2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 112
Page 112 of 271 FirstFirst ... 1262102109110111112113114115122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-heard another story about it being in the jazz/blues culture. The players would play so late they would go to diners and get breakfast and dinner (chicken and waffles). Which leaves me wondering Motown or Harlem. Either way they were delicious but clearly too much to eat at once. (1 whole round waffle and 4 oieces of chicken)

Niko-wish there was a solution I could hand you. My sugar went real low once like that and I got O.J. but moving and speaking was hard like wading though water. Couldn't talk.My lips were too heavy. Breathing was hard. I guess that he fell but doesn't realize it.
    As far as you rest when you can. Make lists and check off what you have gotten done. And absolutely I would sue. Hope the dog is better. Diabetes is hard and very individual.

Was up all night for ?? reason so today is wasted. I don't think I will ever figure out why. I almost think my meds are doing it. Off to nap some more.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko I am so sorry. My dad is a diabetic and I grew up fearing that exactly that would happen. Please ramble as much as you want to, it helps, believe me sometimes FV is a lifesaver for me because I don't have to pretend to be better than I am. I really hope things will around for you Niko you so much deserve it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning
    We are a"chatty bunch. Just skimmed the posts. Nikko it is ok to worry that would have scared me to death,

Today is appointment day.. for me and hubs..
    we have had so much rain... yesterday we beat the rain home. Came down 2 inches of rain in an hour. Barely beat the storm home.
    Massive flooding here 1 death 5 missing.

Ordered my stove it is on back order. Could take up to a month for me to get it....
    today not sure about.
    make chicken salad for lunch with leftover chicken..
    Cheese burgers for supper

I may not go to my appointment today...I can reschedule.

Going to talk to my doctors about me working at home.. I an get training to work at home..I worry about this. .I am in a fog alot of the time...memory and concentration problems..
    but this not having a regular income is killing me...

Vent over ok

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oheoh's momma View Post
    Good morning
    Going to talk to my doctors about me working at home.. I an get training to work at home..I worry about this. .I am in a fog alot of the time...memory and concentration problems..
    but this not having a regular income is killing me...
    Vent over ok
    I'm sorry about your memory and concentration. Going through something that affects my cognitive status, as well. Sometimes I'm so far out in left field, I'm afraid I will never leave there, lol. It took me half a day yesterday to get that it was Monday, then I kept telling my mother, "if it's Monday, we missed the play Sat!" The play that took a Herculean effort to get us both to, my first outing for something besides an MD appt since Christmas, that was fun and we laughed, and I had no memory that we even went. Today, I remembered and that's great! But I was sure today was Thurs, lol. But who cares what day it is (well, I kind of do), if I can instead remember having a good time with my mom?

OM, if your memory is swiss cheese-y, you have a sympathetic ear here, vent away!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi ladies!

Jen, I hope that gout goes away soon.

SD, thanks for explaining your "winter's coming" remark. For some reason I wasn't get it the way you meant it. DUH to me!
    WTG on your weight/shape!

Bernice, I love reading your medical advice. Keep it coming.

fw, hope your sleeping/waking improves soon. That sucks big time.

Ayanka, yes, FV is great for me too.

om, I saw Kentucky was having terrible weather. Is it better today? Glad you're safe.
    Vent away! That's what friends are for.

Niko, how are you today?

hikr, did you have a fun weekend?

If I missed anyone, Hi!

A busy day yesterday with a lot accomplished.

For Tuesday:

1) Make some phone calls and write some emails DONE
    2) Roast beef into crock pot DONE
    3) Vacuum DONE
    4) Record recent expenditures/work on mid-month finances
    5) Go through the pile of catalogs, etc., piled next to my chair
    6) Move DVD player from DD's room to den

Have a good one, everybody.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-slept most of yesterday and am a lot better today
    I hate sleeping away beautiful sunny days!

OM-if your Dr. says it's ok the why not. It might actually improve function. I would try it and realize it may not work out and that's Okay.

Got DW going and plan on the bedding I need to do. Need to hunt up new sheets to avoid the $60. for new ones.
    Cleaned off part of the table. It apparently has magnetic properties to attract paper clutter!
    Need to call the vet for 2 appt.
    Need to call Sams Club and cancel
    We'll see what else pops up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Between rock and a hard place...Paige is due is 13 weeks. She has no one to watch the baby.if I work 2 more semesters of school.

Hubby really needs more work..

Stress and fatigue fuels my disorder.. don't know how.. but maybe I can do both. ..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OM-not trying to overstep but that would be a lot. Babies are so much work if your young and healthy. What about back up babysitter?

