2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 105
Page 105 of 271 FirstFirst ... 55595102103104105106107108115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bernice it will take 2 to 4 years....they try starve u it seems like.

Stockpile I do run out of stuff.. I try not to
    food pantry
    learn to make your v own products
    I make my own bleach spray, fabreeze, taco stroganoff mixes..ect..
    save cash when u can.. this is the hardest because we have so little money..
    don't use credit cards I only had one instead of maxing it out I shredded it..
    reduce your bills..

the first year I had to hubby had 3 surgeries in 6 months..my family and friends helped me alot. Bought tide, cat litter. My make up...ect.. (for my birthday , Christmas, mothers day...)
    One friend even gave 2000 dollars when she got her inhertence.

I never asked for a thing my friends they helped me so generously...

I was proud and wouldn't ask if u need something ask for help.

I don't know if I helped u any.. I try not to worry..I believe God has a plan for me

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Slept in again, I laid in bed until 4am. why? I have no idea, now its almost noon... ugh

Ayanka, sending up prayers here too! Try to take it easy and take some deep breaths. Vent when you want.

Bernice, thats exactly what they want, is for you to get tired of waiting, and give up on it. You have got to put it in you mind, that you will not quit, sometimes it only takes a year, and they use to backpay. I have no suggestions on how to make it with no money, we had dibability Ins kick in. Hang in there, Keep your lawyer, its easier to get it with a lawyer than without one.

OM, Congrats! 3 for 3!! Go, you!!
    Would it be better to buy a can of shampoo? Maybe Woolite, until you can get some of the other things you need? Just thinking.. Buy yourself some popcorn, watch the calories in it. eat it when you go for a cookie.. it might help you.. Stay postiive! hugs

ilc, thank goodness you can fix the kitchen yourself, have you picked out a new dishwasher yet? Hope you get it back together soon.

Hikr00, great job on the sauce!! its great having a low salt sauce!!

I can the fruit cocltail, layered in a quart jar ( you can use pints ) peaches, pears, pineapple, then green grapes. I dont put in the cherries anymore, they cost too much and turn white when canned. I cover in extra light syrup, then water bath here for 30 minutes. Check out pickyourown.org. its a really good site, you have to scroll way down on some of the pages, they have step by step directions on canning, freezing, making jams, all kinds of things..

FW, sounds like you and your brother are having fun again,, I really would like to know why men are so stubborn. Hope your Mom is Ok. Hows your DD doing at her new job, hope she still loves it.

Jen, hope you are feeling wonderful today!

Niko, You ok? you never came back. Hugs

Hi to anyone I forgot..my brain is really scattered lately!! OK more than usual... lol

SD that who I forgot!! Maybe I can post before you get on!! Hope your day is going well!!

My list
    cut up friut
    load of whites
    clean up stove top
    work for awhile

Its been raining for 2 days now so its hard to get anything done.. just want to lay around. my legs are feeling like jelly again, so I have got to get up and do something to strengthen them, walking just doesnt seem to help, they just give out on me, and I dont need to fall and break something.. the high yesterday was only 59, so was chilly, back to the 90's in a couple days.

Have a great day everyone.. take care..
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Pinetree thinking of that.... I need to stocpile.. so it is a thought

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM, learned something on joyce that might help you, when you are having trouble, ask for help. help me do what I need to do, help me stay calm, help me get this off my mind, ask for help when you need it, feeling down, ask for help..

See yourself as healed, not sick or tired, see yourself as healed.. stay positive, speak as if theres nothing wrong with you...like a smoker never sees himself as a non smoker so he cant quit smoking, kinda makes sense, going to try it!

lol we posted at the same time!!

Hey guys those of you that want to try Zaycon, they have 97/3 hamburger for $3.99 a pound, this is really good stuff, the 80/20 here is 3.99 lb. save up if you have to its not delivered until oct. The thing is it comes in, I think 30 lb boxes, split it with a friend or relative, if you have to.
    Is that right Jen?
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank u pinetree.. positive thinking..is a learning process.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Momof five-thats just the issue this time. Dmom is too agreeable and won't call to check on test because "she is sure they would call if there was an issue" Yep. Nothing ever gets lost or screwed up at the lab! Dbro is taking her this time.He just inserted himself so he can drop the dog off w/ her. He also has no idea what to do. I been doing this for almost 2 yrs w/ her. I doubt Dbro will even attend the appt.
    The sodium/heart/ and kidneys are constantly out of whack. So she got the pacemaker. It has helped the heart so her legs swell less and she can have less diuretics (which helped her legs but knocked the sodium out of her). Now we have added Potassium issues. That being too far out of whack can cause seizures. Some of the meds for heart/heart related issues have a depression component which can also make you crabby. It's a bit overwhelming. And a no win situation. And also yes,she was really neurotic and anxietious. She wouldnt go for me so I called Dbro and he took her in. At first it was hard to tell because she is an over worrier from early abuse but this was to a ridiculous level. To stop work disfunction level.

