2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 106
Page 106 of 271 FirstFirst ... 65696103104105106107108109116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Guys,

This sleeping in has got to stop! That bed feels So good DH is sleeping in too! its amazing how comfortable it is, I have never slept this sound and long for I don't know how many years. I wish we would have gotten rid of that other bed years ago.Good thing is I am finally strting to feel rested.

We have a health advisiory out for smoke from the canada fires! Its pretty bad, We thought it was from Idaho. I am suppose to stay inside until it clears up some.

thinking about buying a case of apples for applesauce,, thinking...

list
    check grocery sales
    work on letting things go, fell into a hole yesterday, sometimes things from the past can come up and just knock you off your feet. need to think
    work on a big job
    climb out of my hole

have a nice day ladies, welcome to momof5boys and Bernice

Hope everyone has a great day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi SD, nice to see you at the same time, again!! lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hahaha!

I'm still not out in the cabin, but I wish I was. I've been doing my duty as editor, so that's done for a little bit, but I wish I was at my desk out there. I always feel so much more professional in my office. Maybe I should remove everything off my desk and get all the cords and computer stuff organized and cleaned and reconnected before I start on the middle room. Then I could maybe get in some writing or at least start working on trying to clean up my old desktop so it runs faster.

Cream cheese chicken it is! The crabby chicken uses Swiss cheese, not cream cheese, and I need to use up the cream cheese since it was outdated in April. We just had that not long ago but that's okay, we like it quite a bit.

I wonder if I have any Swiss cheese in the freezer for next week or sometime...

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, you miss one day and it takes forever to catch up. I got so busy yesterday that I forgot to check in. I got rid of the rug, and then I had to wash the floor and then the windows looked dirty, and then and then and then...you get the picture.
    So I did my laundry today and the hash browns today.
    I'm going to try to remember everything I wanted to comment on, but if I forget something, just smack me.

Dehydrating hash browns: No recipe needed, I just shred the potatoes, blanch them, and dehydrate. If you want seasonings you can add them after you blanch. If you don't blanch potatoes before dehydrating they'll get black and taste "off".

I totally agree with Pinetree, Zaycon Foods has the best ground beef I've ever had! It comes in 40# cases, but I usually split with my SIL to make it easier to afford.

I noticed a few people who are working on getting SSD. Mine was rejected in the first round, but approved after the first appeal hearing. It took about 6 months. I had no lawyer, and I think that worked in my favor. My SIL is still working through it after 2 appeals and her lawyer dumping her, and she is worse off than me, though she has fewer diagnosed conditions. I suspect that the lawyer just ticked off the judge. I just helped her put in her second application(you have to start over after your second appeal) and I advised her to just go in alone if she has to appeal again. I found the judge to be very kind and helpful when I went in alone. Almost as though he was advocating for me.

I hope I didn't forget anything.

Tomorrow:

1. One more load of laundry.
    2. Clean out my purse. It's starting to hurt my shoulder.
    3. Make a grocery list for the stock up store. My once a month trip is on Friday.(if I'm up to it)

Have a wonderful day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw - we have a 85/15 lawn here, 85% weeds and 15% grass. I'm sure yours is better!

SD - hope your cream cheese chicken comes out good

pinetree - thanks for sharing the advice you heard on Joyce, I'm going to start using that in my life.

hikr - glad to hear that you jaw is feeling a little better

ilc - you have a screened porch? I love screened porches. We had one in our cabin up north when I was a kid and loved being out there.

om - you are blessed to have such wonderful friends

I got everything done that I wanted to get done before my dentist appointment and I'm glad that I did. Ever since the numbness wore off my tooth has been aching. I'm trying to ignore it but it is making it very difficult. My Border Collie just threw up part of a toy so I hope this is not going to be a vet visit. Today was expensive enough with my crown and paying the summer taxes. My checkbook is hurting!

Thursday
    1 - Meijer, pick up chicken thighs
    2 - clean downstairs
    3 - cut back lawn weather permitting
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=hikr00;4112168697]Hi all,
    Bernice I hope SS comes through soon for you. I agree with OM and stockpile, make your own cleaners, be religious about shutting off lights. I had read years ago that (at least in my area) it was cheaper to use large appliances before 7 am and after 7 pm. Something about there being less drain on the system? I can't remember. Anyway, I started doing that with the washer etc and found my electric bill dropped 10 bucks that month. Maybe it's not true but since then I've always done that. Unplug stuff you're not using, make your own mixes instead of buying the processed ones etc. I know there's a recipe board somewhere on the Village with recipes people have posted or you can google. You can hang out clothes to dry outside to save on the electricity from using the dryer. If you can't dry them outside you can set up a drying rack inside and lay them over that. I did line dry everything but towels. I hated towels dried on the line. They were so stiff and call me princess but I like a soft towel. LOL!