Loud thunderstorm going on. Dogs are freaking (well not Mikey). Mikey was out w/ fireworks,isn't scary of low flying planes and bites the lawn mower wheels when running so he cant be out when DH mows,laughs at the neighbors blower and charged the pit bull visiting in the yard next door. Never had a dog like him.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Morning,

Niko, Dh better? How are you today? A pump sounds like it a wise choice, if you can swing it! It would take alot of pressure off of you. Stupid Bank, let it go for now and take care of yourself. Hugs

SD, thats alot of dishes to do! So happy for you, that you got your greenhouse home, how exciting!

Ayanka, Have a good time with your friend, maybe a good dinner together? Take care, hugs

Jen, I am so sorrry about your gout, I still havent had a problem, seems like you get it all the time. Hope you feel better today.

Bernice, Thanks for the good thoughts, take care of yourself!

FW, Thanks it was a good ride!! Hope you get more sleep soon, maybe you should get a waterbed?? Mine is WOnderful!! Glad youre feeling better!

OM, work at home? That might really work for you, it might be stressful at the start, but maybe you can get your DH and DB to help you, which will help them! Be careful with the weather and try to keep your apointment, I wanted to cancel mine too. But I didin't!

ilc,Thanks for thinking of me at my appt, yesterday..I had a good visit. Piggly Wiggly, I remember that from when my BF lived in Texas, they have the best brisket!!

RABBITT< You HOO , RABBIT, (yelling loudly), you ok??

Well, my Cardio appt went fine, well he won,,, He is scheduling my surgery for Sept, for that defibbulater,, he pulled his Auntie card, gave me the speel if you were my aunntie.... aww crap,, ok, I'll do it.. I need to lose weight, then I can get off the diabetic pills, but will have to stay on my heart pills, calcium, vit d, thats not too bad.
    He upped my water , so now I can drink 2 liters, wow, thats double, so maybe now I wont be so thirsty.
    I need to find a different Dr. he agreed the other one needs to go, he made me feel good, he said I dont give him a headache..LOL, I gave him a big hug before i left, this man is my hero, he explains things, knows things scare the pants off me and well, he saved my life.

So all went well except I really dont want this surgery, but he promised I can keep my license, that everything will be ok.

I really hope everyone is doing better today, my gosh its like a streak of bad luck has hit everyone, well, its time that changed,

Think positive, have faith, ask for help, if you need it, thinking about all of you!

Have a beautiful day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

U didn't over step...
    maybe hubs could help more

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ayanka, you have no need to be better than you are. You're just fine being yourself, just as you are right now!

OM, sorry to hear about the flooding and the missing and deceased people. I hope your weather improves soon. I hope you can work at home, too. It's worth a try. What's the worst that can happen if it does not work out? At least you'll know you tried.

Bernice, hoping things improve for you, too. I can't imagine how difficult and frustrating it must be for you.

ILC, I'm sure it's my fault, failure to communicate again.

FW, sounds like you needed the rest, whether the sun was shining or not. I'm sure the extra rest helped you.

Today I've been pimping my dock. Husby is going to be so surprised! He always pulls up to the dock where there is nowhere to tie up, and then gets off his bike by standing on the side deck of the bike with his back to the dock, and then sitting down on the dock. It cracks me up every time but he's going to land in the lake one of these times, since of course as soon as he bends to sit down, his center of gravity changes and the bike moves away from the dock while he's off balance and committed to sitting down. As much as it would be hilarious to watch him fall in, I don't want him to get hurt. I've been trying to think of a solution that didn't involve spending another $130 on a new leg for the dock, and this morning it hit me that PVC would make a nice post. I thought about 2" but it seemed too flimsy, plus how would I get inside of it to tighten the bolts? Then I thought of using something bigger and it all clicked, just like that. I found a scrap of 3" PVC in the yard stash, cut it, drilled a couple holes, and installed it. It's going to work out so great and be much safer for him, plus it doubles as a dock bumper which will be better for the pontoons on the bikes and for the framing on the dock, too. And he now has a post to tie up to, so his bike won't float away. This is a major improvement for safety and convenience, all for the price of nothing. Although if I can't scare up a PVC cap for the new post, I'll buy one just because it would look so much more finished so I might have to spend a couple bucks. Much better than $130 though. So now we both have a place to tie up and get on and off our bikes. I'm glad I finally figured it out.

The most fun of this project was that I was working with my face inches from the surface of the lake, and I had an audience. Who knew inch-long fish fry were such curious little creatures? They just finned in place right below me, watching to see what this new activity was. So cute. Maybe they were hoping I'd fall in and be food.

