2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 111
Page 111 of 271 FirstFirst ... 1161101108109110111112113114121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    T

ilc, you can think of me at 6:00 pm, I have to have an ekg before I see him and that takes a few. I need to leave here at 2:00, 4pm your time. Will be home again, late... Sure hope this goes good, I'm getting kinda scared... but not really, lol , I don't know how I feel!! lol
    good luck, will be thinking of you

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Bernice-wasn't upset w/ you in the least. I forgot to put lol behind it. I was laughing. I have read so many post wrong in the time I have been here it's not funny. Like right now when I am typing w/o glasses!

Pinetree-hope your ride was good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, I am back for some light version of the to do list. Because if I put is as a to do list, I will push myself to do it, even if it is not a good idea, so for today I am going to do some kind of light version and put 'try to' on the list. Pushing myself to the limit is what got me into problems in the first place, so bear with me on this one.

1. Ta done: go to the work psychologist. This was stressful for me, but it is done so that is ok.
    2. Call a friend to arrange to meet up with her tomorrow.
    3. Read the sales fliers. (this is fun for me, so shouldn't be a problem).
    4. Try to get some kind of exercise outside, walking or so. Weather isn't great so we will see how it works out.
    5. Try to clean under the bed.
    6. Try to eat as much as possible, so I get my weight back up. I am chronically underweight, but I eat less when I get really tired or stressed, so I need to really put on some extra weight. Preferably without poisoning myself by eating junk food.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It sounds like you're doing it right, Ayanka. Don't overdo and make yourself sick over things that aren't that important right now.

Ta-done: I spent the last two hours handwashing dishes. I even dragged out the spare rack and drainer and filled that up, along with standing some dishes in the sink to dry and of course filling the usual drainer. I think now I have all the new dishes, dishes intended for gifts, plastic ware, dishes to donate, dishes to be repurposed for drawer dividers, plastic lids, and other odds and ends washed up. Still have to unload the dishwasher which I filled and ran last night, along with washing up a rack full of plastic ware. I was really dreading washing all that stuff which is dumb because nothing was hard to wash or icky or anything. The only thing that was visibly dirty was the cast iron chicken fryer I made supper in last night. Everything else just needed a hot soapy bath.

Also ta-done, I fertilized the potted plants and put the bird feeders out, which Husby forgot to do this AM. The squirrels and chipmunks are happy now.

I may tackle the kitchen island later, I'm not sure. I've been pecking at that over time but need to just get all the crap off of it so I can start an herb garden or two and maybe some flowers. Winter's coming and a splash of color on a dreary day is always nice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NikoSan999 View Post
    On for pretty much the first time in days. Reading back thru now and so much to read but I will as I enjoy each and every post So until I'm done reading....

I've unloaded the dishwasher and reloaded. Will probably wait until tomorrow to run it as it's not near full.

Done one load of laundry, dried and lying on bed. Not much so it WILL get put away.

Brought some bags of dry goods in from the car that's been there for a few days in the back seat. Detergent etc that it didn't matter whether it was brought in immediately or not. Just couldn't make another trip at the time back and forth then forgot about them.

it's 3:15 now and I'd still like to get pots and pans hand washed and stove top cleaned off. That's all I'll give myself for now cause I'm really tired... mentally and physically.
    Dishwasher was ran. But the time supper was over it was full. Clothes that was lying on the bed got moved to my nightstand. Wasn't many and they're folded ready for whenever.
    Pots pans and stove didn't happen either.
    Did to to Office Max to get a fax/copier as ours at work took a lightening hit along with the computer and phone line .

Woke up this morning about 5 to a loud thud and the 3 lb dog screaming bloody murder. Me and the kid came out of bed and found the baby screaming running down the hallway. Found hubby sitting on the kitchen floor. Incoherent, making absolutely no sense at all. Saying no no no no... what what what what... in a sing song voice. Emergency room .. on the ride in he was better. They did a cat scan, brain scan, chest exray, blood. They wanted to rule out stroke etc. Sugar level down to 41 and they said that was the cause which it could be however it's been that low before quite a few times. Especially in the morning. He's lying down now. He was supposed to be taking a trailer load to Tampa today. I'm so glad he wasn't driving.
    We don't know if he fell or not. He says he sat down on the floor to get the littlest dog to come to him. I know me and the kid both heard a thud and we were both in different bedrooms.
    Also hoping the 3 pounder ( other is 4 lbs but she's ok ) is ok. She's totally traumatized still. Doesn't want to come to anyone and hiding. Crying under her breath but man was she screaming.

