2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 103
Page 103 of 271 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104105106113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning I slept till 9..

I will never catch up.. lol
    We are a"chatty bunch
    everyone's 4th so u did like fun and the food.yum..

1 of my triggers is dirty /greasy people...my abuser was a mechanic...so my anxiety level was way up...
    Besides being in a small croud..

We are getting nothing g but rain here I am losing my tan.

We put green beans and corn in the freezer yesterday...

Today
    unload the dishwasher
    do laundry
    sweep and mop
    pick up the lr and bedroom.

Ham sammies and pasta salad for supper out of potatoes. .lol..

Oh I love taste of home one of my favorites.

Lurkers please post...

Hugs to all.. Thank u for asking me feel so welcome.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi ladies! Sounds like everyone had a good 4th of July.

Well, now we have a hole in our kitchen floor. We can see down in the basement! Yesterday morning I stepped on a spot in front of our non-working dishwasher and my foot sunk in a little ways. DH checked it out and sure enough, it wasn't the only mushy spot. So he had to get the dishwasher out of its spot and remove tile under it and in front in about a 2 ft x 2 1/2 ft area. The plyboard was rotten in about a 1.5 ft x 1.5 ft section, and some of the rest was damp. He made 2 trips to Lowe's and one to Harbor Freight to get drills and tools that we didn't already have. Fortunately all the tile is reusable, even the pieces he cracked. Plus my disposal under the kitchen sink is leaking worse so that has to be replaced too. Bummer! We're going to bite the bullet and get a new dishwasher too. Suggestions, anyone?
    We've never bought or replaced one so I guess some research is in order.

Except for that we had a nice holiday weekend. Georgia has made fireworks legal and they can be used ANY day 10 am to midnight and New Year's and July 4th till 2 am. Several new fireworks stores have opened locally. We had neighbors setting them off Saturday night so we got a free show. They didn't go high but they were loud.

Jen, I'm with you, some days I just start over with things because I will NEVER get some things done in a timely manner.

For Monday:

1) Help DH as needed
    2) Errands-- Dollar Tree, Kroger
    3) Add to list of library books to look for
    4) Reset den
    5) Put up new shower curtain liners
    6) Wash sheets/remake bed

Have a good Monday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, doesn't matter, it still sounds like a lot of work getting done. You should post before and after pics! I bet the change is dramatic.

Hikr, sorry to hear you're sick. Get better soon! Good luck with the spaghetti sauce. It really is simple so I'm sure you'll do just fine. BTW, herbs and spices in a Crock-Pot should be added in the last half hour of cooking. Otherwise, all the flavor cooks out and everything is bland.

Supper was good! Mom loves her new place more all the time. I'm so glad we were finally able to talk her into moving. She resisted for quite a while because of it being double the cost of where she was, but once we finally got her to go look at the places and the two units she saw were in exactly the best location in relation to the surrounding woods, she was quickly convinced. There was a raven hanging around when we were there, nobody else that was noticed. She's had a doe and fawn that comes around in the mornings though. She thinks they're drinking from her birdbath.

OM, sounds like you had a good sleep in your new bed. You're getting lots done. Sorry about the greasy people triggering your anxiety.

ILC, dang, that's a big mess in your kitchen! Glad you're getting the repairs done and that no one got hurt with the damaged floor. I don't get things done in a timely manner either. I always have such good intentions....

Mom washed down that e-center we dragged off the curb for her to store cookbooks in. She used Murphy's first and said the water turned black, and then hit it with furniture polish. It doesn't even look like the same piece now! I couldn't believe the difference. It looks so much brighter and has such a nice sheen now. We finally got the trim on the bottom where we damaged the veneer on each end, so the damage is covered up and that looks nice, too. All three of us just can't get over how that cabinet appeared like magic just when she needed it. Some things are meant to be.

My Prevent coach set me up on a schedule for decreasing computer time and I love it! I'm usually doing more than required. I'm only at one hour now, but that bumps up to two hours on Wednesday. It's embarrassing to admit I've been a habitual abuser of the internet, but there it is and now I'm fixing it. I was out working in the cabin for a couple hours this morning and I'm so excited to finally be getting my office in order again. Today I just shuffled things around, no purging yet. No working space yet. I'm hoping for tomorrow. I'm hoping Husby can help me when he gets home because I'm having trouble getting the two kitchen cabinets apart and I have to in order to get them into their temporary space. They're very much in the way where they are, plus I need the top of them to sort books and stuff for purging. I don't know why we ever thought using square-drive screws was a good thing. We may have to drill them out to get those cabinets separated. If that's what it takes, I'm all for it.

Here's the ta-done list for the cabin so far:

~I got all the rugs put away in totes, so they're not cluttering up my rocker in my office now. There's room for them on top the potting cabinet.

~I moved the spare table and all the crap on and around it out of the way, stacked the spare dining chairs on it, cleared and swept the space where the stubborn kitchen cabinets will go.