Do you belong to a church? Our church has a fund in place for members of the congregation that fall upon hard times and they will help you pay your utility bills, give you a gift certificate for groceries or help with a mortgage payment if you're in a crisis situation. We also have a clothing bank where folks donate their good used clothing. If you need clothes and don't have the money you can get free clothes from there etc. Good luck and always remember, this too shall pass.

[/ one for all!QUOTE]

I'm trying to take advantage of my parents' kindness, they cover the electric bill (I cover TimeWarner), they are buying the groceries. My dad is the only one functioning half way decent, I spoke with him and offered to figure out all the grocery sales and loss leaders, coupons, Aldi's, Ocean State Job Lot, etc. He's having back surgery in a few weeks, it's too much to send him a bunch of places to save money. While he's recuperating we'll have to do delivered groceries. He feels that we eat fairly cheaply already, he always does loss leaders so until I am cleared to drive, I kind of have to defer to him for now. Once I am, I used to be good at eating very frugally. So I have not used the church's assistance or the food pantry, or applied for SNAP (I figure I should wait to see if I get long term disability from my employer, rather than apply now and have to cancel soon) yet, but I will do these things should the need arise.

It's really hard to do all the really frugal things I used to do because of my physical health. I bend to pick up a laundry basket of clothes, have no BP, so I fall face first into the basket, it's ridiculously stupid. But as soon as I am better, I will do better with saving pennies. I've done it before, I can do it again. Just not quite yet, lol.

Thank you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's hard to mess up cream cheese chicken.

I found my desk! The top is clean but nothing is hooked back up except the modem, since we need that for our network. I have to muck out the drawers. Apparently we've had mice in the cabin. Eeeeewwwwwwwwwwww! It's happened before and I thought we had the openings closed up, but apparently not. I just hate cleaning up after mice. But other than that, I'm starting to really love my office again.

I got all the pictures moved off the bookshelf and into the new cabinet out there. They just fit into the bottom section, so that was perfect. Someday I'll go through them all and do some scrapbooking and sorting and organizing, but for now they're out of the way and safe.

There's not as much junk out there as I thought there was, but still lots of sorting. Overall though, I'm still hoping it won't take that long.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bernice that sounds like a win / win with your Dad and you splitting some of the bills. They probably are enjoying having your company there too at the house! Don't rush yourself on trying to do everything at once. It will all come together in its own time. Just do what you can and don't give yourself a set back trying to do too much.

SD I've heard about a cream cheese chicken recipe but never tried it. Will have to see about maybe having that once I can chew again. Sounds intriguing.

Rabbit what is it about dogs eating their toys?? We had a Great Dane who loved nothing more than eating the arms, legs and faces off of her toys. I was forever finding remnants of said animals out on the lawn (and I'm not going to say why I found them out there...I think you can figure it out. LOL! God bless her large digestive tract!). One time I bought her a stuffed cow that mooed when you tipped it up or down at the pet store. On the 20 minute ride home that cow was mooing constantly. I was smiling thinking "how sweet, she loves her new cow". Got home and opened the back hatch for her and found her sitting there amidst a huge pile of fluff and cow parts strewn everywhere. Her snout was covered with fluff and she looked so proud of herself. "Look Mom, I saved us from the cow!". Good heavens. I had to laugh.

Jen thanks for the instructions on the hash browns. I'll have to dig out our dehydrator and give that a whirl. I just bought more potatoes today. I wonder where we packed the dehydrator?

DH has the "man cold" so he spent the afternoon in bed after we went out to get the prescriptions and the piece to repair the toilet handle. I put on my suit, ignored my chores and spent a blissful two hours in the pool. Sun is shining, it's warm and a nice breeze was blowing. I felt so spoiled rotten (and I loved it).

Now I'm back inside and the chores await but I'm rejuvenated so it's all good. Hope you have a good evening everyone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The cream cheese chicken is based on the recipe from the book Crockery Cookery by Mabel Hoffman that was a big seller back in the seventies. Here's the original recipe though I don't see any credit being given to poor Mabel. Naturally, I've adjusted it to make it healthier (who needs the butter? Among other bad things.)

https://recipeland.com/recipe/v/anne...crock-pot-1153

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-I have that book somewhere.

