesome. We should go to Port Huron again. I have gotten so set in my small circle. When the kids were little Summer was like one big daytrip.

Sd-just in the back and we are only 1/2 way around. I have just been begging for 3? yrs maybe 4 for help. The front by the driveway is overgrown w/ 2 rabbit hutches and 4 chipmunk stumps. As soon the neighbor next door finally is out. Daddy kicked him out. So far a whole dumpster is full, he's only been there like 3 yrs., We will cut back the side "forest". We want to cut that huge tree and several scrub ones.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning! The fireworks cruise was a lot of fun. There was one seat left in the bow when we boarded (unobstructed viewing) so I told DH to take it because he loves fireworks. I was more there for the boat ride piece although I did enjoy the fireworks. He came back to my section once we were headed back to the dock and said his group was snobby. Poor DH, he should have been in my section I guess because there was a family there from Indiana and we had such a great time chatting and laughing. The back section of the boat had a roof which is why no one wanted to sit there. They did have big windows though that were open so you could see just fine. Nyquil gave me a good night of rest from the stuffiness and coughing but the bad part is I feel groggy still. I was perkier when I first got up but now not so much. I need to grocery shop today first thing as DHs lunch depends on it. LOL! I have homemade spaghetti sauce in the crock pot. I'm a little nervous...it's my first attempt at spaghetti sauce and I also am attempting to keep it a low sodium item. The whole thing has 345 mg of sodium so that's not too bad. I entered the recipe into myfitnesspal as one serving because I don't know how many servings it will make so if I eat the whole pot it's 345 mg. Once it's done I'll measure it out and see how much it made then I can break it down into serving sizes of 1/2 cup etc. I'm going to test it in a bit to see if I need more spices. I'm sure I will. I want it to simmer a bit and let what's in there get started and then see how it tastes. I'm not sure I can pull this off! Worse comes to worse we have jarred sauce downstairs and I can heat that in the microwave if this is a complete bust! LOL!

Rabbit I agree with FW, Sand Fest does sound like fun! What a great idea. I love a nice relaxing day.

Jen I'm glad you're getting better but sorry about the wasted x-ray money. You reminded me I haven't wiped down my appliances in a while either and I should.

SD How was supper with DMom? Did you see any wildlife out back while you were eating? I bet every day she gets up and falls in love with her new place all over again. I did a cookbook purge a while back and should probably do it again. My weakness is Taste of Home magazines. Such good recipes and I hate to throw them out so I hang on to them. Yeah, it's time to let some go. Honestly I tell myself that most of the recipes are probably on the Taste of Home website hoping that will inspire me to toss but it hasn't yet. LOL! I'm a tough sell.

FW2 you are making great progress!!

Well best get cracking. Enjoy your day!