2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 104
Page 104 of 271 FirstFirst ... 45494101102103104105106107114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No one told me we were all going to sleep in today!

fw - little by little you will get your yard done. We are finally starting to do projects around here and it seems like we're knocking them out one by one.

SD - wishing you luck on your cutting back on the internet. I'm sure the first few weeks will be the hardest and then other stuff will fill your time. It might take you a while to list all your "ta-dones" now though with all your extra time!

hikr - glad you enjoyed the boat cruise! I make myself rip out recipes from magazines as I'm going through them so that I won't keep the whole magazine. Although now I have a bunch of ripped out recipes that I save.

Jen - sorry that the doctor wasn't able to pinpoint why you have the pain. Hope your feeling better.

om - your dinner sounds yummy as usual.

ilc - Oh. My. Gosh! What a mess with your kitchen floor. Good thing your DH can fix it and salvage your tile. Can't give you any advice about the dishwasher, we have the same one that came with the house. (12 years)

pinetree - sorry, I don't know what you can do with the pie plate. SD might have some ideas. You sure got a lot of fruit cocktail made, I bet it tastes far better than bought.

3/3 today and I made a pasta salad to go with dinner and baked a banana bread for DH when I got home from work. Wanted to go to the park with Beastie but just ran out of time. Had to water the flower beds outside and my tomato plants. Here are some pictures from the Sandfest.2015 To-Do Challenge-img_0814.jpg2015 To-Do Challenge-img_0791.jpg2015 To-Do Challenge-img_0817.jpg
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2015 To-Do Challenge-img_0797.jpg2015 To-Do Challenge-img_0800.jpg
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't know why those came out like that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you RABBIT those are So cool!! I would really like to see that someday! Wow the detail!! oh Wow!!

Are you trying to see if I can hang upside down? Not yet! lol
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The thingy is to bake pies on, it keeps the overflow on it instead of going to the bottom of the stove, its 12.5 inches across. round, the in teh center it has a 4 inch hole, maybe so the pie crust browns better? I'll see if DH will help me with a picture,

Its like burnt on stuff, like a cookie sheet but this is thinner metal..
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning

Hope everyone is well.
    today cat litter
    work clothes
    sweep and mop the house

I laid down on the sectional yesterday and it smelled like dogs.. it has not been shampooed in about 2 years. So I am buying ashampooer and vaccum next....
    little things add up.

ILC thank god u didn't get hurt..hope u get it fixed soon

Pinetree thank u haven't made pasta sauce in for ever.. it sounds like a ring for piecrusts....don't know how to clean it..that is old.. have not seen one since my nannies. She passed away 45 years ago

SD post pics of your projects.. don't part with your writings....I lost my cookbook I wrote during many moves.... yes I wrote a cook book over 20 years ago.. was a dream to get published..

Fw u andyour brother need to have a long talk. Good luck to u

Jen I have never dehydrated anything but bananas, I freeze my hash browns.

Rabbit the sand pics were beautiful...hugs I love to cook.

AyAnka and Nikko hugs..

I am trying to stay positive there is no way I cound go back to work with these tremors.besides my mental health

SSD is difficult process they starve u to death trying to get it

We have so many cases of fraud in my area of the country by one lawyer every case is being looked at hard..and it has s lower down the whole process..

Google him Eric C.Conn. he is such a crook.. . 21. 3 million dOlas he has been paid from social security. . He had judges doctors working for him.

Any hoo have a good day...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Morning all,
    OM-no talk will work better for Dmom who is looking for a male to follow. Most times my Dbro is a sad photocopy of my Ddad. The photocopy always loses quality from the original. I just hate men throwing their weight around.

ILC-don't know what to say except prayers to ya. We remodeled an old kitchen and found a fire in the wall and 2 layers of subfloor. Such a PITA.

Rainy today so no outside work. Prob. get some laundry done. Maybe run around w/ cleaner. That worked ok last time.

Rabbit-thanks those are just insane.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all,

Nyquil is a wonderful thing. Slept right through the night. The only catch is I feel so groggy the next day. Yesterday I wound up laying down late morning and slept for 3 1/2 hours. Some of that may just be because of the cold but I bet some is the Nyquil still knocking me out. I suspect the same may happen today. Once I got up the second time yesterday it was much better. I got pulled today and made it to the store and got the groceries, did laundry, got some cleaning done around here and took a swim.

