2015 To-Do Challenge - Page 116
Page 116 of 271 FirstFirst ... 1666106113114115116117118119126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 4061
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Seth went to Heaven this morning. Thanks to everyone for the prayers and good thoughts. Please continue them for his parents, sisters, other family, and his girlfriend Savannah.

DS is coming home this afternoon, and DH will install the dishwasher when it arrives, so that's my day.

Have a good one, ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sd-Glad sugar is holding.I was thinking about her neck. I think No w/ Mackey. No surgery. I takes 8 months of Hexx to heal it and we went through it 2x. How much pain should 1 dog bear. I will just watch for now. The vet wassayingthese dogs who are solg. don't live as long anyway. IF I ever get a dog again it won't be so big because everything is harder and more. I grew up w/ a beagle,we had 3 of her puppies and she was the sweetest. Bailey grew Ds up for me and was the greatest. Even Mikey (although he is too much dog) has that faithful love thing. I am a beagle mix person.

Took 2 clariton yesterday. Never again. Took an hour this morning to come out of it I was so deep. I never go on drunks or have drugged but I imagine this is close. Lots of water today!! Good Grief!

Talked to Dmom and she was in one of her stubborn confused moods. She was making ice tea and said she was putting it in a glass w/ a screw lid. I said Oh a Carafe. No,no,no. Thats for coffee. This has lemons on it. Yes,its for lemonade mom. It's a juice carafe. And off we went. I finally told her she was very stubborn and she proudly said yes. OY! I guess at her age she could be faing a wall drooling somewhere.

Super hot-trying to choose between the mall w/ a movie and the beach.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ilc - prayers continuing........
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ILC-missed this when i posted. Prayer continued.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Back. Everyone is fine. We had Sota's claws clipped too, even though he's self-clipping. He always misses the two outside front ones. So now we can't hear them walking on our floors. Two feline rabies shots, three wellness kitty checks, one canine rabies and one parvo/distemper/whatever canine shot and a well doggy check, and two claw clippings, $168 bucks minus a $50 rebate from heartworm meds. $118 to find out everyone is healthy: Priceless. Glad that's over for another year.

FW, it's good to know the breed you do best with. We stick with huskies and husky mixes and won't accept anything else. Anymore, we're not that interested in mixes either. We're familiar with Siberian husky habits, personalities, health issues, aging, etc so it makes things so much easier for us.

One of Husby's co-workers who lives down the road from us has a beagle. It decided to chase something a week or so ago and ran right through their electronic fence, you know, the ones I always complain about because I don't think they're safe AT ALL. The dog ran out into the road where it hit the back tire of a van passing by. It's injured but luckily it will survive. Poor little doggy. I hate to hear about stuff like that happening.

I don't use a collar to walk Sugar anymore. I think most dogs who have been walked with a collar end up with some kind of neck injury, especially with those stupid retractable leashes that they pull on constantly. I made her a walking harness so I can help her up and down steps and into the cars, so she doesn't have any stress on her neck anymore. I think it's much better for her. I do put a collar on her when we walk or leave home though, because her ID tags are on it.

Hot and sticky here. It's supposed to storm later but that's what they said last night, too and nothing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    What you guys explaining in this implant is not what these DR.s are telling me. Mine only goes off if my heart stops, and then its going to feel like I got hit in the chest with a baseball bat. It can knock me to the floor. Maybe I will reread or call him to see what the difference is. I thought this was a pace maker and he said no its completely different.. I dont know now..
    This site explains it pretty well:

Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD)

But your doctor should be telling you exactly what diagnosis you have that you need one of these. Most nowadays have the pacemaker component, as well, I think that's a good thing. When I had a patient whose device had gone off, they described it feeling like a punch or a kick to the chest, tiring and had to lie done and take it easy. They are told it could knock them off their feet, never once did I have a patient experience that. Must call doc after it has gone off. From what they've said to me, the pain only lasted seconds. The device constantly monitors your rhythm and gives painless impulses to keep it regular. it only goes off if the impulses do not work. The majority of patients I had with one were rightfully nervous in the beginning, especially about what a shock would be like. As time went by and their previously poorly regulated rhythm was now regulated, they physically felt better. Many were able to have their arrhythmia managed with the device and meds and the device never went off. If it does, try to remember it is shocking you out of a life threatening arrhythmia, one that often led to death before AICDs because it needs to be treated within minutes and cannot wait for paramedics to arrive. A shock should be very rare, if not, the device needs tinkering to be set properly for you, this can be done in the MD office and does not require anything invasive. the device has a chip that gives the doc all the info he needs to know that has been going on. It can even be checked over the phone.

After the post-op period, you can resume a normal life. You will be told certain things you need to avoid, like MRIs because of the effects of strong magnets. Always carry your card about your particular AICD and if it were me, I would wear a medicalert bracelet with the info. No one wants one but they truly save lives.

I never heard of one that only goes off if your heart stops beating, it should be delivering impulses when needed to regulate the rhythm so your heart does not stop beating and decreases the need for a shock. Also, I would ask why you are not getting one with a pacemaker, they are the routine now from what I know. You should be given a lot of information so you can make an informed choice. It's not enough to say that it only goes off when your heart stops beating.

I would ask every question and concern that you have, while minimally invasive, an AICD is still complicated and you have a right to have every concern addressed. If your doc will not take the time to fully explain what you have concerns about, that is not ok, you have rights as a patient.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    I am a beagle mix person.