~I found out my boom box still works after sitting idle for years, and I still know most of the words to the Hal Ketchum and Bob Wills CDs I listened to while I was slaving away. Now I need to root through the truck and van and reclaim the dozens of CDs Husby has stolen from the cabin while I wasn't looking. Okay, I took some out of there and put in the cars, too, so we're equally guilty! Music makes me want to write.

~I cleared everything out of the two cabinets that need to be moved, and will clean those after they're moved. Then I'll be able to store things in them like the sink I bought to go into them when they're installed in our master bath.

~I managed to bury my poor desk under a giant pile o'crap that all needs to be sorted. But I'm okay with it because I've concluded it has to get worse before it all gets better.

~I finally got the new Porta Potti up out of harm's way. Still can't use it but at least the lid isn't going to get broken now from having stuff stacked on it.

~Measured for the curtain I'm going to make for the door out there, which should have been done years ago.

~Found my folding easel to set storyboards on.

~Located and installed the window screen that we took out when we put in the window AC.

~Found a collector print from the Trans-Antartica expedition, signed by one of the co-leaders. I had forgotten we had that. It's framed and I need to figure out where to put it up. I also have a complete set of patches with the names of all the expedition members that needs to be displayed with it, plus some other official patches. Almost no one on the planet has a complete set, so it's something unique that's a souvenir of an event we really enjoyed following and being involved in, albeit after the fact.

In the house, I got the boxes for the new craft cabinet cut in half and the ends re-glued. I weighted those and they should be dry before too long. Then I can cover them with Contact paper, hopefully yet today.

I'm excited! It feels like we're finally making some progress around here.

It stinks outside and it's so hazy I can't see across the lake. Last I heard it was Canadian fires and I sure hope they're staying north of us. We're having some of the worst air quality in the country right now and who needs that? It's rainy and supposed to get stormy too. A thrill a minute around here today.

Does anyone know anything about waterless hand cleaners? The foamy kind, not the kind that comes in a wipe. We don't have water in the cabin and I want to be able to clean my hands sometimes out there.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ilc thank goodness u didn't fall.....
    SD u make my head spin
    hugs..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was making my own head spin this morning! I got a lot done. I hate shuffling stuff because that means I'll have to handle it again, but sometimes that's the best way to do it and this is one of those times. I'll be happy when I can start purging. As soon as those kitchen cabinets are in their space, I'm going to start sorting and dumping stuff and figuring out what we need to sell. There's a ton of nearly new camping stuff out there and summer's a good time for that, I hope.

I checked and the new cardboard trays are drying nicely. I might let them sit there till tomorrow. I don't want the glue to pull apart because I was impatient.

I tried to put our camping recliners back in their bags and they don't fit. I washed them in hot water when we had mice in the back of our truck out in South Dakota last year, and apparently the canvas shrank. So now I get to make those bigger. It never ends....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well, I think its almost noon, I kinda slept in too, its OM's fault, I thought today was sleep in day!

Maybe the new bed is too comfortable!? DH slept like crazy too, I am So glad to get rid of that air bed. OM, I am glad you are sleeping too, do you feel better today!?

Jen, SO glad to hear you are ok, but a drag going to the Dr.. hope all goes well for awhile!

ilc, oh my gosh!! Its a good thing you didn't falll thru!! I have a GE dishwasher, nothing fancy, but my DIL"S sister gets hers off craigs list, sometimes people buy new houses and change out appliances and she gets new or newer ones for dirt cheap, you might check. Here we would probably go to home depot, or lowes..

FW, lol, your DH is probably having a blast in the yard!! Hope you Mom is doing ok, Funny how she low on potassium and I am too high.. Bet your yard is really looking nice.

Hikr00, you sauce will be wonderful, a friend of mine told me to put in alittle sugar, I never have but if its too sour you might try that trick! Let us know how it goes! Feel better soon!!

RABBIT, I have always wanted to go to one of those sand things, maybe someday, did you take pictures?? Would love to see some! Glad you have a good time.

SD, wow, you are like that energizer rabbit, keeps going and going and going...I am pooped out just reading what you have done this morning!

I finally got 7 quarts of fruit cocktail put up, not sure how many more I can get, hoping for at least 5 more. Will watch for fruit to go on sale again and pick up more. This isnt enough to get thru the fall, so I will have to do more. Should have beans coming in soon, so will have to put up a mess of those too. The family loves dilly beans, so will do alot of them

The high is suppose to be 70*, it was 93* yesterday, what a difference, but the ac's are off. feels weird in July.

OM, glad you joined us. Keep thinking positive!!, hugs..

Niko, Have a great Monday!! You're closed right?