So have to go get gas today just in case. To low for comfort. See what the rest of the day brings. I just know I'm so tired. SO tired.

And bank of hell is at it again.... DOES IT EVER STOP...

I feel like I need to do something to get our lives in order and don't have a freaking clue where to start. I know he's not going to be able to do this job another 3 1/2 years until bank from hell is paid off. I don't know what to do... what to plan ... I feel like I'm totally lost... in a forest... in the dark.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko, I'm so sorry. I hope your husband is improving now, and your little doggy gets past the trauma. I hope you get some relief soon from all the assorted crap you're dealing with.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    Niko, I'm so sorry. I hope your husband is improving now, and your little doggy gets past the trauma. I hope you get some relief soon from all the assorted crap you're dealing with.
    Thank you. We've had over 6 years of this shi#[email protected] Actually 7. 2 years before the bankruptcy trying to keep FROM filing which got us no where. And the fun just keeps right on coming. Our attorney threatened them with a lawsuit over mis directing our payments. Another long story.

He's still lying down. This sugar thing has GOT to get under control. He's actually eating right the best that he's done in a long long time. Has to be the insulin and there's no whatever doctor for miles and miles and miles. Go figure in an old age county. West Palm VA is 2 1/2 hours away. I don't know. Just can't get the dosage right I think is a big part of it. I was an EMT for 5 years. My grandmother was diabetic and so was my cousin. But diabetes was one thing I never could get in my brain. Other than the eating part. It was a total mind block and that never changed. If he had to rely on me for meds etc he'd be screwed. right food yes... meds no. And I can't help it. It's mind blocked.

I was afraid he had picked Sophie up and maybe dropped her. Or partially fell on her. She's walking ok cause when she was set on the floor she runs away from EVERYONE now. Hiding behind the couch. The kid finally got her and took her to bed with her. She's always afraid of everything and screams and cries so that makes it hard to differentiate.

If I get on and whine and bitch please forgive me. Sometimes it helps to "talk" out loud.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Whining and bitching perfectly understandable. We all have those days. We're here to listen. Just wish it would all stop for you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OMG, Niko, are you ok? Oh man this is all you need on top of all the other crap! Is your DH ok? That blood sugar dropping is what I had, he might have sat down but it was probably really hard, or leaning on a cabinet or something? I feel So bad for him, my problem was I was on too much medicine, I take the pills, they cut them in half, and it really changed things out. Dont know if that will help you or not. I hope he's ok, that is really scarey! Really hope your dog is ok too.
    Is there a Dr you can call for support or that can help?

Let your lawyer sue, what does he suggest? Did you try getting ahold of a news station for help? Write Obama? Call your news ststions and see if they will help, theres got to be something.. maybe your congress dude? Do you want the number for aarp? Trying to come up with something, you probably don't even want to think about any of it.. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...

Ayanka, oh, gosh, you take it easy too, you have made a big step already, you will be ok, try to slow down, smell the flowers, you have been running on high for along time, Hugs, relax and have a wonderful time with your friend!!

Hugs to everyone, I will be back later, everyone take a deep breath and relax for a minute..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nikko hugs and prayers....that was scary

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko, I am so so sorry about all this. You whine, bitch, gripe, complain, vent, whatever you need to do. We love you and we understand. Sending prayers your way!

pinetree, thinking of you.

SD, "winter's coming" LOL It's in the high 90s for the next 10 days here. Probably no relief till MAYBE early October. Anyway, I know we are quite a few differences of latitude apart! (or is it longitude--always got those confused)

Jen, I hope your foot is better today.

Ayanka, have fun with your friend. You need it.

fw, actually chicken and waffles are not a true Southern thing, at least I don't think so. I was born and raised in the South and I never heard of them till a few years ago. I did a little research and found the earliest mention was in the 1600s with the Pennsylvania Dutch. In the 1930s in Harlem they were very popular. It's been only since the 90s that they started to show up on menus in the South, and in some places just the last couple of years. I understand they're very good but I've never had them. The South does have absolutely wonderful food though, at least I think so, but I think I'm right.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, duh, I hit the submit button and didn't mean to.