I've had 2 shelter beagle mixes, Bernice is one. Two best dogs I've ever had

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    Back. Everyone is fine. We had Sota's claws clipped too, even though he's self-clipping. He always misses the two outside front ones. So now we can't hear them walking on our floors. Two feline rabies shots, three wellness kitty checks, one canine rabies and one parvo/distemper/whatever canine shot and a well doggy check, and two claw clippings, $168 bucks minus a $50 rebate from heartworm meds. $118 to find out everyone is healthy: Priceless. Glad that's over for another year.
    do you have pet insurance? I have two dogs and physicals and shots are several hundred dollars more than you paid and this is before routine meds. I think I might be getting ripped off, but our old vet charged about the same

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nope, no pet insurance here.

I dug up about 5,000 pages of old mss. to go through. I know there's more on diskettes (yeah, it's been that long), CDs, and thumb drives. There might be some more hard copies in a closet I can't get at right now, too. Not going to be fun. But it should be interesting. I think I need to get into it all by focusing on only one project at a time, or it'll just be too overwhelming and hard to keep things straight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

what is MSS?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mss = manuscripts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi ladies! I'm so very far behind. DHs Mom, brother and his wife are all visiting from FLorida for the month of July. They've rented a cottage a little over an hour from us so we've been spending a lot of time staying there with them and some traveling back and forth to visit. It's just too hard to post from my iPad when I'm there so I'm behind.

All is well here. We're just poking along. DH now has the living room all painted (in between our visits to the family) and part of the hall. There is one piece (well, several actually but he's working on one area) that was poorly mudded / taped by the contractor so he needed to dig that all out and redo it. Once he finishes that he can continue down the hall. All that's left than is the kitchen! Oh and the bathrooms. But we've decided we can move in before the bathrooms are painted. We can share a bathroom while the other is being painted so we'll still have access to the toilet / shower etc. I'm starting to get a tiny bit excited about the move. It's been such an ordeal and the drama pretty much killed my enthusiasm so I'm glad I'm starting to feel a little bit of a spark about getting in there. I'm on the hunt for new bedding for my room. I currently have a quilt on my bed that I made from DDs baby clothes. I love it but I made it for her and when I finally finished it I just couldn't quite bear to part with it so DD said I should keep it and when I was ready she'd take it. I'm finally at the point that I'm ready to let it go but first I need something else so I'm looking for new bedding. Once we get moved and settled somewhat (probably when the weather gets cold), I will drag out the quilt I started for my bed but there's no way I'll finish that now before we move so I need something else.

I'm so sorry to hear that news above about Seth. That is so tragic. Prayers said.

SD I hope Sugar is OK and FW I hope Mackey does OK too. We had a shepherd / husky mix who blew out her knee (not the technical term I know but I'm blanking on it) and we took her in. Vet said it would be a couple of thousand to repair and she'd be unable to use it for three months. SO we'd need to carry her everywhere. She also said she'd always walk with a limp and have pain from arthritis. OK then...what's it like if we don't do surgery. Vet said she'll walk with a limp and have pain from arthritis. She was a ten year old dog and after tossing the options around and asking the vet 50 million questions we opted to skip the surgery, let it heal on its own and we gave her meds for arthritis. We'd have given her the meds whether she'd had surgery or not to combat the pain. She did well for a while but eventually it became apparent that she was just not comfortable with it anymore and we made the difficult choice to have her put down. If she'd been a young dog it would have been a much easier decision to have surgery because she'd have had many more years with us and recovery wouldn't have been as difficult but with an older dog the vet said it's a lot harder to recover from a surgery like that. I can't remember how old Mackey is but that's something to consider. It sucks though, truly it does.

Hi to OM, Jen, Niko, Rabbit, Bernice , Pinetree and Ayanka I know I'm missing someone else but I'm blanking on who it is! Hope you all have a good night!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sugar seems fine now. I'm sure she has some bruises under her fur but she's acting normal and had a good day in spite of being dragged to the vet. We can see her camping days are over though. She would have too much trouble getting in and out of the camper, among other problems. We're hoping we can't camp for at least two more years, but I guess I'll be surprised if that happens. What makes me sad is she and Sota will never get to camp together.

We did get the knee surgery for Sheba, one of our former huskies. She had a torn ligament in a back knee. She was eleven at the time and the cost was $500, and we hesitated too because of her age. But her surgeon assured us she would be pain-free after the surgery and the healing. It was a long process for her to heal, about six weeks, but she had three good pain-free years after that, so in the end we concluded it was worth it. She had a slight limp after that but she was happy. Before the surgery she was in terrible pain. We couldn't stand to see that. She would come and lay her head in my lap and I just knew she was asking me to take the pain away. She had to wait ten days for the surgery and it seemed like forever.

I think I need a big story board. I'm going to have to give that some thought.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yeah w/ Mackey I thought it was 1 knee. When the surgery was over the guy had done the other knee. If I had known it was both knees I am not sure Mackey would still be here. It was $1700 a knee but the recovery. Esp. the whimpery first 2 nights. We slept on a quilt on the floor w/ him. Apparently the nylon sutures they use cause more arthritis. No one ever decided to mention this to me. Cruciate ligament was shredded. The one worse than the other.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When my Border Collie needed knee surgery at the age of 3, we paid $800. The vet who did it reminded me of that vet on Animal Planet "Dr. Jeff Rocky Mountain Vet". He specialized in orthopedic surgeries, had state of the art equipment and charged far less than any vet around would. He thought is was terrible what other vets charged because people would put their beloved pet down because they couldn't afford care. Vet care in VERY expensive in the metro Detroit area. I didn't know how expensive until I moved to the country. Still it's no where near your prices SD. Wow, that is cheap!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.