Rabbit-baloney! remember you posted the picture off the deck of that gorgeous lawn. Our lawn is broad leaf something or other and a few patches of sad grass. The rock garden plastic has long given up the ghost and the weeds have sprung. The former field it was is winning. At least the acorn aren't sprouting.
    When I was younger before we had the dog,I left the acorns for the cute little squirrels. I learned the hard way they just bury them and you have 90 some oak trees. Bending and plucking,bending and muttering,old guy next door laughs. I guess next week we will work some more. Rain on and off again.

Did groc. shop at DD's work when I picked her up. Got the oil change and a KFC bucket for tonight. Finished the DW load and still have to pull the load from the dryer. Pokie but progressing? I clean up after a dog or cat every day so I hardly give it concious thought. I sort of have paper towel "stations" around the house.
    I did (TMI?) laugh the other day because apparently a dog had swallowed some shiny ribbon and had made a colorful "gift" on my deck. (When regular just won't doo?)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning I unloaded the dishwasher, changed the cat litter and that was it.. phone rang off the hook.. read my Bible.aND cooked supper
    today sweep and mop
    patio table
    figure something out for supper
    unload the diswasher

Fw our yard is crab grass.. we only get it cut once a month. ... weeds on the side on the hill..flowers are expensive....

ILC. My friends are great...they really are.....I am blessed by this group of women.. I am renting shampooer next weekend

Bernice be a light natzi, un plug... we are paying for food and cleaning..pets and personal.. car insurance my brother is paying utilities.
    he is being real good to us.... plus hubby fixes stuff. It works out..

SD glad u found your recipe..

Pinetree rest, climbing out of that hole may be all u can do..

Jen I have not seen a judge yet......the ss doctor told me to get a lawyer..

Rabbit hope no vet visit and you mouth feel better

Hikroo nikoo, mom 25 boys hugs

A yanka hugs

Hope I did not forget anyone.. have a great day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey, thanks for the support. I am doing more or less ok, feeling relatively good physically and mentally. I am working the night shift this week though and not making too many chore lists, just taking things as they come. I should be able to make a list tomorrow, even if it is a ta done list rather than a to do list as today is my last night shift and after that I have a full week off.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning,

I woke up at 5:30 and debated getting up because I needed to run a load of laundry...but fell back to sleep and didn't wake up again till 8:30. Bliss! I think I caught the sleeping in bug that's going around this board. LOL.

We are headed back up to the camp today and will be back on Saturday. I'm doing a quick load of laundry before we go then we are out the door. I got the shepherd's pie made last night so I'll bring that with me. I have food packed that I can eat too. I know they'd buy stuff for me but I just hate to make them do that when I'm capable of bringing my own.

Pinetree letting things go is easier said than done but once you do let it go it's so freeing. Just do your best to climb out of the hole one step at a time. The process is one that I don't think can be rushed but in due time we have to move on. Sending a hug and a boost up the ladder out of the hole.

Ayanka glad you're feeling better and yay for upcoming time off! That will be so nice. Any plans or just going to take it easy?

SD thanks for the recipe. I googled and found a million of them so was wondering which one you used specifically. Do you use the cream of soup mix that you sent me vs the canned? What could I sub for the sherry / sauterne? I've never used either of those. hahaha. I'm a very basic cook

OH you've reminded me I need to unload the dishwasher before we go! Thank you. I love reading my Bible. It gives me such peace and really keeps me grounded.

FW2 LOL at the gift from the dog! Nice of him / her to wrap the gift with pretty ribbon. You just gotta love 'em. KFC...we haven't had that in ages. Yummy.

Hi to Rabbit, ILC, Niko, Bernice and anyone I've missed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OM, it sounds like you were busy.

Ayanka, hang in there. Things should be easier once you close on your house. That will be a huge relief for you. That's going to happen soon, isn't it?

Hikr, I hope you have a nice visit with your ILs.

I do use the cream soup mix. It seems to me I've subbed sour cream for the soup, too, but I could be thinking of another recipe. It would work anyway. You can skip the wine. I usually have some broth develop in the chicken as it cooks (I use BSCB, usually from the freezer) and just use that, or add a little water. I like the sauce to be thick so if I'm missing a half cup of liquid it doesn't hurt my feelings. See how thick it is, and if you want it thinner then just add a little water or milk to thin it down a bit.

