2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 109
Page 109 of 271 FirstFirst ... 95999106107108109110111112119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our internet was down almost all day here. Very annoying. It was down for no reason, and now it's running fine for no reason. I bet I got in 2,000 steps running back and forth to the cabin trying to get it working.

FW, don't you have online patient records there? We have a program called MyHealth where we can log in and check our appointments, e mail our doctors, get our test results, schedule appointments, etc. Of course it's password protected and all, but if you had your mom's password and access to her online account, it would solve a lot of problems for you.

Pinetree, that's a cute bike! It looks like the frame on ours, only ours has pontoons under each of the crossbars. You would have loved the lake this AM. I left the dock intending to bike down to a resort nearby, but instead headed out to a line of islands. Then I got distracted by a gull and followed it for a while (it was a real pretty gray one) before I encountered a pair of loons who did not allow me to get too close. After a while I got tired of chasing them so I biked over towards a spot where the lake meets the road, but then got bored with that so headed back to the islands. I never did get to them, but instead decided to circle around our tiny island back toward home. As I came around the island, I encountered six loons! I've never seen them in a bunch before, so I was intrigued and veered off course to follow them. I thought at first they were the Canada goslings we had seen down by the resort last time we rode over there, but nope, they were definitely loons. I was able to get fairly close to them, within probably fifty feet at most. I concluded they were a pack of adolescents out running the neighborhood without adult supervision, and that's why I was able to get so close to them. They were too young to know better. Once they all decided maybe they should be worried about the tall stranger trying to catch up to them and dove to make their escape, I finally wandered home. It was a long, meandering, unplanned ride and I loved every minute of it. I pedaled over an hour and rode a couple miles, I think. The lake was like glass and there was nobody around at all, just two or three pontoons far away and a kayaker headed away from me when I left the dock. Perfect! I saw ducks and gulls and at least a dozen loons, our favorite.

I had one of those drip catchers but never used it so got rid of it. I don't think you'll be able to keep it from turning black unless you cover it with foil.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. We're supposed to be at the place where our greenhouse is at nine AM tomorrow, so it's going to be a hot, busy day. I hope we get it all moved tomorrow. Not sure we'll get it set up this year but I hope we do, because otherwise it won't be up in time for us to use next spring.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

fw - can't stop laughing at the "googly eyes" comment! LOL!! Is your mom even up to watching their dog? I am also glad that I now know who is responsible for windows 8 & 10. I didn't know.........
    Hope tomorrow goes better for you.

Well I got the lawn mowed with the riding mower but was hoping DH would get home in time to cut with the push mower. Nope, he just walked in the door and he left for work at 5am. So I will cut it tomorrow and do everything else on my list that I didn't do today. Was fighting a migraine all day so I wasn't my best.

Saturday
    1 - bake cookies
    2 - do everything I didn't do on Friday
    3 - go into town and run errands
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - wondered where you were. Every time you mention the loons I try to remember to dig out a CD I bought on vacation years ago. It has really nice calming music with loons in the background. If I don't do it now, I'll forget again. I love the sound of them, you are really lucky to have them so close.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/3 today. Not much to add, another day of really tired...4 hours of sleep, and I'm still not sleepy, just bone weary.

Hubby and I are going to finish the concrete in the yard this weekend(a new path to the gate) so I expect to get nothing done in the house.

Have a fantastic weekend, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit-nope. She can't walk it ,it will pull her bad,and she doesnt drive so if it gets hurt she is up the creek or should I say the dog is. She knows no first aid or medical care. He is a hunter and she has many things like possum and woodchuck. If the dog gets bit she prob. won't even know unless its bleeding. She has heart issues and is a very panick oriented kind of person. She has now missed 3 church services in 4 weeks. And I would come and help but I am an hour away,don't know vets in the area. Just 2 people taking advantage. Last week she spent a whole week home because last time the dog tore up the door.
    I have talked until I was blue and she blows me off. I would say not my prob. but I will get sucked it somehow.

Dh got the computer set up and their is internet outside. Pretty much everything
    DD said was wrong. She meant well. But its set up so thats good for now. Dh said he will test out window 10 when its released and maybe dump windows 8 then.

Doing some bedding. but I am crashing soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi back, Pinetree and friends! Popping in to see how you all are and what's new. Pinetree, I was in Laguna Beach recently, did you see me waving at you on the webcam?!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    She has heart issues and is a very panick oriented kind of person.
    what about transitioning to a Senior Apt, our low income ones are actually nice and in NY you get to keep your dog, depending on size. They have MOWs come and have congregate dining. Is she social? They have clubs and outings, movie night and of course, BINGO. People informally seeing she is ok. Maybe move to one closer to you? oh heck, bite the bullet and move her in with you! JOKE.

