2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 114
Page 114 of 271 FirstFirst ... 1464104111112113114115116117124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW, this might sound stupid, but what is IDK? I really hope you get it fixed. I''m not really sure what to say here? How bout Good Luck!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

IDK=I don't know.

Windows 8 sucks. I hate it very, very much. I can never find anything, like how to uninstall a program. Simple stuff I've been able to do for years just befuddles me with Win8. IDK why Microsoft has to take something that doesn't need to be fixed and do their darnedest to make it inoperable. Who trains those people?

I don't think I'm going to get my new blouse cut out today. I can't find my sewing box which is an orange T-ware box made for crafting, which I chose to use because it's a good size and orange and I thought I couldn't lose it. I guess I was wrong. I also don't know what Husby did with the folding table. Which should be even easier to find.

But I did get the vindaloo packed up and in the fridge and decided it wasn't so hot that Husby wouldn't eat it. It's supposed to have shrimp in it but I don't have any so I used fake seafood instead. Husby would eat just about anything with fake seafood and white rice in it, so that's supper. Two birds with one stone. It should freeze well and it's only six points for WW, so I'll add a little to the freezer inventory, too, so I can save myself when it's time to eat and nothing is ready.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I sent an e to the people in charge of the Cook rummage sale asking if they would want our pool table. I sure hope they do and that they'll come get it because we're not going to deliver. We ran an ad for it and got no responses except some drunk late at night, and then one of the roofers said he wanted it but clearly doesn't. We just want it gone. If they do come this far to pick up stuff, we have a bunch of other stuff they could have too. Maybe we'll get some space in the house pretty soon. That would be too good to be true!

Hope they respond soon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-thanks for saying that! I just wanted my 1st laptop that wasn't a Franken-hubby design. I can't minimize for crap sake! I got stuck on this site,shut down and went to another site. So much more conveinent. (sp)
    I wanted to sit in the sun and peruse Ebay or watch a movie on the deck (after my chores of course!) I hate tech.

So I dyed my hair after 1 1/2 years. Um,1 box isnt going to do it I can tell. How soon after you do it can you do it again (ya know and not have it fall out). A little grey left is ok but uneven is what I expect to be honest.

Pinetree-IDK is indeed I dont know
    JK is just kidding
    LMAO-is laugh my aXX off
    not stupid just never seen it.

Got the blanket in for a 2nd wash. I prob. didnt need to but the dogs often sleep w/ me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post

So I dyed my hair after 1 1/2 years. Um,1 box isnt going to do it I can tell. How soon after you do it can you do it again (ya know and not have it fall out). A little grey left is ok but uneven is what I expect to be honest.

the toll free numbers for the major hair coloring products generally have someone who can give you tips and how to fix a mistake

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will never get caught up...hope everyone is ok....

Today is catch up laundry, scoop cat litter, clean off kitchen cabinets

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD, yes, Windows 8 is a waste of money and energy. I got a new laptop 2 years ago and DS (who knows tech) asked if I wanted Windows 8. I figured sure, I can do Windows. May, it does indeed suck. Not friendly, most of it I would never use, a waste.

I hope that doggy at the vet finds a good home, but Sota is your priority.

fw, I know that you're doing a happy dance about the neighbor from hell leaving. Our former neighbor was awful----he cussed at me about something trivial. Well, in the South, a gentleman does not cuss at a lady. I was most offended. His wife was very pleasant but the kids were squirrelly and NEVER went outside. The house was foreclosed on and I have no idea where they went. Never want to know. We saw the inside of the house after they moved out and oh my, it was terrible---I wondered if they quit cleaning when they knew they would lose it. Filth. Holes. The AC wasn't even working. How they survived in our heat I don't know. But he did seem to always have a nice car and toys...

RABBIT, we've had storms with good rain 2 nights in a row but the heat never goes away. Highs in the high 90s, heat indices around 105-110, and lows in mid-to-high 70s. Summer in middle Georgia.

pinetree, you have to have the surgery, you know you do, that's all there is to it, you'll have it and it will help tremendously!
    Scary, but you can do this.

Everybody else, hi, and hope you're doing well.

Yesterday we got a new disposal (DH is currently installing it) and a new dishwasher that will be delivered Saturday. A Bosch for under $400 because it was the display model and also the last one in their inventory. It has the stainless steel interior and nylon racks that I wanted and it's black like I wanted and they even knocked off some of the price because it was the last one. We also got the installation kit because DH can put it in, plus it's free delivery and haul-off of the old one. Oh, and DH will also hook up the icemaker which for some reason we haven't had hooked up in years. I think he figures he might as well do all the plumbing-related tasks at one fell swoop.

So for today:

1) Help DH as needed
    2) Record recent expenditures (didn't get to it yesterday)
    3) Put together grocery list with accompanying coupons
    4) Mop in kitchen and breakfast room when DH is finished with disposal and icemaker
    5) Vacuum upstairs
    6) Avoid going outside as much as possible

Have a good one, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

om, it's okay, as FlyLady says, just jump in where you are. Remember, any progress is good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok
    drama with friend. Affair...just drama...
    trying to be her friend and be real with her. .affairs are wrong..no excuse for them. If u can't be faithful get a divorce. Old fashioned here I guess.
    Went to sign up on state insurance yesterday. Ours was cancelled for some reason.
    Went to baby doctor. Got to see her and feel her kick...went to see bf in nursing home she wants to come home.. it is not possible. .she does not understand.
    Everything done for today.