I also finally came up with a solution to another problem Husby has been having. On my bike, I can fold the lever down that pulls the prop out of the water in such a way that the bike pedal holds it up out of the water. Husby's lever was in the wrong place and he's been having to tie it, another potential for falling in the lake because he has to kneel down on the dock and then lean out over the water to tie the lever up. And again, he didn't have anything to tie the bike to, so it was sort of a struggle to deal with it while the bike wanted to float off somewhere else. So I was sitting on his bike up on the shore today, looking that situation over, and it occurred to me maybe I could just bend the lever in so it could be put under the pedal like mine. So that's what I did! This mod took about half a minute, and Husby doesn't know it yet but his life just got way easier. His bike started life as a rental and it's entirely possible the lever was bent out by some renter at some point. At any rate, it's another problem solved. I love when I can make something complicated into something simple!

I also installed two boat fenders to act as dock bumpers. The ones we got when we bought our dock were way expensive, like $90 each, and I'm not really interested in paying that much again. Of course those are much nicer, but I'm really hoping the fenders will protect the dock and the bikes from each other. I'm liking the PVC idea for that, too. Cheap and easy to work with, and it's basically the same material as the 'real' bumpers.

I moved the umbrella on the dock to the other side so it actually does me some good now. Having it on the west side of the dock really doesn't help much in the morning. Then I moved the wind sock to the side where the umbrella was. And then of course I had to rearrange the dock furniture. After that I needed a break so I sat down for a while and looked over the situation for the dock box and how we could attach that. I think I have it figured out and it shouldn't be too difficult, and we may not have to wait till we pull the dock out this fall either. The good news is I think we'll only need to leave one dock panel on in the winter, so less weight when we have to move the dock in or out of the lake.

I also decided I need a footstool down there, so instead of making a table from the free metal frame I got at a garage sale recently and the wire locker shelves I paid a quarter for at the same sale, I used some cable ties and made a nice little footstool. The wire will allow the wind to pass right through, so hopefully we won't have to fish the thing out of the lake after a storm. If it doesn't work I'm not out much. I love sitting down there after I get back from a ride now. It's like having a beautiful outdoor room.

Sure am glad we decided not to sell that dock!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

spent most of the time for today with my friend. I had a really nice day but didn't get anything done obviously. Will be back to chores tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't been on here since Friday but I heard pinetree yelling for me and I had 4! pages to read to catch up. Had to read fast so I'm sure I missed some but boy I feel better than I did when I logged on. Issues with my DMom had me down/frustrated but my problems are minor compared to what some of you are dealing with.

Niko - ~hugs~ Jeez, does it never end with the bank???? Forget them for now, you have more pressing issues at hand. Hope your DH is doing better today, how scary. How is your little dog doing? Hope he was just scared and not hurt. I can't believe how strong you are, others going through all of this would have crumbled but you just put one foot in front of the other and carry on. BOA might knock you to your knees, but they are not going to knock you down.......don't let them. ~hugs~

pinetree, sorry you have to have the surgery. Is this the doctor who will be doing it? He sounds like a dream doctor, glad to hear he is so nice and attentive and maybe he can give you a referral to replace that other doctor of yours.

Hi to everyone else! I am going to have to make more of an effort to find time to get on here everyday so I'm not so behind.

Wednesday
    1 - spray weeds on driveway
    2 - dailies
    3 - weed flower beds
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I try so hard to read everything and yet I miss so much big news. How the heck does that happen? I completely missed your surgery news, Pinetree! Had to go back and read and find out where it was when Rabbit mentioned it. That happens to me all the time and I can't figure out how I'm missing so darn much.

At any rate, I'm sorry you'll need surgery, but it's kinda like my eye surgery. I didn't want to hear I needed that either, but at the same time I was grateful for the skilled people and amazing technology that would save my eyesight. I'm sure you'll get through the surgery with flying colors and then look out world, here you come! Having the defib should give you some peace of mind once the surgery is done and you're all healed up from it. It'll be like a little electronic guardian angel watching over you 24/7, keeping you safe.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-you tryin' to get your own show? Pimp my ride,Pimp my RV and now Pimp my dock! lol I'm seeing pinwheels not lounge chairs!

Pinetree-well Dmom was out monkeying around in the yard for 5 hrs. the other day,rakes all the time and her legs aren't swelling like they were. PLUS the security of the defib. part. The procedure wasn't bad and hers shows only because she is so petite and thin.

Another big storm upon us but nothing like flooding or scary. I just always pray we don't lose power. I should go rent a movie that will guarantee it.

and yes I slept a lot today again. This is my worst July productiveness wise.

Rabbit-sorry it's your turn for Mama drama. Hope this works out quickly.