2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 113
Page 113 of 271 FirstFirst ... 1363103110111112113114115116123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lol RABBIT, it's nice to know you can hear me, now if I need help I can just yell!! Yep he is my hero for sure, but no he will Not be doing the surgery, I met with him last month, and they are alot alike. He can't help me with a Dr. in northern CO. and I dont want to go to Denver for a dr appt. But the new Dr has to report to him and he'll be watching..

FW< I am So glad you Mom is doing so well. After yesterday, well he really wants it done, he said if I was 80 and lived my life it would be different but he has many years planned for me.. Hes such a sweetie!! lol

SD, yep the same as your eyes, just bite the bullet, he know I am a big chicken, so I think thats why we are going slow..

I forgot my list again!! Forget my head if wasnt attached!

worked for 5 hours straight
    loaded dishwasher
    ran dishwasher
    paid some bills,
    looked up sales
    and I am pooped, so will ride my bike for a few and call it a night!!

Have a good evening, dont let the bed bugs bite!!! hugs to all,,,,,
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Morning,

Well, my Cardio appt went fine, well he won,,, He is scheduling my surgery for Sept, for that defibbulater,, he pulled his Auntie card, gave me the speel if you were my aunntie.... aww crap,, ok, I'll do it.. I need to lose weight, then I can get off the diabetic pills, but will have to stay on my heart pills, calcium, vit d, thats not too bad.
    He upped my water , so now I can drink 2 liters, wow, thats double, so maybe now I wont be so thirsty.
    I need to find a different Dr. he agreed the other one needs to go, he made me feel good, he said I dont give him a headache..LOL, I gave him a big hug before i left, this man is my hero, he explains things, knows things scare the pants off me and well, he saved my life.

So all went well except I really dont want this surgery, but he promised I can keep my license, that everything will be ok.
    Implanted defibs save lives, an amazing invention. Good luck, you'll probably feel a lot better when it's all over and you won't have to worry so much. Doc sounds like a really good guy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Of course it's scary to contemplate, Pinetree. No one wants to have surgery. Just focus on how much better it's going to be afterward.

Husby's happy with the changes to the dock, so that's something. I managed to drop my sunglasses in the lake but he was nice enough to walk up to the house to grab the grabber and fish them out. Luckily they were right by the dock. We've concluded we're going to want a grabber to keep in the dock box because we could see it coming in handy for stuff like that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

coming to you from the laptop finally. Still working on the kinks. I have using the same desk top since my 25 y.o. was in elementary school so some adjustment lol kwim?
    I need to attach the mouse

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm coming to you from the laptop, too. Wait! No I'm not! I'm not really here. I'm out in the kitchen doing active chores. I'm not supposed to be online and I'm not really doing it now. LOL.

Just checking how I like the new position of my computer. I moved it to the other end of the couch, which does not sound like a huge change but I'm hoping it'll make a difference in how much I use it. I'd like to cut back my computer time in the evening too, but if I left the computer where it was, it seems to discourage me from doing crafts or other activities. I'm hoping this small shift will mean less computer time and more productivity for me. It'll also be less awkward to get on and off the couch and the desk will be by the wall instead of in the middle of the floor.

I'm going now. Um, no, since I'm not really here, I don't actually have to leave, right? It's the computer version of Schrodinger's cat. Poor kitty.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

SD-Stop being philosophical thing early! I am fighting w/ windows 8 that is enough for my non tech oriented little self. lol

need to dye hair and wash floors w/ bleach and laundry-always laundry

Finally out of this funk and getting the sleep cycle readjusted. I have never been this down in July before.
    Dh is adjusting to his new job. So far hours are 9am-7pm which is odd but when he does Asia we will be on weirder hours around here for sure

So my Dneighbor finally got kicked out by his Ddad. There is a full dumpster over there and a lawn trailer full. Now if someone would just mow the lawn and pick up the leaves from last fall that have been sitting 3 years in a row. I really will miss getting contact high while sitting in my house. Not sure what I smoke but it isnt pot. The Dmom was over w/ her uncollared pitbull roaming the back yard. Gosh I quake in fear for who comes next. To DO-wait patiently for another month?
    Poor house.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pinetree, HAPPY DANCE TIME! Fantastic report! I know the surgery makes you nervous but it will make such a wonderful improvement in your life.

Bernice, please keep being our resident health care advisor. We need you!

RABBIT, so sorry you are having mom issues.

fw, WTG on sleeping.

SD, your dock sounds like a true "outdoor living space" rather than just some walkway over the water. Fun!

Ayanka, I'm glad you and your friend had a good time.

om, don't take on too much. I know you want to help, but I think being on stand-by to help may be the best you can do right now.