Went to lunch w/ DD before she goes back to work tomorrow. Then we S.A.'ed.
    I got nada. She got 2 swim suits,a dress,3 spools of ribbon,wooden crochet needles,and some other asst. "needs".lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ayanka View Post
    Bernice, ramble away. You probably need it and there is no need to apologize for it inhere, all of us have had problems and not only financially. What might help is having a look on the old threads in the financial hardship part of the forum. They are a pretty interesting read and go back to the recession of 2007-20??.
    Thank you. I hope things get easier for you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice View Post
    I just started the SSDI process. .
    My memory just keeps getting worse, I have a feeling I've said the exact same thing several times, asking for advice, getting it, forgetting it and asking again. Feel free to remind me, "Francine, we've been down this road a time or ten," eventually it will sink in. Sorry!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, sorry you are going through such a rough time. You really do have a lot on your plate right now. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day for you.

Wednesday
    1 - dentist for crown appointment
    2 - dailies
    3 - clean off desk
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning
    hope everyone is feeling better

Fw brother sounds like bully.... your mom has been through so much.. how hubs leg... your yard sounds like it is going to be beautiful.

Hikroo can u chew now......hope that Nyquil, knocks out that cold... I have not made sauce in forever probably for got how.

ILC so much fraud. It is shameful post pics when u get the kitchen fixed

A yanka we all have bad days and being over tired doesn't help hugs

Hi mom of 5 boys and Nikko

Pinetree I have been eating fruit.because we have extra in the budget for it....... I think I will rent one.. it is a huge 8 piece sectional. How many cans would I need lol..

Rabbit Goodluck with the dentist. ...

Bernice welcome

.today
    personal time Bible reading
    housework
    blacks
    patio table
    unload diswasher
    daily chores
    supper
    Baked chicken mashed potatoes, corn on cob...

Bye check in later

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OM-all the yards around are beautiful w/ pristine grass and the pools. Our dogs run constantly so the weeds rule here. Also the house needs the $$ instead of a lawn. BUT we will do what we can w/in our ability. thanks

Did the DW and 1 load w/ 1 waiting. This is like Mon. chores w/ the week all upside down. Need to call the vet to schedule more pet care routine appt.
    Maybe the oil change and a few groc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope everyone is having a good Wednesday.

Ayanka, how are you today? Better, I hope. You too, Jen!!

om, you have wonderful friends to have helped you the way they did! Oh, we're having baked chicken and mashed potatoes too!

fw, so sorry your brother isn't as attentive to your mom as he should be. That happens so often in families but it's still frustrating. I was blessed that my brother was wonderful with both our parents.

Bernice, you repeat all you want to. We understand.

RABBIT, good luck with that crown.

momof5boys and Niko, hi!

SD, working in the cabin today?

pinetree, I hope your legs feel better today. You are still accomplishing so much! High of 59, then in the 90s? That never happens here in the summer---this week and next we're getting highs in the high 90s. No, no dishwasher yet. DH is going to finish the floor, then replace the disposal, then we'll think about the dishwasher. The fun never stops around here.

For Wednesday:

1) Help DH as needed with the floor
    2) Financial stuff with DH DONE
    3) Work in pantry
    4) Hose off screened porch
    5) Catch up on some emails
    6) Sweep and polish floors in hall, dining room, and stairs
    7) Church tonight

Have a good one, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's Wednesday already? I can't keep track.

Not out in the cabin. I should be. But I have rugs in the washer and can't really leave those unattended.

We've decided to donate the pool table to the rummage sale in Cook for next year, assuming they'll come and pick it up. Once we decided that, I started thinking about all the other stuff around here we could donate. I need to make a list and discuss it all with Husby. There are things we've talked about keeping to repurpose, but no matter how much I love a good repurpose, I'd rather have more open space in the buildings.

I'm bugged because I can't find my crabby chicken recipe. I know it's written down in about a dozen different places and I can't find it anywhere. I hate that! I stopped by here to see if I posted it in the FV cookbooks. Sure hope so.