But she can't walk? How does she take care of herself at all? My last idea- see if she is Medicaid eligible, if she is, the town has to have a certain number of rooms for them in assisted living (nursing homes, too). Assisted living is NICE, unless you have to pay for it, incredibly expensive and eats up assets that would help her get a room at the nursing home she likes best. She uses her assets to get in a good one, when no more assets are left, gets put on Medicaid, they can't kick her out for that and she's in the nursing home she liked best. I have seen so many families pay through the nose for assisted living, used up the assets and the patient gets a bed at the first nursing home that has one, usually the County home. If you can get a Medicaid Assisted Living room, she is golden but there is probably a long list waiting. You can always put her name down and decline the room if her turn comes up. Medicaid has Long Term Home Health Care, a nurse coming by as needed, PT/OT and best part, 4 or more hours of daily aide time. Medicaid has so much more, if she has it or qualifies, I'd be happy to help you figure out what to do first, etc.

please if I've overstepped, feel free to tell me to stop. It's nurse brain to want to fix things somehow!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi everybody!

om, hope you get your stove.

Jen, I hope you can sleep again soon.

Ayanka, so sorry about the house mess. What a pain.

RABBIT, I hope your migraine is gone today.

fw, that is rough about your mom. Bernice had some good ideas.

Bernice, we need someone around here with a nurse brain! Please, advise anytime you can. I for one appreciate the information.

frugalfriend, hi and hope you continue to post.

SD, what a soothing ride. What a wonderful place you live in, at least at this time of year. Good luck with the greenhouse today.

pinetree, you posted pics! You did good!

Well, yesterday I went to the library (actually 2) and got lots of good books so I was pretty much a slug for most of the day. Books are my Siren's Song to which I respond... But I did help DH with the floor and cooked and did some cleaning and picking up and scrubbed both tubs. DH was going to take a bath last night instead of a shower but we discovered our tub drain thingy that opens and closes it is stuck so that's another item on his To Do list.

For Saturday:

1) Watch some of Wimbledon
    2) Help DH as needed
    3) Plan menus for this coming week
    4) Do household bookkeeping (from yesterday's list)
    5) Clean off my desk (from yesterday's list)

Have a super Saturday, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hello!!

ilc, thanks, but DH did the pictures, I have no idea how..but at least they came out!

FW, lol, you might think about moving your Mom closer, well it was a thought... hugs.. Maybe a retirement center would be really good for her? Would keep your brother in his spot. Do you ride your bike alot?

OM, hope you get your new stove, did you check craigs list too? You might be able to find a really nice one cheap, then save the money for your new sofa. Hugs.

Jen, Have a good weekend, I hope you get all you cement work done.

RABBIT, lol, you'll have to get one, I'll meet you half way and we can head on up to SD's house!! Have a great weekend!

Ayanka, enjoy your days off, have some fun!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well now to finish, had to get off for a few...

SD, Your ride sounds wonderful, keep your eyes open for those little geese, Canadian geese are my favotite birds, I think they are just beautiful. I use to feed alot of them, when they flew in, division of wildlife decided it wasnt a good idea, I would throw cracked corn out and they would flock up around me, and nope was never afraid of them, once in a awhile one would hiss if my Dad or DH would get too close. I had a favorite, she had an orange leg band, she would come right up to me, Charlie was her name, I have pictures of her with all her babies, one year she had 13. I really miss them. I'm hoping my little bike will help me get my legs in shape, I can close my eyes and See your lake!!

Bernice, man you have a plate full too, take one day at a time, hope you get your disability soon.

frugalfriend!! How the heck are you?? Its been awhile! Hows your DS doing? Hope that all got worked out .
    Funny you went to Laguna!! They changed their camera, but I have been checking it out here for the last couple weeks!! I have been visiting HB, up the road, its not the same I LOve Laguna, but sometimes the camera is just in the wrong position,,, Laguna you can actually hear the waves,, I Love it!! Did you spend some time there?? on the beach? Did you get to see those crabs or whatever that were washing in? I visit the ocean every day. I'm So glad you got to go back!! Hope you had a wonderful visit!! Good to see you back ole friend!! Hope you stick around for awhile.