Have a great day!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi, SD, looks like we like posting at the same time!!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, what else is new?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Did not get the floors done today will get them tomorrow. Laundry has wiped me out

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay, so I'm not patient. I have three of the new trays covered with Contact paper and should finish up the other three today. I've already started moving stuff in. So far things are fitting nicely, but I have a long way to go. I sure hope all the crochet and tatting thread will fit in the top section. I'm trying to reserve the smaller bottom section for yarns.

I also got the shelf I added to the bookcase we were using for a TV stand out of the bookcase. It went in hard, so I was expecting a problem getting it out again, but it wasn't too bad. The bookcase goes into the back porch for tool storage so that'll be out of the LR soon. Can't wait! One big piece of clutter out of the way soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yeah what else is new SD? I was going to take bets how long it would be before you started with the contact paper!! lol..

OK guys, looking for some help here. I have a baking pie, thingy I got from my grandma. so its Old. Its, round, has scalloped edges, has a 4 inch hoie in the middle and is 12 inches across. I would love to clean this thing up, and keep it clean, I have cleaned it, then sprayed with pam before baking a pie and it turns black, from baking in. I love this thing and would love to pass it on to my son, do I just let it turn black? Its made out of a light weight metal, maybe alumium? (SP).

and of course forgot my list, man am I getting bad!!

unload dishwasher
    clean up and wax kitchen sink
    wash out coffee pot
    fruit cut up and in fridge
    clean off counter
    clean offf table
    do some exercises
    thats enough for today

having sams chicken for dinner, its still 4.99 per chicken here. jello salad, lettuce salad, 4 bean salad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You know me too well, Pinetree! I got them all done now, so that's another part of the project off the list. Tomorrow I might start sorting, if I'm not too sick of sorting in the cabin.

Don't know what to tell you about the pie thingy. By black, do you mean black like a cast iron pot, or black like that dark gray aluminum gets when you boil hard water in it? I guess either way if it wants to be black, maybe I'd just let it be black. I dunno. It's hard to tell without seeing it. What do you bake in it? You said there's a hole in the middle and I can't picture a pie made that way. If you're making a pie with a regular crust you shouldn't have to spray it. Is the spray what's turning black? I looked on eBay for something like you described but couldn't find anything. Sounds interesting.

Husby was able to get the cabinets apart, finally. I'm glad! We got those moved and I hate them there, but don't have anywhere else for them to be. At least now the new bathroom sink that'll be installed someday can be inside the cabinet and shouldn't get damaged and won't be in the way. I can use the top of the cabinet to start sorting books. I dread going through all my old manuscripts. Of all the things I own, those are probably the most difficult to part with. So far, I haven't been able to. Probably won't be able to now, either. They represent so many hours and days and months of my life and so much hard work. But I have plenty of other books to dump. I need to clear out my eight-foot wide bookshelves out there so I can finally round up all the AeroGardens and get them into storage out of the way. They're sort of scattered around the house now and I only have three running. But the bookshelves right now are full of, are you ready for this? Books! Most of them can go.

There's a lot of junk in front of the bookshelves, too. Literally junk. We moved a big silver trash can out there along with a bunch of big contractor bags, and boxes for the books, so I can start purging tomorrow. I can't wait! I'm hoping I can mow through stuff pretty fast. A lot of it is no-brainer stuff I know we don't want, so that will go fast.

I can't wait to look over the former e-center we put in the middle room for camping stuff. We got it home, put the shelf unit and two e-centers in place, set some coolers in the one for camping stuff, and then promptly set the kitchen cabinets in front of it. I can't recall the details of the shelving in there. Can't wait to see what'll fit in there.

Husby hooked up my TV out there, too. There's something wrong with the cable so the screen isn't real clear, but it's good enough for now. I'm moving back in!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

wow?
    I got July and Aug. budgets done,paid the taxes,H. ins. and a few other things
    Took a nap as I had been up 24 hrs.
    Dmom sounded better. She went groc. shopping w/ a lady from her church
    Dbro is now taking her on Fri. to the Dr. and sticking her w/ the dog again.This time for the weekend! He just tells her whats happening and she just goes w/ it. I am angry because we made this appt. a month ago and I monitor Dmom. He won't even go in. He is cutting her grass on Wed. and I am mad about that because I just got her convinced to get a service. The leaves are piled 3' high across 1/2 acre? from 2013 and I can't imagine why no ticket. He won't address that. I thought we would work together-right.

Day went fast and I am just doing todays' list tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree, can you post a picture of your pie pan? I'm trying to picture it in my mind and just can't. As far as it turning black...is it galvanized?

I'm 2/3 today. The rug isn't out because my son had an appointment today, but he promised to help me tomorrow.

Tomorrow:

1. One load of laundry.
    2. Take out the rug.
    3. Dehydrate some hash browns.

Have a fantastic day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

PT-I got the impression you meant a pie crust cover-that metal strip?

Forgot to say-no,the yard looks like a bad haircut that needs to grow out. I will be trimming and weeding and raking bits for weeks. No camera./no phone=no pictures