For Monday:

1) Errands--Tractor Supply, Piggly Wiggly (meat sale), Aldi DONE
    2) Put groceries away DONE
    3) Litter box DONE
    4) Clean up dishes
    5) Finish cleaning off my desk
    6) Package meat for freezer
    7) Cook chicken pot pie and a dessert

DH, DD, her friend, and Jaxx and Sadie have just left for the river so it's just me for a few hours. Ahhhhhhhh

Have a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko, breathe, just stop and breathe for a minute. I hope your husband is better now. Is it at all possible for him to get an insulin pump? It would definitely help with the lows. I know it's hard to tell when your sugar drops, because it affects your brain and you can't really tell what's happening. I hope the pup isn't too traumatized.

1/3 today. Gout flare, so no jobs that require me to be on my feet. Sucks!

No list for tomorrow. I can't even do my dailies.

Have a good day, Everyone!

Jen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When I say 'winter's coming' I'm projecting out three months when the flowers and veggies in the AeroGardens would start to produce. Of course the herbs would be ready sooner. Lettuce would be ready in three weeks. Our poor lettuce garden! It's really a shambles. We've both been hitting it so hard since it started to be ready to harvest. It's just so handy to snip off some leaves and throw them in our sandwiches and wraps, the poor thing looks like it's been eaten by deer. I really should have a couple of those running at one time but I'm not that organized. We've lost two tomatoes lately too, so those need to be restarted so we have fresh home grown tomatoes about the time the snow starts flying and they taste terrible and cost a bundle in the store.

October is unpredictable here. Sometimes it's really nice till the end of October. Then again, one Halloween we had three feet of snow with thunderstorms mixed in just for some variety. And of course, the gales of November are legendary on the big lakes up here, especially the Great Lakes. You just never know. LONGitude is easy to remember. It goes the LONG way down the globe. I hope you get a break from that croakin' hot weather you have down there, but I suppose that's too much to ask considering where you are. But you can look forward to October.

Jen, hope you feel better. I hate that you're in pain.

I got eight servings of WW chili made and will be putting four in the freezer. The rest are for my lunches this week. I also cleaned lettuce and made four salads with cucumber, onion, radishes, and a bunch of other produce, and shredded the rest up for sandwiches and stuff so the poor AG lettuce gets a break. We're on a salad binge around here lately, salads and coleslaw. I cut up a cantaloupe, too. I hate cleaning produce so I try to do a whole bunch at once to cut down on the procrastinating which usually leads to wasted produce otherwise.

Still need to make some WW chimichangas for the freezer so we have some quick meals ready to nuke when we need them. Maybe tomorrow. I'll probably get some granola bars made today too, using a Rice Krispies recipe but replacing the Rice Krispies with the granola cereal I'm trying to use up. Husby will get almost all of those because I'm FINALLY back into VFT (Virgin Fat Territory) after messing up badly during the week of my last eye surgery. I gained three or four pounds and it's taken me this long to get back to where I was. I'm disgusted with myself but my Prevent lesson this week is all about positivity so I'm preferring to look at it as having taken back my control and gotten rid of the regained weight, and now that VFT is on the radar again, I'm stepping back onto the path of healthy weight loss. I'm not losing as fast as I would like but I AM losing, and that's the point. I've lost enough now that I'm wearing smaller jeans, and still I've found that if I hang a tape measure off my front pocket, it's just heavy enough that I'm in danger of losing my pants. LOL. The pants that were unwearable a couple months ago. So I can't complain. WW says I lost 1.7 this week, which is not too bad. Hope I can do that every week for a while.

Hey! I found two little eggplants on the plant this AM! The big one is about the size of a golf ball. We're watching Sota like a hawk this year because every time he goes out on the deck, he's eying all the veggie pots like it's the salad bar at Old Country Buffet. We put the eggplant up on the deck rail so he can't even get it. I'm determined to find out this year if we like eggplant or not, so I hope we get at least enough for one meal.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OMG, Niko, what a day! I second the insulin pump, my dad is a pretty bad diabetic, great with med compliance but horrible about following a diabetic diet. The pump has been a God send, his blood sugars are better and his A1Cs, as well. If DH often has low sugars at night or in the morning, does he eat a small snack before bed? Diabetics really should do this because they will go all night with no food. We used to tell people just a small glass of milk, a few crackers and some source of protein, a little peanut butter or small piece of cheese. Easy and it works. If healthcare is so far away, does he see an endocrinologist? They manage diabetics much better than primary docs.

wishing you easier times very soon