Ok, any ideas how to clean that pie thingy? Man it looks really bad in the picture...
    Still here in my jammies, but RABBIT says its ok cause I'm retired!! Need to get up and busy..

my list
    get dressed
    load of clothes
    ride my bike
    fix a side dish for diiner, kids are smoking burgers

Have a wonderful day everyone!! Stop and smell the Roses!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No,NO you guys. We were talking about her watching my Dbro's husky/aussie mix
    and that it was too much for her. Because she can't walk it or drive it to the vet because she doesn't drive. A move from her house is another irritating issue.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, sorry, that was mean of me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ta-done! We're back! Got the greenhouse all moved. Wish it was reassembled but the disassembly and transport went like clockwork. The sellers were so helpful and even insisted we use their utility trailer to bring home the wall framing and timbers and other stuff we couldn't use the truck for. That saved us hours of work both in taking it apart to move it and in putting it back together later, because the four walls are basically still all assembled except for the clear panels. They're extremely nice people and helped us every inch of the way.

When we brought the trailer back, they showed us around their place, which is on a lake formed by an old mine pit. They have a little island that they built a bridge to, where their daughter was married. It must have been beautiful. It's a very small island and they had the wedding party on the island and all the guests on their pontoon, boats, and docks, and the reception on the grounds. Everywhere on the property are loads of trees, and lots of chairs and benches in different places overlooking the lake where they can sit and just enjoy the lake and the wildlife. One place has a fire pit, another has picnic tables, etc. They have a travel trailer next to the lake which they use as a guest cabin when they have family visiting, and they have tons of lake toys, paddle boat, pontoon, canoe, all the usual northwoods playthings. Within the trees, they have flagstone paths they put in, made with slate taken out of the mines where the guy used to work before he retired, so it's a big piece of local history. He said people had to get special permission to take the slate out of there, so it took years for them to accumulate enough to do the whole job. One of the pieces is about four feet square and he said it's about eight inches deep, so had to be put in with a backhoe. The bench that's on it looks like log on the top, and the legs are shaped like bear cubs. So cute! We walked out on the bridge to the island and the lake there is full of all different kinds of weeds (which did not freak me out) and the water is very clear, so we could see fish swimming around in there like a zoo exhibit. Beautiful. On one of their other docks, the old trees under water did freak me out, which is why I could never live on that lake. LOL. They just hang out there underwater and the branches look like skeletal arms reaching up to grab some unsuspecting person foolish enough to get anywhere nearby. :shudder: It was so interesting to see all they've done to their place and how beautiful it all is. They've pretty much done all the work themselves, the way it sounds. This guy is just like me, little piles of stuff around for his projects, and he's always making something from nothing like I do. His wife was talking about him being a packrat and keeping all this stuff to do things with, and her wishing he'd get rid of it. I started laughing and asked Husby if it sounds familiar. ROFL! It's like us, only in reverse! At the time the guy and I were standing there contemplating his boat trailer he's been parting out and using for other stuff, and talking about my boat trailer I'm going to make over. It was all too funny!

Anyway it was a fun and productive day. I'm glad it's all home now and we can work on it as we get time and not have to involve other people. I sure hope we can get it all reassembled by winter. I'm thrilled we got it but it's a major project we don't really have time for. Still, we've talked about a greenhouse for years and it was too good a deal to pass up. We're happy to have it and all the bonus stuff that came with it.

Pinetree, I'm so sorry you can't feed your Canada geese anymore. That would be fun! We're waiting for the DNR here to tell us we can't feed deer. It's not illegal yet but it's strongly discouraged. Sorry, but we can't look out the windows at a starving pregnant doe and not give her and whoever is with her something to eat. I was thinking yesterday nobody had showed up yet to ride bikes with me!

Bernice, I'm not a nurse but I'm a fixer, too. I'm good at problem solving and tend to give unsolicited advice that people don't appreciate, and who can blame them? My real friends know I don't mean anything by it though.

Frugalfriend, welcome back!

Rabbit, internet seems to be working today. I think we need a new booster for our wireless network. Or move the dang thing into the house. I bought a loon CD at GW last winter, because I hated the thought of moving out to South Dakota and not being able to hear the loons anymore. I had to be prepared! I always hear them when I'm on the lake, even if I don't see any.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi just a pop in long fun week end.. went to dinner with friends.. making business acquaintances. ..went to grand kids house and had a blast, went to see my besties... it was a great day and weekend.. however the house looks c like it lol..

My brother is buying the stove.... I get to cook on it.... which is . Nice of him

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dh got the pipe to the sump fixed for about $17. Now he's talking about a new sump so he has a backup-um probably not. Too much in line ahead. We have a small submersible for outside that he could grab in a pinch.

Played cards and goofed for a bit.
    We should have been tackling the yard. We have a parkway sort of area in the front that is about 8" tall and now home to chipmunks and bunnies. We hack it once a year but since we had to take down the 4 rotting from the inside trees it just exploded w/ life.

Seems to be some misunderstanding about what I meant or how I took the comments? IDK.