Today I need to go pick up DHs meds at the pharmacy as they just called and said they are ready and also pick up stuff for shepherd's pie. The family at camp requested I bring that for dinner tomorrow when we go down for a couple of days. Today DD and her DH are hosting us all for dinner. I wish I could chew! Grilled marinated chicken and grilled roasted potatoes and summer squash sounds good (well, not a fan of summer squash but the rest sounds good). I just finished a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. So uninspiring.

ILC what an awful mess to deal with in your kitchen. Thank goodness nothing (and no one) went through the floor before you found the soft spot. Our dishwasher is GE and has been going strong since 91. It's not the quietest on the market though. Around here the best prices are at Home Depot and Lowe's. We just got a washer / dryer from Home Depot and had a good experience with that purchase.

SD I've been cooking for DH and I for 30 years and had no idea you weren't supposed to put spices / herbs in till the last 1/2 hour in the crock. Whoops...I've never heard that. I tossed everything in at the start and just tasted as I went along. It is a little spicier than I typically go for but I added crushed red pepper and that may have done it. That could explain why when I tasted it after a few hours I thought it was a little bland so I added the red pepper. I'm sure I'll have to play around with it a bit since this is just the first time I've tried it and see what we think once we have it over pasta. I did put a little more water in it to thin it out a bit. I used two cans of no salt added tomato paste and one large can of no salt added tomato puree so it was thick. I don't mind a thicker consistency but this was a little too thick so a cup of water solved that. It's going to be a work in progress! LOL! The big plus is it's 345 mg for the whole thing and when I did the math after I weighed how much there was it will serve 8 so the sodium will be minimal which is what I was most worried about. Well, I'm worried about the taste too Glad dinner with your Mom was nice and that she's enjoying her place more and more each day.

Pinetree how do you do your fruit cocktail? Do you can it or freeze it? DH likes fruit cocktail and I'm wondering if maybe I should try to preserve something along that line for him for the winter months. I have no clue about the baking thing but that's so intriguing. I hope you can figure it out.

FW your brother makes me want to growl So sorry. It sounds like he has his own agenda and is totally leaving you out of it which is wrong. I love how much progress you're making on your yard though. Nice work!

Rabbit thanks so much for posting those pics. Those are awesome!! That must be incredible to see "live". Very neat.

Jen I've never thought of dehydrating hash browns. Actually to go a step further I've never made hash browns unless they've been purchased and I just had to cook them. I'm intrigued by the idea as now that I'm watching my sodium I'm finding the frozen ones are LOADED with the sodium and if I do them myself I can knock that down. Do you have a recipe?

OM Yes, Social Security Disability is a tough one. Hang in there and I hope it comes through soon. Your comment about the couch made me think we haven't shampooed our carpets in a dog's age. At this point with an impending move I'll wait till we and our furniture are out of here then go through and do it before we sell the house. It's been a LONG time since we've done that. Just haven't thought of it!

Waving to Ayanka and Niko! Hope you guys are doing good!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

RABBIT, those sand sculptures are awesome. I would have sworn some were carved of marble or granite.

fw, so sorry about your brother-mom situation. I loved your metaphor about your DB being a photocopy. It puts you in a very awkward position. Good luck with your yard.

om, SSDI is so incredibly abused around here too. Parents at my school would occasionally decide they needed money and would try to get their child into special education---the rumor was that you get money for having a child with a disability. As the lead sp ed teacher I had the unenviable task of informing them that it wasn't applicable to all situations. I also had to fill out a number of questionnaires about kids whose parents were applying for their child. I remember once I wrote, "This child would function much better at school if he was given his meds in a consistent manner instead of constantly being changed by his adult caregiver." Of course there were a few kids who truly deserved the help, as there are adults. I hope you get yours. It is a long and frustrating process, I know.

SD, keep your manuscripts. Ditch some books. I donated 12 big boxes of my mother's books to our local library guild. They were books she had collected, some first editions, but after a lot of research I found very few of them were valuable at all, and only a handful had sentimental value to me. Those, of course, I kept. The rest I hope found very good homes at the old book sale. I no longer keep books just to have books.