Niko, continue to vent as needed.

hikr, hi!

We had a big storm last night---high winds, lots of thunder and lightning, and rain. It was worth it to get some rain.

For some reason I fizzled in my chores yesterday and got very little done after lunch. Bad me!

For Wednesday:

1) Shop for disposal and dishwasher and maybe a new kitchen light
    2) Wash up dishes
    3) Record expenditures (from yesterday's list)
    4) Revise menus
    5) Church tonight

Have a good one, everybody.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Checking in while I wait for the propane guy to come and replace my cement blocks and a receptor? I think that's what they said they were going to replace. They have to get in the house so I'll have to wrangle my dogs and the border dog (he's been here for a couple of days, leaving tonight) into a bedroom so I won't scare the poor man.

So far this morning I have:
    cleaned the master bath and bedroom
    sprayed the weeds on driveway
    weeded the flower beds
    2 loads of wash, hanging on line
    reset house
    trimmed a couple of trees

SD - I have never thought about it but I keep my laptop in the office. It's not convenient and I don't like to sit in there so I always have to carry it out to the kitchen, when I'm done I always put it back in the office. Sometimes it seems like to much trouble so I don't even get on it.

fw - are your neighbors selling the house? You live in a nice area, I'm sure you'll get better neighbors moving in then you have now.

ilc - hope the rain cooled you off some
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rabbit-IDK this used to be the neighborhood back in the day before the McMansions.
    When my dnieghbors died the Dd left it empty for about 2 years but maintained it.
    Then they had to sell it to fund the Schizophrenic bro's. care. So it was in the middle of the downturn and the beech sold it for $130,000 even though it was worth over 2x that before. The guy paid cash and we assumed it was the Dson who bought it. Just recently found out from another Dneighbor that the Ddad bought it for the loser Dson. We have a big change from when we moved it for sure. Most of the people who lived here when we bought had pride of ownership because the had built them. We have a lot of renters now but that is changing. I am just panicked the would sell to "a friend". But also we have a lot of special needs kids in this neighborhood because of the schools w/ programs. I live in fear of that or a family w/ lots of small kids. We would have to fence that side w/ the dogs=$1000's.
    But it would be hard to beat someone shooting a BB gun at the balloons attached to a metal swing set w/ my dogs out or being smoked out of my house by them burning papers on the ground along w/ wet material,or setting firecrackers off in the driveway w/ the vehicles right there along w/ gas. I shall be so sad when he goes. He has NO idea whatsoever how to take care of a house.

Finished the whole downstairs and stairs vaccumn and headed for the bedding. Stoopid Back!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, I'm fighting with Flickr, Yahoo, Internet Explorer which I don't even use, and Adobe today. Oh, and the insurance company, but I sicced the surgeon's office on them so I hope I'm out of it. I hate tech stuff since I suck at it. Glad to hear your sleep has been helping you. I took a good long nap yesterday afternoon. Didn't even hear Husby come home.

ILC, we love our dock this year! If I can ever get Flickr and Yahoo to behave, I'll post some pics. I need to get to work on the boat rollers which shouldn't take long to build, but it's clouding over. We've gotten about 2.5" of rain in the past few days so we don't need it. I hope it quits before Husby gets home from work. He put the first coat of paint on the trailer frame yesterday and it would sure be nice if he could put the second coat on. If he gets the painting done by the weekend, then we can get the dang thing back on its wheels and start the new wiring and rebuilding the sides this weekend. It would be so great to get that all done and start hauling out brush and trash.

Rabbit, that's sort of my goal, to get the laptop into Husby's office, which I hate being in. But it never seems to last when I move it in there. Inconvenient is a good thing for a computer, if it's not too inconvenient. I could put it in my office in another building, but then I'd use my writing time, when I get back to writing, for surfing the internet. I was a much better and certainly more productive writer before we got internet.

Down 1.8 pounds since yesterday. I dumped the sauerkraut pound so I'm happy. I'm coming up on one of my small goals, so I need to watch myself.

For Prevent this week I'm doing a shiny sink challenge. I like it! The idea is to take five minutes in the AM, put any dirty dishes in the dishwasher, clean the sink and counters, and just make sure the kitchen is ready to go to work when I decide to cook something. I've been intending to work on that habit anyway, so this is good timing. It takes me longer than five minutes, but that's okay. One of the other challenges I'm doing is to cook with a spice I haven't used before, and I've been thinking about my clean kitchen and how nice it'll be when I do the spice challenge later. I'm making some kind of Indian dish using curry, vindaloo, I think. I hope I like it.