3 dead here 5 missing and presumed dead. They were washed away in their homes. many people home less lost everything they had.. it rain about 4 inches in a couple hour period.... many mud slides..
    So very sad about it a few years ago these same people were hit by that fluke tornado we had hit .

Salmon for supper. .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-funny you should mention her because today is=I have bleach in a spray bottle and I will wash down anything that doesn't move-day.
    Wow,you are really going to town on that kitchen. Bosch and a new Dw to boot!
    Please can you still talk to us lowly 1970's kitchen people?? please madame! lol

Going to wash my other bed blanket. I swear the animals know. I had 3 dogs and 4 cats lounging on the freshly washed blankets this morning. Oh well,more love!

Also ILC-we have holes. I have about 4 I don't have the skills to patch. 1 on the landing wall where a piece of furniture slipped from someones grip,1 Ds tripped w/ the base of a lamp and made a moon shape,1 behind Ds's door where the handle went through,and a Ds hole that was a punch. Get a theme here. Ds,Ds,Ds,Ds
    I told Dh I want to take a Home Depot drywall repair course. There are not patchable or I would have whipped them off a long time ago. And they aren't worth a hire. Not very DIY myself. Bargain hunts yes,repairs-no. The teen years are so hard on houses. 1 time Ds went up w/ his fist up saying Superman and punched a hole in the ceiling.No anger just screwing around. Shocked look on his face! I laughed until I peed and handed him the drywall patch stuff. There's more than 1 clutz in this house.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OM-that's a basketfull for 1 day. hug and more hugs followed by a prayer or 2.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ilovechocolate View Post
    Oh, and DH will also hook up the icemaker which for some reason we haven't had hooked up in years. I think he figures he might as well do all the plumbing-related tasks at one fell swoop.
    great find on the DW! When we moved here, the contractor gave us an appliance budget. So frugal parents, frugal me- we went to the store he has an arrangement with. We found the scratch and dents, good sales and were under budget but they do not give you the money you saved them. So the guy helped us figure out we could add a microwave but it would be silly to throw money away, so he helped us pick out "better" appliances. Our refrigerator has ice and water, OMG, i couldn't believe we had that! I LOVE it! Enjoy!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We never hooked ours up. My frugal is no water or electric used. And also the inside had more room for food. I currently have lunch meat frozen stored in the ice cube bin. I get chubs,slice and freeze. (refuse to pay $10-$12 a pound for lunch meat)
    W/ us at the other house we didnt use the ice and it just sat picking up flavors. Also ours sprung a nasty leak and did floor damage. When I finally buy the upright freezer I will use trays to make ice for smoothies.

Bernice-Ddad worked for Sears for 40 yrs. and we would go to the Sears warehouse and get scratch and ding stuff. got a stove,and fridge dented on the sides. Didnt matter when I slid between 2 counters or up against the wall anyway. He also got his employee discount on top of that. Back then delivery was free too. I think we also got the Aqua washer and dryer discounted for out of style color. Ddad knew them and would call us if he asked them to watch for a specific thing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

morning

ilc, yes I'm doing the surgery, but why is this going to help? I guess i am missing somthing?
    Congratulations on the new dishwasher and disposal!! WTG and you even got your color!! ANd a great price too!!

OM, Don't worry about catching up, you will get to it soon, I have found it doesn't go anywhere! How exciting about the baby!! It sounds like things are really starting to turn around for you! Its about time!! I'm so happy for you! Saw on the news about your flooding, be careful!

Jen, hope you are doing ok.

RABBIT, Glad you popped in to say Hi!

Bernice, Thanks for the well wishes!

Hikr00 hope you are doing ok

FW, Thanks! Maybe now I will know what you are talking about! My cats are the same way, if its clean they are on it as soon as they can get to it. Thinking about dying my hair, I have never done it, but my gray is starting to take over and I dont look very well as a blonde, any good ones to use?

SD, hope they take your pool table and 1/2 of your house! You will have to take a picture of the dock!

Niko, saw you lurking, HI!

Hi to anyone I missed

Having a good time with my back spasms, ugh.. going to take it easy, one day I will learn,, yea right...

List
    waiting for ups
    work for awhile
    Dh going down to talk Dr about his surgery
    find something for dinner

Have a good day!
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, no I'm not doing so well. It's better today than yesterday, and I'm hoping it will be better still tomorrow. This gout attack traveled all the way up into my ankle and I couldn't even get out of bed . My hubby used the desk chair to help me to the bathroom. He says we're getting a wheelchair if this keeps up.

Pinetree, the defibrillator will keep you alive, and that's what you need. My FIL had one and he said he never even noticed when it turned on. The only way he knew was when the doctor called to see him afterward. His had a base station that monitored it and sent a signal to the office.

I hope everyone is doing well. Have a wonderful day, Everyone!

Jen