Jen, are you feeling somewhat better?

pinetree, your supper menu sounded good. The pan---try baking something in it and see what happens. It sounds as though it may be ok.

Ayanka, Niko, hikr----hope you're doing well.

Didn't get much done yesterday, so maybe today will be more productive.

1) Financial stuff with DH DONE
    2) Record recent expenditures
    3) Help DH with floor as needed
    4) Reset den
    5) Research dishwashers

Have a good day, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hikr, thanks for the info about the dishwasher. Is your jaw any better at all?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3 for 3 today go me lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oheoh's momma View Post
    Good morning

I am trying to stay positive there is no way I cound go back to work with these tremors.besides my mental health

SSD is difficult process they starve u to death trying to get it

We have so many cases of fraud in my area of the country by one lawyer every case is being looked at hard..and it has s lower down the whole process..

Google him Eric C.Conn. he is such a crook.. . 21. 3 million dOlas he has been paid from social security. . He had judges doctors working for him.

Any hoo have a good day...
    I just started the SSDI process. Do you have any advice? I did hire a lawyer my doc recommended. Thankful for her, she took 3.5 hrs to re-do my entire application because I didn't want to admit the personal stuff I can't do. I do understand they get a lot of fraud but 2 yrs to wait seems excruciating. How do most people, especially single people, go that long with no income? And just automatically denying the the first claim seems excessive. I don't get why they draw the process out so long because when they do pay, you get all the back pay from the day you applied. I get that it is fraud heavy but when you have a stack of bad test results, multiple notes from 4 doctors, hospital stay reports etc., why can't they dig a little deeper and make the decision sooner? It feels like a system that wants you to give up and go away. I resisted applying for so long, determined I would be back at work no matter what they said, that I kind of screwed myself for waiting so long to apply. I felt guilty applying, until enough doctors said it was past time to apply and why feel guilty over a federal benefit that you worked 23 yrs to earn? That makes sense. Im rambling, sorry. Anyway, if you have any tips, especially on how not to freak out for so long with no income, I would much appreciate it. Take care.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for asking how I am doing. Mentally, Im not doing so good. I had a pretty unpleasant conversation at work, because I make too many mistakes partially due to being overly tired, partially due to mental problems, things from the past haunting me and all of the stress work and the whole house bunch. And sorry, I don't want to talk about it further right now.

Bernice, ramble away. You probably need it and there is no need to apologize for it inhere, all of us have had problems and not only financially. What might help is having a look on the old threads in the financial hardship part of the forum. They are a pretty interesting read and go back to the recession of 2007-20??.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    Afternoon all. Dh has been human Napalm is the yard again w/ that electric saw. Help. He cut the neighbors teacup rose that was just about blooming. I told him this is on him. We have 5 paper recycle bags full w/o a dent in the pile.
    We were supposed to go to home Depot for the fence but ran out of time. I am getting some paint for the appliance area. And will need to fix the walls a bit.

DD is home w/ fudge for everyone-I hate fudge-shhh!
    Gladit went well.

Dmom is having depression and yelled at me because I made her get up w/ curlers on her lap tp answer the phone and its that second time?? I hung up and she seems a bit better today. I want her sodium and potassium checked. Potassium was low last time and she was arguementative and forgetful. It's about the same this time so I bet its low.

Gotta go help Dh. Don't want him too tired for his 1st day tomorrow.
    Interesting to read that sodium/potassium was low when your mom was argumentative and forgetful. I had the same experience with my mom which I thought was early stages of dementia. It got so bad we had an ambulance come pick her up...turned out she had dangerously low sodium levels (and put on IV for a week). The doc said she had to cut down on her water intake (she drank a lot of water every day). This was six months ago and, recently, I asked the doc to check her sodium/potassium levels again just to make sure everything is fine. I was so ticked off when he said he wasn't planning on it. I forcefully told him that, 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.' He then reluctantly wrote an order to her to have this checked in six weeks. What is it with some doctors. I'm glad I go with my mom to every one of her appointments. I used to work in a medical office so know the lingo fairly well which helps. My mom will let people push her around so I need to go up to bat for her!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, prayers and hugs coming your way!