Ta-done:
    ~kitchen tidied up.
    ~dogs brushed.
    ~insurance dealt with for the time being.
    ~peanuts, olives, Goldfish, and Wheat Thins pre-portioned into snack sizes.
    ~computer desk moved.
    ~called Husby to pick up Frontline for Sota.

To-do:
    ~make something with curry.
    ~figure out supper.
    ~cut out new blouse.
    ~stay on food plan.
    ~move empty boxes from garage to cabin.
    ~make vet appointments.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-thank you. Its Hw/Fleas pills time.
    I bleached the sink too. Nasty watermelon. bleh!

ended up cleaning up the appliance bar area. Coffee stains everywhere. I don't drink coffee!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi guys, boy are you busy already, I slept in again, but at least i am dressed!!

RABBIT, Hope you and Your Mom get things fixed soon, What kind of dog are you babysitting? How fun!! Well for you, I know sometimes you wish they would go home for awhile!

Bernice , Thanks, are you doing ok? Havent seen you here lately.. We dont hold bad feeling here so dont be worried it you said someting wrong, I do it all the time!

FW, lol, i dont even know what you and SD are talking about,, I dont know anything about computers... You sound like you are feeling alot better!! Hope it stays that way!! Good Luck on your new neighbor.

ilc, Thanks, Happy Birthday to your friend Joy. I really hope you have some good fun this weekend with your son being home!! Surprise!!

SD, ugh you poop me out! Someday I will have my energy back and will ride the lake with you,, I just love when you talk about the lake!!

You know I asked Dr. Cardio. about how I dont need my oxygen outside, its weird, I can go outside take it off and I do fine until I step back into the house and my level drops and I have to back on it. He said its because I like being outside, and yep hes right, I love being outside! SO you are getting some good exercise riding that bike !!

Jen I really hope you are doing better today, hugs.

Niko, How your hubby doing, hope hes alot better, you doing ok? Drop in and say hi!

Ayanka, Hope you are having another good day!! thinking of you..

Hikr00. WHere did you go? Everything ok with you?

Om, tell me to shut up, if I'm getting to be too much, Keep going you are doing great!! Even if it doesnt feel like it, youve come along way! Congrats on your new stove! Wish I was closer to you, I could test out your food for you!! lol

OK, Ok, I will have the surgery, but I dont feel like I need it, I feel fine, sometimes I dont think its sunk in that this isnt going away. It scares me to that if it goes off it can throw me to the ground, they say its like getting hit in the chest with a baseball bat.. sigh.... ok, I guess I need to think more positive here? Yeah, I'm trying,,,

my list today
    work several hours, or try to
    grocery sales
    dust

baked Ziti for dinner,

Hikr00, this is a good one for you, made rolled lasgana last week and it was good too.

Have a fantastic day!
    Last edited by pinetree; 07-15-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, I have a coffee area that needs cleaned up, and I drink coffee, can you help out a helpless person and come clean mine up too?? lol, it that whiney enough?!! Would love to see ya, we could have a cup of coffee!! hugs...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm here to serve, FW. LOL.

I called the vet and talked to one of the techs, who asked if we were interested in another husky. Oh, no, this could be bad. It's a three year old husky who belongs to an elderly musher who has health problems, and the dog is apparently more than he can handle anymore. The vet tech is also a musher and we had a good chat about this dog. Husby is stopping in the vet clinic today to get meds, so I told her to talk to him and show him the pic. I hope one of us has sense enough to say no to a third doggy. Our first priority is a quiet home for Sugar, and we have that now. We'd be crazy to mess it up. It's just so hard to hear of a doggy in need and an owner trying to do the right thing. He actually rescued the dog as a stray because he couldn't stand seeing it running around starving, so this doggy has been through the wringer already.

The shrimp vindaloo is made and from the taste test, it seems okay. I'll see how hot it really is when I eat a whole meal of it though. The curry is okay, so maybe I need to make some more east Indian food and see if we can expand our culinary interests into yet another culture.

Got the boxes moved too, so now I have empty boxes to continue sorting books from the cabin into.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Pinetree-mostly IDK what I am talking about (regarding computers). I can't find the minimize for a page,all sorts of extra crap keeps popping up and also from the sides.
    I am charging it right now. IDK I sit down at my clunky monkey grampa of a desktop and I can use it. The brand new one has windows 8 and no explanation of so many things. I will muddle thru (though I will probably day dream of many ways to destroy it first). DH says its letting too many viruses in and explorer is obsolete too. It would be nice not to have every video buffering constantly too. Maybe I can sweet talk my own self into it?

Got a big Mac on the way home from dropping DD at work. NASTY. (not looovin' it!). Dogs got it. Apparently,they use even less quality meat for the big Mac than the double cheese-How is that possible?