Husby got the primer on the trailer last night so that's a start. It's windy now so I don't know what's going to get done today. Maybe he'll move it into the garage to paint it. We really need to get that done.

Hope everyone's having a good day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all,

Dinner at DDs was nice last night. DH didn't make it. He has my cold now. He got up stuffy yesterday at 8:30 and went back to bed around 10:30. I woke him up at 2:00 or so to get ready to leave for DDs and he was too stuffy, tired to go. So I went solo. Got back around 7:00 or so and he had just gotten up but he went back to bed at 8:30 and slept through the night. He did get up at 8:30 this morning for meds but went back to bed. I peek in on him to make sure he's ok. He's a champion sleeper.

Today I need to go back to the grocery store to get the ingredients I forgot for the shepherd's pie. Sigh. I knew I was forgetting something when I went yesterday. I need to get the ingredients all cooked today and then assemble it and bring it to the camp tomorrow to cook there for lunch. While I'm out I need to pick up this little arm thing that broke on the toilet so now you can't flush. The magic never ends around here.

ILC my jaw is a little bit better, thanks for asking I have done a couple of tentative chews and it was only minimal pain every couple of chews (I took a soft choco chip cookie for dessert last night at the dinner) instead of pain every single chew. It feels like my jaw wants to "pop". You know that feeling that something isn't quite in joint or something like that? Strange feeling. I need to pick up more of anti inflammatory today and I see the doc next week so we'll see. Hopefully it will be a good week. I'm still mainly sticking with stuff I don't have to chew though because doctor said to go very easy and either no chew or minimal chewing.

How's the kitchen coming along?

Ayanka I'm sorry it's so stressful right now Sending a hug and hoping things improve very soon.

Bernice I hope SS comes through soon for you. I agree with OM and stockpile, make your own cleaners, be religious about shutting off lights. I had read years ago that (at least in my area) it was cheaper to use large appliances before 7 am and after 7 pm. Something about there being less drain on the system? I can't remember. Anyway, I started doing that with the washer etc and found my electric bill dropped 10 bucks that month. Maybe it's not true but since then I've always done that. Unplug stuff you're not using, make your own mixes instead of buying the processed ones etc. I know there's a recipe board somewhere on the Village with recipes people have posted or you can google. You can hang out clothes to dry outside to save on the electricity from using the dryer. If you can't dry them outside you can set up a drying rack inside and lay them over that. I did line dry everything but towels. I hated towels dried on the line. They were so stiff and call me princess but I like a soft towel. LOL!

Do you belong to a church? Our church has a fund in place for members of the congregation that fall upon hard times and they will help you pay your utility bills, give you a gift certificate for groceries or help with a mortgage payment if you're in a crisis situation. We also have a clothing bank where folks donate their good used clothing. If you need clothes and don't have the money you can get free clothes from there etc. Good luck and always remember, this too shall pass.

Pinetree the low salt sauce was good but I definitely need to cut the spice a bit next time. It was a bit spicy for me. I think the crushed red pepper sent it over the top. LOL! I'd also use a little more water as it's pretty thick. But overall it was a success. Thanks for the fruit cocktail tips. I'll have to see if DH wants me to give that a whirl for him so he'll have that over the winter months.

OM this is the first time I've ever made homemade sauce! I am surprised at how easy it really was. How did the shampooing go?

SD you must be knee deep in cleaning the cabin or constructing something amazing out of a Q-tip and a paper clip. You're the MacGyver of our group

Waving to anyone I missed!!

Guess I'd better get moving and tackle the day. Hope it's a good one for all!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't gotten out to the cabin yet. I'm just so exhausted lately. And this AM I'm baby-sitting a load of rugs in the washer, which is done now, and looking for my crabby chicken recipe. I need to find it soon since the chicken is already in the Crock-Pot cooking. Otherwise it'll turn into some other kind of chicken, like regular cream cheese chicken. The recipe for which is with the crabby chicken recipe, now that I think about it. But I could fake that one easily enough. I haven't made crabby chicken in a while and I can't recall clearly what the recipe is.

And I just this second recalled where the original recipe is. It's in a great cookbook written by one of the gurus of Dutch oven camp cooking, Cee Dub Welch. Well, DUH! And ouch, I just slapped my forehead too hard, but I deserved it. But at least I know where to find the dang recipe now. How could I have forgotten? I really need to go camping and do some DO cooking for a change. We don't camp anymore, we travel, and don't have the time and energy to cook over coals. I'm going to forget all I've ever learned and all I've ever taught other people about DO cooking if I'm not careful. That would be a pity.

I want the last two hours of my life back for a do-over.