I hooked up my desktop and tinkered with that this AM even though Husby volunteered to deal with the damn thing for me sometime. It's a mixed bag of news on that. The good news is my Word program works fine and runs as fast as I need it to, but the somewhat bad news is it's only Word 97. The bad news is I uninstalled the problematic Weatherbug program that I've suspected is slowing everything down and now it won't connect to the internet. Which, now that I think about it, isn't necessarily bad news except now I can't Skype, which I need to for work. I got frustrated with it so quit trying to make it work, but the bottom line is at least I know I don't have to buy a new desktop. My ancient laser printer also works perfectly which is amazing because the toner in it should have gotten weird years ago.

I dragged in about 500 manuscript pages to look at. I haven't started yet so I'm not sure what novel it is or what version or if it's partials of more than one. Going through my mss. is going to take forever. I'm going to wear out Husby's new shredder dumping all the excess pages. I have several copies of my first novel because I had so many beta readers and they all wanted to read it at once, and there's no way I'm going to just dump complete manuscripts into recycle.

Going through my how to write books is going to take forever, too, because I think I have to actually read them to know if they're any good or not. All I know for sure is reading how to write books really messed up my writing, so maybe I should donate all of them. That, and writing short fiction because it's hard to switch back and forth. I'm thinking about writing short fiction again but then again, maybe not. I'm very undecided about the whole writing thing at this point. So much has changed since I started writing fiction, I would literally be starting from scratch all over again. All I know is I want to write fiction again. I had so much fun back then playing with all my imaginary friends.

I filled three boxes of books to donate (other than writing books) and ripped up a bunch of my college textbooks to recycle. I probably cleared almost an entire eight foot shelf, all together. Tomorrow I'm going to try to get the top shelf cleared of that bookcase and then start moving the idle AeroGardens out there. That'll help a lot to declutter in the house.

Also on the ta-done list is assembling five more lettuce salads for our dining enjoyment. I put the fake seafood in them that I was going to put into the crabby chicken. Husby will love that.

Not sure what the rest of my day looks like.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good Afternoon!

Yep slept in again, I think I need to get rid of that new bed!! DH is doing the same thing, is like we havent slept in years!

ilc,??? Its been a couple days, you Ok? Should I start hitchhiking to come check on you?? Pop in and say HI!!

Ayanka, I hope you really enjoy your week off, get some real rest and relaxation!! When do you close on your house? Did it get delayed again? Take Care.

FW, I bet your yard is really looking good, to bad you didnt take pictures. Hows your Mom's tests? I really don't know why I worry about her so much, But I Do. KFC sounds So good, will have to see if I can eat it.

Bernice, dont worry about forgetting things, I have been really good at that lately, these ladies dont even think twice about it, they are all wonderful friends! I dont know where I would be today without all their help, they are life savers, and I am Not kidding on that one!

Hikr00, thanks for the help with the ladder, ugh, I have this big appointment with my cardio, Dr. Monday, and have all this junk hanging over me.. It will work out, but sometimes things are just So stressful, trying So hard to stay positive,,,,Have a wonderful time, really enjoy yourself!! See you in a couple days, And dont forget to not chew anything!!

RABBIT< I hope her words are helping you, I am trying like crazy, sometimes the mind will just stick to crap, and its hard to get rid of, then sometimes I think people need to grieve and we just dont allow time for that anymore. Take care... enjoy that new toy!!

OM, Thanks for the support, I refuse to stay down!! I have come too far to let someones stupidity drag me under! Staying positive and asking for alot of help!! This hole may not be as deep as I thought! Maybe I can just roll over and be out of it!! You take care of yourself friend.

Niko, Hi, Hope you are taking it easy too. Keeping you in my prayers...

Jen, wtg on drying the potatoes, thanks for reminding me I have a bunch I dried last year and forgot about them!! Thanks for the help with Zaycon, I couldn't remember how many pounds it was. Hope you are feeling wonderful today!

SD, ugh, please send me some of your energy!! Man you just keep going and going, I feel like I am sitting still. lol, I guess I am!!
    Thanks for the recipe, need to see if I can change that so I can eat it. Hey, don't you have a dr. appointment tomorrow?? Let us know how it goes, hoping you dont need glasses!! Good Luck!

OK, I need a no salt cream of mushroom, onion, brocolli, you get the hint here, anyone have a good tasting one I can use? I am also getting off my tail and trying this sub, soy sauce, I am getting tired of not being able to eat my favorite things!

I did think of all of you last night when I ate Tillamook, rocky road ice cream!! I thought of each one of you and took a big bite, it was filled with almonds, little marshmallows and the chocolate was so creamy!! I had to take a big bite for everyone, So ate way too much, but it was SO good!!

todays list
    fold the whites in dryer
    find dinner
    sweep kitchen floor.

Have a fantastic day!!